Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    agree with you guys, dont want to make excuses about the celtics as a celtics fan because with tatum/brown there is zero chance they should be even sniffing 500...

just think they haven't had the chance to get into a rhythm...kemba started off the year hurt, then COVID ripped through the team with tatum missing a handful of games, then smart missed like 6 weeks...i was really excited when they got kemba, but it's looking like the celtics might be headed for another hayward FA contract situation...again they shouldnt be around 500, but they just cant be a contender without a peak kemba...he's 30 so i dont think he's washed or getting to be washed, but it's definitely troubling...

Load Metric
    I think there's legitimately like 6 or 7 teams that can win this year for the first time in forever.

Not going to.write off the Lakers yet BUT it's getting too late. LeBron teams of yesteryear could just blow through shitty East teams but good luck winning three series in the West after this much time off.

I can't believe I'm typing this but actually think I like the Clippers over all in the West right now if had to pick, provided PG is healthy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I think there's legitimately like 6 or 7 teams that can win this year for the first time in forever.

Not going to.write off the Lakers yet BUT it's getting too late. LeBron teams of yesteryear could just blow through shitty East teams but good luck winning three series in the West after this much time off.

I can't believe I'm typing this but actually think I like the Clippers over all in the West right now if had to pick, provided PG is healthy.
    The Clippers will find a way to choke, because they're the Clippers.

Book it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Book it.
    Hard to argue with that, really. I guess I'm more willing to write off the bubble collapse than anyone and not sure why. Weirdly think more highly of Paul George too. Think that signing Rondo was a double win, as they no longer have Lou Williams to depend on too.

It's mostly Kawhi respect, but I just don't see Denver/Utah/Phoenix winning three rounds.

Not betting it, just my guess.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Book it.
    Hard to argue with that, really. I guess I'm more willing to write off the bubble collapse than anyone and not sure why. Weirdly think more highly of Paul George too. Think that signing Rondo was a double win, as they no longer have Lou Williams to depend on too.

It's mostly Kawhi respect, but I just don't see Denver/Utah/Phoenix winning three rounds.

Probably safe to cross Denver off the list with Murray going down. Him and Jimmy Butler were the highlight of last year's playoffs for all non-Lakers fans.

Truly a bummer, as that team seemed to be primed for a deep run with Jokic firing on all cylinders. Think they are still a little dangerous, especially if MPJ takes this opportunity and runs with it, but not having Murray probably takes them out.

Load Metric

Probably safe to cross Denver off the list with Murray going down. Him and Jimmy Butler were the highlight of last year's playoffs for all non-Lakers fans.

Truly a bummer, as that team seemed to be primed for a deep run with Jokic firing on all cylinders. Think they are still a little dangerous, especially if MPJ takes this opportunity and runs with it, but not having Murray probably takes them out.
    That sucks. Jokic has been a joy to watch dishing it everywhere. Truly a unique player and best passing center ever. Not really close.

With the Lakers banged up, you need 4 more breaks as a Blazers fan. I think Portland is probably sixth in west all healthy, but with Murray out, they’re probably fifth in west and sixth or seventh best in the league. Absurd how good west is. You probably wouldn’t want it that way.

That injury certainly dampens the west playoffs. I think I was looking forward to that more than any year previous. I still struggle to take Phoenix seriously. I take Chris Paul seriously, but he just has the worst playoff curse. I can’t believe he has the Suns playing this well. They feel like the team that is probably a few years off, but his sense of urgency raises everyone by a level.

In a vacuum, the Blazers seem fifth now, but Clippers history v Kawhi clutch is story. Miami seems convinced they’re getting him. Seems improbable given his desire to get home, but real people feel confident. I feel Rondo and whether he’s playoff Rondo is huge. They lack playmaking so much for a high level team.

Lakers are going to need to get well in a hurry. Utah is really good, but it’s Utah. It’s feel like Utah luck to draw the Lakers as some play in. Now Murray. You need chips to fall right, but you can see a path if you squint. Playoff Dame is a real thing too. You’d need CJ and Norm to have all time heaters from 3, much like Murray last year in bubble.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

That sucks. Jokic has been a joy to watch dishing it everywhere. Truly a unique player and best passing center ever. Not really close.

