Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Legitimately have no feel for the playoffs for the first time in forever. I do rescind my Clippers optimism though lol.

I don't like anyone beating the Lakers in the west if LeBron and AD are, like, 90%. LeBron's not going to have the luxury of tuning back up against Eastern conference weaklings, but still hard to imagine any team beating them 4 times.

Pretty much the same in the East with the Nets, although all 3 need to be firing.

Would be disappointing if it's Nets-Lakers only because neither team has been healthy all year.
    I’m in same boat. It’s probably Lakers if close to 100%. I think the Nets might not even NEED all 3 if Harden is healthy. He seems to make either work. If he was out, then I’m less sure. In general, almost nothing will surprise me.

It’s weird where baseball seems to be back to normal and last year was the weird year, whereas this is the weird year in the NBA coming back so soon and no bubble. So many injuries and hardly anyone outside Jokic playing most games. I feel like I have no idea of the relative health or chemistry of many of these teams.

Load Metric
    Kyrie is just the gift that keeps on giving. Just exactly what you want to hear out of the guy you’re paying $34 million per year to play basketball as the playoffs start.

“The Brooklyn Nets are about to begin their postseason pursuit of an NBA championship, but Kyrie Irving says he's currently focused on issues other than basketball.

Irving declined to answer game-related questions Saturday after Brooklyn's 105-91 victory over the Chicago Bulls and made multiple references to the ongoing violence between Israel and Palestine.

"I'm not going to lie to you guys, a lot of stuff is going on in this world, and basketball is just not the most important thing to me right now," Irving said. "There's a lot of things going on overseas. All our people are still in bondage across the world, and there's a lot of dehumanization going on.”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Kyrie is just the gift that keeps on giving. Just exactly what you want to hear out of the guy you’re paying $34 million per year to play basketball as the playoffs start.

“The Brooklyn Nets are about to begin their postseason pursuit of an NBA championship, but Kyrie Irving says he's currently focused on issues other than basketball.

Irving declined to answer game-related questions Saturday after Brooklyn's 105-91 victory over the Chicago Bulls and made multiple references to the ongoing violence between Israel and Palestine.

"I'm not going to lie to you guys, a lot of stuff is going on in this world, and basketball is just not the most important thing to me right now," Irving said. "There's a lot of things going on overseas. All our people are still in bondage across the world, and there's a lot of dehumanization going on.”
    I feel like Kyrie would benefit greatly from micro-dosing LSD.

The NBA has kind of dug their own grave with this player empowerment. Kyrie might just be the tip of an incoming iceberg. Next will be Cade Cunningham taking a personal leave to help migrants at the border or something.

NFL coaches must laugh at this, and make cuck jokes about NBA coaches.
    Last edited by gut; 05-16-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Uncle Drew is hilarious and this could help or it could turn him full blown schizo..

You heard it here first Clippers in 6 over Sixers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post

Uncle Drew is hilarious and this could help or it could turn him full blown schizo..

You heard it here first Clippers in 6 over Sixers.
    Damn! You caught me doing my patented 1 sentence post, then I edit and add more.

Bronze
    Load Metric

The NBA has kind of dug their own grave with this player empowerment. Kyrie might just be the tip of an incoming iceberg. Next will be Cade Cunningham taking a personal leave to help migrants at the border or something.

NFL coaches must laugh at this, and make cuck jokes about NBA coaches.
    Feels like a few every generation that are bipolar. In the 90s it was Chris Jackson Mahmood Abdul Rauf with the National Anthem and weird tick, he could get buckets. The NBA coaches and players don't really care what Bill Belichik and Ron Rivera think with their blah football is life philosophy. In their mind what they did with the help of the WNBA in Atlanta Georgia and the push to get people to vote changed the course of our country. I'm not saying it's right or true just an observation. NBA is a very popular sport WorldWide and isn't going anywhere with their opinions so we shall see how it plays out.

