Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Based on tonight’s game, I feel new Cav Rubio for Dame straight up, and we’ll throw in Love to match salaries is more than fair. Might need Blazers to send back a pick. Second rounder should do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Based on tonight’s game, I feel new Cav Rubio for Dame straight up, and we’ll throw in Love to match salaries is more than fair. Might need Blazers to send back a pick. Second rounder should do.
    LOL seems fair.

Good thing we have Kevin Durant, seemed like cold shooting + Rubio may have taken America out.

Bam Adebayo being clumsy and useless not ideal going forward.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Yeah, felt like we could lose until Durant started heating up. It’s amusing how these guys like Rubio tear us up in these international games. Luka might torch us for 60 if we can get past Josh Giddey.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    next year's futures bets have been placed:

Philly 30/1

GSW 15/1

i did not place but i also highly recommend Giannis 8/1 for more pussy gamblers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Philly 30/1

GSW 15/1

Feels like a three team parlay, first bet is will all 3 Nets be healthy, but maybe only two if one is Durant, Second bet is will all 3 Lakers be healthy, and then have to pick the winner if you hit the first two.

So we start at 6-1 on basic three teamer, but then need like the right two injuries to really derail, and then have to pick winner. You’re braver than me. 30/1 on Philly feels right odds for how much has to go right. Giannis goes from joke to hero in one season. I could see same narrative about Simmons next year if Silver likes the script.

Ratings have sucked for two straight years. Like historically bad. He wants Lakers v Nets. If Kyrie joins Boko Haram to fight the oppressors and one of the other guys catches an injury, Philly is next biggest market.

Load Metric
    Melo as many predicted to Lakers. Actual decent if he doesn’t fall off cliff. Somehow the team got older today. This is going to be a fantastic story or the funniest shit ever. I legit wouldn’t be surprised if Vince Carter came back at this point. He had a year off.

They got Monk too. That’s actually a decent signing and first guy who has to have better option take less.

Plus now Horton has a friend. His stock had dropped, but not this low. He has to figure all the minutes will set him up for better contract going forward. Pretty sure he’s good from 3 also. Easily best signing imo.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Malik Monk, seems too young for the team IMO but good pickup.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  CA8BB824-9650-42BD-8DA7-44D81567C572.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  128.8 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Watch Derozan go to LA for the MLE.

Load Metric
    Derozan was scheduled to meet with Clippers but is now a Chicago Bull for 3 yrs 85 mill.

I wondered if he would take less for Clippers/Lakers but I couldn't leave 85 mil on the table to win a championship. Has to be his last big contract then he can join for league minimum.

Comments

nightmarefish: Da Bulls

Load Metric
    Lots of confusing moves I definitely didnt see coming. That Bulls lineup now is...quite eclectic.

Can someone explain Drummond taking a minimum deal to go to Philly? They must be planning on playing him and Embiid together a fair amount? Just seems like Drummond should have been able to get more money, and that seems like the weirdest spot for him to go take less.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Lots of confusing moves I definitely didnt see coming. That Bulls lineup now is...quite eclectic.

Can someone explain Drummond taking a minimum deal to go to Philly? They must be planning on playing him and Embiid together a fair amount? Just seems like Drummond should have been able to get more money, and that seems like the weirdest spot for him to go take less.
    I’ve heard it’s a vet min, but haven’t seen verification. I can’t imagine playing them together, and Drummond wouldn’t quit shooting stupid shots when he got plenty of minutes. Him trying to rehab his value on backup minutes would be mind blowing. He’d shoot two shots for every minute he played looking for his next big contract.

I don’t know if Raptors offered him, but their centers suck, and I can’t imagine they wouldn’t pay him more than vet min. Masai might just be like fuck no, he’s an idiot. That’s possible. I know Sac and Cleveland both signed their centers before offers could be made that needed matched with Toronto in mind. They suck at center and had like $24 million space.

