Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

CPAC "just learned" that someone they invited has expressed reprehensible views.

If they're cancelling someone for that they should cancel the whole thing.
    I duped myself into thinking they were talking about Trump for a minute.

And apparently that's not a lincoln project meme, their theme this year for the entire conference is "America Uncancelled" lol
    America was uncancelled this year because Trump was thrown out of office by the voters.

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

MumblesBadly: Uncancelled

TheXFactor: TRUE

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Those "breaking away to support Trump will soon see there's not enough of them to win anything, and the "movement" will die. Nobody wants to be part of a movement which fails repeatedly.

How did Ross Perot do after 1992?

These people will be back. They're definitely not going to join the Democrats.
    Whatever happened to you wanting Trump “put down politically like a sick, like a 14-year old dog”? What could have possibly changed your mind??? Did that old dog somehow recover from that sickness?

Comments

big dick: .
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I duped myself into thinking they were talking about Trump for a minute.

And apparently that's not a lincoln project meme, their theme this year for the entire conference is "America Uncancelled" lol
    America was uncancelled this year because Trump was thrown out of office by the voters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Those "breaking away to support Trump will soon see there's not enough of them to win anything, and the "movement" will die. Nobody wants to be part of a movement which fails repeatedly.

Whatever happened to you wanting Trump “put down politically like a sick, like a 14-year old dog”? What could have possibly changed your mind??? Did that old dog somehow recover from that sickness?
    What Druff does here is campaign for the GOP rather than give a cool read of the political landscape. He obviously has strong feelings and that’s great.

There’s a little bit of denial at play.

He actually had a strong read on the Democrats and Biden but he wasn’t personally vested and he had clarity.

This might help with your Druff confusion

I’ve never listened to his “what is a real truck driver” riff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What Druff does here is campaign for the GOP rather than give a cool read of the political landscape. He obviously has strong feelings and that’s great.

There’s a shitload of denial at play.

He actually had a strong read on the Democrats and Biden but he wasn’t personally vested and he had clarity.

This might help with your Druff confusion

I’ve never listened to his “what is a real truck driver” riff.
    FYP
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Where did you get from the above that I wanted Trump back?

I do hope Trump goes away. I'm stating that the whole "OMG REPUBS GONNA SPLIT INTO 2 PARTIES" thing won't happen. If it happens, it will be temporary, and then when the new party is a fail (or Trump dies), it will return to a singular party.

Load Metric

I do hope Trump goes away. I'm stating that the whole "OMG REPUBS GONNA SPLIT INTO 2 PARTIES" thing won't happen. If it happens, it will be temporary, and then when the new party is a fail (or Trump dies), it will return to a singular party.
    If you are hoping Trump “goes away” and don’t think Trump forming his own party would break up the GOP, why did you say that you thought the GOP senators who voted to acquit Trump in the second impeachment trial did the “smart thing” by letting Trump off the hook, and keeping the door open for him to run again in 2024?

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

You are the first person in this thread to suggest a literal split. Of course that’s not happening. It’s hyperbole. Rather, the two factions are gonna punch each other out. You think this is some kind of team building exercise?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you are hoping Trump “goes away” and don’t think Trump forming his own party would break up the GOP, why did you say that you thought the GOP senators who voted to acquit Trump in the second impeachment trial did the “smart thing” by letting Trump off the hook, and keeping the door open for him to run again in 2024?
    Because that was the proper verdict in the impeachment. Trump did not directly incite violence, and did not call for violence. While I didn't like his behavior during his final two months in office, you can't use the "incitement" standard like this. That could be used for tons of politicians whose blustery rhetoric caused third parties to take it the wrong way and do bad things.

I can be against the impeachment while also being against Trump continuing to be a force in the party.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You are the first person in this thread to suggest a literal split. Of course that’s not happening. It’s hyperbole. Rather, the two factions are gonna punch each other out. You think this is some kind of team building exercise?
    I would prefer this wasn't happening, but that's the state of American politics today. There is the same punching match going on in the Democratic Party, too.

Load Metric

Because that was the proper verdict in the impeachment. Trump did not directly incite violence, and did not call for violence. While I didn't like his behavior during his final two months in office, you can't use the "incitement" standard like this. That could be used for tons of politicians whose blustery rhetoric caused third parties to take it the wrong way and do bad things.

