Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    More legitimate voting equals no more GOP.

It's unequivocally meant to make voting harder, despite every attempt to uncover fraud.

Babble away about calling it racism or suppression, it's just designed to make legitimate voting harder for Americans, because Republicans can no longer win otherwise.

That's the only reason.
    Do you actually believe the BS you’re selling here??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It's unequivocally meant to make voting harder, despite every attempt to uncover fraud.

Babble away about calling it racism or suppression, it's just designed to make legitimate voting harder for Americans, because Republicans can no longer win otherwise.

That's the only reason.
    That's nonsense.

There is no evidence that Republicans are winning because of suppression or inability to vote.

Voting is a right. Effortless voting is not a right.

If you don't vote because a bus doesn't drive up to your door, or because you can't use a drop box 24 hours a day, then tough luck. The opportunity to vote is there for everyone, and there are plenty of ways to do it.

COVID presented a new challenge, because people (understandably) didn't want to go indoors to vote, and risk catching the virus. Therefore, several nonstandard ways of voting were added for exactly that reason. Now the Democrats want to keep these nonstandard voting methods permanently, because it benefits them.

It's all partisan bullshit. Democrats are trying to exploit COVID-related temporary changes and make them permanent, and are whining "suppression" and "racism" when they're being rolled back.

If people in your party aren't voting enough, that's your party's problem. The solution is to encourage them to vote, run get-out-the-vote campaigns, and put out the message about the need for more participation. The solution is NOT to create all kinds of absurd new ways to vote (many of which can be exploited by fraudsters) in order to cater to the lazy/apathetic wing of the party.

But look... I'm willing to concede that there are differing ways to look at this, and there are several valid opinions on this matter. But what I'm not willing to concede is that this is any kind of "suppression", and LOL at corporations trying to please their woke overlords by pretending to be outraged by the "racism" of the Georgia voting laws.

The whole thing is just so dishonest. Both parties try to jockey for laws which help them. That's been the case since way before we were born, and it's still the case today. To call this anything else is just plain ignorance.

Load Metric

That's the only reason.
    This is correct. What do things like the number of days of early voting, which days of the week have early voting, whether you can vote a straight party ticket and how many drop boxes there are have to do with voter fraud?

Answer: nothing. They are meant to suppress turnout and nothing more.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

That's the only reason.
    This is correct. What do things like the number of days of early voting, which days of the week have early voting, whether you can vote a straight party ticket and how many drop boxes there are have to do with voter fraud?

No, they are meant to be rollbacks of stupid measures which cater to lazy people who won't vote unless it's made effortless.

Most of this crap didn't exist before COVID, and was specially allowed for that purpose. The goal isn't to have the most possible voters. The goal is to provide everyone a reasonable and fair opportunity to register to vote and cast a ballot. If some people don't wish to expend the effort to do so, then they don't get to vote.

That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it should continue to be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

No, they are meant to be rollbacks of stupid measures which cater to lazy people who won't vote unless it's made effortless.

Most of this crap didn't exist before COVID, and was specially allowed for that purpose. The goal isn't to have the most possible voters. The goal is to provide everyone a reasonable and fair opportunity to register to vote and cast a ballot. If some people don't wish to expend the effort to do so, then they don't get to vote.

Most states have had early voting for a long time. Most states have had straight ticket voting for a long time.

voting doesn't have to be effortless, but there shouldn't be any unreasonable roadblocks to it either. Standing in line for 8 hours on a work day is ridiculous.

Load Metric

Most states have had early voting for a long time. Most states have had straight ticket voting for a long time.

voting doesn't have to be effortless, but there shouldn't be any unreasonable roadblocks to it either. Standing in line for 8 hours on a work day is ridiculous.

I wish we could all vote from our phones, but the system will be compromised. I want voting to be easy, but I also want it verifiable. We should have to show ID to vote.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

I wish we could all vote from our phones, but the system will be compromised. I want voting to be easy, but I also want it verifiable. We should have to show ID to vote.
    Internet voting is a terrible idea I agree.

Most of the changes being pushed by Republicans have nothing to do with ID.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Internet voting is a terrible idea I agree.

Most of the changes being pushed by Republicans have nothing to do with ID.

Well, I'm not a Republican. Officially NPA (No Party Affiliation - that is the term used in Florida for Independent). I think that voting shouldn't be an ordeal. You shouldn't have to wait in line for hours to vote. I have no problem with mail in voting, but it should be verifiable and the person should request it. Also, it should be postmarked by the day of the election. I do have an issue with ballot harvesting, especially when it comes to the elderly. Too much chance of fraud or intimidation.

Load Metric
    Biden now wants to pack the SCOTUS. Civil war is coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...t-packing-push

Load Metric

*** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

double post.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 04-10-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Biden now wants to pack the SCOTUS. Civil war is coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...t-packing-push
    I'm sure you'll be hiding in your basement jerking off to your gun collection like a huge pussy, like you were on January 6.

Name:  tumblr_pdl150UXD61t7zat2o1_640.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  120.4 KB

Comments

nunbeater: lol

Load Metric
    Druff is ready for civil war...

Load Metric

That's the only reason.
    That's nonsense.

There is no evidence that Republicans are winning because of suppression or inability to vote.

Voting is a right. Effortless voting is not a right.

If you don't vote because a bus doesn't drive up to your door, or because you can't use a drop box 24 hours a day, then tough luck. The opportunity to vote is there for everyone, and there are plenty of ways to do it.

COVID presented a new challenge, because people (understandably) didn't want to go indoors to vote, and risk catching the virus. Therefore, several nonstandard ways of voting were added for exactly that reason. Now the Democrats want to keep these nonstandard voting methods permanently, because it benefits them.

It's all partisan bullshit. Democrats are trying to exploit COVID-related temporary changes and make them permanent, and are whining "suppression" and "racism" when they're being rolled back.

If people in your party aren't voting enough, that's your party's problem. The solution is to encourage them to vote, run get-out-the-vote campaigns, and put out the message about the need for more participation. The solution is NOT to create all kinds of absurd new ways to vote (many of which can be exploited by fraudsters) in order to cater to the lazy/apathetic wing of the party.

But look... I'm willing to concede that there are differing ways to look at this, and there are several valid opinions on this matter. But what I'm not willing to concede is that this is any kind of "suppression", and LOL at corporations trying to please their woke overlords by pretending to be outraged by the "racism" of the Georgia voting laws.

The whole thing is just so dishonest. Both parties try to jockey for laws which help them. That's been the case since way before we were born, and it's still the case today. To call this anything else is just plain ignorance.
    Just about every other avenue of life continues to hone processes to make things more convenient for people to engage in. Georgia is a small snapshot of this. Nobody wants to stand in line all day to vote, so if a process can be developed to make it better and was tirelessly examined for evidence of fraud, the only reason to pull it back and add additional barriers is because the result was undesirable.

Yes, both parties jockey for laws to help them, and often the average American suffers as a result. More voter turnout should be objectively good for a democracy.

Less legitimate voters are going to participate in democracy as a result of Republican action. This is by design, and you're being dishonest with yourself if you can't admit that. You make a balanced argument otherwise; I just think it's needless to roll back methods that were thoroughly examined for fraud and none was uncovered.

I hope I would feel the same way if such methods led to mass increases in Republican turnout, but admit I would probably look to nitpick.

The impetus behind this was a Republican president being emotionally incapable of accepting a loss, and pushing a false narrative about rampant fraud, which culminated in equally emotionally compromised people storming the Capitol.

I guess retardation has its rewards.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric

Would many Republicans have wanted to throw out the results of the Biden/Trump election, believing in phantom "voter fraud"? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

Would many Democrats have wanted to throw out the results of the Hillary/Trump election, believing that Russia interfered and handed the election to Trump? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

See? It goes both ways. The fashionable thing to do these days is to find a reason to claim you were cheated, instead of just taking your L and moving on. I don't agree with that shit on either side.
    Are you actually claiming that the actions of democrats objecting to the Russian interference in the 2016 election is the same as the 2020 attempt by the republicans to overturn this past election?

In 2020, 66% of GOP house members voted to reject the electors from PA and 58% voted to reject the electors from AZ. If it had not been for the Capitol riot more states would have been brought to the floor for a vote on elector rejection that would have yielded similar results. Trump also directly pressured state leaders in Georgia to “find” votes and publicly called upon his vice president to not count the certified electors and send them back to the states.

