Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 448

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

  1. #421
    Bronze Elmo's Avatar
    Reputation
    703
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    US
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Also, all these off-season NBA work-out videos are just silly. Find the best 30 second clip and upload.

    Case-in-point, every Ben Simmons video the last 3 years showing him shooting threes in an empty gym.
    Ben Simmons is a complete fraud. He does not have the mental toughness or even the heart to do what it is to reach the potential with his career. Just imagine if this guy had some type of jumpshot and was willing to take it consistently. The Sixers would have won the title in a year where the East was so wide open. I hate the social media posts with him shooting jumpers and 3s on a practice court and when it really matters, all a sudden he can’t do it.

    Look at Embiid’s career compared to Simmons. Embiid wasn’t the complete big man that one sees now when he left Kansas. He developed his craft and trade over the past several years to where he’s in the top 5 of the best NBA players. Now…what’s Ben doing? Absolutely nothing. Buying mansions. Having Twitter disputes. Smh…ridiculous. Dude got his contract and hasn’t put in the blood, sweat and tears in the right places because of his persona. Really sad and disappointing.

    The Sixers better trade him.

  2. #422
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    585
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Also, all these off-season NBA work-out videos are just silly. Find the best 30 second clip and upload.

    Case-in-point, every Ben Simmons video the last 3 years showing him shooting threes in an empty gym.
    Ben Simmons is a complete fraud. He does not have the mental toughness or even the heart to do what it is to reach the potential with his career. Just imagine if this guy had some type of jumpshot and was willing to take it consistently. The Sixers would have won the title in a year where the East was so wide open. I hate the social media posts with him shooting jumpers and 3s on a practice court and when it really matters, all a sudden he can’t do it.

    Look at Embiid’s career compared to Simmons. Embiid wasn’t the complete big man that one sees now when he left Kansas. He developed his craft and trade over the past several years to where he’s in the top 5 of the best NBA players. Now…what’s Ben doing? Absolutely nothing. Buying mansions. Having Twitter disputes. Smh…ridiculous. Dude got his contract and hasn’t put in the blood, sweat and tears in the right places because of his persona. Really sad and disappointing.

    The Sixers better trade him.
    Ya man, I'ma Simmons fan, said it earlier in this thread.....and would love to see a trade that goes CJ + for Simmons. I think Dame could whip him into shape. Doubt it will happen.

  3. #423
    Simmons is like a Super Ben Wallace with way more skills and a way wrong set of expectations. Part of that comes with the contract I guess, but I fully believe he could be a starter on a champ team within a few years. Dude doesn't even need to learn how to shoot to be a great player, he just needs to learn how to dunk confidently. He's so great in all the other shit.

  4. #424
    I don’t know wtf that was my Blazers friends. You got a nice player who is really useful when healthy and a great locker room guy. I’m happy for him he gets to play on a better team, at least for the near future. I’m sad to see him go. Guy was happy given his dads connections to team. Having a guy happy to be in Cleveland is rare.

    We got a seven foot dude after signing Allen to $100m and drafting Mobley. I don’t have any idea what the plan is here. He can shoot, so there is that, but wtf Altman is thinking here is beyond me?

    Do they think he’s a seven foot SF? I think our defense is bad enough without trying that experiment. It’s not even that Lauri might not have some upside, but why with us?

    What a strange deal unless they plan on flipping someone, and I don’t think anyone is that flippable. We just paid a a seven footer 4/67 and I’m not even sure what he is? The backup C? Some guy to share minutes with Allen or Mobley? Do they think Mobley is a SF? I’ve seen some smart guys think he may eventually morph into one, but I don’t see it. He’s a pretty clear 4 until he bulks up and then a 5 . I’m kind of speechless.
    Last edited by BCR; 08-27-2021 at 03:26 PM.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don’t know wtf that was my Blazers friends. You got a nice player who is really useful when healthy and a great locker room guy. I’m happy for him he gets to play on a better team, at least for the near future. I’m sad to see him go. Guy was happy given his dads connections to team. Having a guy happy to be in Cleveland is rare.

    We got a seven foot dude after signing Allen to $100m and drafting Mobley. I don’t have any idea what the plan is here. He can shoot, so there is that, but wtf Altman is thinking here is beyond me?

    Do they think he’s a seven foot SF? I think our defense is bad enough without trying that experiment. It’s not even that Lauri might not have some upside, but why with us?

