Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sounds like the Lakers are still trying to get Buddy. Not gonna even pretend to try and understand how that's possible. Would be hard to believe Pelinka pulled that Russ deal without any other plans. He's not stupid, anyone can see they need shooters.

Load Metric
    No "foundational" player on a championship team (in any sport) has played for 4 different teams in 4 seasons...none of those moves being his choice!

The secret on Russ has been out for awhile, apparently no one told LeBron in the barbershop.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    No "foundational" player on a championship team (in any sport) has played for 4 different teams in 4 seasons...none of those moves being his choice!

The secret on Russ has been out for awhile, apparently no one told LeBron in the barbershop.
    Ya what does that low basketball IQ Lebron guy know?

Also, I think all the Russ trades were his choice, he asked for them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

I was just referring to the fact he was traded every time. You're right, but that doesn't help your argument.

Guess all the rest of the NBA just can't figure out how to play with Russ!

Platinum
    Load Metric

I was just referring to the fact he was traded every time. You're right, but that doesn't help your argument.

Guess all the rest of the NBA just can't figure out how to play with Russ!
    Every superstar he's played with has had their best season with Russ and countless role players, look at Steven Adams now. Russ has literally done everything except win a championship, NBA finals, 7 games in the Western Conference finals against the greatest regular season team ever (they also beat a 60+ win Spurs team that year as heavy dogs). He's just not at the level to lead a team to a championship. But he won't be asked to do that with the Lakers, he's the clear #3. Winning MVP is the worst thing that ever happened to Russ because it made him be judged by that standard. If you're judging him as a leader of a champ team then no chance but judge him as the third best player on a team then holy shit.

If you think that Russ doesn't change his game for his teammates then you haven't watched him play the last few years and you're just going along with the narrative. Beal best season ever, PG13 was in the running for MVP playing with Russ, Harden scored 35 ppg and of course KDs best years. Schroder and Oladipo became far better players from playing with Russ.

All he has left to do is win a championship and I think he'll check his ego at the door and do anything the Lakers ask him to do.

Load Metric
    It's a shakeup, no doubt.

The Lakers suck to watch in the regular season, both LeBron and AD only go like 70% nightly, smart given LBJ's age/miles and AD'S injury history, but boring.

Russ will charge them up, for better or worse. He goes full throttle all the time and I don't think he'll be able to successfully defer.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Lakers got Howard (LOL), Ariza and Ellington. So yeah, washed up bargain basement wings. I guess they are gonna be hoping to get an actual decent player chasing a ring in the buyout market in February.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I haven't looked into it much but I was thinking along the lines of Nick Batum or Trevor Ariza, not sure what Jeff Green's contract looks like but those sort of guys.
    Wojo ain't got shit on me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Lakers got Howard (LOL), Ariza and Ellington. So yeah, washed up bargain basement wings. I guess they are gonna be hoping to get an actual decent player chasing a ring in the buyout market in February.
    Ellington scored 10 ppg last year and shot 42% from three. Perfect fit.

Anyway, I guess we can put to rest the idea that there aren't any vets willing to come play with Lebron anymore for cheap.

Load Metric
    LOL Lakers, disastrous off season so far.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Anyway, I guess we can put to rest the idea that there aren't any vets willing to come play with Lebron anymore for cheap.
    The question was if there was any Danny Green level guys or actual good players willing to come for less with options. This is the definition of washed guys who cant get paid significantly more anywhere else.

Ellington was a vet min guy already the last two years. Ariza is worth a shot, and predictable, but he’s looked really bad the last few. He would have been vet min anywhere. Looked liked he’d retire if he didn’t get this shot.

This has to be the oldest team ever. Ariza v Lebron was a high school battle twenty years ago.

AD and Lebron are great still, and Westbrook is still energy, so they have a shot, but they better have supreme health as this team is fucking old as fuck and these role guys are shit.

Load Metric
    Thankfully the NBA doesn’t really test for anything. These guys don’t even need a BALCO. Half the team could walk into a anti-aging clinic in a plaza and get a legit script for testosterone replacement therapy. I’m being serious.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

The question was if there was any Danny Green level guys or actual good players willing to come for less with options. This is the definition of washed guys who cant get paid significantly more anywhere else.

Ellington was a vet min guy already the last two years. Ariza is worth a shot, and predictable, but he’s looked really bad the last few. He would have been vet min anywhere. Looked liked he’d retire if he didn’t get this shot.

This has to be the oldest team ever. Ariza v Lebron was a high school battle twenty years ago.

AD and Lebron are great still, and Westbrook is still energy, so they have a shot, but they better have supreme health as this team is fucking old as fuck and these role guys are shit.
    All their role players need to do is stand in the corner and shoot wide open 3 pointers, these guys are capable. I also think it wouldn't hurt to call Ray Allen and Reggie Miller, lol. They'll also undoubtedly pickup someone off waivers towards the end of the season that will factor in. And don't you dare forget about Mac.

