Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 253

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

  1. #201
    All year I hedged on whether this Suns team was for real. I think Paul is an all timer, but pgís are limited to impact in playoffs, but damn, heís got the kids playing real basketball. Iíve always loved how he controls pace. Just great feel.

    For the first time since maybe 2004, I think the NBA actually has a new best player in the world, and itís Jokic imo, but his roster canít hang with this beast in Phoenix and Ayton has really become super good where heís not just a project any more and playing within himself. Paul might be a great coach some day of he has any desire

  2. #202
    lakers shit on this team healthy but were gonna solace it up that we lost to the suns playing like the 01 lakers

  3. #203
    suns may never lose another game

  4. #204
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    All year I hedged on whether this Suns team was for real. I think Paul is an all timer, but pgís are limited to impact in playoffs, but damn, heís got the kids playing real basketball. Iíve always loved how he controls pace. Just great feel.

    For the first time since maybe 2004, I think the NBA actually has a new best player in the world, and itís Jokic imo, but his roster canít hang with this beast in Phoenix and Ayton has really become super good where heís not just a project any more and playing within himself. Paul might be a great coach some day of he has any desire
    I legit think Paul is one of the most underrated players of all-time. Look at those garbage teams in New Orleans he carried to the playoffs. He turned David West into a 2x all-star, because he had no one better to feed there.

    His work in OKC last year might have topped that.

    Now this year how pretty much swapping out Rubio for him turned the Suns from a 9 seed to a 2 seed. Crowder helped as well, but most of that is on CP3.

    Point God.

     
    Comments
      
      BCR: He truly is. Might be as good as anyone can be at 6’1.

  5. #205
    IM GONNA GET RICH AF

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    All year I hedged on whether this Suns team was for real. I think Paul is an all timer, but pgís are limited to impact in playoffs, but damn, heís got the kids playing real basketball. Iíve always loved how he controls pace. Just great feel.

    For the first time since maybe 2004, I think the NBA actually has a new best player in the world, and itís Jokic imo, but his roster canít hang with this beast in Phoenix and Ayton has really become super good where heís not just a project any more and playing within himself. Paul might be a great coach some day of he has any desire
    I legit think Paul is one of the most underrated players of all-time. Look at those garbage teams in New Orleans he carried to the playoffs. He turned David West into a 2x all-star, because he had no one better to feed there.

    His work in OKC last year might have topped that.

    Now this year how pretty much swapping out Rubio for him turned the Suns from a 9 seed to a 2 seed. Crowder helped as well, but most of that is on CP3.

    Point God.
    He's just incredible, and DeAndre Ayton looks like a top 5 center.

    Grew up in Y league with Chris Paul, he was always the best player but there were a couple of other guys who were considered the true local prospects - one of whom got recruited by North Carolina but never played. Unlike now, Chris was well liked by everyone.

    Literally no one thought he would become an NBA star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  7. #207
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

    I legit think Paul is one of the most underrated players of all-time. Look at those garbage teams in New Orleans he carried to the playoffs. He turned David West into a 2x all-star, because he had no one better to feed there.

    His work in OKC last year might have topped that.

    Now this year how pretty much swapping out Rubio for him turned the Suns from a 9 seed to a 2 seed. Crowder helped as well, but most of that is on CP3.

    Point God.
    He's just incredible, and DeAndre Ayton looks like a top 5 center.

    Grew up in Y league with Chris Paul, he was always the best player but there were a couple of other guys who were considered the true local prospects - one of whom got recruited by North Carolina but never played. Unlike now, Chris was well liked by everyone.

    Literally no one thought he would become an NBA star.
    Pre CP3: Wow Lolz Sunz, coulda had Luka or Trae dummies

    Now: Damn he's dropping playoff double-doubles and holding his own defensively vs the MVP. SHOULD be alive longer in the postseason than Luka and Trae.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    He's just incredible, and DeAndre Ayton looks like a top 5 center.

    Grew up in Y league with Chris Paul, he was always the best player but there were a couple of other guys who were considered the true local prospects - one of whom got recruited by North Carolina but never played. Unlike now, Chris was well liked by everyone.

    Literally no one thought he would become an NBA star.
    Pre CP3: Wow Lolz Sunz, coulda had Luka or Trae dummies

    Now: Damn he's dropping playoff double-doubles and holding his own defensively vs the MVP. SHOULD be alive longer in the postseason than Luka and Trae.
    Denver is carrying injuries and MPJ is fucked up too but man are they being worked. Makes owning Portland look even worse.

