Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Rush TV show

Load Metric

Gold Rush TV show

Anyone watch the series and keeping up with the drama?

Last edited by desertrunner; 12-12-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Anyone watch the series and keeping up with the drama?

I watched for years then stopped, that whitewater show is dumb.

Started watching again due to Covid...I wonder how much they get paid to do the show

Load Metric
    White Water does suck, firm pass.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am surprised no one has punched Parker in the face kid is a terrible leader....it was also laughable a few years ago when he had that Girlfriend on the show...WAY to hot for that goofball.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    I am surprised no one has punched Parker in the face kid is a terrible leader....it was also laughable a few years ago when he had that Girlfriend on the show...WAY to hot for that goofball.
    Oh yeah, that was so easily transparent- He has money and she didnt mind the exposure. Also since growing up in Alaska in a not too populated area, its clear that Parker's social skills are lacking as the guy doesnt shave his face or maintain a decent haircut. He doesnt need to be full GQ, but having some class and a clue while with a smoking hot blonde (Ashley Youle) from Australia doesn't hurt. I am curious if the Discovery Channel set the whole relationship up to add spice to the dude only show.

Perfect example- The guy is a mess, yet this model level Aussie chick still has it together-

Pretty cute if you ask me...

Last edited by desertrunner; 12-12-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Load Metric
    Gold prices near all time high & fuel prices are really low.

These DIY miners must be killing it. Who knows.

It was tough to tell what was theater & what was real. I have no idea what characters like Parker are earning from the show vs actual mining.

The pirate from Norway is as real as it gets though. What a fascinating & original human. From my perspective, the relationship between the father and the kids is almost worth the price of admission. What they do not reveal is the competition that undoubtedly exists between the siblings for the mine’s legacy. ie who inherits control. Family businesses.

When I turn the show on I find myself going into a trance. It’s the same old shit every week. When Tony Beets is in frame I perk up.

Remember Todd Hoffman - the cringy, born again, fat guy? Didn’t he originally pitch the show to Discovery? Looks like he met his maker. I wonder if he retained any rights to a show that feels like it has run for a decade.

Not exactly appointment television any more but was interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It was tough to tell what was theater & what was real. I have no idea what characters like Parker are earning from the show vs actual mining.

The pirate from Norway is as real as it gets though. What a fascinating & original human. From my perspective, the relationship between the father and the kids is almost worth the price of admission. What they do not reveal is the competition that undoubtedly exists between the siblings for the mine’s legacy. ie who inherits control. Family businesses.

When I turn the show on I find myself going into a trance. It’s the same old shit every week. When Tony Beets is in frame I perk up.

Remember Todd Hoffman - the cringy, born again, fat guy? Didn’t he originally pitch the show to Discovery? Looks like he met his maker. I wonder if he retained any rights to a show that feels like it has run for a decade.

LOL @ Pirate from Norway, you nailed it and I agree. And yeah, I perk up too when Tony is on.

Alot of people bag on Hoffman. I wont because we all have to start somewhere at step #1 and learn our way up. I think he should have just stuck with it in Alaska instead of moving around. He had the experience, equipment and staff to make it work.

Parker is a spoiled brat thats been given everything. I read online his net worth is 2 million. That good I guess, but he inherited the business which is fine too, but he is punk at times.

I also like that Gene Cheeseman and the other mine supervisor that got into a fight.

Load Metric
    I have watched it for quite a few seasons, but recently im finding it a bit less interesting. Parker, meh, less and less interesting kinda as you get to know him more and more. But not a bad show, kind of has run its course with me some though.

Load Metric

LOL @ Pirate from Norway, you nailed it and I agree. And yeah, I perk up too when Tony is on.

Alot of people bag on Hoffman. I wont because we all have to start somewhere at step #1 and learn our way up. I think he should have just stuck with it in Alaska instead of moving around. He had the experience, equipment and staff to make it work.

Parker is a spoiled brat thats been given everything. I read online his net worth is 2 million. That good I guess, but he inherited the business which is fine too, but he is punk at times.

I also like that Gene Cheeseman and the other mine supervisor that got into a fight.
    Part of the appeal for me was that these guys, like Todd Hoffman, took shots. They remind me of the fearless contractor/tradesmen types that provide service for me. Not everyone makes it.

