Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pretty sure i would be shitting if i had 2 million invested in cardboard derek carr 🍆🍆🍆

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

pretty sure i would be shitting if i had 2 million invested in cardboard derek carr 🍆🍆🍆

lol @ his vision....only thing that will save him and not bury him is if the raiders get good enough to win the SB.......if they do obv auto unload.

Comments

rum dick: Jesus fucking Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Alrighty then time to load up on Nathan Peterman cards.

Load Metric
    The Raiders suck and so does Vegas Dave.

Vegas Dave is a fucking joke but he will hustle you out of your last dollar.

Comments

rum dick: Hard no on whatever that is

Load Metric
    Damn. He will be 30 next year and coming out of WC for foreseeable future in KC division. One knee injury post 30 and they’ll be drafting a new QB. I wouldn’t want $2 million wrapped up in that either

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Damn. He will be 30 next year and coming out of WC for foreseeable future in KC division. One knee injury post 30 and they’ll be drafting a new QB. I wouldn’t want $2 million wrapped up in that either
    When they get a better coach who can end games there is no reason to not believe the Chargers won't be solid for the foreseeable future. A lot of young talent and possibly a franchise QB for the next 10+ years.

Although I will say about Herbert is I watched a lot of Oregon football when he was the QB, and he never won any big games there either. Every time there was a big game against a ranked opponent he always came up short. So maybe it isn't all on Lynn.

I am not particularly optimistic about the Raiders being a contender in the near future, with or without Carr. If you had to give an O/U of how many times they make the playoffs in the next 5 years, I would probably set a line at 2, and even that might be a generous line.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    vegas dave or wee man?
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    After getting extremely lucky with the timing on the Trout card, the nut high play would have been just being done with the card market then, as obviously this is a peak of another bubble.

The 2nd nuts would have been reinvesting in someone like Mahomes or Trevor Lawrence.

The nut low is 2 mil in Derek Carr cards. Might as well diversify and get some Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, and Matt Ryan as well. Corner the market on forgettable average quarterbacks.
    Last edited by gut; 12-05-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Load Metric
    Also lol that he had them all graded by Beckett, which is basically worthless. They hand out 10's like candy. Anyone spending big money on a card wants the PSA grading.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this hobby is filled with scumbags.

went to look at justin herbert cards and all he good ones are multiple thousands of dollars

how do you invest in this shit when cards are going for 5k?

gay

i still think dan jones and the giants are going to be good soon. how much can his top cards go for,...don't tell me 5k?

i mean. lol what kind of scam is this shit. how many makers of cards are there, and how many rare variations within each brand.

Load Metric
    sorry whats that you fucking cracker
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    yea thats a great story nerd

Platinum
    Load Metric
    im too lazy to type something long about this now, but ive been fucking around with this since the beginning of the 19-20 NBA season...definitely has been a learning curve but fortunately my fuckups have been buying something for $150 and selling it for $100-110...

interesting thing that just happened is that PSA was taken private by a group that includes stevie cohen...that definitely piqued my curiosity...

the next big thing in this hobby will be the guy/gal who can come up with a marketplace for this shit that doesnt rape you up the ass like shitty ebay...10% in fees and 3% to paypal...fucking cunts...

if luka wins the MVP this year im gonna be doing backflips...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    im too lazy to type something long about this now, but ive been fucking around with this since the beginning of the 19-20 NBA season...definitely has been a learning curve but fortunately my fuckups have been buying something for $150 and selling it for $100-110...

interesting thing that just happened is that PSA was taken private by a group that includes stevie cohen...that definitely piqued my curiosity...

the next big thing in this hobby will be the guy/gal who can come up with a marketplace for this shit that doesnt rape you up the ass like shitty ebay...10% in fees and 3% to paypal...fucking cunts...
    psa was always corrupt. now they have even more power as people want 10's..they've had preferential treatment and since they started in the 80's and have been involved in many conflicts of interest in the past...you're either on the inside or outside. just don't expect anything to be fair.

as to your "next big thing". i already know what it is. but it's a huge undertaking, and it will make the founder and investors rich beyond their dreams. i'm writing up a plan as we speak. it will fill ebay with huge bullet holes

Load Metric
    the price of freedom is eternal vigilance
    yea thats a great story nerd

Comments

rum dick: Oce

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i use to be involved in this many years ago and got out to collect game used jerseys. it's all sold now except for a team issue jason sehorn jersey i bought from meigray.

as for cards...lol. i went to jerseys and never considered cards ever again......

i see some dan jones psa 10's going for under 1k..and his most expensive is going for 8k on the bay.

is there any science as to which one to buy.............or do you just buy random gay shit, and when the player/team does well they all go up..lol
    Last edited by mulva; 12-05-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i use to be involved in this many years ago and got out to collect game used jerseys. it's all sold now except for a team issue jason sehorn jersey i bought from meigray.

as for cards...lol. i went to jerseys and never considered cards ever again......

i see some dan jones psa 10's going for under 1k..and is most expensive is going for 8k on the bay.

is there any science as to which one to buy.............or is it just gay shit
    of course there is...i own a shitton of de'aaron fox and john collins that im selling off right now...they were the 2017 draft class...who else was in that draft class? lonzo, tatum, donovan mitchell...those guys had way more demand for their shit than fox and collins did...like i said i started buying before the 19-20 season and looking at fox and collins numbers, you could tell these guys were amazing players who weren't getting the pub because they were playing in shitty places...i bought those guys hoping for appreciation based on them becoming all stars maybe sneaking on to an all-NBA team...hasnt happened yet, but think they both could definitely get there...think collins is one of only 3 guys in history to average 20-10 in one of their first three seasons in the league...

