Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roblox FRAUD ALERT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    My 7 year old has very recently started playing Roblox (like within the last week) and has been really enjoying it.

Any thing as a I parent I should be looking out for to prevent her from getting scammed? I’m not sure she’s really even aware of being able to buy Robux yet but I know that’s coming soon as she has friends that play it too.
    Xbox or PC?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    My 7 year old has very recently started playing Roblox (like within the last week) and has been really enjoying it.

Any thing as a I parent I should be looking out for to prevent her from getting scammed? I’m not sure she’s really even aware of being able to buy Robux yet but I know that’s coming soon as she has friends that play it too.
    Xbox or PC?
    She’s just been playing on an iPad thus far.

Banned
    Load Metric
    In 2012 I made a music remix from a scene in Dumb and Dumber. It did okay on YouTube with a few hundred thousands views.

One day I started noticing a lot of comments about something called Roblox. Then hundreds of comments about it. To this day I get random mentions of Roblox. Apparently they put my remix in the game, where you could enter a command and annoy people with it.

Now I come to find that it's a multi-billion dollar game?! Paging Alvin Finkelstein...

Comments

PLOL: lol holy shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    In 2012 I made a music remix from a scene in Dumb and Dumber. It did okay on YouTube with a few hundred thousands views.

One day I started noticing a lot of comments about something called Roblox. Then hundreds of comments about it. To this day I get random mentions of Roblox. Apparently they put my remix in the game, where you could enter a command and annoy people with it.

Now I come to find that it's a multi-billion dollar game?! Paging Alvin Finkelstein...
    Do you know which command? I want to show this to Benjamin.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got another denial from support this morning.

Basically their shit support (outsourced, of course) just answers you with copypasta and will ignore all requests for escalation to supervisors/managers. As I said before, there is no phone or chat support since the pandemic started. I'm still really pissed about this.

What is most irritating is how they just forced Ben to use his "one time restore" over the first matter of $5. It was pretty much me asking for the $5 refund for the first theft, and instead of just giving it back (or telling me that I'm using up my one-time account restore if I agree), they just restored the account with the $5, and that's that.

The restore is very important to have locked and loaded because you can also use it to get back your stuff if your account is compromised and someone purposely gives everything away or fucks everything up. So LOL at anyone doing this just to get back $5 in Robux with nothing else damaged.

They just assumed that was what I wanted, restored it, and now are telling me to pound sand when I want them to actually do the restore now for the 4800 Robux ($48).

What pisses me off is that I hate giving business to unethical companies which fuck me, and yet I feel like I'm forced to continue without taking away something my son absolutely loves, so that's not really an option. Fortunately Ben is a bright kid and pretty good at identifying scams and tricks, but he's still 10, and you never know when he will get phished by something really clever, or whatever. So this might happen again, though I've learned my lesson about loading more than a token amount of Robux into his account at once.

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Do you know which command? I want to show this to Benjamin.
    I don't know. I tried googling it just now and there appears to be multiple codes for it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes.

First, tell her absolutely never to click on any "Free Robux" offers or anything like that. Convince her that these are always scams. (Benjamin figured this out on his own, but many kids fall for it, as you'd expect.)

Second, if she runs any games or groups, tell her never to trust anyone with admin or developer access, unless she knows them in real life. Ben got fucked this way last year. Some older kid acted really nice to him, offered to help him run his group, got admin access to it, and then took it and shut Benjamin out. The only "happy ending" to the whole thing was that the kid didn't run it well and the group died, so at least Ben got a little satisfaction there. The kid was like 13 or something. Roblox support, of course, was useless. I felt like doing this:

Third, tell her never to install any Roblox browser extensions, no matter how cool they look (we just learned that the hard way).

Fourth, don't load more than $10 or so of Robux at a time into the system. I just learned that the hard way, too. This is also true because some kids are really bad with Robux management (as you'd expect), and shoot it off quickly on dumb shit, and then ask you for more. Ben is actually fairly good about not doing this.

Fifth, as it is very easy to chat and interact there, including friends lists, watch her closely, and make sure pedos aren't attempting to talk to her. From what I have seen, no pedos have attempted to talk to Ben, and all the people he's talking to seem to legitimately be kids. I haven't seen a trace of any inappropriate conversation, and Ben even lets me use his account sometimes when I need to help with something. But still watch out.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Ty ty

Gold
    Load Metric
    My son plays A LOT of Roblox. He probably gets $10-$20/week deposited on his account between me, my wife and grandparents. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not. I guess the only saving grace is he always spends the deposit the second he gets it, so no concern of being scammed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I asked my kids if they knew about this. They said that ROBUX was the real scam and that they wouldn't ever spend money on them.
    The game is not very fun without Robux. You can subsist without them and screw around in the games, but many of them require "gamepasses" to really get anywhere, and those are bought with Robux.

Also, Robux are usually required to equip the character with all kinds of outfits and looks, and the kids really love that. In fact, people using the default character are often mocked in the game for not having done this.

I'm guessing your kids just don't enjoy Roblox that much.
    I think my son was just being a prick. He loves himself a good video game scam so after I mentioned this I got the lowdown on all of the latest scams and the methodology. He thinks he's pretty smart. My daughter uses it socially - she and her friends hang out and mess around playing games. Nothing too serious and I don't think they care about the extras.