    What a strange deal unless they plan on flipping someone, and I don’t think anyone is that flippable. We just paid a a seven footer 4/67 and I’m not even sure what he is? The backup C? Some guy to share minutes with Allen or Mobley? Do they think Mobley is a SF? I’ve seen some smart guys think he may eventually morph into one, but I don’t see it. He’s a pretty clear 4 until he bulks up and then a 5 . I’m kind of speechless.
    The 'when healthy' carries a lot of weight but yes, Nance is effective and cool.

    Overlapped with him when I was at Wyoming; he was a huge soccer fan and always hanging out in the union watching matches with myself, two other white dudes and a smorgasbord of internationals.

    Made Wyoming hoops interesting for the first time in history; I remember talking to some lifer who told me that he never thought he would see the arena more than half full; Nance sold it out with his array of thunderous dunks, and they often crush teams.in the second half due to the altitude.

    Great addition, if healthy.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

    Ben Simmons is a complete fraud. He does not have the mental toughness or even the heart to do what it is to reach the potential with his career. Just imagine if this guy had some type of jumpshot and was willing to take it consistently. The Sixers would have won the title in a year where the East was so wide open. I hate the social media posts with him shooting jumpers and 3s on a practice court and when it really matters, all a sudden he can’t do it.

    Look at Embiid’s career compared to Simmons. Embiid wasn’t the complete big man that one sees now when he left Kansas. He developed his craft and trade over the past several years to where he’s in the top 5 of the best NBA players. Now…what’s Ben doing? Absolutely nothing. Buying mansions. Having Twitter disputes. Smh…ridiculous. Dude got his contract and hasn’t put in the blood, sweat and tears in the right places because of his persona. Really sad and disappointing.

    The Sixers better trade him.
    Ya man, I'ma Simmons fan, said it earlier in this thread.....and would love to see a trade that goes CJ + for Simmons. I think Dame could whip him into shape. Doubt it will happen.
    Simmons is much better than he was portrayed after the playoffs but nowhere near the asking price that Morey is allegedly asking for.

    Also a huge Klutch client; Sixers could really get cucked by Rich Paul and Co. if not traded soon.

    CJ + X feels more than fair and imo makes both teams better. Think he's a borderline all star in the East free from the redundancy of playing with Dame.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don’t know wtf that was my Blazers friends. You got a nice player who is really useful when healthy and a great locker room guy. I’m happy for him he gets to play on a better team, at least for the near future. I’m sad to see him go. Guy was happy given his dads connections to team. Having a guy happy to be in Cleveland is rare.

    We got a seven foot dude after signing Allen to $100m and drafting Mobley. I don’t have any idea what the plan is here. He can shoot, so there is that, but wtf Altman is thinking here is beyond me?

    Do they think he’s a seven foot SF? I think our defense is bad enough without trying that experiment. It’s not even that Lauri might not have some upside, but why with us?

    What a strange deal unless they plan on flipping someone, and I don’t think anyone is that flippable. We just paid a a seven footer 4/67 and I’m not even sure what he is? The backup C? Some guy to share minutes with Allen or Mobley? Do they think Mobley is a SF? I’ve seen some smart guys think he may eventually morph into one, but I don’t see it. He’s a pretty clear 4 until he bulks up and then a 5 . I’m kind of speechless.
    The 'when healthy' carries a lot of weight but yes, Nance is effective and cool.

    Overlapped with him when I was at Wyoming; he was a huge soccer fan and always hanging out in the union watching matches with myself, two other white dudes and a smorgasbord of internationals.

    Made Wyoming hoops interesting for the first time in history; I remember talking to some lifer who told me that he never thought he would see the arena more than half full; Nance sold it out with his array of thunderous dunks, and they often crush teams.in the second half due to the altitude.

    Great addition, if healthy.
    Not surprising he’s that cool always. We had the two nicest and whitest black players of all time back when his dad and Daugherty played. Two black dudes who were more interested in stock car racing than basketball. We had Dell one of those years also, pre-cuck days. Nice dude also.

    Lots of talent, but a little too aww shucks to beat Jordan between Nance, Daugherty, and choir boy Price. About the opposite of the mental makeup to get by a Jordan. Good players though.

    I had some guy who did some work on Nance’s house back then who did work on mine years later. Told me Larry senior was having a giant fish tank removed and just gave him the one he was replacing. He sold it for over $20k. Said dude was super nice and knew it was valuable, just as a thank you.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

    Ya man, I'ma Simmons fan, said it earlier in this thread.....and would love to see a trade that goes CJ + for Simmons. I think Dame could whip him into shape. Doubt it will happen.
    Simmons is much better than he was portrayed after the playoffs but nowhere near the asking price that Morey is allegedly asking for.

