Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There won't be a civil war. This will die down after Trump realizes that it's completely over, and that will be that.

I also have my suspicions about Lin Wood, who has given money to Democrats on several occasions over the past 15 years. If Lin Wood is a Democrat pretending to be an insane Republican in order to help Democrats, that's some next level shit. I almost have to give him credit.

Remember, 10 years ago there was talk about the party imploding when the Tea Party became a big thing. Then Republicans lost 5 Senate seats they should have won due to terrible Tea Party candidates winning the primary, and that was the beginning of the end.

Now you don't even think of the Tea Party anymore. Some of that contingent converted into Trump followers, but it's not really the same thing.

In any case, I think the bigger civil war will be in the Democratic Party, between the AOC type progressives and the old school liberals. It's already stirring given the cabinet appointments which are mostly Obama-era entrenched government types.
    Correct, the Tea Party is not the same thing. Movements like that can fizzle out without a figurehead.

A better comparison is the situation with Bernie Sanders in 2016. A lot of those voters felt cheated and sat out the election, or voted Jill Stein in protest. But Sanders mitigated much of that damage by throwing his support behind Clinton, and later Biden.

Trump will never "realize it's over and that will be that". He will go to his grave screaming about how this election was stolen from him. There will be no swallowing pride, being the bigger man, and doing his best to help the GOP in the wake of his defeat. He's taking his ball and going home. And he's taking millions of diehard followers with him. He may have even opened their eyes to the GOP establishment being "the swamp". Even sidedish is redpilled now!

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

rum dick: You hate to see it

Load Metric
    Donald Trump can – and should – be stopped from running in 2024

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tial-run-20204

This time they need to stop the bastard.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    There won't be a civil war. This will die down after Trump realizes that it's completely over, and that will be that.

I also have my suspicions about Lin Wood, who has given money to Democrats on several occasions over the past 15 years. If Lin Wood is a Democrat pretending to be an insane Republican in order to help Democrats, that's some next level shit. I almost have to give him credit.

Remember, 10 years ago there was talk about the party imploding when the Tea Party became a big thing. Then Republicans lost 5 Senate seats they should have won due to terrible Tea Party candidates winning the primary, and that was the beginning of the end.

Now you don't even think of the Tea Party anymore. Some of that contingent converted into Trump followers, but it's not really the same thing.

In any case, I think the bigger civil war will be in the Democratic Party, between the AOC type progressives and the old school liberals. It's already stirring given the cabinet appointments which are mostly Obama-era entrenched government types.
    Druff, you have been epically bad at predicting what Trump would do, as if he would magically stop being a malignant narcissist who has repeatedly abused his power as President to greatly enrich his family’s businesses, and is now facing a likely bankruptcy-inducing financial strain AND almost certain federal prosecutions for his many federal crimes if he leaves office without a valid blanket pardon.

So, regardless of whether Joe Biden is sworn in on January 20th, Trump has all of the incentives to keep up this stolen-election-conspiracy grift to (1) boost his chances of landing a lucrative media deal upon leaving office, and (2) so badly spoiling the public’s perception of his alleged unfair politicial persecution that it would be extremely difficult to seat unbiased juries in any criminal trials that may result from those prosecutions.

Comments

rum dick: Druff sucks at predicting Trump
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Question for PFA Republicans: who do you think will run on the Republican ticket in 2024? Who would you like to see?

How would you feel if Don Jr wins the primary?

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

Druff...Lin Wood isn't playing 4d chess. He's actually batshit crazy. Dude is on the tail end of a year long mental health breakdown.

Comments

sonatine: im so glad you quoted that for posterity. its going to age magnificently.

Muck Ficon: I think Druff is having a mental breakdown too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Question for PFA Republicans: who do you think will run on the Republican ticket in 2024? Who would you like to see?

What’s his stance on abortion?