    Think Phoenix takes care of them in 5. It will be a grater series against whomever emerges from the other series. I still think the finals will be competitive (penciling Brooklyn in).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  9. #209
    cuban better get his head outta his ass and get a team around luka...the fact that he singlehandedly almost drug that dogshit team past the clippers is amazing...

    the guy who is the GM of the hawks does not get enough credit for the way he built that team around trae...i think by analytical metrics trae is the worst or at best bottom 5 in defense at the PG position...so they traded for capela to fill in for his lack of defense...and capela is a solid enough offensive player to boot...then he went out and got bogdan and gallo...yeah he probably overpaid a little, but fuck nobody is coming to atlanta on a market deal...so now they have 2 elite shooters to go along with trae, capela and collins who is another underrated guy who is a stretch 4...add in heurter who is a good shooter and has the potential to be an elite shooter and you got a nice team for today's NBA...they're probably a guy short, but they're gonna be a tough out...

  10. #210
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    cuban better get his head outta his ass and get a team around luka...the fact that he singlehandedly almost drug that dogshit team past the clippers is amazing...

    the guy who is the GM of the hawks does not get enough credit for the way he built that team around trae...i think by analytical metrics trae is the worst or at best bottom 5 in defense at the PG position...so they traded for capela to fill in for his lack of defense...and capela is a solid enough offensive player to boot...then he went out and got bogdan and gallo...yeah he probably overpaid a little, but fuck nobody is coming to atlanta on a market deal...so now they have 2 elite shooters to go along with trae, capela and collins who is another underrated guy who is a stretch 4...add in heurter who is a good shooter and has the potential to be an elite shooter and you got a nice team for today's NBA...they're probably a guy short, but they're gonna be a tough out...
    Heard they got the best chicken wings tho....

  11. #211
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    He's just incredible, and DeAndre Ayton looks like a top 5 center.

    Grew up in Y league with Chris Paul, he was always the best player but there were a couple of other guys who were considered the true local prospects - one of whom got recruited by North Carolina but never played. Unlike now, Chris was well liked by everyone.

    Literally no one thought he would become an NBA star.
    Pre CP3: Wow Lolz Sunz, coulda had Luka or Trae dummies

    Now: Damn he's dropping playoff double-doubles and holding his own defensively vs the MVP. SHOULD be alive longer in the postseason than Luka and Trae.
    I should probably clarify on this one, if I'm doing that draft over again, I'm taking Luka #1 no doubt.

    But maybe Ayton at 2 over Trae tbh.

    Actually, in my opinion, SGA at 2. Then argue over Trae, Ayton, or MPJr at 3.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

    Pre CP3: Wow Lolz Sunz, coulda had Luka or Trae dummies

    Now: Damn he's dropping playoff double-doubles and holding his own defensively vs the MVP. SHOULD be alive longer in the postseason than Luka and Trae.
    I should probably clarify on this one, if I'm doing that draft over again, I'm taking Luka #1 no doubt.

    But maybe Ayton at 2 over Trae tbh.

    Actually, in my opinion, SGA at 2. Then argue over Trae, Ayton, or MPJr at 3.
    Luka, Trae, Ayton, MPJ, SGA.

    Quite the draft actually. I love SGA but watched very little OKC this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    I AM THE SITES NBA SHARP


    Bet $ 200.00 to win $ 7,000.00Result: Pending
    2021 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Philadelphia 76ers06/15/21 20:00 EDT+3500

    Bet $ 339.49 to win $ 10,184.70Result: Pending
    2021 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Philadelphia 76ers06/15/21 20:00 EDT+3000


    Bet $ 100.00 to win $ 10,000.00Result: Pending
    2021 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Phoenix Suns06/15/21 20:00 EDT+10000


    Bet $ 50.00 to win $ 5,000.00Result: Pending
    2021 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Phoenix Suns06/15/21 20:00 EDT+10000


    need kyrie or durant to get hurt obv

    WELL WELL WELL


    Bet $ 200.00 to win $ 10,000.00Result: Pending
    2021 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Phoenix Suns06/15/21 20:00 EDT+5000

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: That’s awesome.

