Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

2 ideas I like to stay competitive:

The CJ-for Simmons swap assuming Dame wants to stay.

If Dame has to go, him to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Smart, and some picks.
    My team in the playoffs when I was young(Clippers never made it) was the Celtics. Larry was there Basketball Jesus and every one of my friends and Dad liked the Lakers on the West Coast. I have wanted to see this Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum combo through but if this trade presents itself you must do it if you are Boston. Dame has at least 3 more years of good ball and Tatum has arrived. Losing Smart would suck tho I must admit. Does this get Blazers in a better spot? Not sure but you move CJ after this deal and get young.
    I look at that hypothetical as keeping CJ. See if an alpha emerges between CJ/Jaylen. Or maybe they just duo alpha. Either way, much better team D when CJ is the only one you have to hide.

If Ainge was still there I wouldn't have even mentioned this. maybe Stevens won't be as gun-shy.

I would still much, much prefer keeping Dame and trying for the cj-simmons deal.

Bronze
    Load Metric

My team in the playoffs when I was young(Clippers never made it) was the Celtics. Larry was there Basketball Jesus and every one of my friends and Dad liked the Lakers on the West Coast. I have wanted to see this Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum combo through but if this trade presents itself you must do it if you are Boston. Dame has at least 3 more years of good ball and Tatum has arrived. Losing Smart would suck tho I must admit. Does this get Blazers in a better spot? Not sure but you move CJ after this deal and get young.
    I look at that hypothetical as keeping CJ. See if an alpha emerges between CJ/Jaylen. Or maybe they just duo alpha. Either way, much better team D when CJ is the only one you have to hide.

If Ainge was still there I wouldn't have even mentioned this. maybe Stevens won't be as gun-shy.

I would still much, much prefer keeping Dame and trying for the cj-simmons deal.
    The Simmons Saga is a trip. So good doing certain things especially defending. Skipping the Olympics to work on his "skills". I feel like Daryl Morey has seen enough and trying to pump up his trade value. I love this deal for Blazer fans. He needs to learn to let it fly and be a confident shooter at least at the free throw line. That clip of him passing right under the hoop to a cutter when he should have had a dunk and possible and 1 had to tilt Sixers fans. Not sure it can happen this late, but Dame is a good guy to learn and play with. Taking Dame off the ball for stretches would make him even more lethal late in games and being more fresh. At first glance looks good for Sixers. Someone to take pressure off Embiid. 2 great shooting guards in CJ and Lil Curry but neither is a true point and negatives on D

Load Metric

The Simmons Saga is a trip. So good doing certain things especially defending. Skipping the Olympics to work on his "skills". I feel like Daryl Morey has seen enough and trying to pump up his trade value. I love this deal for Blazer fans. He needs to learn to let it fly and be a confident shooter at least at the free throw line. That clip of him passing right under the hoop to a cutter when he should have had a dunk and possible and 1 had to tilt Sixers fans. Not sure it can happen this late, but Dame is a good guy to learn and play with. Taking Dame off the ball for stretches would make him even more lethal late in games and being more fresh. At first glance looks good for Sixers. Someone to take pressure off Embiid. 2 great shooting guards in CJ and Lil Curry but neither is a true point and negatives on D
    Embiid is talented enough that they don't really need a "true" pg. They can run the offense through him. he's not a Jokic type playmaker, but compared to most bigs he is pretty damn good. That "true" pg position is kind of fading away anyway. CJ is fine as a playmaker, not great, but acceptable enough.

Trade would really benefit both teams I think. So it will never happen, of course.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Embiid is talented enough that they don't really need a "true" pg. They can run the offense through him. he's not a Jokic type playmaker, but compared to most bigs he is pretty damn good. That position is kind of fading away anyway. CJ is fine as a playmaker, not great, but acceptable enough.

Trade would really benefit both teams I think. So it will never happen, of course.
    As a former PG I resent this ^

Seeing Paul George play Point forward almost perfectly rn and mixing it up with Reggie Jackson and Pat Bev while Rondo sits and the best 2 way player in the league is injured knows its mostly true. When Murray went down Joker played Point Center, the league has adapted. The Point God Chris Paul has had an interesting playoffs to say the least. Injured his shoulder, shakes it off and goes on one of best runs of career, Covid shenanigans Suns win 2 without him, he returns to struggle with his shot. Closest he has ever been, I also have seen this movie before.

Who you like in East Gut if both stars out? Looks that way

Load Metric

Embiid is talented enough that they don't really need a "true" pg. They can run the offense through him. he's not a Jokic type playmaker, but compared to most bigs he is pretty damn good. That position is kind of fading away anyway. CJ is fine as a playmaker, not great, but acceptable enough.

Seeing Paul George play Point forward almost perfectly rn and mixing it up with Reggie Jackson and Pat Bev while Rondo sits and the best 2 way player in the league is injured knows its mostly true. When Murray went down Joker played Point Center, the league has adapted. The Point God Chris Paul has had an interesting playoffs to say the least. Injured his shoulder, shakes it off and goes on one of best runs of career, Covid shenanigans Suns win 2 without him, he returns to struggle with his shot. Closest he has ever been, I also have seen this movie before.

ATL the deeper team.

Middleton does not have the best track record when he has to be the man. I don't see Bobby Portis or Brook Lopez breaking out a 30 point game anytime soon.

Load Metric

ATL the deeper team.

Middleton does not have the best track record when he has to be the man. I don't see Bobby Portis or Brook Lopez breaking out a 30 point game anytime soon.

