Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1873

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Name:  AA69EDEE-9A64-4BBD-98AF-8741BF8C3ED2.jpeg
Views: 250
Size:  322.4 KB

Comments

devidee: The God King, you know, doing god king stuff as usual.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Nice investment opportunity for mickeycrimm to supplement his binders of gold animal coins.

(This was the president of the United States)

LOL Team Retard
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    It’s pretty amazing that after all the fuck ups trump has done the one that buried his chances of re-election could be trump nfts. For those of you questioning this, the reception on right wing social media has been absolutely terrible. Like nobody is defending him here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    It’s pretty amazing that after all the fuck ups trump has done the one that buried his chances of re-election could be trump nfts. For those of you questioning this, the reception on right wing social media has been absolutely terrible. Like nobody is defending him here.
    Someone made an interesting observation that Musk has stolen the MAGA crown from Trump.

Trump is supposed to make a major announcement today? VP? 3rd party run? A Trump crypto coin?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Nice investment opportunity for mickeycrimm to supplement his binders of gold animal coins.
    Not to interfere with the lulz between you two.

It was insightful to read the Crimmster’s candid and honest dissatisfaction with DeSantis because he appears to be every bit the neocon Bush, Obama & Biden were. Mickey is a veteran, I believe. Respect that opinion

Having just wrapped a disgraceful 2 decades in Afghanistan et al and now the growing disaster in Ukraine I’m pretty much feeling him there. I’m taking a harder line this time around.

It’s still early days but understand and maybe enjoy the Republican pain if you are into that thing.

Load Metric
    Someone made an interesting observation that Musk has stolen the MAGA crown from Trump.

Trump is supposed to make a major announcement today? VP? 3rd party run? A Trump crypto coin?
    No one gonna announce VP until primaries are done so VP announcement years away.

Trump will never lose his 20% Qanon extreme republican base. He is losing his moderate republican who see a much more desirable option in desantis (and yes he may well be a wolf in sheeps clothing).

Musk is taking a page out of trumps book. But that's nothing new. We've seen a plethora of right wing "red pill" commentators in the past few years who have made a fortune being antiestablishment and duping their followers.

Musk's motivations are very similar to Trumps. While both are big narcissists....personal grudges and extreme sensitivity to personal slights are driving their actions. Musk has the ultimate FU money and he seems to be fine with blowing as much as he wants as long as it pisses off his enemies.

Load Metric
    Let me put it this way. When was the last time you saw someone take as much pleasure as Musk does in firing their employees?

oh ya some guy made a TV dynasty out of it..... (someone needs to edit in musk to twitter employees and it will go viral)

Load Metric
    Let me put it this way. When was the last time you saw someone take as much pleasure as Musk does in firing their employees?

oh ya some guy made a TV dynasty out of it..... (someone needs to edit in musk to twitter employees and it will go viral)

MAGA was a blue collar populist seduction. It’s not blue collar folk who are experiencing unemployment now. There are still help wanted signs and sign on bonuses. It’s a lot of white collar. A lot of tech which Sonatine forecast 6 months ago.

Don’t overlook who Musk has been firing with recently it’s not blue collar. This has a great deal of appeal in some circles. Both Musk and Trump as you point out.

I still conflate SBF and Musk more than Musk and Trump but I’m still organizing my mental sock drawers

Load Metric
    Understandable. He ain’t got no liquid assets, attorneys are expensive, and he’s got a lot of ‘em.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One big problem with Trump is that he absolutely can't break old habits. This is why he was tweeting on the toilet while President. To him, it didn't matter that he was President and that these tweets could (and did) undermine his credibility. He still saw himself as a guy who liked Twitter, and didn't want to give it up, nor let gatekeepers control his account.

Same thing with that ill-fated dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes. Trump always loved people who liked and supported him. He has a hard time telling these people no. He has a hard time telling them to stop and go away. This was why he didn't say no to Kayne & Fuentes, and why he had such a hard time putting out a forceful enough message to/about the January 6 rioters.

Every President has their quirks. Clinton was a lifelong pervert who couldn't keep it in his pants. GW Bush was too committed to what he thought was right, rather than what the people wanted -- to a fault. Obama was obsessed with being perceived as cool, and also didn't want any infighting in his Administration, even when it was necessary. Trump didn't know how to be Presidential -- and still doesn't. Biden is just senile.

Prior to becoming President, Trump's big thing was licensing out his name. After various failed business ventures of his own, he realized that licensing out his valuable name was a guaranteed win. He would stamp his name on anything, and didn't give a shit how scammy the operation was, or how likely it was to fail. In poker, we have Johnny Chan, Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, and Mike Mizrachi doing the same.

