Thread: Whatever happened to....

Bronze
    Load Metric

Whatever happened to....

Randomly decided the other day to check Micon's twitter and saw something about EmpireMaker - who I recall having some pretty good battles with at the table and I think on NWP as well. Got me thinking/wondering what ever happened to many of those old posters. I assume many of them lurk or read here. Would love to hear some updates on where everyone is at in life!

Despite it being a crazy year, 2020 has been pretty unreal for the BPD fam. Grew the family (healthy baby girl - our 2nd), moved out of the city (great suburb north of Chicago), and my company that IPOd last year was acquired this year for a fairly absurd amount. I'm not a founder/co-founder but was pretty early, so its been a heck of a year. All healthy here and just trying to get through this shitstorm in one piece!

Hows the OG crew doing? CTH, Macon Marc, Sole, etc....you out there?

Load Metric
    Congrats on the daughter and the company.

Many people included you on the list of "whatever happened to" posters.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaDump View Post
    Randomly decided the other day to check Micon's twitter and saw something about EmpireMaker - who I recall having some pretty good battles with at the table and I think on NWP as well. Got me thinking/wondering what ever happened to many of those old posters. I assume many of them lurk or read here. Would love to hear some updates on where everyone is at in life!

Despite it being a crazy year, 2020 has been pretty unreal for the BPD fam. Grew the family (healthy baby girl - our 2nd), moved out of the city (great suburb north of Chicago), and my company that IPOd last year was acquired this year for a fairly absurd amount. I'm not a founder/co-founder but was pretty early, so its been a heck of a year. All healthy here and just trying to get through this shitstorm in one piece!

Hows the OG crew doing? CTH, Macon Marc, Sole, etc....you out there?

If im not mistaken the dude you are talking about is known as "Empire Maker" in daily fantasy sports.

high stakes whale (rich etc etc..), plays tons HU at the highest of buyin levels generally, and he doesnt suck from what I understand lol, anyway I think thats actually the same person your talking about here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    cth briefly showed up to admit that he was a 14-year-old obese kid at the time he came to NWP, and had pretended to be 22 and not obese. He said NWP helped him get confidence, and that he had since lost a lot of weight. He was complimented for fitting in and not coming off as 14 back then.

Not sure what Sole is doing.

Macon was last known to be living in Vegas with his longtime girlfriend, who is near my age. I know her family has $, but not sure if she gets to use it. He was popping up at Bellagio here and there. Haven't seen him in years though.

Load Metric
    cmoney pretended to die of cancer,

todd, chinamaniac and dongmonger all went along with it

Comments

Dan Druff: didn't go along with it

sonatine: he totally did tho

simpdog: IIRC he wasn't part of it, but he did allow it to happen

wrenchjockey: completely complicit in the scandal. He knew about it early. He knew it was fake. He let PFA believe the scam.

gimmick:

dwai: yes

Muck Ficon: Druff did go along with it

gauchojake: DRUFF MASTERMINDED IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    cmoney pretended to die of cancer,

todd, chinamaniac and dongmonger all went along with it

Don’t forget the Beaner. El burrito or some such nonsense was in on it.

Load Metric
    ahhhh yes el galo the sneaky mexican he was in on it too

todge you didnt perpetrate the cancer death scam but you absolutely went along with it, after all pfa is your website and you knew from the very start it was a lie but you didnt put a stop to it

had it been another user doing this you would never have let it happen, probably the 10's of thousands of dollars in wsop stakes you received from cmoney had something to do with this

Comments

Muck Ficon: :this
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    anyway its all in the past now dont want to bring up old wounds incase todge gets ill again off all the guilt

Thread Information