The two aren’t even in the same universe. The main difference being that the republicans would have overturned the election if they could, regardless if no voter fraud had been proven. What you don't seem to get, Druff, is that you have a class of GOP lawmakers in power now that don't care about democratic norms. They want to stay in power because they believe their policies are better for the country then the dems. It doesn't matter to them if they don't represent the majority of the country. And this is why I keep getting back to the question of whether or not you want your policies in place regardless if they are not consistent with a democratically held election. Time to open your eyes and realize that the current GOP thinks they know better than the rest of us. You agree with their policies but won't specifically call them out on their move towards a more authoritarian state by arguing ridiculous whataboutism of "both sides do it".

Comments

Muck Ficon:

Walter Sobchak: this

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: In Druff’s distract-with-a-false-equivalence strategy, they *are* comparable! Have you figured that out yet???

Sanlmar: I can’t believe Druff actually wrote that.

Sheesfaced:

Jayjami: Torched him
    Last edited by BartHanson; 04-10-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

Would many Republicans have wanted to throw out the results of the Biden/Trump election, believing in phantom "voter fraud"? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

Would many Democrats have wanted to throw out the results of the Hillary/Trump election, believing that Russia interfered and handed the election to Trump? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

See? It goes both ways. The fashionable thing to do these days is to find a reason to claim you were cheated, instead of just taking your L and moving on. I don't agree with that shit on either side.
    Are you actually claiming that the actions of democrats objecting to the Russian interference in the 2016 election is the same as the 2020 attempt by the republicans to overturn this past election?

In 2020, 66% of GOP house members voted to reject the electors from PA and 58% voted to reject the electors from AZ. If it had not been for the Capitol riot more states would have been brought to the floor for a vote on elector rejection that would have yielded similar results. Trump also directly pressured state leaders in Georgia to “find” votes and publicly called upon his vice president to not count the certified electors and send them back to the states.

The two aren’t even in the same universe. The main difference being that the republicans would have overturned the election if they could, regardless if no voter fraud had been proven. What you don't seem to get, Druff, is that you have a class of GOP lawmakers in power now that don't care about democratic norms. They want to stay in power because they believe their policies are better for the country then the dems. It doesn't matter to them if they don't represent the majority of the country. And this is why I keep getting back to the question of whether or not you want your policies in place regardless if they are not consistent with a democratically held election. Time to open your eyes and realize that the current GOP thinks they know better than the rest of us. You agree with their policies but won't specifically call them out on their move towards a more authoritarian state by arguing ridiculous whataboutism of "both sides do it".
    Not only are they not in the same universe, Druff you have mischaracterized the reaction to the Russian interference. What many said after the election, including many Republicans, and which was CONFIRMED by the FBI and CIA, was that Russia mounted a psy ops/disinformation campaign to influence voters in Trump's favor. Very few if any said that the result of the election was invalid or rigged and should be overturned. Everyone admitted that Trump won the electoral college. The Republicans in 2020 were trying to throw out MILLIONS of legally cast ballots, and it was not just crazy people doing it, it was most of the elected Republican members of the House and some in the Senate too, along with a riot aimed at overthrowing the government to install Trump as unelected dictator regardless of the vote. HUGE difference. Not the same thing, not the same ballpark, not the same planet. False equivalence at its finest.

Comments

MumblesBadly: “Muh Russia”

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: Johnny Whitebread Republican Presidential nominee. You’re tearing this family apart.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/liz_cheney/status/1389225154639695881

Wondering if Druff thinks the GOP should oust Liz Cheney from her leadership role in the house because she didn’t speak out enough against Maxine Waters. Druff, will you support the 2024 republican nominee for president if that person states that the 2020 election was illegitimate, stolen or rigged? Is there any disqualifying attribute that would cause you not to support the nomination or will you support anyone that aligns with your policies?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think they should oust Liz Cheney.

The GOP isn't "all about" the policies, but the policies are what keeps me voting for them. I will not vote for the other side which pretty much wants to do everything I'm against.

Thread Information