This company came to Trump and asked if he would license out his name to their NFT project, likely for some kind of distribution of profits or gross sales. He should have said, "No, this is a fucking embarrassment, and I have enough problems right now appealing to my own party more than Desantis." Instead, he saw a licensing opportunity once again, and took it via muscle memory.

For whatever reason, Trump has a very hard time accepting that as a President (and now former President), there are some things he just shouldn't do anymore.

Gold
    Load Metric
    "GW Bush was too committed to what he thought was right." This is the best you've got on him? I just can't let this go without pointing out that this scoundrel is a war criminal, a draft dodger and a dim wit. What exactly did he think was right? WMD in Iraq? Engaging in 2 simultaneous wars lasting an entire generation? Presiding over a housing and financial crisis of his own doing? Fuck him! Turn that asshole over to the Iraqi's and let him hang just like Saddam. I can't even stand the sight of his daughter who looks just like him.

Comments

Tellafriend: yes

Sanlmar: Oh, green train soundin' louder. Glide onto the green train.

tbuck27: Well, he was against black people, which is good enough for Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    "GW Bush was too committed to what he thought was right." This is the best you've got on him? I just can't let this go without pointing out that this scoundrel is a war criminal, a draft dodger and a dim wit. What exactly did he think was right? WMD in Iraq? Engaging in 2 simultaneous wars lasting an entire generation? Presiding over a housing and financial crisis of his own doing? Fuck him! Turn that asshole over to the Iraqi's and let him hang just like Saddam. I can't even stand the sight of his daughter who looks just like him.
    You forgot the Patriot Act and so much more. Snowden doesn’t exist without Bush.

More harm has never been done to America in the modern era by one administration

Every once in a while we are stunned by another person’s odd perception of reality. What we all take for granted - they see something else entirely. That’s our Druff.

Druff still buys the WMD’s. Cheney and Rumsfeld are apparently incidental and unimportant.

I’ve never been able to understand Druff’s love of Bush or his support of neocons (Bush being the king of all neocons). I have a vague suspicion but I have decided not to give it voice. Bush wasn’t that bright. His staff were evil. Being stupid does not absolve Bush.

Hell awaits the leaders of that administration. Colin Powell made a contrition & admitted to that administration’s wrongdoing and tried to make peace with the world before his death. “I’m sorry” doesn’t cut it. Sorry pal.

Comments

country978: Only real punishment for these people would cut it. Instead they're all wildly wealthy and protected

Gold
    Load Metric
    You forgot the Patriot Act and so much more. Snowden doesn’t exist without Bush.

More harm has never been done to America in the modern era by one administration

Every once in a while we are stunned by another person’s odd perception of reality. What we all take for granted - they see something else entirely. That’s our Druff.

Druff still buys the WMD’s. Cheney and Rumsfeld are apparently incidental and unimportant.

I’ve never been able to understand Druff’s love of Bush or his support of neocons (Bush being the king of all neocons). I have a vague suspicion but I have decided not to give it voice. Bush wasn’t that bright. His staff were evil. Being stupid does not absolve Bush.

Hell awaits the leaders of that administration. Colin Powell made a contrition & admitted to that administration’s wrongdoing and tried to make peace with the world before his death. “I’m sorry” doesn’t cut it. Sorry pal.
    Colin Powell testified to the UN that there were WMD in Iraq. Colin Powell is also responsible for the highway of death in 1991. I'm sure he's personally responsible for the killings of plenty of Vietnamese as well. I'm sure he knew before he died that if in fact there is a hell he'd be there post haste. Thanks for bringing up Cheney and Rumsfeld too. They all deserve to be remembered as some of the worst people to have ever lived a day on earth. The sniveling Wolfowitz too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    History has somewhat been rewritten regarding GW Bush, with the benefit of hindsight.

He had to deal with three tough situations which he inherited by both circumstance and mishandling from the previous (Clinton) Administration.

1) Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda were allowed to grow and thrive in Afghanistan, despite a very clear indication for years that they were planning an attack on the US homeland. They had already attacked other US interests, such as the USS Cole, but Clinton was so obsessed with popularity that he chose not to get involved in any military action.

2) Saddam Hussein, who was allowed to live thanks to GW Bush's father (an an effort to keep the region stable), was becoming an increasing headache, and had been pursuing WMD ever since the first Gulf War ended.

