Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Report: Luka Doncic dislikes Mavericks de-facto co-general manager, Haralabos Voulgaris

Harolobob
    Read that yesterday. Really bad news for him. He’s certainly a very confident guy who could annoy a young primadonna athlete. My gut feeling was that it felt like a story planted by Donnie Nelson Jr. He’s old NBA nepotism at its finest and I’m sure there is some truth to it, but I bet he is threatened and not helping the situation and making a power play.

Load Metric
    Report: Luka Doncic dislikes Mavericks de-facto co-general manager, Haralabos Voulgaris

Harolobob
    https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1404487874695806982

Mark Cuban said its all BS lol yesterday....

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I legit think Paul is one of the most underrated players of all-time. Look at those garbage teams in New Orleans he carried to the playoffs. He turned David West into a 2x all-star, because he had no one better to feed there.

His work in OKC last year might have topped that.

Now this year how pretty much swapping out Rubio for him turned the Suns from a 9 seed to a 2 seed. Crowder helped as well, but most of that is on CP3.

Point God.
    He's just incredible, and DeAndre Ayton looks like a top 5 center.

Grew up in Y league with Chris Paul, he was always the best player but there were a couple of other guys who were considered the true local prospects - one of whom got recruited by North Carolina but never played. Unlike now, Chris was well liked by everyone.

Literally no one thought he would become an NBA star.
    Assume you’re referring to Reyshawn Terry at Reynolds? He definitely played at UNC; was a 2 year starter. Was a 2nd round NBA draft pick but ended up in Europe.

Paul was definitely a late bloomer. It’s true Terry was considered the better prospect until Paul blew up his senior year. But Paul ended up being highly ranked after that senior season.

https://247sports.com/Season/2003-Ba...oup=HighSchool

I watched him play against 3 time defending state champ Reynolds in the playoffs and he was absolutely unstoppable. He did whatever he wanted that game and dropped like 50 points. I saw Reynolds play Mt St Mary’s and Lebron that year too. Seeing Lebron in person in high school you could tell he was for real. Man those were the golden years for youth basketball in the triad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Harolobob
    https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1404487874695806982

Mark Cuban said its all BS lol yesterday....
    Betting there's some merit to it, but it won't matter unless Luka gives an ultimatum.

I used to love Haralabos on the BS podcast as he's smart as hell and gave zero fucks about sugar coating any criticism toward players, coaches, front offices etc. whereas most in the media all soften their criticism in order to keep relationships.

Being less likable than Druff has likely rankled his colleagues and the players alike. Smart aspy guys are often lacking in basic social acumen. If he has been the shadow GM, then well done; that team maximized its talent (minus Porzingis obv) and has maximized Luka's strengths in clever ways.

Comments

garrett: lmfao superb... "Smart aspy guys are often lacking in basic social acumen"
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    You think Bob is on the spectrum? Never occurred to me.

I thought he was just cocky and that approach has worked immaculately his whole life. Given his background in gambling and poker social skills were never required or refined. In fact, exercising commonly accepted social skills would have made him awkward in those circles

Load Metric
    You think Bob is on the spectrum? Never occurred to me.

I thought he was just cocky and that approach has worked immaculately his whole life. Given his background in gambling and poker social skills were never required or refined. In fact, exercising commonly accepted social skills would have made him awkward in those circles
    I don't know, but seems like has made no friends within the Mavs organization beyond Cuban. The Luka anecdote about the laptop seems like thin reporting, but it shouldn't be hard to get some 20 year old to like you, especially if the work you're doing with lineups in translating to winning games.

You don't have to be chummy with colleagues to be successful but you can't be such a dick that people take shots at you in the media, earned or not.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    bob’s contract expires this summer

this was someone from within the org that really doesn’t want him back

kind of a bitch move tbh, but when you’re dealing with an eccentric billionaire boss like Cuban you gotta make these moves

Comments

gut: yes
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    bob’s contract expires this summer

this was someone from within the org that really doesn’t want him back

kind of a bitch move tbh, but when you’re dealing with an eccentric billionaire boss like Cuban you gotta make these moves

That was my take on this as well. The "good ole boys" dont take kindly to the nerdy guy who got there by being a pro gambling guy and podcast guest.

