Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
I am a flashlight geek/enthusiast only because I use them alot. I am also a desert person that loves running from So Cal up the I-15 to Las Vegas. With that in mind, I just use flashlights alot and prefer the tactical types with USB recharging capabilities. Some of my main brands are- Pelican, then Surefire for the pistols and a Streamlight. I do like the Streamlight Protac HPL light right now, but dont have one.

Here is the slimmer Protac HL that is USB rechargeable-

Ive also been chatting with a member here about a rock solid long term USB flashlight investment. I did recommend that Streamlight ProTac HPL to him or the slimmer HL.

Anyone else use or like certain brands or models?
Great call, mine just came in.

My motivation is primarily to have a flashlight on hand when I go into the mountains, as it gets perilously dark on cloudy nights.

Also trying to up my 'dad game' now that I'm with child by building up the tools and trinkets needed around the house that I've previously never really given much attention to.

Sometimes the headlamp isn't quite enough (need an upgrade there as well), so glad to have a dependable source going forward.
Noted flashlight has held up for a full year, thanks desert.

Provides way more coverage on nights in the mountains and is durable, having been in my gear on a half dozen climbs with nary a scratch.

Druff should unban you just to piss off jsearles, who has cucked him harder than anyone but Druff himself.ovwr the last year.