Thread: The left is bad at crime and punishment: New Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The left is bad at crime and punishment: New Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon

This new idiot bleeding heart leftist DA is trying his hardest to turn LA into an even shittier place than it's recently become.

First off, he announced a list of crimes he will not be charging. Not specific situations where he doesn't feel a charge is warranted, but a blanket policy to not charge certain crimes unless unusual circumstances exist.

Among the crimes he promises NOT to prosecute:

Trespassing, disturbing the peace, a minor in possession of alcohol, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug and paraphernalia possession, being under the influence of a controlled substance, public intoxication, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest.

So you can do any of these things in LA County, and it's a guarantee you won't get prosecuted unless you make a habit of doing this stuff repeatedly. How can this idiot think such a thing is a good idea -- especially to announce it by policy?

Next, he has promised not to prosecute any minors accused of misdemeanors. So if you're 16 or 17 and live in Los Angeles County, have at it. You won't be prosecuted.

Next, adults accused of misdemeanors and low-level felonies will be "referred to community based programs", whatever the fuck that means.

Next, cash bail is going to end. You get to walk right out of jail immediately in most cases, and you have plenty of time to flee the state if you think you might be facing a prison sentence.

Finally, he's ending the death penalty. Doesn't matter if you murder 200 kids and you're on video doing it. No death penalty.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crimes-las-prosecute

This moron thinks he's some kind of activist who is going to change criminal justice forever. Los Angeles County has become his social experiment.

What an asshole.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's his Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeorgeGascon

Read all the smug bullshit about how he's changing the world.

This piece of shit has no compassion for victims, and is the definition of a touchy-feely liberal who thinks that all criminals are good souls who just need to be understood and reformed.

How does this guy become DA in one of the biggest counties in the US?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The first time someone is murdered by someone who should have been in jail, this numb nuts will be roasted.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and get a load of this one.

Rhett Nelson is a piece of human trash who committed a double murder.

Nelson left his St. George, Utah home last year with a gun, and drove to Los Angeles. First he shot a 30-year-old Russian skateboarder dead. Then he walked into a Jack in the Box, saw a cop there, and shot him in the back of the head. The cop was instantly killed, as well.

There is zero doubt Nelson committed the murders. He has never provided any motive, and just did this at random.

He was charged with murder with special circumstances, carrying a maximum sentence of life without parole.

Gascon, who has long felt life without parole is cruel and unusual punishment, has dropped the "special circumstances" part, making Nelson eligible for parole, even if convicted and sentenced to the maximum!

Gascon's office would not comment on the reason for this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-da-ge...ed-cop-killers

The sister of the murdered cop said, "Completely in shock, I can’t even tell you, my heart just dropped, I couldn’t believe it. He should be there for the families, we are the victims here, not this person who shot him. I don’t understand what his purpose is to let these murderers out of jail, I don’t get it, he’s like the Devil, I don’t understand it."

Seriously, fuck this bleeding heart piece of shit.

The left is really, really, really bad at crime and punishment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't wait until the next time I decide to harass someone in LA County.

I can go to their house, trespass, disturb the peace, threaten to kill them, and when the cops finally come, I can resist arrest if the mood strikes me.

100% guarantee I won't be charged. Thanks, DA Gascon!

Also, fuck traffic laws. I'm going to break them all, and if my license gets suspended, I know I'll never be charged for driving on a suspended license, since DA Gascon said so!

Aren't you Angelenos glad this guy is in charge of crime and punishment in LA County?

Comments

TheXFactor: LOL...Druff is probably the one person that they will make an exception and charge to the fullest extent of the law, to make an example of.

JohnCommode: Todd, please wear a mask while you harass.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't wait until the next time I decide to harass someone in LA County.

I can go to their house, trespass, disturb the peace, threaten to kill them, and when the cops finally come, I can resist arrest if the mood strikes me.

100% guarantee I won't be charged. Thanks, DA Gascon!

Also, fuck traffic laws. I'm going to break them all, and if my license gets suspended, I know I'll never be charged for driving on a suspended license, since DA Gascon said so!

Aren't you Angelenos glad this guy is in charge of crime and punishment in LA County?
    Name:  cyrer.gif
Views: 236
Size:  269.2 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    this is more general commentary about california...

druff, how many more large multinational corporations have to move outta california, before politicians have their 'oh fuck' moment? while i doubt this will happen in silicon valley, but i'd have to guess if a couple of the facebooks of the world decided on the 'fuck this high tax bullshit we're moving to texas/nevada/florida' that there'd be a little ball sweat in sacramento because of the rapidly declining tax base...

Load Metric
    There's a recall effort underway to kick him out of office.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/recallgeorgegascon

Load Metric
    Assuming it will all come to a head and then explode. Pretty soon its going to be like 1987's RoboCop where the officers just walk off the job because they getting smoked out in the streets.

Load Metric
    Druff- no mention or weapons charges? I question all firearms laws stay intact?

Add- NOW is the time to be armed if you live in LA County.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

Druff, you need to man up and listen to desertrunner here to protect yourself and your family. Meaning, apply for a concealed carry license and start EDCing ASAP.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    For all the things i "overlooked" this is the context...

Name:  probation_fig-1.png
Views: 165
Size:  21.6 KB

Name:  probation_fig-2.png
Views: 178
Size:  20.3 KB

...rough California numbers from few years ago (don't worry it doesn't look any better now).

The first image is annual costs without legal part of the costs. The second image shows how you've been dealing with the strain to the system ever since the 90s.

Your prisons, jails and courts are already packed. The shitshow that is California penitentiary system is just plagued with recidivism and multigenerational issues. You also have an amazing ability to sentence people for x years and have them serve x+ years for infractions based on basic survival. Fun idiosyncrasies of west coast prison culture and the race car/card -system, if you want to walk the yard. You're expected to fight with the people you run with and quite a few other things especially if you have a short sentence.

Load Metric
    Here's a reasonable individual by Cali prison standards...

...that's the bar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

Druff, you need to man up and listen to desertrunner here to protect yourself and your family. Meaning, apply for a concealed carry license and start EDCing ASAP.
    I would like to see Druff become an icon in the 2A community. I would like to see him do in the the 2A areas what he's done for poker. Druff would be an asset to the 2A movement and also be a good firearms instructor. I really think he would find success and enjoy it.

Right now, I think the best pistol for him or anyone would be a Glock 19, Gen 3.

Now is the time for anyone to get armed, things keep getting worse every week.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 12-16-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Load Metric
    Extremists like Gascon, Newsom, Cuomo, and de Blasio are the kind of Dems that I have little use for. They also usually windup bringing about the election of more and more Republicans, even with the moribund Republican Parties of California and New York.

As for his opponent, I'm rarely comfortable with a D.A. who gets such strong support from police unions as it often indicates someone who too easily accepts police excesses. That appears to have been the case with Lacey. Had she been as tough on the police as she was on criminals, maybe she could have survived what was a difficult election environment for urban law and order candidates.

Load Metric
    This story will be good live on the radio show.

Thread Information