Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Do you think Californians will actually recall their governor?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Master Scalir wants to run, but can't afford the $3900 filing fee. He said he'd have put up $1000, but $3900 is just too much for a gimmick candidate. I have to agree, which is presumably why it's $3900.
    Def need to start a collection for this. Entertainment value much higher than 3900.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Newsom is a douchebag. He is vulnerable to a recall, but unlike Gray Davis in 2003, there is no viable conservative candidate to replace him. Plus, the Dems have a super majority in the legislature. The Republican Party has been effectively neutered in California.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Master Scalir wants to run, but can't afford the $3900 filing fee. He said he'd have put up $1000, but $3900 is just too much for a gimmick candidate. I have to agree, which is presumably why it's $3900.
    Def need to start a collection for this. Entertainment value much higher than 3900.
    Only if he gets his ass out there and campaigns.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Zero chance Gavin gets recalled especially with the state reopening and the clown show that is the CA GOP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    You can dislike Newsom's policies (I dont like most) but must still respect his game.

Like when Newsom publicly complimented Trump to the media (and privately no doubt complimented Trump's tan and hair) to get a change in Trump's decision re: Federal aid for CA wildfires - 2 hours later and a few public compliments, presto Federal Aid approved and on its way no problem.

https://news.yahoo.com/gov-gavin-new...195630557.html

Or recently Newsom being wise enough to apparently make a switch to the Florida Covid accounting method - like magic, the virus in California is gone and we are free to reopen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...cid=uxbndlbing

The French Laundry dining was a definite mistake. But I give Newsom an A- for his political game, which should be good enough to save his current job for him.
    You mean when basically all of LA County got covid and the rest of us went damn that sucked for them. We're doing well bc LA County inadvertently took one for the team, SF was ridiculously effective at not getting its ass kicked, San Diego did OK, our own variant might of kept the UK variant out, we don't have as many idiot Republicans as the rest of the bigger states and we are actually getting vaccinated. Surprise surprise surprise. Also the kickass weather is a cheat code.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    You can dislike Newsom's policies (I dont like most) but must still respect his game.

Like when Newsom publicly complimented Trump to the media (and privately no doubt complimented Trump's tan and hair) to get a change in Trump's decision re: Federal aid for CA wildfires - 2 hours later and a few public compliments, presto Federal Aid approved and on its way no problem.

https://news.yahoo.com/gov-gavin-new...195630557.html

Or recently Newsom being wise enough to apparently make a switch to the Florida Covid accounting method - like magic, the virus in California is gone and we are free to reopen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...cid=uxbndlbing

The French Laundry dining was a definite mistake. But I give Newsom an A- for his political game, which should be good enough to save his current job for him.
    You mean when basically all of LA County got covid and the rest of us went damn that sucked for them. We're doing well bc LA County inadvertently took one for the team, SF was ridiculously effective at not getting its ass kicked, San Diego did OK, our own variant might of kept the UK variant out, we don't have as many idiot Republicans as the rest of the bigger states and we are actually getting vaccinated. Surprise surprise surprise. Also the kickass weather is a cheat code.
    God you must be an absolute idiot if you believe anything you just typed, it's the fucking flu you faggot, get vaccinated queer.

Influenza Cases in the USA, 2016-2021:

2016-2017: 29 million

2017-2018: 45 million

2018-2019: 36 million

2019-2020: 38 million

2020-2021: 0.0015 million

Covid cases in the USA:

2020-2021: 32 million

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    500k dead Americans. India on literal human corpse fire. Australia and New Zealand telling the rest of the world we're good over here kindly fuck off.

It'S tHe FLu

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    500k dead Americans. India on literal human corpse fire. Australia and New Zealand telling the rest of the world we're good over here kindly fuck off.

It'S tHe FLu
    lol, repeating every doomer line in the book, no surprise considering you're a massive chode

Load Metric
    "Haha. Yeah right. The sky is mauve. Eat some ass, hippy."

Every dwai political post ever.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Gov. Gavin Newsom Recall Election Odds Suggest He May Survive

Full article here: https://www.gamingzion.com/gambling/...election-odds/

Cliffs
    - The recall effort will likely qualify for the ballot
    - The recall election will be scheduled for November
    - Democrats are so far united in support of Gov. Newsom
    - Walter needs to give better odds than Even Money if he expects any action
    OK, so it'll probably be within this year which simplifies things.

I'll give 2:1, up to $2K of my money to $1K of opposing money, that he is not successfully recalled by January 1, 2022. Meaning before that date, he loses his job in a recall election and someone else is elected governor of CA. No action if he dies from Covid exposure at the French Laundry or something like that.
    Still feeling good about this?

Load Metric

I'll give 2:1, up to $2K of my money to $1K of opposing money, that he is not successfully recalled by January 1, 2022. Meaning before that date, he loses his job in a recall election and someone else is elected governor of CA. No action if he dies from Covid exposure at the French Laundry or something like that.
    I think the press is ignoring the complete and utter vitriol of Californians towards Newsom right now. I’m a lifelong Dem, and am 100% voting to recall him. The guy with the bear or Kaitlin couldn’t be any worse. Ok, Kaitlin would be worse, but whatever.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

I think the press is ignoring the complete and utter vitriol of Californians towards Newsom right now. I’m a lifelong Dem, and am 100% voting to recall him. The guy with the bear or Kaitlin couldn’t be any worse. Ok, Kaitlin would be worse, but whatever.
    The reemergence of COVID (delta style) and mask requirements does Newsom no favors. Also, every time one of those videos goes viral of people freely walking out of stores with bags of stolen goods (now in LA too, not just a SF thing), I think his chances of being recalled goes up a few percentages as well.

Load Metric

Nobody has taken me up on it. How much action do you want?

Silver
    Load Metric

Just my opinion, but I don't think its a good bet or has any value at 2:1. In California, for something like this involving a Dem, I see no difference between 2:1 and even money.

You cannot underestimate folks like my uber-liberal cousin in the Valley who will probably find groups of people and "help" them vote to get it defeated. I'm pretty sure that's how Adam Schiff keeps his job.

A few months ago I put this at between 8:1 and 10:1 odds to be worth the risk. Now it's probably down to about 3.5 to 1.

Load Metric

Just my opinion, but I don't think its a good bet or has any value at 2:1. In California, for something like this involving a Dem, I see no difference between 2:1 and even money.

You cannot underestimate folks like my uber-liberal cousin in the Valley who will probably find groups of people and "help" them vote to get it defeated. I'm pretty sure that's how Adam Schiff keeps his job.

A few months ago I put this at between 8:1 and 10:1 odds to be worth the risk. Now it's probably down to about 3.5 to 1.
    I respect your staying away from a bet that you don’t think is a good value.

Thread Information