Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Chris Paul in Covid protocol and out indefinitely. Wtf?

SloppyJoe tell your boy to quit being an anti-vaxxer. I guess it’s possible he got vaccinated though.
    Brutal morning of NBA news, hoping Kawhi isn't out long term also. Seeing the Jazz make the finals is an outcome no one wants outside of Team Retard mormons.

If CP3 wasnt vaccinated then 100% on him for being retarded. Pretty gutting as a neutral, that Suns team has been fun as hell.

Lot of stuff out there with baseball players/football players not getting vaxxed. LOL America.

Have to imagine he's laid up with it bad; the league would definitely ignore an exposure at this point.
    I watched 3 Vikings player press conferences after minicamp yesterday. Adam Theilen, Harrison Smith, and freshly signed Sheldon Richardson. All 3 not vaxxed. I was shocked that out of those 3 specifically, not even 1.

Load Metric
    Pelicans definitely made the right move in sacking SVG.

He was ahead of the curve with those Dwight Howard Magic teams launching nonstop threes but that Pelicans team had no clue until toward the end when Zion was unleashed.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Pelicans definitely made the right move in sacking SVG.

He was ahead of the curve with those Dwight Howard Magic teams launching nonstop threes but that Pelicans team had no clue until toward the end when Zion was unleashed.
    Pels just shot themselves in the foot with every move theyve made in the past year.

CP3 apparently is vaxxed, so hopefully he wont have to miss any games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I probably should consolidate the Haralabob talk into one thread, since it's both here and in the one Crowe started.

But yes, Sloppy Joe is correct. Obviously someone did an info dump to The Athletic about the dysfunction at the Mavericks front office, and they probably figured out it was Nelson.

They do need to get this situation under control if Doncic is pissed, though. If they drive him away, it will be a tremendous fail which they will regret for a very long time.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I probably should consolidate the Haralabob talk into one thread, since it's both here and in the one Crowe started.

But yes, Sloppy Joe is correct. Obviously someone did an info dump to The Athletic about the dysfunction at the Mavericks front office, and they probably figured out it was Nelson.

They do need to get this situation under control if Doncic is pissed, though. If they drive him away, it will be a tremendous fail which they will regret for a very long time.
    He already said he is going to sign the SuperMax. I am guessing he is going to give them 2-3 years to build a contender before he demands a trade.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Chris Paul in Covid protocol and out indefinitely. Wtf?

SloppyJoe tell your boy to quit being an anti-vaxxer. I guess it’s possible he got vaccinated though.
    Brutal morning of NBA news, hoping Kawhi isn't out long term also. Seeing the Jazz make the finals is an outcome no one wants outside of Team Retard mormons.

If CP3 wasnt vaccinated then 100% on him for being retarded. Pretty gutting as a neutral, that Suns team has been fun as hell.

Lot of stuff out there with baseball players/football players not getting vaxxed. LOL America.

Have to imagine he's laid up with it bad; the league would definitely ignore an exposure at this point.
    Low T beta male can’t put it together. High TEST BROS do not want to be vaxxxed by the state.

Load Metric
    LOL Sixers.

The Bucks loss was bad but at least was on the road and because of a literal all time performance from Durant.

One of the most comprehensive choke jobs I can remember, top to bottom.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    LOL Sixers.

The Bucks loss was bad but at least was on the road and because of a literal all time performance from Durant.

I legit turned it off and just left the Indians game on. Had no idea they blew it until your post. Just looking at stats. Simmons 4/14 on free throws and 8 points in 3 point loss. Good god they need to finally break that pairing up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    LOL Sixers.

I legit turned it off and just left the Indians game on. Had no idea they blew it until your post. Just looking at stats. Simmons 4/14 on free throws and 8 points in 3 point loss. Good god they need to finally break that pairing up.
    I had too, errantly reopened it on my iPad and watched as the Hawks clawed back from like 15 down.