It really comes down to if AD is healthy or not. If he is then he's first team all NBA and creates all sorts of issues for teams on both ends and covers up alot of the team's shortcomings.

Load Metric
    I’m trying to imagine what it’s like to be Talen Horton-Tucker. On many teams, he’d be the 20 year old with a bunch of other young dudes a few years older.

On this team, he’s legit like a kid and you better hope they love you like their little brother and pick up the tab when they go out for dinner and some club as almost every guy on team has made in the hundreds of millions while you are in year two of a $2 million contract. What does a night out with Lebron and Westbrook cost you on every road trip?

Lot of sitting in hotel rooms with Xbox alone if they aren’t grabbing the tab. They even traded the pick and didn’t get you a friend your own age to play with. Im not feeling bad for a kid who will probably make at least $50 million himself, but he’s gong to need to stay healthy until the next contract to pay off his credit card balance.

Westbrook seems chill and very generous. Never heard a bad word about him as a guy. Bet he carries the kid. Lebron stiffs waiters. He’d stick you with check unless you sign with Klutch and he’d take it out of future earnings.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I’m trying to imagine what it’s like to be Talen Horton-Tucker. On many teams, he’d be the 20 year old with a bunch of other young dudes a few years older.

On this team, he’s legit like a kid and you better hope they love you like their little brother and pick up the tab when they go out for dinner and some club as almost every guy on team has made in the hundreds of millions while you are in year two of a $2 million contract. What does a night out with Lebron and Westbrook cost you on every road trip?

Lot of sitting in hotel rooms with Xbox alone if they aren’t grabbing the tab. They even traded the pick and didn’t get you a friend your own age to play with. Im not feeling bad for a kid who will probably make at least $50 million himself, but he’s gong to need to stay healthy until the next contract to pay off his credit card balance.

Westbrook seems chill and very generous. Never heard a bad word about him as a guy. Bet he carries the kid. Lebron stiffs waiters. He’d stick you with check unless you sign with Klutch and he’d take it out of future earnings.

Gold
    Load Metric

I couldn't even tell you what team he played on last year. When I used to be pretty big into fantasy basketball he was the ultimate trick or treat player. He would go 8-10 from 3 one game and then 2-10 the next 4. And that is all he did. No rebounds, assists, steals, free throws, nothing. So yeah, I don't know how good of a defender he is a this point in his career (I dont remember him being good when he wasn't washed up) but if the job is just stand in the corner and take 3's, then sure, why not?

Load Metric

Great video, never heard of him. Impressive athlete. Was curious if he was street baller or real player? Seems somewhere in between.

Second team all big 12, but three years in college with high point 42% FG percentage from 2. He has some amazing finishes, but can’t be a good one consistently obviously with that %. Has 2 assists as a guard.

Had one decent from 3 year. He’s G league level at best on all other teams. Maybe they’ll need the warm body. Really doubtful though. I’m surprised they invited him with his college career. The tape is great and he’s an incredible athlete, but 15 points on bad shooting and no passing basically never makes an NBA roster unless they’re 7’1.

Gold
    Load Metric

Great video, never heard of him. Impressive athlete. Was curious if he was street baller or real player? Seems somewhere in between.

Second team all big 12, but three years in college with high point 42% FG percentage from 2. He has some amazing finishes, but can’t be a good one consistently obviously with that %. Has 2 assists as a guard.

Had one decent from 3 year. He’s G league level at best on all other teams. Maybe they’ll need the warm body. Really doubtful though. I’m surprised they invited him with his college career. The tape is great and he’s an incredible athlete, but 15 points on bad shooting and no passing basically never makes an NBA roster unless they’re 7’1.
    Someone has to play in summer league and pre season. Like you said, most of the players are 30+. Not exactly summer league material.

Load Metric
    Thankfully the NBA doesn’t really test for anything. These guys don’t even need a BALCO. Half the team could walk into a anti-aging clinic in a plaza and get a legit script for testosterone replacement therapy. I’m being serious.
    Yeah its always eyebrow raising when a young player like John Collins or DeAndre Ayton tests dirty, almost as if they were just careless with the cycling.

It also doesn't matter in basketball, wasn't a peep about Ayton missing 25 games the year prior.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Yeah its always eyebrow raising when a young player like John Collins or DeAndre Ayton tests dirty, almost as if they were just careless with the cycling.

It also doesn't matter in basketball, wasn't a peep about Ayton missing 25 games the year prior.
    Yeah, and neither of them tested for an actual steroid.

Both were on super young teams. I was wondering if they didn’t know the system and some vet wasn’t around to clue them in on shit. I was surprised league even acknowledged it, but must have figured they have to make some gesture every few years.

Thread Information