The Bulls are strange. Not horrible, but just strange. I found the Vuc trade and giving up multiple firsts weird. I guess you have to go for it at this point, but that team feels perfectly 5-6 seed territory at best.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kendrick Nunn now signs with the Lakers. Scores 15 ppg and shoots 38% from 3. In before everyone in this thread calls him a scrub.

Lakers must have 25 players on their roster at this point.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 08-03-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I’ve heard it’s a vet min, but haven’t seen verification. I can’t imagine playing them together, and Drummond wouldn’t quit shooting stupid shots when he got plenty of minutes. Him trying to rehab his value on backup minutes would be mind blowing. He’d shoot two shots for every minute he played looking for his next big contract.

I don’t know if Raptors offered him, but their centers suck, and I can’t imagine they wouldn’t pay him more than vet min. Masai might just be like fuck no, he’s an idiot. That’s possible. I know Sac and Cleveland both signed their centers before offers could be made that needed matched with Toronto in mind. They suck at center and had like $24 million space.

The Bulls are strange. Not horrible, but just strange. I found the Vuc trade and giving up multiple firsts weird. I guess you have to go for it at this point, but that team feels perfectly 5-6 seed territory at best.
    Drummond has been cucked by Embiid for years, like openly humilated for all to see like no other current NBA relationship.

To become his backup for the minimum is tough.

Haven't thought much about Blazers moves but on surface it feels thin as fuck. Cody Zeller by appearance alone might be reason enough for Lillard to just say fuck it.

Comments

BCR: Yeah, Drummond gets killed by Embiid. Has to be humbling.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Kendrick Nunn now signs with the Lakers. Scores 15 ppg and shoots 38% from 3. In before everyone in this thread calls him a scrub.

Lakers must have 25 players on their roster that this point.
    Nah, he’s good enough and had to have better options. I saw something saying he was expected to get $15. Seemed fucked by Lowry signing timing.

You were right. No issue saying I was wrong. Lebron got these dudes to sign up again. Really didn’t see it happening at this age. I wouldn’t. About the only thing I really didn’t consider is how many regular season minutes these guys see looking at bigger contracts. Still think they’re dumb if they’re young and have other options. Miami rescinded Nunn straight up, but they’re on border of hard cap, so just business decision for them.

He is dude who fought his way up from G League and, I’m pretty sure, is consider good at defense and improved efficiency both years. Heat, I’d have to think, hated to let him go. Seems like their type. I didn’t watch him a lot, but seems really solid.

About the only thing is every guy they signed besides Nunn sucks at defense. Like real bad. AD staying healthy is literally everything. I’d be hesitant to hardly play him regular season. It’s going to be a high scoring DNP regular season, but if healthy, I can’t see who beats them in playoffs until Nets. Nets added Mills, which is really good, so rich get richer per usual.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Nah, he’s good enough and had to have better options. I saw something saying he was expected to get $15. Seemed fucked by Lowry signing timing.

You were right. No issue saying I was wrong. Lebron got these dudes to sign up again. Really didn’t see it happening at this age. I wouldn’t. About the only thing I really didn’t consider is how many regular season minutes these guys see looking at bigger contracts. Still think they’re dumb if they’re young and have other options. Miami rescinded Nunn straight up, but they’re on border of hard cap, so just business decision for them.

He is dude who fought his way up from G League and, I’m pretty sure, is consider good at defense and improved efficiency both years. Heat, I’d have to think, hated to let him go. Seems like their type. I didn’t watch him a lot, but seems really solid.

About the only thing is every guy they signed besides Nunn sucks at defense. Like real bad. AD staying healthy is literally everything. I’d be hesitant to hardly play him regular season. It’s going to be a high scoring DNP regular season, but if healthy, I can’t see who beats them in playoffs until Nets. Nets added Mills, which is really good, so rich get richer per usual.
    Yep, AD has to be healthy. Covers up alot of holes. Nets/Lakers would be glorious, little uptick in the finals ratings I'm guessing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Drummond has been cucked by Embiid for years, like openly humilated for all to see like no other current NBA relationship.