I’m obv asking for a friend

Comments

BCR: I know he disagreed with that Alabama Dem who suggested his mother should have aborted him, so ill put him down as pro life
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-04-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

No he's not. He's just threatening to.
    I doubt that Trump would go through the Republican primaries all over again.
    Your missing the point. It’s an act at this point. Little bit of saving face. Staying relevant & being a brand. Harness the cult.

Primaries are something he can sort out on the fly.
    Also, they are raising tons of dough "fighting" the result of the election. If he can raise free money, Mr. Trump will not be letting go of the hold he has over the base, and more specifically the grass roots fundraising.

The story broke that the RNC spent 300k buying Trump Jr's book.

The Trumps are going nowhere.

Comments

Sanlmar: opportunity is always knocking

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff, you have been epically bad at predicting what Trump would do, as if he would magically stop being a malignant narcissist who has repeatedly abused his power as President to greatly enrich his family’s businesses, and is now facing a likely bankruptcy-inducing financial strain AND almost certain federal prosecutions for his many federal crimes if he leaves office without a valid blanket pardon.

So, regardless of whether Joe Biden is sworn in on January 20th, Trump has all of the incentives to keep up this stolen-election-conspiracy grift to (1) boost his chances of landing a lucrative media deal upon leaving office, and (2) so badly spoiling the public’s perception of his alleged unfair politicial persecution that it would be extremely difficult to seat unbiased juries in any criminal trials that may result from those prosecutions.
    There will be state prosecutions, not federal. There should be both. Then again he should have been removed by impeachment but the rule of law is decaying.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post

What’s his stance on abortion?

I’m obv asking for a friend
    The same as the stance of all Republicans on abortion: outlaw it for people without the money and connections to get it done under the table.

Load Metric
    Seems to be taken down

Load Metric
    wow ben garrison going through some things

Comments

TheXFactor: LOL.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

rum dick: Good Lord

Load Metric

Lin wood is a very successful trial lawyer here. They give $ to dems. But so do we all. It doesn’t define him.

Load Metric
    that retard actually makes a living practicing law? Guy is out of his mind nuts

Gotta admit it's really nice that trump went from being a huge problem for all of us to now just a huge problem for the republicans

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Gotta admit it's really nice that trump went from being a huge problem for all of us to now just a huge problem for the republicans

He's like the white Johnnie Cochran, only less talented.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Technically Lin made a living practicing law. He was mostly just a figurehead who relied on his partners to do the real work. It was a good system. Lin would go on tv, get some attention and sign some clients. His partners would represent the clients and do the all work getting a settlement or taking the cases to trial.

But Lin fucked it up when he lost his mind earlier this year. All of his partners bailed on him and he's just kinda been roaming around trying to get attention for the sake of getting attention ever since.

Tldr Lin Wood used to have a functional mind and law practice. He does not have either now.

Comments

big dick: NOW I KNOW. THANKS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Four years is a long time. Two years is also a long time. Remember, in early 1991, Democrats were grumbling that there was just about zero chance to beat George H.W. Bush in 1992, and nobody outside of Arkansas had heard of Bill Clinton.

Very difficult to predict now what will happen to the post-Trump GOP. Keep in mind that right now there's some chaos because Trump is still refusing to concede, and there's those two Georgia seats making everyone nervous.

Once this is all over on January 20, Republicans will probably start to coalesce again, with a common enemy in Biden and the mainstream media.

If the GOP somehow bricks both Georgia seats and loses control, then there might be some fallout within the party, and chaos might continue for awhile.

It's really too early to say.

However, as I mentioned earlier, the Democrats have a bigger problem, as the actual ideology of the party is the subject of an increasingly major battle. If the AOC-type crazies eventually win out, that's going to drive a ton of people to the right, even ones who don't really want to be there. That already happened somewhat in the 2020 election. I'd actually be a lot more worried for my party if I were a moderate Democrat, than I am right now as a non-MAGA Republican.

Thread Information