Embiid was dreadful down the stretch. It was one of those where you knew it was happening, piece by piece.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I had too, errantly reopened it on my iPad and watched as the Hawks clawed back from like 15 down.

Embiid was dreadful down the stretch. It was one of those where you knew it was happening, piece by piece.
    I think it was 72-46 when I turned it off. Indians were in one run game. I never imagined Sixers would blow it to a bunch of kids.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Embiid basically lost the last 2 games with brutal 4th quarters. But that being said, there is no one else on this team willing or able to take over. They could really use Jimmy Butler or (healthy) James Harden right about now.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Monster Win for the Clippers without Kawhi. They played games without their stars all year and are prepared for this blow. It's over in game 6 and the Suns going down next.

Load Metric
    Name:  Ben-Simmons_-outrageous-FT-stat-continues-to-haunt-Philly-vs-Hawks.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  84.1 KB

Load Metric
    Well, perfect timing on NY fully re-opening, Harden has plenty of strip club time available again.

CP3 story is confusing as fuck right now. Read articles from 2 major sites today, 1 said he was vaxxed, 1 said he wasn't. wtf.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Well, perfect timing on NY fully re-opening, Harden has plenty of strip club time available again.

CP3 story is confusing as fuck right now. Read articles from 2 major sites today, 1 said he was vaxxed, 1 said he wasn't. wtf.
    One thing that also isn't being discussed much is that many of these pro teams are giving the Johnson & Johnson shot, which has a much lower efficacy rate than Pfizer/Moderna.

On the surface, it makes sense -- it's one shot instead of two, you get to fully vaccinated status faster, and healthy youngish athletes aren't likely to have bad COVID symptoms anyway. It's far more important for older guys like me to have the best vaccine available, than for pro athletes.

However, this might also be the reason why some athletes are getting COVID despite being vaccinated, which of course is disruptive to the league, and can completely fuck up important situations like the playoffs.

The lack of serious COVID danger is also why some athletes simply won't take the vaccine. If you're 25, in great shape, and healthy, it's not unreasonable to fear the vaccine more than COVID itself. In fact, I don't even cast judgment upon young people who are refusing the vaccine, as it's actually a reasonable decision to forego it. At my age, not so much.

Load Metric
    LOL Brooklyn not finishing them off. Lost semi big on this game.

Milwaukee able to overcome disastrous play calling by Bud throughout.

The Clippers and Bucks both gutting out huge games is incredible

Load Metric
    Sixers, oof. So glad this trash team is gone.

Now will be selling on Ben Simmons at the absolute nadir of his value. Can still be a really important player on a winning team but Philly will get peanuts in return.

CJ McCollum + player feels fair.

Load Metric

Now will be selling on Ben Simmons at the absolute nadir of his value. Can still be a really important player on a winning team but Philly will get peanuts in return.

If I were the Blazers I'd have been on the phone already offering a 1-for-1 CJ for Simmons

Gold
    Load Metric

If I were the Blazers I'd have been on the phone already offering a 1-for-1 CJ for Simmons
    Do you think that is a good trade for Philly? Having CJ at the end of tight games could theoretically be a plus, as he wouldn't be scared of the moment like everyone else on Philly except Embiid, but does he offer enough for all the rest of the time?
    Last edited by Kalam; 06-21-2021 at 05:40 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Do you think that is a good trade for Philly? Having CJ at the end of tight games could theoretically be a plus, as he wouldn't be scared of the moment like everyone else on Philly except Embiid, but does he offer enough for all the rest of the time?
    I think it is about as close to a perfect trade as possible now. They each bring their own faults with them, but their positives are what each team desperately needs. Now, in normal times, Simmons would be worth more, as his lack of shooting can hypothetically be fixed. You can try to make CJ better on D, but you can't teach size.

After this series though, I think 1 for 1 makes sense, as Simmons perceived value is probably lower than it should be. If I'm the blazers though, I'd have no issue throwing in a pick as well.

Imagine the PnR game with Dame and Simmons. Think Steph and Draymond.

Thread Information