Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Do you think that is a good trade for Philly? Having CJ at the end of tight games could theoretically be a plus, as he wouldn't be scared of the moment like everyone else on Philly except Embiid, but does he offer enough for all the rest of the time?
I think it is about as close to a perfect trade as possible now. They each bring their own faults with them, but their positives are what each team desperately needs. Now, in normal times, Simmons would be worth more, as his lack of shooting can hypothetically be fixed. You can try to make CJ better on D, but you can't teach size.

After this series though, I think 1 for 1 makes sense, as Simmons perceived value is probably lower than it should be. If I'm the blazers though, I'd have no issue throwing in a pick as well.

Imagine the PnR game with Dame and Simmons. Think Steph and Draymond.
Yeah I’d love to see him in Portland. I hope he doesn’t get traded to some Golden State or similar. If Klay came back healthy and you ran him as some passing center Draymond type, that would be frightening. I can’t think why Morey would want Draymond and Wiggins or whatever it would take to match, they’d have to add wiseman and a bunch of picks, but golden state has to be thinking of ways to maximize that last bit of Curry/Klay prime. There were a lot of rumors they were offering that 2 pick last year for him and sixers declined.