Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1870

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't mind an inquiry into January 6, nor do most Republicans.

We just want to see an equivalent inquiry into the 2020 summer riots.

Both were very serious matters.

If one is the subject of a Congressional investigation, so should the other. There's no way around that.
    Lol at Druff’s canned response these days: “But, but Antifa!” If “most Republicans” are for an inquiry, why is the leadership so vehemently opposed to one? They negotiated a bipartisan panel, then backed out.

Comments

Sanlmar: Cowboy Jayjami herding Druff back on topic. Druff strays badly when he’s lost

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff is just flat out wrong here. However:

BLM riots were a reaction to years of violence and corrupt policing targeting a specific group where people are actually getting away with murder, and it’s been going on for decades, if not over a century.

1/6 was a bunch of butthurt Trumpers who didn’t like what we, the people, just told them so they tried to overthrow the government.

They have nothing to do with each other and there is no reason to have a single investigation that encompasses both things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post

BLM riots were a reaction to years of violence and corrupt policing targeting a specific group where people are actually getting away with murder, and it’s been going on for decades, if not over a century.

1/6 was a bunch of butthurt Trumpers who didn’t like what we, the people, just told them so they tried to overthrow the government.

They have nothing to do with each other and there is no reason to have a single investigation that encompasses both things.
    We are in the Republican Civil War thread. The reason Druff is wrong is that he, like Republicans of all persuasions, refuse to address the massive division. Crying about BLM or gay wokeness is not the path to the 2022 or 2024 massive victories he predicts.

Just keep dragging shit out endlessly until the current leadership passes away from natural causes. It’ll be a generation not 2 years son.

As an example, Cuomo should be taken out back by Democratic leadership and stoned. Publicly. Not following on Facebook like you guys but I think they are cutting off the offending appendage before it turns gangrene. They ARE calling for his resignation. (Cuomo is a victim of his generation. They are getting culled one by one. That’s not the point… it’s politics and image).

The mafia used to take you out back and wack you if you fucked up. Not the Republicans. No sir.

Carry on Druff with the wadda wadda.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Solid
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: How about that… exactly how I feel. Our own worst enemy. Congrats on the next 7 years.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

We are in the Republican Civil War thread. The reason Druff is wrong is that he, like Republicans of all persuasions, refuse to address the massive division. Crying about BLM or gay wokeness is not the path to the 2022 or 2024 massive victories he predicts.

Just keep dragging shit out endlessly until the current leadership passes away from natural causes. It’ll be a generation not 2 years son.

As an example, Cuomo should be taken out back by Democratic leadership and stoned. Publicly. Not following on Facebook like you guys but I think they are cutting off the offending appendage before it turns gangrene. They ARE calling for his resignation. (Cuomo is a victim of his generation. They are getting culled one by one. That’s not the point… it’s politics and image).

The mafia used to take you out back and wack you if you fucked up. Not the Republicans. No sir.

Carry on Druff with the wadda wadda.
    You really believe Democrats are taking responsibility for what Cuomo did?

No. I'm surprised you're that gullible. He's outlived his usefulness. He went from an asset to a liability, so they're putting him out to pasture. This isn't a generational reckoning.

How come they didn't care last year what he did to the nursing homes? Thousands died. Media did nothing but praise him, even with his actions being long known. When the actual cover-up further came to light, they briefly expressed faux outrage, then moved past it. Imagine if Desantis did this? This would be news 24/7. They settled on the sexual harassment thing because it avoided the tough conversation about how their COVID hero was a COVID zero.

I'm not interested in hearing about the evils of January 6 and the systemic Republican machine which tolerated/encouraged it, until we hear about the Democrats' part in the much worse, much more deadly, and much more destructive unrest in 2020.

This is apples to apples. It's not whataboutism.

It would be like the frequently cheating wife confronting her husband about his infidelity a year later, and demanding mea culpas. If the husband said back, "Wait, you were cheating with a bunch of dudes last year, can we talk about that, too?" If she refused, would he be unreasonable to refuse to discuss the present matter? Obviously not.

Democrats care about democracy, order, and civility when it benefits them. They approve of chaos when such chaos is an end to their means. All I see is that most Republican and right wing media figures harshly condemn the actions on 1/6, yet we're still very short on Democrats who are willing to admit that rioting even occurred last year. Mostly peaceful, y'all!

Load Metric
    Druff, nothing you wrote above has anything to do with the Republican Civil War. The war within the Republican Party.