3) The economy fell apart because much of it was based upon the first dotcom boom, and in 2001 everyone realized that most of these companies were worthless (much like is happening with crypto presently, except it won't have such an effect on the broader economy).

#1 and #3 came to a head in 2001, which led to increased pressure to finally do something about #2 after 12 years of bullshit from Saddam.

The real mistake on the part of GW Bush was to buy into all of the "al-Qaeda in Iraq" nonsense being pushed in his direction by his underlings. There was no strong evidence of this. In fact, his hawkish staff, including Dick Cheney, may have outright lied to him, in order to get him to go along with the 2003 Iraq War.

People laugh today at the "absence of evidence does not mean the evidence of absence" line from back then, but it's actually true. Saddam agreed since 1991 to stop pursuing WMDs, and to cooperate with UN inspectors about the matter. Not only did he repeatedly refuse to cooperate, but there was a lot of evidence that he was at the very least pursuing a WMD program, before either hiding it or destroying it when it seemed he was on the verge of being attacked by the West again. This dance between Saddam and the UN occurred over and over for 12 years, to where you could watch a 1991 news report about it in 2002, and believe it was current if someone told you that. Something had to be done, as he was clowning the UN over and over. By the time we invaded, no WMDs were found, but so what? He may have dismantled them. He may not have gotten as far as we thought. But who cares? He was definitely pursuing them for the prior 12 years, and this was going to continue for as long as he remained in power.

The problem was that much of the justification to invade was "al-Qaeda is in Iraq, too", and that was bullshit. So people felt duped by that, and even further duped when no WMDs were actually found. This made the 2003 Iraq War look pointless, and the loss of American life seemed even more tragic.

Had they simply just been straightforward about Iraq, and basically stated that Saddam has been an ongoing pain in the ass who won't comply with his agreements, and is clearly pursuing WMDs over and over, I think there would have been much less criticism of the invasion -- even when no WMDs were ultimately found.

And the Patriot Act? You have to remember the time. Yes, it was government overreach, but the public supported it, as did most Democrats. People were scared that terrorists were right here on US soil, planning the 9/11 attack, and that restrictions on warrantless monitoring somewhat prevented its discovery. Al-Qaeda promised bigger and more powerful attacks in the future, and people wanted that stopped. In hindsight, it was a mistake, because you simply can't give such powers to the government without abuse inevitably occurring. However, it's not fair to judge GWB upon something that the vast majority wanted at the time.

And I'll say this -- the Patriot Act pales in comparison to COVID restrictions, when it comes to government overreach.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And I'll say this -- the Patriot Act pales in comparison to COVID restrictions, when it comes to government overreach.
    Absolute horse shit. One of your worst takes ever. Here are some actual facts to counter your expert opinion:

Name:  CDCD6973-1C9C-4E09-BD81-372383A0BB84.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  967.9 KB

Comments

country978: definitely not druff's finest hour
    Last edited by Jayjami; 12-16-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That graphic is misleading in some ways. It also doesn't address my main points.

Most Americans, including Democrats, supported the Patriot Act at the time. Judging it in 2022 from the long view of the two decades since isn't fair.

The "Sneak & Peek" searches are not as bad as the graphic makes them sound. These are NOT warrantless searches. They require a warrant, but authorize law enforcement to intentionally enter the premises when the suspect isn't home, thus making the search process easier (and evidence less likely to be destroyed while the suspect stalls answering the door). While I understand the controversy surrounding them, they also have legitimate utility. A big flaw with search warrants is that there are a few crucial minutes at the beginning where the suspect can destroy (or even hide) the most crucial evidence before law enforcement enters. These searches can reasonably be debated, but this isn't a tremendous violation, as they do require a warrant.

Regarding the NSLs (National Security Letters) seeking people's records and banking information, this again is not as bad as it appears. There is far more personal data abuse taking place at the hands of private companies (Google, Amazon, Facebook, for example) than anything the government is doing (or has done) with the Patriot Act. The private company abuse is on a much wider scale, has no safeguards, and much more data is being harvested. I have long stated that you can't whine about the Patriot Act unless you're complaining much louder about Facebook and Google (which most anti-Patriot-act zealots aren't).

I am not defending the Patriot Act today, but I am stating that it was popular at the time, and it never harvested the type or amount of data we are seeing from Big Tech today. Furthermore, the impact on the average American's life was far greater from COVID restrictions than from the Patriot Act, by a wide margin.

Do you know anyone personally who was affected by the Patriot Act? I doubt it.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    History has somewhat been rewritten regarding GW Bush, with the benefit of hindsight.