With the Lakers banged up, you need 4 more breaks as a Blazers fan. I think Portland is probably sixth in west all healthy, but with Murray out, they’re probably fifth in west and sixth or seventh best in the league. Absurd how good west is. You probably wouldn’t want it that way.

That injury certainly dampens the west playoffs. I think I was looking forward to that more than any year previous. I still struggle to take Phoenix seriously. I take Chris Paul seriously, but he just has the worst playoff curse. I can’t believe he has the Suns playing this well. They feel like the team that is probably a few years off, but his sense of urgency raises everyone by a level.

In a vacuum, the Blazers seem fifth now, but Clippers history v Kawhi clutch is story. Miami seems convinced they’re getting him. Seems improbable given his desire to get home, but real people feel confident. I feel Rondo and whether he’s playoff Rondo is huge. They lack playmaking so much for a high level team.

Lakers are going to need to get well in a hurry. Utah is really good, but it’s Utah. It’s feel like Utah luck to draw the Lakers as some play in. Now Murray. You need chips to fall right, but you can see a path if you squint. Playoff Dame is a real thing too. You’d need CJ and Norm to have all time heaters from 3, much like Murray last year in bubble.
    Portland sucks, can't beat good teams.

Teams will just maul Lillard like Miami just did.

If Lillard goes nuclear or they run into a depleted team they could nick a round but are otherwise dead in the water.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Aldridge abruptly retired.

He had an irregular heartbeat on Saturday, and decided he was done.

San Antonio was the beginning of the end for him. Never really fit in there, never got along with Popovich. Played 5 games with the Nets, and now he's gone.

Load Metric
    Aldridge abruptly retired.

He had an irregular heartbeat on Saturday, and decided he was done.

San Antonio was the beginning of the end for him. Never really fit in there, never got along with Popovich. Played 5 games with the Nets, and now he's gone.
    His game just didn't really fit in with the modern NBA. His deficiencies were masked better in Portland because he always had an all-pro guard and usually a tough/good defense/rim protector center with him.

If you could swap the eras of their careers, Lamarcus Aldridge and Derrick Coleman would have been consistent all-pros each. Instead they both wind up in the "Hall of Very Good."

Load Metric
    What the hell happened to Stan Van Gundy? I laughed and agreed with his comments regarding Westbrook hitting bank shots the other night, and hate RWB’s game, but he’s a worse coach than Westbrook is a player. Trying to pinpoint when the 3 point revolution took over is an argument, but that year Orlando beat Cleveland with Hedo and Rashard standing in the corners raining 3s while the Cavs tried to stop Howard was certainly one of the early points where you saw its impact. He seemed to be at forefront of something, but now I wonder if he simply got lucky as he’s been horrible since.

Detroit was one thing. He did a horrible job, but this New Orleans thing. Baffling. Losing to the Wizards and other shitty teams regularly. That Adams signing, which might have been Griffin, was one of the worst fits ever. Still, you have this monster who shoots 60% most nights and a decent supporting cast. I don’t expect him to be top 4 in the west, but their defense is atrocious and being fringe playin team with that team seems unforgivable. From the top down, they’ve fucked that situation up something fierce.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What the hell happened to Stan Van Gundy? I laughed and agreed with his comments regarding Westbrook hitting bank shots the other night, and hate RWB’s game, but he’s a worse coach than Westbrook is a player. Trying to pinpoint when the 3 point revolution took over is an argument, but that year Orlando beat Cleveland with Hedo and Rashard standing in the corners raining 3s while the Cavs tried to stop Howard was certainly one of the early points where you saw its impact. He seemed to be at forefront of something, but now I wonder if he simply got lucky as he’s been horrible since.

