Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1842

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Media/left trying so hard to play up the anniversary of January 6. It's pathetic.

There might be a problem within the Republican Party if Trump tries to run in 2024. But we're not there yet.

At the moment, the real civil war is within the Democratic Party, especially as the old school liberals realize that the progressives are leading the party off an electoral cliff.

In 2022, you'll see a lot of cohesion within the Republican Party, and even the Trump-vs-non-Trump factions will mostly stay out of each other's way. That formula worked in Virginia in November, and it will work again this year. Democrats learned nothing from the 2021 beatdown.

I'm not worried about 2024 yet, given that we are actually in 2022, and might be a historic election for Republicans, similar to 1994.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm not worried about 2024 yet, given that we are actually in 2022, and might be a historic election for Republicans, similar to 1994.
    Aside from the trials it should be smooth sailing. Note the timing of the Jan 6th investigation/trials. Nov 2022

Remember, if it weren’t for Trump, Biden would never have been elected.

I heard something about Hillary today. Please, sweet jesus, not this shit again.

We need to move on and we won’t
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-05-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Load Metric
    Is the new dimension of a civil war with the Republican Party opening in reaction to Trump’s recent public support of the COVID vaccines?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Pretty much the GOP in a nutshell: a powerful senator getting thoroughly cucked and undressed by a propagandist at levels that would make even Druff blush.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Pretty much the GOP in a nutshell: a powerful senator getting thoroughly cucked and undressed by a propagandist at levels that would make even Druff blush.
    That little Joseph Goebbels will get what’s coming to him. Karma is a bitch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Cruz has become quite a portly gentleman. Orson Welles comes to mind.

Load Metric
    Cruz’s backpedaling demonstrates fealty to the defacto leader of the Republican Party, Druff. Cruz knows which way the wind blows. I’m not sure what weathervane you are looking at or who you are listening to.

Another odd thing I saw on the news the other day was Dick Cheney on the floor of Congress with his daughter. How he was allowed to be in the front row, I’ll never know.

Then I see the Democrats cheering Cheney, a Republican war criminal. A guy who instituted programs of surveillance, abduction, detention, and torture. This is Alice and Wonderland. Democrats cheering Cheney….. mind blown.

Yeah, we’re all good Druff.

Comments

country978: Cheney the war criminal rep

Load Metric
    I know, I know. In before you tell us that aside from a few character flaws like Cheney’s complete contempt for the Democratic process you liked his policies.

I do agree with you that Democrats are just as lost as the Republicans. They both suck right now. Even Hillary smells the weakness. Unreal.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Media/left trying so hard to play up the anniversary of January 6. It's pathetic.

There might be a problem within the Republican Party if Trump tries to run in 2024. But we're not there yet.

At the moment, the real civil war is within the Democratic Party, especially as the old school liberals realize that the progressives are leading the party off an electoral cliff.

In 2022, you'll see a lot of cohesion within the Republican Party, and even the Trump-vs-non-Trump factions will mostly stay out of each other's way. That formula worked in Virginia in November, and it will work again this year. Democrats learned nothing from the 2021 beatdown.

I agree with you analysis of the Democratic Party, but I am not really seeing the whole "cohesion within the Republican Party" thing.

It definitely smells like the Democratic Party knows their platform and policies have been a disaster, and the game plan for 2022 is for a "conspiracy" (hard to even call it this, as it is so in the open for all to see) of big tech, media, the federal bureaucracy and the Dem Party to do some kangaroo court shit going after Republicans legally (for Jan 6th and among other things) right around election time. So basically the gameplay seems to be to subvert the Democratic process.

Load Metric
    willie nelson is backing beto and country music fans are having a real moment with that.

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

gimmick:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    willie nelson is backing beto and country music fans are having a real moment with that.
    LOL, no. At this point Willie Nelson is known much more for being a pot head than any country song he ever wrote/sung. He is not any sort of right wing icon.

Load Metric

Can't remember a single solo effort from Willie i liked. I forget a lot though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Seriously? Did you not know this iconic country hit was Willie Nelson’s signature tune?

Comments

gimmick: still can't remember any song i liked
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Seriously? Did you not know this iconic country hit was Willie Nelson’s signature tune?

WTF??? This was supposed to be “On The Road Again”! Let’s try that again.

Load Metric
    Druff, when are the Republicans going to formally rename their party as the ReTrumplican Party given the calls among so many if them to require all Republican pledge loyalty to Trump?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, when are the Republicans going to formally rename their party as the ReTrumplican Party given the calls among so many if them to require all Republican pledge loyalty to Trump?

I admit the Trump fiasco has gone on much longer than I predicted, but I still stand by my speculation that the party will move away from him en masse the second they feel they safely can (which is looking like his death at this point). Let's not lose sight of the fact Trump's takeover of the Republican Party was a very hostile one and except for a few Boebbert type fringe players they all loathe and despise him; and their loyalty to him is very cynical and borne of fear mainly.

Comments

country978: well said

Load Metric
    He didn't surprise anyone. It's been well known in Texas and the country music world for decades that Willie is a flaming lefty. He's never hidden it.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    LOL, no. At this point Willie Nelson is known much more for being a pot head than any country song he ever wrote/sung. He is not any sort of right wing icon.
    Willie is definitely on both the Mount Rushmore of potheads and country music songwriters. He right behind Hank Williams and Merle Haggard in that regard. Plus, he wrote Crazy, probably the best country music song ever, and it’s the most played jukebox song of all time.

Comments

gimmick: well there's a willie song i like

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Willie is definitely on both the Mount Rushmore of potheads and country music songwriters. He right behind Hank Williams and Merle Haggard in that regard. Plus, he wrote Crazy, probably the best country music song ever, and it’s the most played jukebox song of all time.
    Crazy by Patsy Cline?

Thread Information