    Also a huge Klutch client; Sixers could really get cucked by Rich Paul and Co. if not traded soon.

    CJ + X feels more than fair and imo makes both teams better. Think he's a borderline all star in the East free from the redundancy of playing with Dame.
    Fucked around and found out.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    Simmons is much better than he was portrayed after the playoffs but nowhere near the asking price that Morey is allegedly asking for.

    Also a huge Klutch client; Sixers could really get cucked by Rich Paul and Co. if not traded soon.

    CJ + X feels more than fair and imo makes both teams better. Think he's a borderline all star in the East free from the redundancy of playing with Dame.
    Fucked around and found out.
    I don’t even know what they’d trying to force? All word is he wants to go to California only, and I assume he doesn’t mean the Kings as no one ever means the Kings.

    That means take a crap deal from GS or this is going to be fun. Neither LA team could even trade for him. Hope he sits entire year just for the laughs. I want to see a game of chicken.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    Fucked around and found out.
    I don’t even know what they’d trying to force? All word is he wants to go to California only, and I assume he doesn’t mean the Kings as no one ever means the Kings.

    That means take a crap deal from GS or this is going to be fun. Neither LA team could even trade for him. Hope he sits entire year just for the laughs. I want to see a game of chicken.
    Klutch probably wanted move X done already, it hasn't happened, so they are activating bishops.

    GM's know not to fuck around with CAA and especially Klutch. Danny Ainge and the Celtics are primo examples of this.

    Kings actually can throw together a decent package of like Haliburton, Hield + pick, or even just Fox + filler.

    Sixers are in win now mode with Embiid, thereby crossing off Golden State's youngsters/assets. No package with Lakers/Clippers. If he wants California it's gotta be farmland and 1-2 NL with Pockles at the Limelight.

     
    Comments
      
      BCR: Lol at 1/2 at the limelight
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    I don’t even know what they’d trying to force? All word is he wants to go to California only, and I assume he doesn’t mean the Kings as no one ever means the Kings.

    That means take a crap deal from GS or this is going to be fun. Neither LA team could even trade for him. Hope he sits entire year just for the laughs. I want to see a game of chicken.
    Klutch probably wanted move X done already, it hasn't happened, so they are activating bishops.

    GM's know not to fuck around with CAA and especially Klutch. Danny Ainge and the Celtics are primo examples of this.

    Kings actually can throw together a decent package of like Haliburton, Hield + pick, or even just Fox + filler.

    Sixers are in win now mode with Embiid, thereby crossing off Golden State's youngsters/assets. No package with Lakers/Clippers. If he wants California it's gotta be farmland and 1-2 NL with Pockles at the Limelight.
    They could definitely put together a package, but if you’re accepting Sac, you might as well open up a few more destinations. I mean Sac would be viewed as far nicer than where I live by 90% of the population, but not by NBA town standards. I hate Texas, but I’d rather play in Dallas or Portland or half a dozen other places if I’m not around the corner from models and actresses and Hollywood parties.

  12. #432
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    585
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,855
    Boy, that luster is starting to come off the Morey shine eh?

    Could have probably got Harden for Simmons+ 6 months ago. I bet he's getting nothing close to that now. Getting Fox from Sac would be highway robbery at this point.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Boy, that luster is starting to come off the Morey shine eh?

    Could have probably got Harden for Simmons+ 6 months ago. I bet he's getting nothing close to that now. Getting Fox from Sac would be highway robbery at this point.
    Had wanted Dame to land there when he makes the inevitable trade request, now def not.

    Lol Embiid calling out Philly fans, what a godawful city and organization.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Boy, that luster is starting to come off the Morey shine eh?

    Could have probably got Harden for Simmons+ 6 months ago. I bet he's getting nothing close to that now. Getting Fox from Sac would be highway robbery at this point.
    Had wanted Dame to land there when he makes the inevitable trade request, now def not.

    Lol Embiid calling out Philly fans, what a godawful city and organization.
    Even his tweets where he’s supposedly defending him are passive aggressive shots. The whole I just worked harder when they booed me, but not everyone is built like that is basically calling Simmons a pussy. Him and Doc is what made this a thing. Really amusing mess. I have no idea what I’d do if I was Philly. Despite all of this, dude is still so valuable.