Try to focus.

You can’t compete next season if your team isn’t prepared to win. Don’t worry about the other team. Prepare your own squad. The Republicans are beating themselves and they haven’t left the locker room.

Cuomo DID become a liability. The reason wasn’t politically important. They wanted him gone. I must admit I respect the expediency and directness.

How might that apply to this thread? Your team. Give it some thought. I found Cuomo’s cleansing a fine example.

I’ve heard some liken Coumo’s stoning to Capone being convicted of tax evasion. You alluded to it above. It solved a problem. Keep things tight and on point

Speaking of stoning. You ever have to read The Lottery in school, mumbles? The short story that appeared in the New Yorker in 1948 that freaked everyone out. YouTube has a short theatrical piece where it is acted out.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-10-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Load Metric
    Those kids who paraded through the streets of Boston on a hot summers night last year are running for city council and mayor now. They are young and they are coming. The ads and their profiles are not like anything I’ve witnessed before.

It’s disquieting.

But my side is broken and filled with internecine warring. Gonna lose.

Mass had a Republican Governor. That is fucking not happening again. Thx Druff. Gonna lose and gonna lose BIG.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I’m going to say this again because apparently Druff completely ignored it:

It’s not apples to apples. They have entirely different causes. They are both reactions but apples and oranges are also both fruits. They are reactions to totally different things by totally different people.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Correct

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Druff, nothing you wrote above has anything to do with the Republican Civil War. The war within the Republican Party.

Try to focus.

You can’t compete next season if your team isn’t prepared to win. Don’t worry about the other team. Prepare your own squad. The Republicans are beating themselves and they haven’t left the locker room.

Cuomo DID become a liability. The reason wasn’t politically important. They wanted him gone. I must admit I respect the expediency and directness.

How might that apply to this thread? Your team. Give it some thought. I found Cuomo’s cleansing a fine example.

I’ve heard some liken Coumo’s stoning to Capone being convicted of tax evasion. You alluded to it above. It solved a problem. Keep things tight and on point

Speaking of stoning. You ever have to read The Lottery in school, mumbles? The short story that appeared in the New Yorker in 1948 that freaked everyone out. YouTube has a short theatrical piece where it is acted out.
    The Lottery is a classic. It’s about a bunch of peasants appeasing the Sky Wizard. The characters are not unlike a few people here.

Load Metric

It’s not apples to apples. They have entirely different causes. They are both reactions but apples and oranges are also both fruits. They are reactions to totally different things by totally different people.
    Not only this, BLM was a cause worth protesting and the looters and rioters took advantage and unfortunately twisted it into an opportunity to cause trouble. By contrast, every single 1/6 protestor was there to overthrow the government of the United States and murder the VP and members of Congress. Their whole point was “we don’t like the election results, so we’re going to kill people and install who we want in office, the Constitution be damned.” There’s zero comparison between them.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Also, I’m not aware of Biden, or any other Democrat that excused the rioting/looting that occurred. Nobody said that people who committed crimes shouldn’t be punished.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I’m not aware of Biden, or any other Democrat that excused the rioting/looting that occurred. Nobody said that people who committed crimes shouldn’t be punished.
    Biden took until July to condemn it at all, and his condemnation was extremely soft. Only after there was further backlash did he finally come out a bit stronger.

Kamala Harris infamously promoted a bail fund for those arrested for rioting in Minneapolis! (This bail fund also ended up later using the money to bail out chlid molesters and serial rapists, by the way.) She's never apologized for this, nor admitted it was wrong.

The media constantly downplayed the rioting/looting, either by claiming it was infrequent ("mostly peaceful protests") or justifying it as the only way black people could get attention about police brutalizing them (lol).

There were almost zero prominent Democrats or mainstream media figures calling for the aggressive arrest and prosecution of all people rioting and vandalizing during these protests. What little condemnation there was tended to be very gentle.

To this day, many people on the left (see sonatine earlier today) are still hailing the rioters as heroes rising up against the racist establishment.

But I'll ask you this, point blank:

Would you like to see all rioters, looters, and vandals during the summer 2020 protests arrested and aggresively prosecuted? If so, are you willing to state this on your Twitter?