Compare the management style between Todd & Tony Beets. Tony is brutally harsh and direct. This is the time proven winning recipe in family businesses. There is always necessary damage inflicted.

I heard Beets state somewhere along the line that he will choose. There can only be one chief. The kids know that. That is where the gold lies Discovery. Beets won’t let Discovery in to that circle of pain - but it’s there.

Load Metric
    Part of the appeal for me was that these guys, like Todd Hoffman, took shots. They remind me of the fearless contractor/tradesmen types that provide service for me. Not everyone makes it.

Compare the management style between Todd & Tony Beets. Tony is brutally harsh and direct. This is the time proven winning recipe in family businesses. There is always necessary damage inflicted.

I heard Beets state somewhere along the line that he will choose. There can only be one chief. The kids know that. That is where the gold lies Discovery. Beets won’t let Discovery in to that circle of pain - but it’s there.
    Really like your intelligent feedback and insight, thank you. I also think youre spot on and nailed each bullet point. Thanks
    Last edited by desertrunner; 12-18-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Load Metric
    Freddy Dodge is God.

Load Metric

Gold Rush TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Freddy Dodge is God.
    YES. And very smart and a nice guy. I want to sit and chat with Freddy some day. Also like the other two mechanics- Juan Ibarra and I think Jake, Rick’s guy. That Mitch Blaschke is good too. All of these mechanics are crazy smart and dead on.

Rick Ness also seems like a good guy, just needs to wear is hat straight. Dave T was a good guy, but broke away from the show.

Load Metric
    I used to live in Southeast Alaska so know the area pretty good. Parker grew up in Haines, Alaska. His grandfather mined outside Haines. The Hoffmans claim in Season 1 was just north of Haines along the highway.

Haines and Skagway are the northern end of the Alaska Marine Highway, the ferry system that ties the towns of southeast Alaska to Washington. The southern terminal used to be in downtown Seattle but was eventually moved to Bellingham. The ferries of the Alaska Marine Highway haul people and their vehicles. Alot of people take their cars to Haines then drive the highway known as the Haines Cutoff up to Haines Junction, Yukon where the road intersects the Alaska Highway. Back in the 70's a walk-on ticket from Juneau to Seattle was $50. Nowadays it's like $400 I think. But it's a great scenic ride. You can buy staterooms or you can just roll your sleeping bag out and sleep on deck.

I worked a 20 man placer mining camp in the summer of 1989. It was at 5500 feet in the Alaska Range close to the Canadian border, 60 miles east of Paxon Lodge. We pulled out 7000 ounces that summer. Gold was around $380 an ounce then.

The Hoffmans made a lot of mistakes in Season 1 and they just kept making bad decisions the entire time they were on the show. I read online that the Dakota Boys quit the show because Todd was getting 20K an episode while Fred was getting only 7K an episode. I think the Hoffmans quit because they just kept embarrassing themselves.

Comments

Sanlmar: I demand more

WillieMcFML: What he said
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Speaking of Freddy Dodge, I guess he’s getting his own show...

https://www.discovery.com/dnews/fred...ith-a-new-show

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They are really at over saturation on this.

You have

Gold Rush which I watch sometimes
    Bering sea gold, summer and winter versions...also watch

Don’t watch
    Gold rush white water
    Dave Turin’s lost mine
    Parker’s adventure show
    Gold rush, the dirt where they just talk to the miners

Bleh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    They are really at over saturation on this.

Don’t watch
    Gold rush white water
    Dave Turin’s lost mine
    Parker’s adventure show
    Gold rush, the dirt where they just talk to the miners

Bleh
    I agree on all points, except The Dirt, it’s been mostly interesting, but sometimes lame. The last Dirt was good with the veterans.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Nobody watching Bering sea gold?
    Also funniest shit is when Parker refers to a shitty clean up as a Hoffman clean up
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Also funniest shit is when Parker refers to a shitty clean up as a Hoffman clean up
    I haven’t watched BSG. I also think Parker is a punk who had everything given to him, he never has to grind it out in the beginning.

Load Metric
    Tony and Minnie spend their winters in Puerto Vallarta.

They used to eat at my buddies restaurant before it closed down from Covid.

Tony acts the same as he does on the show but Minnie is extremely nice according to my buddy.
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    You gotta root for Chris Kelly.

Thread Information