Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Californians will actually recall their governor?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I’d heard the inside favorite to replace Newsome was either the current or a former Mayor of San Diego.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    The process is picking up stream.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Interesting fact California is Democratic state! 4 of the last 8 governors have beep Republican.

So I think we are safe from the radical left and AOC's

& 100% he will be recalled.. Even the democrats want him out!
    The moment his two faced shit was exposed going to non socially distant parties for fellow rich elites in CA he was screwed. Say what you will about CA but in some ways they are less hypocritical then the libs in the NE like DeBlasio who get away with insane shit and are still given reach around by the fellow elitists and the voting public. I know there were issues of accusations of racism over the old Jim Crow laws and rightfully so but to me if you can’t pass a basic literacy test on how government works and what the three branches are of govt and who is responsible for spending bills you are too damn stupid to be voting blindly. I’m not advocating for tests and enforce a political bias but at least you need to know Legislative (be it city council, state assembly or Congress) is the one branch that writes laws and the actually is responsible for taxes and spending and the executive is charged with enforcement of those laws and writing regulations and policies to do so as well as day to day administrative functions of the government and the courts exist to primarily intercede in civil
    And criminal matters and the lastly are charged with imposition of court orders regarding if a law violates a state or the US Constitution with appropriate demarcation of what and how that occurs.

They aren’t charged with writing laws nor are they nor should they be in the business of end running the legislatures to enact “interpretations” of the law based on political leanings and thoughts. Of all the Judicial is charged and has such power that political party affiliation should NEVER play a part in selection. All decisions should be based on solid precedent and case law as appropriate and if whole sale change is needed such as when marriage was protected initially irregardless as in the Loving Case under The Equal protection clause to the most recent update appropriately to protect marriage irregardless of sexual choice.

I know got off on a tangent but basic literacy to be able to make an informed decision at the voting booth and how the government is supposed to function is sorely needed.

Load Metric

Comments

dwai: lol

Dan Druff: hahaha

Load Metric
    lol changed his tune real quick. people are done with this bullshit (except Druff, which i can't figure out why he's fallen so hard for this(coronavirus that is))

Comments

desertrunner: Nailed it.

Load Metric
    Druff- Are you sweet on Gavin?

Gold
    Load Metric
    The process is picking up stream.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Interesting fact California is Democratic state! 4 of the last 8 governors have beep Republican.

Except for the old guard Jews like Pelosi, who will all be retired/dead soon, most of the California political class, especially the younger generation, is actually more "woke" and progressive than Newsom. It is not the state Democratic Party leadership that is trying to throw him out. It is the people. Most of the Democrat elites were as enthusiastic of the absurd lockdown rules as Newsom, although I am sure they will be perfectly fine letting him take the fall alone.

Basically the Democratic base in Cali is rich, woke whites who are all on board with the most absurd progressive ideology; and blacks and Hispanic working class who are not necessarily on board with the ideology but still generally vote D for historical/identity based reasons, but are not afraid to slap down the rich white progressives when they get out of line pushing woke ideology/policy too far.
    Last edited by Kalam; 02-07-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Except for the old guard Jews like Pelosi, who will all be retired/dead soon, most of the California political class, especially the younger generation, is actually more "woke" and progressive than Newsom. It is not the state Democratic Party leadership that is trying to throw him out. It is the people. Most of the Democrat elites were as enthusiastic of the absurd lockdown rules as Newsom, although I am sure they will be perfectly fine letting him take the fall alone.

Basically the Democratic base in Cali is rich, woke whites who are all on board with the most absurd progressive ideology; and blacks and Hispanic working class who are not necessarily on board with the ideology but still generally vote D for historical/identity based reasons, but are not afraid to slap down the rich white progressives when they get out of line pushing woke ideology/policy too far.
    I guess you didn't get the memo that Pelosi is a devout Catholic who goes to church weekly, like Biden.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Well here's someone that knows a Jew from a Catholic

Tegnation22: Bingo

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

1) As Walter correctly points out, Pelosi is NOT Jewish. She's Catholic. She can't even pronounce the word Schmaltz. I don't know anyone, anywhere that confused her with being a Jew before, and I don't anticipate this ever happening again. Ever.