In turn, I'll be glad to state the same about all January 6 rioters, both here and on my Twitter. (In fact, I already have several times.)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Not only this, BLM was a cause worth protesting and the looters and rioters took advantage and unfortunately twisted it into an opportunity to cause trouble. By contrast, every single 1/6 protestor was there to overthrow the government of the United States and murder the VP and members of Congress. Their whole point was “we don’t like the election results, so we’re going to kill people and install who we want in office, the Constitution be damned.” There’s zero comparison between them.
    You're right, there's no comparison.

The summer riots lasted for months. The 1/6 riots lasted for a few hours.

The summer riots caused billions of dollars of property damage, and victimized many individuals and small businesses. The 1/6 riots caused a tiny fraction of damage, and victimized only the government and government employees.

The summer riots terrorized the entire country, made people afraid to leave their homes, and shut down big cities all over the USA. The 1/6 riots were so pathetic that Congress reconvened the same day and finished its work.

The mainstream media refused to condemn the summer riots, instead whitewashing it and in some cases justifying it. Aside from a few crazy fringe outlets, the right wing media condemned 1/6 and the people committing it.

The current Democratic VP set up a bail fund for those arrested during the summer riots. No major Republican politician has offered any assistance to 1/6 rioters.

You're right. They were very different.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL yet another bullshit "fact check" which in fact disproves its own assertion.

Let's look at some of Biden's quotes from that article you posted:

May 30: "We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us. We are a nation enraged, but we cannot allow our rage to consume us. Please stay safe. Please take care of each other."

June 2: "There’s no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches or destroying businesses […] we need to distinguish between legitimate peaceful protest and opportunistic violent destruction."

Does this look like condemnation?

This couldn't be more gentle. Instead of calling the rioters opportunistic and evil criminals (which they are/were), he's basically saying, "C'mon man! Protest a bit more peacefully, mmkay? Oh, and note that there's peaceful protest going on too, so let's focus on that! Don't forget the peaceful ones!"

Where was he calling for their arrest and aggressive prosecution? Where was he calling them criminals? Hmmm... looks like he wasn't.

He was afraid to do so, because he didn't want to piss off the left, who were very much in support of the riots.

So.... again, regarding my question:

Would you like to see all rioters, looters, and vandals during the summer 2020 protests arrested and aggresively prosecuted? If so, are you willing to state this on your Twitter?

I've posed this question to other social media leftists who insist that they took the matter of rioting oh-so-seriously, but none ever want to take me up on my offer to publicly state that summer 2020 rioters, vandals, and looted should all be aggressively arrested and prosecuted. Yet they have tons to say about the evils of 1/6.

Wonder why.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For those of you who forgot (or are too young to remember), here's what it's like when the media does actual reporting regarding the pain and violence caused by rioting, and doesn't try to push an agenda:

That's from 1992 LA Riots, aired on NBC News (hardly a right-wing propaganda outlet!)

Compare the tone of this coverage (very anti-rioting, no excuses) to the tone of the 2020 coverage ("mostly peaceful", "fiery but peaceful", "it's the only way black people can bring attention to the issue", "this is the voice of the oppressed speaking out", etc).

Then you'll see why conservatives such as myself as so sorely disappointed with the lack of objectivity of our media, and the permissiveness of Democratic politicians, who seem to support all rioting as long as it's for a cause they like.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I’ve already condemned those acts on Twitter when they happened so it would make no sense to post about them now. I think you are unhappy with tone and feel like that negates the actual words or something here, I’m not sure, but it seems we can agree this is not an apples to apples comparison and bringing up the riots in response to a conversation about 1/6 is whataboutism, so in the spirit of Cory Booker today I say we accept that as an agreement and move on:

https://twitter.com/BradBeauregardJ/status/1425317941923524610

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff, are you a proponent of the FCC fairness doctrine being reinstated? It was a policy that required broadcast license holders to present controversial issues of public importance in a manner that was honest, equitable, and balanced. It was repealed in 1985.

Load Metric
    Druff, what group is most likely to target you? You will not replace us Charlottesville supremacists and wannbe nazis or Portland antifa and blm. you're in a rut so fucking deep it's funny. easier for a 1/6 confed battle flag waver to off ya down there.

repub slogans for '22 and '24.

Progress Can Wait

trump, Only trump

Back to the 50s

Science Kills, trump Saves

Coal trumps Solar

Gas Guzzlers are God
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I’m sure there’s more but here’s me condemning BLM violence on twitter. There are some BLM people who have me blocked on Twitter. I do not agree with their process at all.

https://twitter.com/CryptoNinjaco/status/1327741343930585088

Thread Information