Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Toronto is really horrible.

Emotional comeback late in the 4th from down 10, to take the lead against a mediocre Pelicans team.

Then they blow it and lose, and fall to 1-4.

Only win is against the hapless Knicks, who managed to somehow win again today.
    Siakam has been straight up bad since shortly after the all star break last year. Horrible in bubble and starting off poorly. I won’t call him a negative asset yet, but at 4/130, it’s not going to take long.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Toronto is really horrible.

Emotional comeback late in the 4th from down 10, to take the lead against a mediocre Pelicans team.

Then they blow it and lose, and fall to 1-4.

Only win is against the hapless Knicks, who managed to somehow win again today.
    Siakam has been straight up bad since shortly after the all star break last year. Horrible in bubble and starting off poorly. I won’t call him a negative asset yet, but at 4/130, it’s not going to take long.
    Yeah Druff might be forgetting about the player movement out of Toronto. "Mediocre" pelicans? They had the best 2 players on the court with Ingram and Zion. New Orleans is a better mediocre than Toronto right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah Druff might be forgetting about the player movement out of Toronto. "Mediocre" pelicans? They had the best 2 players on the court with Ingram and Zion. New Orleans is a better mediocre than Toronto right now.
    Oh I know this isn't exactly the 2018-19 squad, I just think this team looks pretty bad -- a lot worse than expected. They've had some pretty dreadful offensive games thus far, and as BCR said, Siakam has sucked.

They've had so many great regular seasons in a row... I think this is the year they finally stink it up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Oh I know this isn't exactly the 2018-19 squad, I just think this team looks pretty bad -- a lot worse than expected. They've had some pretty dreadful offensive games thus far, and as BCR said, Siakam has sucked.

They've had so many great regular seasons in a row... I think this is the year they finally stink it up.
    Yeah. Siakam (like anyone) looked great in the frontcourt with Kawhi. Fred VanVleet is great when he's your worst guy on the court at crunch time.

When the current core is those 2 as your stars along with aging-fast Lowry, thats got like 6 seed, at best, written all over it.

Load Metric
    Although I gotta say, if Toronto keeps sucking and maybe they decide to blow it up, I'd love to see Siakam be a #3 on a good team. Sorry for the easy Toronto comparison, but much like Chris Bosh, thats probably the only way he's winning any more titles.

Love to see him with Jokic and Murray in Denver. That team could give the Lakers a run for their money this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So how long until Popovich, who is almost 72, retires?

After 22 consecutive seasons of coaching a winning team -- with the first 20 being ones where the Spurs were .610 or better (and most .700 or better), they were losers last year, and don't look good this year. They just got blown out by the Jazz to fall to 2-4.

Does he really need to coach failteams at this point in his life?

He got ejected a few days ago and let Becky Hammon take over -- the first time a woman has been a head coach for an NBA team, even if just for part of a game.

Pop is a known outspoken liberal, and it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually handed it over to her, in an attempt to make a statement about feminism or something.

It seems his trouble started when Aldridge felt he wasn't happy and almost demanded to be traded. Then there was the Kawhi debacle, and Pop didn't have patience for his weird behavior regarding his injury (nor his handlers who were keeping everything secret). Just kinda feels like this organization which did everything right -- and a coach who perfectly kept players in line -- has slipped into mediocrity.

Load Metric

After 22 consecutive seasons of coaching a winning team -- with the first 20 being ones where the Spurs were .610 or better (and most .700 or better), they were losers last year, and don't look good this year. They just got blown out by the Jazz to fall to 2-4.

He got ejected a few days ago and let Becky Hammon take over -- the first time a woman has been a head coach for an NBA team, even if just for part of a game.

Pop is a known outspoken liberal, and it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually handed it over to her, in an attempt to make a statement about feminism or something.

It seems his trouble started when Aldridge felt he wasn't happy and almost demanded to be traded. Then there was the Kawhi debacle, and Pop didn't have patience for his weird behavior regarding his injury (nor his handlers who were keeping everything secret). Just kinda feels like this organization which did everything right -- and a coach who perfectly kept players in line -- has slipped into mediocrity.
    They're pretty well positioned to cash in on Aldridge/DeRozan expiring and rebuild young.

Kawhi being weird and wanting out really hurt them, and the return they got for him (DeRozan and scraps) was laughable compared to other recent hauls for AD and lesser players.

Dejonte Murray going down last year (two years ago?) was painful; he looks pedestrian now.

They ran so well for like two decades but aren't looking hopeless like the Bulls after Jordan.

Actually would rather be them than Golden State at this point.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

They're pretty well positioned to cash in on Aldridge/DeRozan expiring and rebuild young.

Kawhi being weird and wanting out really hurt them, and the return they got for him (DeRozan and scraps) was laughable compared to other recent hauls for AD and lesser players.

Dejonte Murray going down last year (two years ago?) was painful; he looks pedestrian now.

They ran so well for like two decades but aren't looking hopeless like the Bulls after Jordan.

You don't think they will win next year if Thompson gets healthy?

Thompson + Curry + Green then you have Wiggins (or deal him for someone else), Wiseman #2 overall pick already averaging > 10 pts and > 5 boards with a full year under his belt.

Throw in a couple vets who want a ring......

Load Metric
    wiggins is fucking awful

Load Metric
    Simp,

Chamath is Canadian and on the Warriors board. Like the Warriors Chamath is both fascinating and annoying.