Detroit was one thing. He did a horrible job, but this New Orleans thing. Baffling. Losing to the Wizards and other shitty teams regularly. That Adams signing, which might have been Griffin, was one of the worst fits ever. Still, you have this monster who shoots 60% most nights and a decent supporting cast. I don’t expect him to be top 4 in the west, but their defense is atrocious and being fringe playin team with that team seems unforgivable. From the top down, they’ve fucked that situation up something fierce.
    With all his flaws, I love Russell Westbrook. Since the allstar break, he's probably been the best player in the NBA. The Wizards record is worse than they are. At the beginning of the year, Russ was coming off injury and on a minutes restriction.

List of teams they've beat is year:

Brooklyn
    Denver twice
    Lakers
    Clippers
    Utah twice
    Portland

Paul George, Bradley Beal, Kevin Durant and many others have all had their best year in the NBA playing with Russ. Harden scored 35 a game playing beside him last year, this year Beal will win the scoring title. His intensity brings people's games to the next level and he doesn't get credit for that. Good players with potential: Oladipo, Schroder and Grant all got significantly better after playing with Russ. Lower end role players get significantly worst when they don't play with Russ anymore because they just don't get the same looks they did before.

Load Metric

Agreed, NO's offseason was completely baffling to me. They were a team I was scared of as last season ended. As soon as they made that Jrue trade, that feeling went away. Still shudder when remembering how well he bottled up Dame in that playoff series a few years ago. If losing Jrue was like spilling your drink, taking Bledsoe back and giving him 30 minutes a night is the equivalent of then smashing the empty glass over your own head.

Adams really made no sense. IIRC, those trades were lumped together into one big trade. It really seemed like NO was just a facilitator to help OKC tank and Milwaukee get better. Like, I think Griffin was just drunk and said yes to everything.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kyrie gets fined for "repeatedly refusing to talk to the media".

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...a-access-rules

What a head case.

This guy really is a cancer wherever he goes.

Load Metric
    Kyrie gets fined for "repeatedly refusing to talk to the media".

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...a-access-rules

What a head case.

This guy really is a cancer wherever he goes.
    He's one that really hits differently in person; they all do to an extent but there's a few guys outside of the top 10 like Kyrie, Westbrook and recent Isaiah Thomas that just look amazing live.

A random one is Karl Anthony Towns. Actually began hating him from seeing him live because the talent is massive but he's lazy as fuck.

Load Metric
    if the wizards can stay healthy, the ECF is within reach.

Silver
    Load Metric

PLOPPY TAKE?

Silver
    Load Metric
    lets just be realistic and say the timberwolves are the best team in the whole league right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post
    lets just be realistic and say the timberwolves are the best team in the whole league right now
    I hope they play their little hearts out for these last 6 games as they are one game worse than Cavs.

Edwards is fun. He’s not good yet, but he’s fun. It certainly appears he might be the real deal eventually assuming he works. Unreal physical gifts.

Load Metric
    Legitimately have no feel for the playoffs for the first time in forever. I do rescind my Clippers optimism though lol.

I don't like anyone beating the Lakers in the west if LeBron and AD are, like, 90%. LeBron's not going to have the luxury of tuning back up against Eastern conference weaklings, but still hard to imagine any team beating them 4 times.

Pretty much the same in the East with the Nets, although all 3 need to be firing.

Would be disappointing if it's Nets-Lakers only because neither team has been healthy all year.

Load Metric
    Legitimately have no feel for the playoffs for the first time in forever. I do rescind my Clippers optimism though lol.

I don't like anyone beating the Lakers in the west if LeBron and AD are, like, 90%. LeBron's not going to have the luxury of tuning back up against Eastern conference weaklings, but still hard to imagine any team beating them 4 times.

Pretty much the same in the East with the Nets, although all 3 need to be firing.

Would be disappointing if it's Nets-Lakers only because neither team has been healthy all year.
    If Murray hadn't gone down I thought Nugs had a chance.

I'm obv hoping for Blazers (lol), but after that just want something different. Suns-Bucks would be fun. Sub Sixers in for Bucks could also be fun. Jazz just can never be fun, sorry Utah.

Thread Information