Two guys I name combine for 55 pts. Lopez 33 on his own.

I feel like San with baseball now. I got nothing on these NBA playoffs anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    George saying that Clips would've moved on to Finals if Kawhi was there:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ference-finals

Maybe... but not so simple to say. Kinda comes off sore loserish. Just give the Suns credit, state that "maybe things would have been different" if Kawhi was there, and drop it.

Load Metric
    and maybe the jews wouldnt have moved into isreal if it wasnt for hitler are you good with this place turning into stormfront get ur faggot posters in line todgerson

Load Metric
    s-s-s sidedish

Load Metric
    Kawhi ACL reconstruction surgery. Next years pick completely unprotected. Good Lord is this trade going to haunt them.

Name:  EgIuWEAXsAAWvho.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  83.0 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am sure Simmons will do a pod tonight and I will get a full breakdown of the situation on my morning drive. But in the meantime it is fun to run through the scenarios. So my understanding is Kawhi has a 1 year player option. If he is healthy I am guessing he never takes it. He always signs a 5 year supermax or forces some sort of sign and trade.

But with the injury does he just take the $36 million, rehab for a year and then negotiate something with the Clippers during the season or become a free agent?

If you are the Clippers what do you do? Do you try to sign him to 5 years, and then hope for the best in 2 years when he is back? Do you let him do his player option next year and then move on? Really is a worst case scenario shitshow from their end how this played out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I am sure Simmons will do a pod tonight and I will get a full breakdown of the situation on my morning drive. But in the meantime it is fun to run through the scenarios. So my understanding is Kawhi has a 1 year player option. If he is healthy I am guessing he never takes it. He always signs a 5 year supermax or forces some sort of sign and trade.

But with the injury does he just take the $36 million, rehab for a year and then negotiate something with the Clippers during the season or become a free agent?

If you are the Clippers what do you do? Do you try to sign him to 5 years, and then hope for the best in 2 years when he is back? Do you let him do his player option next year and then move on? Really is a worst case scenario shitshow from their end how this played out.
    He was going to take the one year because the rule is that you can’t sign that largest super max unless you’re entering your 10th season I thought? . He’s played ten, but for some reason he is only eligible for 4 years 175 next year, but 5 years $246 million the following year. There is something about if you’re with original team it’s earlier, but he isn’t. Will be interesting now. He’s basically going to want to sign one year deal to rehab, with the hope he’ll extend, but it’s Kawhi, so?
    Last edited by BCR; 07-13-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am assuming he wants to stay in Cali (but he is Kawhi, so who knows?) so he could sign the player option and then decide during the season whether he prefers the Lakers or Clippers (Warriors??) in 2 years. Of course that would require the Lakers to keep their roster flexible enough to sign him, which would probably be hard given I am sure they want to compete for a title next year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

He was going to take the one year because the rule is that you can’t sign that largest super max unless you’re entering your 10th season I thought? . He’s played ten, but for some reason he is only eligible for 4 years 175 next year, but 5 years $246 million the following year. There is something about if you’re with original team it’s earlier, but he isn’t. Will be interesting now. He’s basically going to want to sign one year deal to rehab, with the hope he’ll extend, but it’s Kawhi, so?
    Yeah, tough beat for the Clippers. Can't even proactively blow it up since they mortgaged their future for PG/Kawhi.

Just have to cross their fingers that a guy who already has some weird load management schedule for a prior injury comes back 100%.

He's still a top 5 or 6 guy when healthy but I already think he's not *quite* the monster defender that he once was.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I believe the difference between the 4 and 5 years is the Bird Rights clause, regardless of his supermax eligibility. You have to be with the team for 3 years before you can get a 5 year extension, I think, and Bird Rights let you go straight to the max contract with Kawhi since he has 10 years in anyway. With only 2 years in, he only has Early Bird Rights, which max out at 4 years, with some other financial shit that goes along with it that caps his total payout by a little.

Also, I'm not positive about any of this.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-14-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I believe the difference between the 4 and 5 years is the Bird Rights clause, regardless of his supermax eligibility. You have to be with the team for 3 years before you can get a 5 year extension, I think, and Bird Rights let you go straight to the max contract with Kawhi since he has 10 years in anyway. With only 2 years in, he only has Early Bird Rights, which max out at 4 years, with some other financial shit that goes along with it that caps his total payout by a little.

Also, I'm not positive about any of this.
    Lol

I can't help with this either. NBA salary/cap rules lost me a long time ago.

Load Metric
    Anyone know anything about NBA? Is -4.5 on the Bucks a good bet? I am tempted to drop a grand on them, or just wait for unders on the weekend for baseball. Any advice, mucho gracias. I generally suck tanned balls on NBA but its the only game in town tonight.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Anyone know anything about NBA? Is -4.5 on the Bucks a good bet? I am tempted to drop a grand on them, or just wait for unders on the weekend for baseball. Any advice, mucho gracias. I generally suck tanned balls on NBA but its the only game in town tonight.

wow this is a great sign for me getting rich. no offense

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

wow this is a great sign for me getting rich. no offense
    Yeah I get it, the Suns are the better team. But this one if tough. Either team can blow out the other team in a game 4.

Load Metric
    If you had any money this would be the play, yes.

I'm even tempted to bet Bucks +200 for the series, and would if it was a shade higher. If Giannis continues to go to the basket and gets any level of support from the supporting cast I don't think Phoenix has the bodies to stop him. Ayton is a good defender but will inevitably pick up fouls if he keeps driving. Saric is out and Kaminsky is dog shit.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information