Quick hijack what happened to plop? I made a nice chunk on political bets with his help.. Theres some here in East County SD that still think Trump is Prez

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Lets not forget Magic had Paul Westhead fired after he won a ship and MJ wasn't playing unless Phil was coach. The Superstars have been running the league for decades.

Load Metric
    The Nets rolled the dice with Kyrie. They knew precisely what they were getting. If there was any doubt the average Celtics fan with a Twitter account coulda filled in the gaps.

success in the playoffs takes grit and toughness in addition to the talent that gets you into the tournament.

I don’t hate Kyrie. I just think he’s mentally ill. There’s a lot of that in the NBA. Commish Silver has been very candid about it. I like Silver. Good guy I think.

Kyrie & Harden. Wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole but it’ll be fun to follow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The Nets rolled the dice with Kyrie. They knew precisely what they were getting. If there was any doubt the average Celtics fan with a Twitter account coulda filled in the gaps.

success in the playoffs takes grit and toughness in addition to the talent that gets you into the tournament.

I don’t hate Kyrie. I just think he’s mentally ill. There’s a lot of that in the NBA. Commish Silver has been very candid about it. I like Silver. Good guy I think.

Kyrie & Harden. Wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole but it’ll be fun to follow.
    I think Harden is the most normal of that big 3. Durant is a strange dude as well.

Load Metric
    All the fans in Phoenix were rooting for Sacramento tonight and then threw up when the Kings just rolled over and played dead against Utah....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    All the fans in Phoenix were rooting for Sacramento tonight and then threw up when the Kings just rolled over and played dead against Utah....
    You will always have Dick and Tom Van Arsdale.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Kyrie is JUST good enough to warrant dealing with the histrionics. I've ebbed and flowed on this but the guy is a fucking force whenever he is locked in.

The Nets are legit devoid of leadership unless you count DeAndre Jordan or something; Kyrie is insane, Durant is a beta cuck and Harden doesn't seem to give much of a fuck.

All of these guys are incredible talents but have always been propped up by other leaders (LeBron, Chris Paul, Draymond Green/Steph Curry, etc).

Look at what happened to the Kyrie Celtics or the Harden Rockets. OKC was young but blew a 3-1 lead.

Will be interesting to see how they respond if they go down 2-1 in a series. I want to fade them but no other team entices me to do so. May sprinkle on the 76ers, think there's value there but them winning three rounds just doesn't seem likely.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Speaking of the Celtics... they are completely irrelevant.

I just stumbled on this. It’s old but it speaks to my belief Tatum gives zero actual shits about winning and simply cares about his game. Sorta like your characterization of Harden, SloppyJoe.

The Celtics Working To Get The Black Mamba Poison Out Of Jayson Tatum's Game Is Music To My Fucking Ears

Brad Stevens is still young but I’m not he can relate to guys like this. He’s screwed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lakers getting beat pretty decisively by the Warriors right now.

Lebron just 1-for-7 in 1H, with 6 points total.

Curry not even doing all that hot, though way better than Lebron.

Comments

shoeshine box: GS Ml +210. 1x

Load Metric
    ESPN is so fucking awful omfg. Why are they talking about golf?? Where the fuck is the analysis? Hannah storm and scott van pelt are the NUT LOW

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can you imagine the embarrassment if the Lakers lose both this and to Memphis, and miss the playoffs, right after winning the NBA Title the year before?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    ESPN is so fucking awful omfg. Why are they talking about golf?? Where the fuck is the analysis? Hannah storm and scott van pelt are the NUT LOW
    How about these obnoxious commercials for themselves while players are shooting free throws? Like seriously WTF?

Comments

Krypt: truly awful

Load Metric
    lakers are not losing this game judging by this Q3 reaction druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    lakers are not losing this game judging by this Q3 reaction druff
    Simpdog got me tangled up with the Lakers. But I don’t have to watch. That’s value, right there.

Load Metric
    lebron is truly awful; time to hang em up big guy

Thread Information