Basically a quasi-parallel to MLB last 20 years with the quants vs. the scouts.

Load Metric
    Kevin Durant my god

Comments

Kalam: Yep. Great game.

Load Metric
    The issue's crux is found.

The Luka anecdote about the laptop seems like thin reporting, but it shouldn't be hard to get some 20 year old to like you, especially if the work you're doing with lineups in translating to winning games.
    Consider that this is a 22 yr old who has been better at basketball than all the adults around him, while playing professionally, since 2015, when he was just getting to be Driver's License age in most US states. You don't just TELL Luka anything. You gotta convince him of shit. Bob's likely a teller, not a convincer.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Chris Paul in Covid protocol and out indefinitely. Wtf?

SloppyJoe tell your boy to quit being an anti-vaxxer. I guess it’s possible he got vaccinated though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

SloppyJoe tell your boy to quit being an anti-vaxxer. I guess it’s possible he got vaccinated though.
    Brutal morning of NBA news, hoping Kawhi isn't out long term also. Seeing the Jazz make the finals is an outcome no one wants outside of Team Retard mormons.

If CP3 wasnt vaccinated then 100% on him for being retarded. Pretty gutting as a neutral, that Suns team has been fun as hell.

Lot of stuff out there with baseball players/football players not getting vaxxed. LOL America.

Have to imagine he's laid up with it bad; the league would definitely ignore an exposure at this point.

Load Metric
    Unreal with Chris Paul. If he wasn’t vaccinated, then I can’t call this bad luck, but fuck this looked like his year. Hopefully it’s quick and he can get back. Kawhi also. Truly fucked news and post season.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

Brutal morning of NBA news, hoping Kawhi isn't out long term also. Seeing the Jazz make the finals is an outcome no one wants outside of Team Retard mormons.

If CP3 wasnt vaccinated then 100% on him for being retarded. Pretty gutting as a neutral, that Suns team has been fun as hell.

Lot of stuff out there with baseball players/football players not getting vaxxed. LOL America.

Have to imagine he's laid up with it bad; the league would definitely ignore an exposure at this point.
    Donovan Mitchell has been limping a lot the last couple games. His ankle is definitely not right. And Conley is out indefinitely too. Cameron Payne is playing very well. Suns are still very live against whatever compromised team gets out of the Clippers/Jazz series, even if they are missing Paul for a few games.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: All good points

Gold
    Load Metric
    As far as all the injuries, this is something Bill Simmons has brought up a few times, but I think some of it has to do with how the game is played now.

Now that the game is so perimeter oriented and efficient, there is so many more possessions and much more running/cutting than there used to be, especially for guards/playmakers. Simmons definitely thinks to account for this they need to cut out a bunch of games and spread the games out more.

Load Metric
    According to Jalen, he says Paul was vaccinated and just exposed, so I don’t expect him to miss a game. It’s min 5 days to a possible first game. They’ll clear him imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Harolobob
    Read that yesterday. Really bad news for him. He’s certainly a very confident guy who could annoy a young primadonna athlete. My gut feeling was that it felt like a story planted by Donnie Nelson Jr. He’s old NBA nepotism at its finest and I’m sure there is some truth to it, but I bet he is threatened and not helping the situation and making a power play.
    I guess Harolobob won

Load Metric

I guess Harolobob won

Don Nelson and Rick Carlisle ... do the Celtics still get to collect licensing fees now Nelson is gone?

Celtics running the NBA ain’t such a thing any more, huh? Wonder if Danny Ainge shows up somewhere

Load Metric
    Sidedish Suns should be ok ....

Comments

thesidedish: THESIDEDISH IS GOD

Load Metric

I guess Harolobob won

Lol guess we know who was spouting off to the media.

Thread Information