    I legit think I’m going to war rather than trade him for pennies on the dollar. I 100% would if not for future implications for other guys. Who really goes to Philly as a free agent anyways? I’m not winning anything with Embiid + anything currently offered.

    Anymore, dudes go like 5 places. Both LA’s, Brooklyn lately, GS, Miami, and some random place that has a top guy, maybe. No one gets free agents anymore. Even a Boston can’t sign guys. Rich Paul can torture me in the future if I draft someone, but other than that, I’m just going to war.

  15. #435
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    585
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,855
    Great article relating to Simmons, and philly fans as a whole

    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/9...es-philly-fans

  16. #436
    The Clippers are getting their banners ready for hanging in Balmer's new $1.8 billion Inglewood arena unveiled today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    The Clippers are getting their banners ready for hanging in Balmer's new $1.8 billion Inglewood arena unveiled today.
    Tough to be the #2 team in a big city. Brooklyn is experiencing the same thing, despite being title favorites.

    Few cared even when Lob City was good and fun and the Lakers were awful.

    Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are probably the two least interesting superstars in the league to try and build a fanbase around. They'll probably be without Kawhi for the whole year, too.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    The Clippers are getting their banners ready for hanging in Balmer's new $1.8 billion Inglewood arena unveiled today.
    Tough to be the #2 team in a big city. Brooklyn is experiencing the same thing, despite being title favorites.

    Few cared even when Lob City was good and fun and the Lakers were awful.

    Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are probably the two least interesting superstars in the league to try and build a fanbase around. They'll probably be without Kawhi for the whole year, too.
    The funny part is some of these teams could become second most popular in the world while being second most popular in their city

    The NBA is getting unreal big around the globe. It’s easily 1 even above premier league on every social media platform that’s English speaking. It’s not that close globally, but it’s closer than I ever thought it would be and closing

    When I’m reading basketball forums, I sometimes forget the audience until a tennis or formula 1 topic will come up and there will be 500 replies and I realize this can’t really be considered an American forum at this point. Any Luka thread is borderline obnoxious with them having Luka and Jordan 1A and 1B.


    I assume the Nets or Clippers are thinking more in terms of being Man City. Still an incredibly lucrative spot to be in.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    Tough to be the #2 team in a big city. Brooklyn is experiencing the same thing, despite being title favorites.

    Few cared even when Lob City was good and fun and the Lakers were awful.

    Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are probably the two least interesting superstars in the league to try and build a fanbase around. They'll probably be without Kawhi for the whole year, too.
    The funny part is some of these teams could become second most popular in the world while being second most popular in their city

    The NBA is getting unreal big around the globe. It’s easily 1 even above premier league on every social media platform that’s English speaking. It’s not that close globally, but it’s closer than I ever thought it would be and closing

    When I’m reading basketball forums, I sometimes forget the audience until a tennis or formula 1 topic will come up and there will be 500 replies and I realize this can’t really be considered an American forum at this point. Any Luka thread is borderline obnoxious with them having Luka and Jordan 1A and 1B.


    I assume the Nets or Clippers are thinking more in terms of being Man City. Still an incredibly lucrative spot to be in.
    Simmons and Rusillo have talked about this topic. I guess as far as actually watching games, the NBA market is shrinking, even when you factor in streaming. People just aren't sitting through games like they used to, especially in regular season. But the social media aspect is very large. Even if they dont want to sit through a 2 hour game anymore, people like to talk about the NBA on twitter, tik-tok, etc.

    All the people discussing Luka in forums probably haven't watched him play very much outside of highlight montages. It is just how the NBA is consumed now.

    So there is an extra element of the league, teams and players figuring out ways to navigate ways to monetize the popularity outside of traditional revenue streams.

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: Good points; see that happening with just Brooklyn though, not Clippers

  20. #440
    It seems like the smart move would have been for the Clippers to relocate to Vegas, build a new arena and change their name. Second option of course is to move to Seattle and revitalize the Supersonics brand. Maybe these options are too obvious?

    The Clippers are not even the "lovable losers" of Los Angeles that people will ever feel sorry for or identify with. The organization just seems to be cursed.

    Even the new Arena in Inglewood announced yesterday will not be ready until 2024. I loved Kawhi in Toronto but he'll be lucky if he's still running around on those legs by 2024.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-14-2021, 12:28 AM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2018-19 thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 06-07-2019, 08:50 PM
  3. ***OFFICIAL 17-18 NBA THREAD***
    By gut in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
  4. ***OFFICIAL NBA DRAFT THREAD***
    By GambleBotsChafedPenis in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM