Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Any flashlight enthusiast (geeks) here?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This thread wins the award for "Most Surprisingly Successful PFA Thread of 2020"
    Only because I'm an undercover fed cop and they know I'll be cracking skulls with my flashlight soon.

Load Metric
    Earlier I mentioned the Nebo Redline X flashlight and I dont like the rubber cover on the USB port. Here is a good pic of what I am talking about. I did order this light for my collection and should be here tomorrow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Bro, here is the solution to your "tape a battery to the flashlight trick"- the USB rechargable 18650 battery. No more taping and dragging. Instead, have two of them and charge one by USB at a time and rotate back and forth as needed. No more electrical taping and plug it directly into your car's charger. The future of flashlights is the same as your cell phone- USB direct connect and no more cradles or wall chargers.

Article link- https://www.streamlight.com/communit...charging-port#

Load Metric
    This thread wins the award for "Most Surprisingly Successful PFA Thread of 2020"
    Curious why. The Worms figured it was something new or maybe they related to the geekness of it? Harmless thread?
    Last edited by desertrunner; 12-14-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Curious why. The Worms figured it was something new or maybe they related to the geekness of it? Harmless thread?
    for starters mickeycrimm has not posted in it

Comments

Kuntmissioner:
    Slava Ukraini!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Bro, here is the solution to your "tape a battery to the flashlight trick"- the USB rechargable 18650 battery. No more taping and dragging. Instead, have two of them and charge one by USB at a time and rotate back and forth as needed. No more electrical taping and plug it directly into your car's charger. The future of flashlights is the same as your cell phone- USB direct connect and no more cradles or wall chargers.

That was a joke, aiming at the extended clip posts in other threads. Guess it missed the mark. I don't really tape my shit like that lol.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric

That was a joke, aiming at the extended clip posts in other threads. Guess it missed the mark. I don't really tape my shit like that lol.
    Oh ok, all good.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Only because I'm an undercover fed cop and they know I'll be cracking skulls with my flashlight soon.

undercover cop? well then can you recommend a good functioning set of night vision googles or rifle scopes?

you know those have the advantage of not giving away one's position when defending one's acreage against trespassers such as vicious deer, angry hares or deadly raccoons
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 12-15-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I am a flashlight geek/enthusiast only because I use them alot. I am also a desert person that loves running from So Cal up the I-15 to Las Vegas. With that in mind, I just use flashlights alot and prefer the tactical types with USB recharging capabilities. Some of my main brands are- Pelican, then Surefire for the pistols and a Streamlight. I do like the Streamlight Protac HPL light right now, but dont have one.

Here is the slimmer Protac HL that is USB rechargeable-

Ive also been chatting with a member here about a rock solid long term USB flashlight investment. I did recommend that Streamlight ProTac HPL to him or the slimmer HL.

Anyone else use or like certain brands or models?
    Great call, mine just came in.

My motivation is primarily to have a flashlight on hand when I go into the mountains, as it gets perilously dark on cloudy nights.

Also trying to up my 'dad game' now that I'm with child by building up the tools and trinkets needed around the house that I've previously never really given much attention to.

Sometimes the headlamp isn't quite enough (need an upgrade there as well), so glad to have a dependable source going forward.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Any flashlight enthusiast (geeks) here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

My motivation is primarily to have a flashlight on hand when I go into the mountains, as it gets perilously dark on cloudy nights.

Also trying to up my 'dad game' now that I'm with child by building up the tools and trinkets needed around the house that I've previously never really given much attention to.

Sometimes the headlamp isn't quite enough (need an upgrade there as well), so glad to have a dependable source going forward.
    Awesome! Can you please give us a review here once you get it up and running. I’m a geek and love real life reviews. Thanks

Load Metric
    A side note- I current live out in the country right now and sometimes my home gets blacked out. Or I have to do some extensive yard work in the evening. Earlier this year, I found this USB rechargeable Nebo folding work light, its pretty awesome.

Last edited by desertrunner; 12-15-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

undercover cop? well then can you recommend a good functioning set of night vision googles or rifle scopes?

you know those have the advantage of not giving away one's position when defending one's acreage against trespassers such as vicious deer, angry hares or deadly raccoons
    Ha, I am not really a cop. And know zero about NVGs, but do know that Trijicon and Lupold would be a good start on rifle scopes. Im not a good source for these two items, sorry I cant help more.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Ha, I am not really a cop. And know zero about NVGs, but do know that Trijicon and Lupold would be a good start on rifle scopes. Im not a good source for these two items, sorry I cant help more.
    gee, you mean you won't come busting down my door to gun grab?

<and here i was going to made espresso for us...>
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I am a flashlight geek/enthusiast only because I use them alot. I am also a desert person that loves running from So Cal up the I-15 to Las Vegas. With that in mind, I just use flashlights alot and prefer the tactical types with USB recharging capabilities. Some of my main brands are- Pelican, then Surefire for the pistols and a Streamlight. I do like the Streamlight Protac HPL light right now, but dont have one.

Here is the slimmer Protac HL that is USB rechargeable-

Ive also been chatting with a member here about a rock solid long term USB flashlight investment. I did recommend that Streamlight ProTac HPL to him or the slimmer HL.

Anyone else use or like certain brands or models?

Just curious what model did you get? How do you like it so far?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too many choices.

Finally settled on Streamlight ProTac HPL USB.

Was a bit of a challenge to find a retailer I trust, because I'm hearing reports of counterfeits, especially on Amazon.

Will be here in about a week.

Load Metric

Any flashlight enthusiast (geeks) here?

Too many choices.

Finally settled on Streamlight ProTac HPL USB.

Was a bit of a challenge to find a retailer I trust, because I'm hearing reports of counterfeits, especially on Amazon.

Will be here in about a week.
    Sweet, that will be a lifetime investment for sure, I really like that light, right now I consider it the "King of Flashlights" as it has the right size, USB, LED and Streamlight. The HPL is probably carried by a LOT of LEOs and I like that the collar that covers the USB charge port is nice and tight. Seriously a good buy! I hope you can do a review on the PFA show in the future.

Side note- Still waiting on that Pelican5050r, guess they’re slow.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 12-16-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Load Metric
    A note on Weapon Mounted Lights (WML), do NOT buy cheap. I do not recommend Olight...

The original post with more pics- https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4ELq7L...0ObrVmZfj5e3sQ

Load Metric
    can you post what dealer you went with? Just curious.

Load Metric

Comments

Jayjami: Fucking Great, extended mix rep

Thread Information