Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Anyone know anything about NBA? Is -4.5 on the Bucks a good bet? I am tempted to drop a grand on them, or just wait for unders on the weekend for baseball. Any advice, mucho gracias. I generally suck tanned balls on NBA but its the only game in town tonight.
    If you had any money this would be the play, yes.

I'm even tempted to bet Bucks +200 for the series, and would if it was a shade higher. If Giannis continues to go to the basket and gets any level of support from the supporting cast I don't think Phoenix has the bodies to stop him. Ayton is a good defender but will inevitably pick up fouls if he keeps driving. Saric is out and Kaminsky is dog shit.
    I've got plenty of money, but thanks for the validation. If a mope like you agrees with me, I guess it's a go. $1,000 on the Bucks, minus the points which is dangerous. I dunno, maybe money line. Not sure. Not sure if I want the sweat like I had last night with the bases loaded in the ASG.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Anyone know anything about NBA? Is -4.5 on the Bucks a good bet? I am tempted to drop a grand on them, or just wait for unders on the weekend for baseball. Any advice, mucho gracias. I generally suck tanned balls on NBA but its the only game in town tonight.

I'm even tempted to bet Bucks +200 for the series, and would if it was a shade higher. If Giannis continues to go to the basket and gets any level of support from the supporting cast I don't think Phoenix has the bodies to stop him. Ayton is a good defender but will inevitably pick up fouls if he keeps driving. Saric is out and Kaminsky is dog shit.
    foreigners can't win the title until they become fully americanized like Dirk, suns in 5, dish is rich

Comments

Sanlmar: Working for his 10 dimes. No handouts

Load Metric
    Only the NBA would be brazen enough to have a guy like Scott Foster officiate a Finals.

When you need to extend a series you know who has the experience.

You’re ok tonight though, dish

Load Metric

These are the two worst teams I’ve ever seen in the Finals. I’m thinking the home team wins every game. Should have bet the Bucks when they were down 0-2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

These are the two worst teams I’ve ever seen in the Finals. I’m thinking the home team wins every game. Should have bet the Bucks when they were down 0-2.
    Agreed, not only are teams unappealing the fucking game does not start until 9pm, I'll be long asleep when this one is over. Looks like the Bucks minus the points for 5 bills and its one of those you take a piss and check your phone at 3am.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Agreed, not only are teams unappealing the fucking game does not start until 9pm, I'll be long asleep when this one is over. Looks like the Bucks minus the points for 5 bills and its one of those you take a piss and check your phone at 3am.
    I am in for $1100, Bucks -4.5. I have lost my mind, this is a blind bet. Looks like that 3am piss will at least be entertaining if nothing else.

Load Metric

I am in for $1100, Bucks -4.5. I have lost my mind, this is a blind bet. Looks like that 3am piss will at least be entertaining if nothing else.
    Nice pretend win, you're welcome.

What the fuck were the Bucks doing in the first half? If Chris Paul showed up this series is over.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Diamond
    Load Metric
    GREAT GAME FOR TEAM DISH GETS RICH LAST NIGHT AS I TOOK BOOKER +800 MVP PREGAME. and chris paul falling down with 30 sec to go, gotta be kidding me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    GREAT GAME FOR TEAM DISH GETS RICH LAST NIGHT AS I TOOK BOOKER +800 MVP PREGAME. and chris paul falling down with 30 sec to go, gotta be kidding me
    It’s a good hedge with your Suns bet, but I don’t think you likely cash both tickets. When Paul plays well, they win. If he doesn’t, they rarely do. So for Suns to win, Paul has to be very good twice more, and with the narrative, you’ll cash that Suns ticket, but imo, not the MVP one. You have a good price either way.

Strangely I was leaning into the idea Bucks might come back and win down 2-1. Now it’s 2-2 and I’m more convinced Suns will win. Bucks really got lucky last night. I’m not sure a road team can win a game.

Load Metric

What a game. Sadly did not fire on Bucks +200.