To become his backup for the minimum is tough.

Haven't thought much about Blazers moves but on surface it feels thin as fuck. Cody Zeller by appearance alone might be reason enough for Lillard to just say fuck it.

Lotta "meh" from Blazers so far. Has to be some sort of trade eventually. Right now this might be the smallest team in NBA history, they have only 3 guys rostered who are taller than 6'8" (Nurkic, Zeller, rookie 2nd rounder Brown).

I can almost guarantee Zach Collins will somehow never be hurt again and become a stud for the Spurs. Thats just how those things play out for the Blazers.

Speaking again of wasted 2nd round picks by the Blazers earlier in this thread, and speaking of the Spurs, saw Patty mentioned earlier, signing with the Nets. He was another one. Completely wasted in Portland, thrived elsewhere.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Philly 30/1

GSW 15/1

Feels like a three team parlay, first bet is will all 3 Nets be healthy, but maybe only two if one is Durant, Second bet is will all 3 Lakers be healthy, and then have to pick the winner if you hit the first two.

So we start at 6-1 on basic three teamer, but then need like the right two injuries to really derail, and then have to pick winner. You’re braver than me. 30/1 on Philly feels right odds for how much has to go right. Giannis goes from joke to hero in one season. I could see same narrative about Simmons next year if Silver likes the script.

Ratings have sucked for two straight years. Like historically bad. He wants Lakers v Nets. If Kyrie joins Boko Haram to fight the oppressors and one of the other guys catches an injury, Philly is next biggest market.

Jason Whitlock has talked about this. I am paraphrasing but the gist of it is that in his opinion the NBA doesn't actually care about ratings anymore. Their business model is to be woke and promote Nike and the big tech social media companies by providing content, and these companies will pay them on the backend.

My understanding is this has been going on with the MSM for awhile. But I think we underestimate how much big tech is quietly subsidizing entire whole other industries, which are feeding our big tech addiction in a symbiotic relationship.

Gold
    Load Metric

Nunn? My understanding is he barely played last season down the stretch except when he had to because players were hurt because he sucks at defense which isn't entirely his fault, as he is short and has a slim frame. My understanding (mainly from listening to Simmons and Rusillo) is that Spoelstra hated how much he had to play him because of his D and couldn't wait to replace him. I looked up his height and Wiki says he is 6'2" 190. I would guess that is an exaggeration on both fronts.

From what I saw, he is basically a poor man's Lou Williams. I don't think the Lakers can play him and Westbrook together, but I am sure Westbrook will miss a bunch of games due to injuries/rest so he can fill in. The news report says he turned down more money from other teams, which is crazy to me as I think he could be out of the league in a couple years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Nunn? My understanding is he barely played last season down the stretch except when he had to because players were hurt because he sucks at defense which isn't entirely his fault, as he is short and has a slim frame. My understanding (mainly from listening to Simmons and Rusillo) is that Spoelstra hated how much he had to play him because of his D and couldn't wait to replace him. I looked up his height and Wiki says he is 6'2" 190. I would guess that is an exaggeration on both fronts.

From what I saw, he is basically a poor man's Lou Williams. I don't think the Lakers can play him and Westbrook together, but I am sure Westbrook will miss a bunch of games due to injuries/rest so he can fill in. The news report says he turned down more money from other teams, which is crazy to me as I think he could be out of the league in a couple years.
    I’ve always kind of casually read the Heat forums ever since Lebron went there in 2010 and I hate watched them every day hoping he’d tear his Achilles. Plus I listen to a lot of Lebatard and pick up Heat stuff there.

Nunn was maybe the biggest disconnect between Heat fans and Spo since like Chalmers. No one could figure out why he wasn’t playing more. After Oladipo got hurt, he played at an elite level, kind of validating the fans criticism of Spo. I didn’t watch them much, but recall the discussion about how well he was doing.

Here’s an article about how efficiently he played down the stretch when given regular minutes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mia...251533588.html

Thread Information