Anyways, total BS that they won't at least credit you the bux. I don't think they understand who they are messing with.

Load Metric
    Over the summer of 2020, a six-year-old spent over $16,000 in the App Store, on in-app purchases for the iPad version of Sega's "Sonic Forces."

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...ic-forces/amp/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Over the summer of 2020, a six-year-old spent over $16,000 in the App Store, on in-app purchases for the iPad version of Sega's "Sonic Forces."

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...ic-forces/amp/
    App Store will usually refund purchases on request, even months later.

Gold
    Load Metric
    What if the $5 jack was intended to get you to waste the one-time refund, and the felting of yung bennie's account was the long con?

Cookin your noodle with gas.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Weird resolution.

I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Before you laugh at me and condescendingly inform me that the BBB has no power, I'm well aware. In my almost 49 years on this earth, I had never before submitted a BBB complaint, because I know they are powerless and mostly bullshit.

However, this case was different. The BBB can actually be useful if the company cares about its BBB rating. You'd never think a huge operation like Roblox, which is exclusively aimed at kids, would care about its BBB rating. Amazingly, they do. I checked on it, and noticed a ton of complaints which were marked "resolved". Many of these complains involved support initially refusing to help, like in my case.

So I gave it a shot. I wrote up my story, and said I wanted my 4800 robux back.

I was a little worried the BBB would reject my complaint, since I was asking for fictional game money instead of real money. However, my complaint was accepted, and Roblox was asked for comment.

Roblox responded quickly, but it was an annoying form letter telling me that they couldn't find my account (which was false, as I provided all the necessary info), and that I should contact support if I need help (lol).

I chose the option to "reject" the response..... and then nothing. Roblox didn't answer me, and the BBB didn't seem to care that I didn't get an answer. I sent the BBB a message a few days ago, saying that this matter is still open and I'm being ignored by Roblox.

Still nothing.

I thought PERHAPS the BBB was slow due to the holidays, and decided I would tackle this again on Monday.

Just now, Benjamin said, "Daddy, our 4800 robux are back!"

Score one for the BBB. 100% this was their doing, because Roblox had already shut me down and told me they were closing the matter. I still have no idea why Roblox cares about their BBB rating. Perhaps because they're in the process of going public?

Anyway, happy ending. Now hopefully Ben doesn't get hacked again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hello Todd,

Thank you for your response.

Our records show that you were previously granted a restoration of items or currency to your account. Our policy allows us to restore items one time to accounts. However, due to the circumstances we are extending our policy for a second and final time to your account.

The following has been restored to your account: <redacted>

4,800 Robux

You may consider adjusting your trade filter to accept only trades that are of equal value. You can adjust that setting from your account by going to Settings>Privacy>Trade Quality Filter>High.

If you are using Chrome, please take a moment to check for and remove any Roblox related extensions. We also recommend checking and removing all browser extensions. Some browser extensions can steal login information or cookies and this allows someone else to access your account. We recommend not using any browser add-ons or extensions unless you are 100% sure they are from trusted sources.

In the future if any accounts belonging to you become compromised, we will be unable to return items or currency to those accounts.

Please take a moment to enable 2-Step Verification as an added security measure for your account. For more information, please see this help article with all the details of this great security feature.

Comments

gimmick: Christmas miracle

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    you better not be playing fucking roblox with your 3070 druff. buy ben cyberpunk

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Massive Roblox fail yesterday.

They apparently had some kind of Chipotle giveaway where players could get a certificate for a real burrito.

The demand for this burrito was too high, and it caused a major server crash, of which Roblox has not yet recovered from. It's been like 24 hours. They had 14 million people online before it crashed. The main page on roblox.com says they're "making Roblox more awesome" and will "be back soon". Yeah right.

They're losing a fortune being down right now, especially on a weekend, as much as the world starts getting too cold to spend time outside.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/Roblox/status/1454215549014069249

Totally not related to "any partnerships", guyz.

Just happened to be a major crash (now 36+ hours and counting) which began moments after the Chipotle burrito promo was rolled out.

Nothing to see here!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WSPreadHead View Post
    my daughter (8 years old) had her Roblox account drained a few months ago... it was her fault, as she clicked a phishing link offering her "free Roblox" or something of the like, and she entered her credentials... I'll never forget her face when she realized what had happened ... it was heartbreaking how naive she was as I explained to her how it happened... who dafuq targets little kids like that?!
    I REALLY wouldn't call it "Her fault," as she is only 8. She is an innocent kid who made an understandable mistake. I fell for something similar as an ADULT, and my own Sister who was a kid had set me up. She asked me to type in my Password, and I just blindly typed in my password, and she then coldly and smugly informed me I just got her to change my Password for her so that only SHE had Access to my Account. She had started to change my Password, and when it said,"Confirm old password, I stupidly confirmed old password blindly. Our other Sister was like, "Damn, she's just a kid and pulled off a pure Scammer move!" Luckily, my Scam Sister soon felt badd and told me the password she changed it to and I was able to get my password back. Still, amazing how she got me as an Adult to fall for her pure scam move and she was a kid at the time.

Comments

The Boz: The 8 YO kid has a higher IQ than you.

Thread Information