so now the market has gotten hot and im looking to move all of this fox and collins shit and buy luka...why? the upside is huge...guy has the chance to average a triple-double (yeah i know NBA scoring is fucking nuts right now so that's easier than it was in the '80s-90s) and win an MVP (he's the betting favorite going in)...and in dallas i know cuban will spend the money to try to win a title...IMO there's always going to be stability in the super-duper stars (MJ, lebron, luka, mahomes, brady, etc)...can i get fucked? yup, but im playing with a lotta house money and im buying only graded cards which creates the scarcity factor that im looking for...

think basketball is the best market because it's global, easy to ID players and less risk of catastrophic injury fucking you in the ass (see: joe burrow)...

i dont get buying derek carr and daniel jones at a premium...what is their ceiling as a player? pro bowl? sure ain't MVP and odds are against winning a super bowl...pro bowls really dont move needles...hardware and jewelry does...

this is the long post i was too lazy to write earlier...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i see some dan jones psa 10's going for under 1k..and is most expensive is going for 8k on the bay.

is there any science as to which one to buy.............or is it just gay shit
    of course there is...i own a shitton of de'aaron fox and john collins that im selling off right now...they were the 2017 draft class...who else was in that draft class? lonzo, tatum, donovan mitchell...those guys had way more demand for their shit than fox and collins did...like i said i started buying before the 19-20 season and looking at fox and collins numbers, you could tell these guys were amazing players who weren't getting the pub because they were playing in shitty places...i bought those guys hoping for appreciation based on them becoming all stars maybe sneaking on to an all-NBA team...hasnt happened yet, but think they both could definitely get there...think collins is one of only 3 guys in history to average 20-10 in one of their first three seasons in the league...

so now the market has gotten hot and im looking to move all of this fox and collins shit and buy luka...why? the upside is huge...guy has the chance to average a triple-double (yeah i know NBA scoring is fucking nuts right now so that's easier than it was in the '80s-90s) and win an MVP (he's the betting favorite going in)...and in dallas i know cuban will spend the money to try to win a title...IMO there's always going to be stability in the super-duper stars (MJ, lebron, luka, mahomes, brady, etc)...can i get fucked? yup, but im playing with a lotta house money and im buying only graded cards which creates the scarcity factor that im looking for...

think basketball is the best market because it's global, easy to ID players and less risk of catastrophic injury fucking you in the ass (see: joe burrow)...

i dont get buying derek carr and daniel jones at a premium...what is their ceiling as a player? pro bowl? sure ain't MVP and odds are against winning a super bowl...pro bowls really dont move needles...hardware and jewelry does...

i'm not asking for science as to which player you should buy. i'm saying that in the sense which brand of card or certain low issue variant to buy.

it's pretty stupid with all of the different choices with what seems like unlimited types of so called rare cards

Platinum
    Load Metric

i'm not asking for science as to which player you should buy. i'm saying that in the sense which brand of card or certain low issue variant to buy.

it's pretty stupid with all of the different choices with what seems like unlimited types of so called rare cards
    TBH it all depends on how you want to approach it...

if you have the money you cant go wrong with panini prizm, donruss optic, panini flawless, panini national treasures, panini contenders, panini mosaic...

i hear you on all the different choices, but remember that grading creates scarcity...also the parallels create scarcity...if people are saying a lot of these cards are rare, they're blowing smoke up your ass...they're not rare, they're scare...big difference...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

TBH it all depends on how you want to approach it...

if you have the money you cant go wrong with panini prizm, donruss optic, panini flawless, panini national treasures, panini contenders, panini mosaic...

i hear you on all the different choices, but remember that grading creates scarcity...also the parallels create scarcity...if people are saying a lot of these cards are rare, they're blowing smoke up your ass...they're not rare, they're scare...big difference...
    okay follow this.

i'm not involved in any of this nonsense but i think i can break it down based on what i know and have been through. that and a cursory search. but plz, give me some rope.

there are what, around 10 or more brands of card manufacturers?

each or some brand has subsets of cards at different pack price points from $2.00 to the insane $1000's of dollars

each brand has rare cards 1/1 1/5 1/10 1/25,..etc, etc in every subset they make. not to mention MANY other rare cards that aren't numbered.

each brand makes numerous kinds of different cards for each sport. so in any given year there are 10 or more different packs to each sport but each containing the rare cards.

jackalopes pay up to $1500 for a current box of cards which is actually a pack of up to 10 rare cards in a pelican case

psa and a guess a few other companies control the grading market. getting a 9 vs a 10 means thousands of dollars to key cards, and it's pretty obvious it's becoming hundreds of thousands of dollars to key cards.

who wants a psa 9, when it's worth 20 when a psa 10 is worth 200. this amount is prolly based on a book value of nr.mint/mt of prolly 10 dollars. thats the kind of control this card grading companies have.

who wants a 2 dollar pack non limited rookie card worth 10 dollars when there's literally 1000's of other rare and more valuable rookie cards of the same player. not to mention the next year a non rookie rare card that they will want over that card as well.

this was faggot shit years ago and it's even bigger faggot shit show now.......but now your ambassador is vegas dave
    Last edited by mulva; 12-06-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    it could be faggot shit, but it's profitable faggot shit if you know what you are doing...

and nobody in the hobby is listening to vegas dave about anything...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Funny how quickly people forget about the earlier 90s and how the card industry raped every living person on this Earth with cash in their pocket who was interested in trading cards.

Year after year prices increased for packs and boxes, until it came to the point where they are worth SLIGHTLY above what they are printed on.

Also this guy has about the same kind of style as a 30 year old Persian man and that's not a compliment.

Comments

Tellafriend: Persians, lol

Thread Information