He had to deal with three tough situations which he inherited by both circumstance and mishandling from the previous (Clinton) Administration.

1) Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda were allowed to grow and thrive in Afghanistan, despite a very clear indication for years that they were planning an attack on the US homeland. They had already attacked other US interests, such as the USS Cole, but Clinton was so obsessed with popularity that he chose not to get involved in any military action.

2) Saddam Hussein, who was allowed to live thanks to GW Bush's father (an an effort to keep the region stable), was becoming an increasing headache, and had been pursuing WMD ever since the first Gulf War ended.

3) The economy fell apart because much of it was based upon the first dotcom boom, and in 2001 everyone realized that most of these companies were worthless (much like is happening with crypto presently, except it won't have such an effect on the broader economy).

#1 and #3 came to a head in 2001, which led to increased pressure to finally do something about #2 after 12 years of bullshit from Saddam.

The real mistake on the part of GW Bush was to buy into all of the "al-Qaeda in Iraq" nonsense being pushed in his direction by his underlings. There was no strong evidence of this. In fact, his hawkish staff, including Dick Cheney, may have outright lied to him, in order to get him to go along with the 2003 Iraq War.

People laugh today at the "absence of evidence does not mean the evidence of absence" line from back then, but it's actually true. Saddam agreed since 1991 to stop pursuing WMDs, and to cooperate with UN inspectors about the matter. Not only did he repeatedly refuse to cooperate, but there was a lot of evidence that he was at the very least pursuing a WMD program, before either hiding it or destroying it when it seemed he was on the verge of being attacked by the West again. This dance between Saddam and the UN occurred over and over for 12 years, to where you could watch a 1991 news report about it in 2002, and believe it was current if someone told you that. Something had to be done, as he was clowning the UN over and over. By the time we invaded, no WMDs were found, but so what? He may have dismantled them. He may not have gotten as far as we thought. But who cares? He was definitely pursuing them for the prior 12 years, and this was going to continue for as long as he remained in power.

The problem was that much of the justification to invade was "al-Qaeda is in Iraq, too", and that was bullshit. So people felt duped by that, and even further duped when no WMDs were actually found. This made the 2003 Iraq War look pointless, and the loss of American life seemed even more tragic.

Had they simply just been straightforward about Iraq, and basically stated that Saddam has been an ongoing pain in the ass who won't comply with his agreements, and is clearly pursuing WMDs over and over, I think there would have been much less criticism of the invasion -- even when no WMDs were ultimately found.

And the Patriot Act? You have to remember the time. Yes, it was government overreach, but the public supported it, as did most Democrats. People were scared that terrorists were right here on US soil, planning the 9/11 attack, and that restrictions on warrantless monitoring somewhat prevented its discovery. Al-Qaeda promised bigger and more powerful attacks in the future, and people wanted that stopped. In hindsight, it was a mistake, because you simply can't give such powers to the government without abuse inevitably occurring. However, it's not fair to judge GWB upon something that the vast majority wanted at the time.

Sheeeeeitt.....Bush had ONE job....don't fuck up the inheritance of running the greatest economy in the greatest country on Earth....fail

Oh, and spare the bullshit about Clinton being a "pervert". He engaged in consensual adultry with a girl over half his age. Certainly immoral and perhaps abuse of his position at the time, but certainly NOT illegal nor did it impair his ability to masterfully run this country. Lay off the GOAT. You're just pissed that he wasn't on YOUR team. Oh, and though Lewinsky wasn't super hot, there are millions of older dudes that would have banged the bottom out of that intern, and there are millions more young scandalous women out there who are sucking married dick on the side, except the guy they are deepthroating work at Home Depot and are named Leon.....I assure you that when Monica gets together with her girlfriends, they dap her up for reeling in the cock of the President of the United States.

Gold
    Load Metric
    History has not been rewritten vis a vi GW Bush. He is a war criminal a draft dodger and a slow wit. You can try to re write the history all you want but the facts are the facts. He lead us into an illegal and immoral war and is himself responsible for all the death and damage which ensued. Those who directed him are still giant pieces of shit but that man is right up there with the worst of the worst ever. No American should be defending his record. He is worse than Carter and Biden. He is the worst president in my lifetime by a wide margin. He does not deserve to have the history re written nor should anyone be making excuses for what he did. There is nothing he can do to ever atone for his actions.

Comments

Sanlmar: I think the best response to Druff’s ridiculous post is none at all. Let it sit at the end of the thread for a while and let others be stunned by it

tbuck27: when you're right, you're right rep

Thread Information