  14. #214
    I remember that Giannis is the one who tore Porzingis's ACL in a similar spot when he got into Porzingis's landing space on a dunk and caused a real awkward landing. I admit I dont watch much Bucks, so could be he isn't a dirty player at all and these 2 anecdotes are just random, but maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

    I do know the media gave him a complete pass with the Porzingis injury, as they seem to be with this Kyrie injury too. I also remember the media not caring much when he sucker punched Dunleavy in a game a long time ago. Maybe there is nothing there, but the media definitely seems to enjoy his rags to riches immigrant story and isn't too interested in anything dulling the varnish.

  15. #215
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I remember that Giannis is the one who tore Porzingis's ACL in a similar spot when he got into Porzingis's landing space on a dunk and caused a real awkward landing. I admit I dont watch much Bucks, so could be he isn't a dirty player at all and these 2 anecdotes are just random, but maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

    I do know the media gave him a complete pass with the Porzingis injury, as they seem to be with this Kyrie injury too. I also remember the media not caring much when he sucker punched Dunleavy in a game a long time ago. Maybe there is nothing there, but the media definitely seems to enjoy his rags to riches immigrant story and isn't too interested in anything dulling the varnish.

    Lol what?

    Complete coincidence. You have two people made of almost the same level of glass as Glass (AD) himself is. Nothing you can do about that. Greek freak was just getting position.

    Watch the slo-mo from today. Freak did slide underneath him, but he was looking up for the rebound the whole time. Get in front (box-out to an extent, although that is kinda gone from modern NBA) and grab the board.

  16. #216
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I remember that Giannis is the one who tore Porzingis's ACL in a similar spot when he got into Porzingis's landing space on a dunk and caused a real awkward landing. I admit I dont watch much
    FYP

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I remember that Giannis is the one who tore Porzingis's ACL in a similar spot when he got into Porzingis's landing space on a dunk and caused a real awkward landing. I admit I dont watch much Bucks, so could be he isn't a dirty player at all and these 2 anecdotes are just random, but maybe where there is smoke there is fire.

    I do know the media gave him a complete pass with the Porzingis injury, as they seem to be with this Kyrie injury too. I also remember the media not caring much when he sucker punched Dunleavy in a game a long time ago. Maybe there is nothing there, but the media definitely seems to enjoy his rags to riches immigrant story and isn't too interested in anything dulling the varnish.

    Lol what?

    Complete coincidence. You have two people made of almost the same level of glass as Glass (AD) himself is. Nothing you can do about that. Greek freak was just getting position.

    Watch the slo-mo from today. Freak did slide underneath him, but he was looking up for the rebound the whole time. Get in front (box-out to an extent, although that is kinda gone from modern NBA) and grab the board.
    Yeah, I canít see anything dirty about it at all. More just Kyrie doing his mid air contortion thing and jumping kind of sideways. It looked like he leapt from corner of circle and came down closer to mid circle as he was avoiding the first defender that passed by as Giannis was closing. Itís what makes him a great finisher, but he just got unlucky this time. Just a weird play. Even the landing is strange for anyone besides Kyrie.

  18. #218
    Bob Costas predicts the next 20+ years of the NBA. Chills


     
    Comments
      
      gut: still a push-off offensive foul on Jordan there
      
      BCR: Nailed that one

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    cuban better get his head outta his ass and get a team around luka...the fact that he singlehandedly almost drug that dogshit team past the clippers is amazing...

    the guy who is the GM of the hawks does not get enough credit for the way he built that team around trae...i think by analytical metrics trae is the worst or at best bottom 5 in defense at the PG position...so they traded for capela to fill in for his lack of defense...and capela is a solid enough offensive player to boot...then he went out and got bogdan and gallo...yeah he probably overpaid a little, but fuck nobody is coming to atlanta on a market deal...so now they have 2 elite shooters to go along with trae, capela and collins who is another underrated guy who is a stretch 4...add in heurter who is a good shooter and has the potential to be an elite shooter and you got a nice team for today's NBA...they're probably a guy short, but they're gonna be a tough out...
    Heard they got the best chicken wings tho....
    yeah but that's cancelled out by the gold club shutting down...

  20. #220
    Report: Luka Doncic dislikes Mavericks de-facto co-general manager, Haralabos Voulgaris

    Harolobob

     
    Comments
      
      Sheesfaced:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-14-2021, 12:28 AM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 06-07-2019, 08:50 PM
  3. ***OFFICIAL 17-18 NBA THREAD***
    By gut in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
  4. ***OFFICIAL NBA DRAFT THREAD***
    By GambleBotsChafedPenis in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM