Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
There won't be a civil war. This will die down after Trump realizes that it's completely over, and that will be that.

I also have my suspicions about Lin Wood, who has given money to Democrats on several occasions over the past 15 years. If Lin Wood is a Democrat pretending to be an insane Republican in order to help Democrats, that's some next level shit. I almost have to give him credit.

Remember, 10 years ago there was talk about the party imploding when the Tea Party became a big thing. Then Republicans lost 5 Senate seats they should have won due to terrible Tea Party candidates winning the primary, and that was the beginning of the end.

Now you don't even think of the Tea Party anymore. Some of that contingent converted into Trump followers, but it's not really the same thing.

In any case, I think the bigger civil war will be in the Democratic Party, between the AOC type progressives and the old school liberals. It's already stirring given the cabinet appointments which are mostly Obama-era entrenched government types.
Correct, the Tea Party is not the same thing. Movements like that can fizzle out without a figurehead.

A better comparison is the situation with Bernie Sanders in 2016. A lot of those voters felt cheated and sat out the election, or voted Jill Stein in protest. But Sanders mitigated much of that damage by throwing his support behind Clinton, and later Biden.

Trump will never "realize it's over and that will be that". He will go to his grave screaming about how this election was stolen from him. There will be no swallowing pride, being the bigger man, and doing his best to help the GOP in the wake of his defeat. He's taking his ball and going home. And he's taking millions of diehard followers with him. He may have even opened their eyes to the GOP establishment being "the swamp". Even sidedish is redpilled now!