Thread: Harrison Ford Returning for Final 'Indiana Jones' Film, Hitting Theaters in 2022

Load Metric

Cool Harrison Ford Returning for Final 'Indiana Jones' Film, Hitting Theaters in 2022

Load Metric
    Is Shia Lebeauf attached or not?

Load Metric
    Please don't let it suck as bad as the last one did

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I for one can not wait! My Xander use to watch Indiana Jones on repeat. He knew all the words, it was the weirdest obsession but I’ll take him to the theaters and make a day out of it. My sons in high school now and still loves the movies lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Is Shia Lebeauf attached or not?
    Amazingly they really believed he was going to take over the franchise and be the new Harrison Ford.

Comments

JeffDime: Studio heads don’t know sick. Kids a good actor. But comical to think he could replace HF.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

The newest Indiana Jones film looks like it will be the latest Disney fail.

Reviews are mostly shitty. Consensus is that they made Indy a "broken down old man" who basically gives way to his young British goddaughter (what?). The goddaughter character is said to be unlikable and unpleasant.

Chalk up another fail for Kathleen Kennedy, who ruined Star Wars and now apparently took a knife to the throat of the Indy franchise.

Harrison Ford is 80, by the way.

The only good thing they did was leave Shia LeBouf's "Mutt" character out of it.

Load Metric
    A lot was made about Star Wars being delayed 20 years and then delivering a shit product. Indiana Jones is far far far worse.

Could have been my generations Bond and made a really great movie every 3-5 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    A lot was made about Star Wars being delayed 20 years and then delivering a shit product. Indiana Jones is far far far worse.

Could have been my generations Bond and made a really great movie every 3-5 years.
    It's always better when these franchises don't go on but there could have been 1 more good movie when Harrison Ford was younger.

Hilarious and depressing that mainstream taste only wants retreads. This movie will be awful.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

The newest Indiana Jones film looks like it will be the latest Disney fail.

Reviews are mostly shitty. Consensus is that they made Indy a "broken down old man" who basically gives way to his young British goddaughter (what?). The goddaughter character is said to be unlikable and unpleasant.

Chalk up another fail for Kathleen Kennedy, who ruined Star Wars and now apparently took a knife to the throat of the Indy franchise.

Harrison Ford is 80, by the way.

The only good thing they did was leave Shia LeBouf's "Mutt" character out of it.
    They should have made the goddaughter character trans to really piss off splitthis.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was unfamiliar with actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge, so I looked her up.

She's the one who plays the goddaughter.

She's 38, heterosexual, married, and despite the YouTube guy saying she's a feminist, I don't really see evidence of that. I saw she played a feminist in a BBC show called "Fleabag", but that doesn't mean anything.

If they wanted to go full woke, Indy's goddaughter could have been a black trans lesbian.

Anyway, seems from those previews that the character is the cheeky British female type, which might play okay in a romantic comedy, but isn't really going to be a good character to grab the torch from Indy and run with it as the main character.

So why bother? Almost seems like they're making the same mistake as "Crystal Skull", where they tried to create an heir apparent in order to keep the film series running for decades longer. People hated Shia's "Mutt" character, partially because that was obvious, and I bet they'll feel the same way about this new female Indy.

But yeah, if Harrison Ford is too old to do the usual Indy things, and they need to hand over much of the action to a female sidekick, this film's gonna suck.

Thread Information