2) I know many Gringos like you lump all Hispanics together and think "it's all the same thing, just different degrees of Mexican." Well you're wrong. Puerto Ricans think one way, Mexicans think another. Colombians and Hondurans think another.
    Cubans and Venezuelans are more conservative and Argentinians turn their noses up at all of them. You just think every brown person is the same. You're wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I’d heard the inside favorite to replace Newsome was either the current or a former Mayor of San Diego.
    Actually, the inside favorite to win the recall election is ......Newsome. Remember last time there were 135 candidates, with several getting at least 1% of the vote. That type of dynamic gives Newsome a huge edge against the others that will not have the backing of the Democratic Party.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Actually, the inside favorite to win the recall election is ......Newsome. Remember last time there were 135 candidates, with several getting at least 1% of the vote. That type of dynamic gives Newsome a huge edge against the others that will not have the backing of the Democratic Party.
    He is excluded from running in the recall.

There will be two votes 1. recall - yes or no 2. vote for a new governor - whomever gets the most votes wins.

At this point, the recall is happening, the signatures are there.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I guess you didn't get the memo that Pelosi is a devout Catholic who goes to church weekly, like Biden.
    I was thinking Feinstein but wrote Pelosi. My bad. Anyways, the point is for a long time the California D party was dominated by neoliberals (a lot of them Jewish), but most of them are aging out and being replaced by progressives with "woke" ideological leanings; and I could definitely see the Hispanic working class base turning against them, as they have done plenty of times in the past in this state.

Letting the teachers unions run wild and block kids from going back to school indefinitely especially I could see hurting the D party in elections down the line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I was thinking Feinstein but wrote Pelosi. My bad. Anyways, the point is for a long time the California D party was dominated by neoliberals (a lot of them Jewish), but most of them are aging out and being replaced by progressives with "woke" ideological leanings; and I could definitely see the Hispanic working class base turning against them, as they have done plenty of times in the past in this state.

Letting the teachers unions run wild and block kids from going back to school indefinitely especially I could see hurting the D party in elections down the line.

LOL, another Anti-Semite advocating for the replacement of Jews. Why do you always pick on the Jews? Can't you find another Boogeyman? No imagination. SMH

Gold
    Load Metric

LOL, another Anti-Semite advocating for the replacement of Jews. Why do you always pick on the Jews? Can't you find another Boogeyman? No imagination. SMH
    You must be projecting your own feelings. I was stating what is happening, not advocating for anything. The awokening of the state Democratic Party is not something I advocate for at all, and frankly you have pretty poor reading comprehension skills if that is your takeaway from reading my posts.

Load Metric

You must be projecting your own feelings. I was stating what is happening, not advocating for anything. The awokening of the state Democratic Party is not something I advocate for at all, and frankly you have pretty poor reading comprehension skills if that is your takeaway from reading my posts.

Look, you were the one with the sexist and Anti-Semitic posts. I don't know how you mistook Feinstein for Pelosi. Is that because you think all old Liberal Cunts are the same? That is exrtremely sexist and ageist and should not be tolerated on these boards.

Load Metric
    How Gavin penalizes is in CA...

Load Metric
    Good new video-https://youtu.be/70lE29SY0Ms

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good new video-https://youtu.be/70lE29SY0Ms

Load Metric
    LA Times nukes Newsom over desalination plant plan- https://news.yahoo.com/column-desali...150042500.html

Load Metric
    The final blow is coming...

We finally heard from the court.

Our case against Gavin Newsom will be heard by the 3rd District Court of Appeal in Sacramento on April 20 at 9:30 AM. Newsom is appealing the Superior Court’s ruling that he abused his emergency powers.

In November we defeated Newsom at trial, handing him his first loss in court. The Superior Court ruled that his one-man rule violated the Constitution and restrained him from further unconstitutional orders.

Newsom’s lawyers rushed to the Court of Appeal, insisting the ruling “called into question vast swaths of the State’s emergency response” and threatened to invalidate “dozens of other executive actions.” Newsom himself called it a “profoundly important decision.”

The Court of Appeal declined Newsom’s wish for an immediate reversal, instead setting a rapid briefing schedule and teeing up the first precedent-setting decision in California history on the limits of a governor’s emergency powers. We’ve been waiting ever since.

With everything that’s happened over the last few months, the wait has been frustrating to say the least. But even an April ruling is much better than nothing. Another California court has already acknowledged this case could be a precedent for ending Newsom’s harebrained color/tier lockdown scheme.

That’s crucial, as Newsom recently tried to declare that we are “not going back to normal.” From the beginning, he hailed COVID-19 as the dawning of a “new progressive era” and an “opportunity to reshape the way we do business and how we govern.”

This case can lay to rest Newsom’s autocratic designs once and for all, along with those of any future governor who would exploit “emergency powers” to shred our Constitution and destroy our way of life.
    https://blog.electkevinkiley.com/cou...p2AEn0nlBteVT4

Thread Information