I can be against the impeachment while also being against Trump continuing to be a force in the party.
    Name:  41E0D020-D116-49D7-B1AC-AB60A2608E0D.jpeg
Views: 226
Size:  78.1 KB

Comments

splitthis: Fuck that shriveled asshole

gimmick:

Load Metric

I would prefer this wasn't happening, but that's the state of American politics today. There is the same punching match going on in the Democratic Party, too.
    Lol muh whudda

Comments

Muck Ficon: Druff is a Trumper Humper. He just likes to pretend he isn't
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Mitch has TDS.

Really though, no logical person watched that trial objectively and walked away thinking Trump isn't responsible for Jan 6.

Load Metric

You are the first person in this thread to suggest a literal split. Of course thatÂ’s not happening. ItÂ’s hyperbole. Rather, the two factions are gonna punch each other out. You think this is some kind of team building exercise?
    I’ve suggested a literal split, not in some I think it’s going to happen way, but in a what would happen if the GOP actually stood up to Trump and tried to get him out of the way sense. What would happen is the Patriot Party or whatever you want to call Trump’s party would wipe the floor with party formerly known as the GOP. It’s not even close. It’s Doug Polk versus me in heads up PLO match.

This place is less crazy than the average comments section on Facebook, less crazy than the average GOP crowd, yet you put Trump v any traditional GOP candidate, and it’s

Trump-Almost every Trump supporter here

And put in whomever you want-Druff, maybe Daly, maybe you if it was a Romney or someone you respected, tellafriend, maybe a tonyB

For everyone outside Druff and Tellafriend, it would be dependent on the candidate and how you felt Biden did and it wouldn’t matter because it would lose 70/30 best case scenario

There is simply nothing close to it in Democratic Party. Biden just steamrolled Bernie, who is only crazy if you think his policies are crazy, he isn’t actually insane on a personal level.

Druff himself has called Trump someone with a real life narcissistic personality disorder, which is top of the food chain level mental illness, and he’s far and away the only relevant republican alive. Everyone else is so far behind him they are completely irrelevant.

So whatever you want to label the party, it’s Trumps party end of story.

Anywhere outside the NE, California, and maybe Utah and select areas in the Pacific Northwest, you put up an insane candidate who has the Q symbol tattooed on their forehead like a Manson girl with a swastika, they can have a platform of the earth is flat and Bill Gates wants to impregnate your children with a turkey baster full of adrenochrome, and if Trump gives them his full throated endorsement and says they are his choice, they easily win against a sane candidate and we watch Sean Hannity try to explain to us why the round earth theory is a product of left wing academic indoctrination.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL Hannity reference!

Load Metric

Mitch has TDS.

Really though, no logical person watched that trial objectively and walked away thinking Trump isn't responsible for Jan 6.
    Sane people who aren’t cravenly willing to enable a malignant narcissistic psychopath to lead the country rightfully should have TDS by now. It’s a valid political form of PTSD given the circumstances over the past 5 years that culminated in the events of Jan 6.

Comments

mickeycrimm: Romeney is poster boy for RINOism

Load Metric

The Trumpsters outnumber the establishment/neo-con republicans. They aren't going to let the tail wag the dog.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Talk all the different issues you want to talk. Trump's biggest base (faction) are the blue collar workers. For decades they watched in outrage as good American jobs went overseas while cheap labor poured across our southern border. Blue collar wages were suppressed for 30 years. It's still the biggest issue for blue collar workers. While lip service got payed to the issue by both the left and the right before him, Trump is only one who did anything about it. Thats why we ain't gonna dump Trump, folks. Fuck all you assholes that want to bitch and bellyache about it. You assholes don't give a rats ass if the working class dries up or not.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    The Republican plan to win elections is to STOP people from voting.

This voting thing must STOP.

If less people vote, Republicans WIN.

Comments

MumblesBadly: And even more extreme gerrymandering before 2022 midterms.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

The Trumpsters outnumber the establishment/neo-con republicans. They aren't going to let the tail wag the dog.
    Yes even McConnell said today if Trump is the nominee again he will support him. In the end they will all fall in line. There's no upside to breaking away.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information