Name:  DE512037-C24A-430E-B368-815684672165.png
Views: 477
Size:  2.70 MB

This interview aged pretty well actually.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Thompson + Curry + Green then you have Wiggins (or deal him for someone else), Wiseman #2 overall pick already averaging > 10 pts and > 5 boards with a full year under his belt.

Wiggins is worst player in the league. I mean he’s close to it just straight up, but with contract, no doubt the worst player. Never has had a single positive year.

Thompson was one of my favorite players, but ACL straight into Achilles post 30. I can’t see him being able to do any of the stuff that made him great besides shoot. His best attribute was defense, chasing guys and harassing them on the perimeter. You see a Durant looking decent though 8 games, but he’s moved full time to the 4 so he won’t have to chase guys on the perimeter where he’s likely to hurt the Achilles again, is 7 foot and can always get his shot off. I don’t see how Thompson returns as anything but shadow of former self.

Draymond has been washed for a few years off his peak. Adding another year to his age won’t help. That style he played took its toll.

Wiseman looks like he has some skills, but even if he pans out, it’s probably year 3 or 4 when he becomes truly useful, and that’s too late for Curry.

I don’t see it at all.

Load Metric

Wiggins is worst player in the league. I mean he’s close to it just straight up, but with contract, no doubt the worst player. Never has had a single positive year.

Thompson was one of my favorite players, but ACL straight into Achilles post 30. I can’t see him being able to do any of the stuff that made him great besides shoot. His best attribute was defense, chasing guys and harassing them on the perimeter. You see a Durant looking decent though 8 games, but he’s moved full time to the 4 so he won’t have to chase guys on the perimeter where he’s likely to hurt the Achilles again, is 7 foot and can always get his shot off. I don’t see how Thompson returns as anything but shadow of former self.

Draymond has been washed for a few years off his peak. Adding another year to his age won’t help. That style he played took its toll.

Wiseman looks like he has some skills, but even if he pans out, it’s probably year 3 or 4 when he becomes truly useful, and that’s too late for Curry.

I don’t see it at all.
    All of this, even after Curry went nuclear on Portland tonight lol.

Klay may return and be an effective scorer but as BCR notes, his ability to defend is what will suffer. And he's fully maxed beginning this year. Ouch.

I also don't think Steve Kerr has shown any coaching chops yet.They may still adjust this year but they made minimal changes to their offense and no longer have superhuman talent.

Best case with Wiggins is he has a good stretch and a dumb team bites. Few of those remain.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Damn, he did have himself a game. I was up early and sleep fucked up. I had wanted to check that game out, but nodded off. I assume he will have a few of those this year when his shot is dropping.

Load Metric
    Look at Wes Matthews's last few seasons, that'll be Klay when he returns. Solid veteran leader, rotation guy for 18-25 mins a night. Hit threes and play smart off-ball D to help the team.

I'd rather be in San Antonio's front office right now than Golden States.

GS is VERY underwater with Klay and Wiggins contracts. That FO has some rough times ahead.
    Last edited by gut; 01-04-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, Golden State is worse off than the Spurs. The injuries interrupted the dynasty, and that was that.

Can't feel too bad for them, though. Nobody under 50 is old enough to remember their previous championship prior to 2015, and nobody under 70 remembers the one before that.

They ranged from crappy to decent for so long, and suddenly they were both dominant and redefining the way the game was played. The one blemish was failing to win the Championship after going 73-9 in the regular season.

The rich people in Silicon Valley finally got to see their NBA team kick ass, and it was perfectly timed as the overperforming Giants fell apart. Pretty funny how the Warriors slipped after finally getting out of Oakland, though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ugh... here comes the woke politics in the NBA again.

Kenosha decided not to charge the officer who shot Jacob Blake -- which was the right decision. Blake was a criminal who had resisted, physically fought them, and wasn't stopped by tasers. He went to reach for a knife in the car. A similar struggle happened in 2018 in Pennsylvania, involving white officers and a black suspect. The black suspect fought them, ran to the car, opened the door, and shot both officers -- with one dying, and one being left in critical condition. They did not shoot the suspect while he reached into the car.

Anyway, Jacob Blake was a criminal who was fighting the police and reaching into the car for a deadly weapon. Shooting was correct. This was different than the George Floyd death, which clearly was a case of excessive force (though there's no evidence it was racist.)

That isn't stopping NBA players from acting like this was a miscarriage of justice: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...blake-shooting

The Bucks themselves had to release a cowardly statement in order to pander to the players:

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1346635315491074048

Diamond
    Load Metric
    james harden is gone any time now, get futures bets in. blake what did i tell u moron my god

Load Metric
    Trade official

The Nets are trading for All-NBA star James Harden and sending four first-round picks and four draft swaps to the Rockets

Load Metric
    Trade official

The Nets are trading for All-NBA star James Harden and sending four first-round picks and four draft swaps to the Rockets
    Kyrie stays. WTF are they thinking? This is gonna be the gift that keeps on giving.

6 or 7 games together max and the NY Post sports page will turn epic

Load Metric
    Lotta moving parts there. I like the Pacers role in this, swapping Oladipo for Levert and a 2nd. Think Levert blends in with that cast much better.

Cleveland I have no idea what they are doing. Collecting bigs I guess. Must be looking to trade Drummond I imagine.

Time for the Nets to collect unsigned vets. JR Smith doing anything? Maybe Waiters Island will join up to chuck up some shots also. Jeremy Lin still alive?

Thread Information