Giannis absolutely next level tonight despite the free throws.

Portland fans know just how devastating Jrue Holiday can be defensively. That strip on Booker + Giannis alley oop was amazing.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Phoenix +320 for series still is tasty though.

Jrue Holiday has been so up and down and was hitting tough shots all night tonight. Good bet that he'll regress going forward.

Load Metric
    If Mobley is sitting there at 3 and the Cavs pass I’m going to be disgusted, which is a common Cavs draft day feeling. I don’t trust Houston sitting there at 2 to not give away the pick for nothing after the Harden fiasco and the Cavs being left with guards to add to their guard-heavy roster. I’ll be shocked if OKC doesn’t make some move. Just so many picks to bundle together. Orlando interesting also with 5 and 8. It feels like there should be some fireworks tonight, but usually those are the most boring and don’t materialize. The Turkish kid Sengun is really interesting. Would be first pick in 1998. So gifted in traditional post sense, but can’t see how he won’t be abused on defense.

I can imagine the walk to the podium and the Cavs take Kuminga. Who may be great, but will be a guy on second contract before he has a clue and otherwise go 8th.

Covid making the last two years abbreviated makes everyone a true mystery. This might be one of those drafts we look back on and think second ten guys produced more stars than first ten.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    If Mobley is sitting there at 3 and the Cavs pass I’m going to be disgusted, which is a common Cavs draft day feeling. I don’t trust Houston sitting there at 2 to not give away the pick for nothing after the Harden fiasco and the Cavs being left with guards to add to their guard-heavy roster. I’ll be shocked if OKC doesn’t make some move. Just so many picks to bundle together. Orlando interesting also with 5 and 8. It feels like there should be some fireworks tonight, but usually those are the most boring and don’t materialize. The Turkish kid Sengun is really interesting. Would be first pick in 1998. So gifted in traditional post sense, but can’t see how he won’t be abused on defense.

I can imagine the walk to the podium and the Cavs take Kuminga. Who may be great, but will be a guy on second contract before he has a clue and otherwise go 8th.

Covid making the last two years abbreviated makes everyone a true mystery. This might be one of those drafts we look back on and think second ten guys produced more stars than first ten.
    I've completely checked out of the draft for the last few years and it's been great. Rookies almost never matter and you learn who the good players are regardless without wasting time on prospects.

Interest has waned since 2014 when every analyst was creaming their pants about Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins. Huge time saver now.

That being said, will watch this year because Portland should be super active. Thinking objectively, the move should be to move Dame now if the right package is out there. THis won't happen unless he demands it, but it should.

Really have no feel for what they'll do; Dame is demanding upgrades and I don't see it being possible. I suppose they could way overpay for Ben Simmons but that won't be enough. CJ trades are thin.

Expecting some weak attempt at improving the roster that will fall short.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I've completely checked out of the draft for the last few years and it's been great. Rookies almost never matter and you learn who the good players are regardless without wasting time on prospects.

Interest has waned since 2014 when every analyst was creaming their pants about Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins. Huge time saver now.

That being said, will watch this year because Portland should be super active. Thinking objectively, the move should be to move Dame now if the right package is out there. THis won't happen unless he demands it, but it should.

Really have no feel for what they'll do; Dame is demanding upgrades and I don't see it being possible. I suppose they could way overpay for Ben Simmons but that won't be enough. CJ trades are thin.

Expecting some weak attempt at improving the roster that will fall short.
    Yeah Dame is a guy where you can’t win. He seems to want out a little, if they can’t improve in a way that seems impossible, yet isn’t going to give up the goodwill he’s built up and ask for it, and you can’t live down trading him if he doesn’t demand it or ask straight up. It’s even trickier coming off a year where Giannis is getting all this praise for doing it the right way, when reality is they get swept by Nets by 25 a game if they are even 2/3 healthy, forget fully healthy.

I’m to the point I’m only interested in two way players, so I want Mobley. He seems great defensively and we have a really poor mans undersized version of your backcourt where you need that. Okoro is good defender. We need to get something out of Sexton and I’d actually like the bones of the team. It would be years away and a good SF wing in a future draft, but adding Mobley and trading Sexton would make it it a logical roster construction going forward. Plus protects against having to overpay for Allen, who is perfectly solid, but seems topped out at a top 15 center. Paying those guys any more than high teens doesn’t make sense in today’s game.

Load Metric
    Well SJ, shouldn't be a ton of fireworks with Blazers tonight, as they have no picks. Not even that token 2nd rounder who sits buried on the bench for his whole rookie contract, then goes elsewhere and does well and wins a championship (Hi Pat Connaughton!). Doubt a big deal happens tonight.

I think Bill Simmons put it well on a recent podcast. Philly knows PDX has probably already offered CJ + for Ben Simmons. They'll probably sit on that offer for awhile, trying to get something better, or hoping Dame wants out. I doubt trades involving any of these guys will happen for awhile.

BCR, yeah you gotta hope Houston doesnt deal. If they stay put, seems like a good chance Mobley falls to 3. If I was Houston, I'd still take him, who cares if he's slightly redundant with Wood. Collect the best ballplayers and then figure it out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Well SJ, shouldn't be a ton of fireworks with Blazers tonight, as they have no picks. Not even that token 2nd rounder who sits buried on the bench for his whole rookie contract, then goes elsewhere and does well and wins a championship (Hi Pat Connaughton!). Doubt a big deal happens tonight.

I think Bill Simmons put it well on a recent podcast. Philly knows PDX has probably already offered CJ + for Ben Simmons. They'll probably sit on that offer for awhile, trying to get something better, or hoping Dame wants out. I doubt trades involving any of these guys will happen for awhile.

BCR, yeah you gotta hope Houston doesnt deal. If they stay put, seems like a good chance Mobley falls to 3. If I was Houston, I'd still take him, who cares if he's slightly redundant with Wood. Collect the best ballplayers and then figure it out.
    Probably true, but Dame put Neil on the clock.

Agree that Ben Simmons isn't happening. I knew immediately when both CJ and Stotts got re-upped after making it to the WCF (and getting bodied by a Warriors team without Durant) that it was over.

Probably means one more year of 6-7 seed, with Dame saying adios and getting less back. Or something midseason if they come out flat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Probably true, but Dame put Neil on the clock.

Agree that Ben Simmons isn't happening. I knew immediately when both CJ and Stotts got re-upped after making it to the WCF (and getting bodied by a Warriors team without Durant) that it was over.

Probably means one more year of 6-7 seed, with Dame saying adios and getting less back. Or something midseason if they come out flat.
    I think Simmons for CJ+ still has a great chance of happening, only because of Simmons playoff performance. Sixers are trying to stay competitive, they arent trading him anywhere for a picks/young guys package. Gotta be another star coming back. Who could they get better than CJ? I doubt Boston trades Jaylen brown for him, nor Wash and Beal. De'aron Fox maybe?

Just seems like the most logical trade.

Load Metric
    Even if you view Simmons as highly valuable, which I do, the packages I see being turned down make it seem Morey has no interest in moving off him. Such a weird player paired with a GM who won’t ever want to appear to lose a deal.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: All of this. Morey trying to get team X to bite.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers Cade Cunningham is OK State is the number one pick

Brothers the first tribute Nicky Pipes brought this forum was the OK STATE bball team as they rose from obscurity to Big 12 Tournament Champs at one point covering 9 straight games I believe

I see him as a very high quality player would not be excited about joIning Detroit Pistons if I was him

Load Metric
    Evan Mobley is a superstar Lock in this draft

he has a whole lot of Joel Embiid to his game. Moves well for such a big, but does need to add a few moves/elusiveness down low

Whoever gets Evan Mobley is getting a very, very good versatile big man who can move, and will do well at the next level for sure

Thread Information