Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1842

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post
    Not looking good for all the people that are pro voter suppression today.

https://twitter.com/RepJeffries/status/1430310905691131904
    They’re not interested in liberty except for their own liberty to cheat so they can win, because they can’t win without cheating.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Team Retard is this true? The modern GOP is so fucked up.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Law and Order party, y'all.

LOL Team Couptard
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

LOL Team Couptard
    Their desperation to not be exposed as traitors is palpable.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

LOL Team Couptard
    Their desperation to not be exposed as traitors is palpable.
    Also their complete and utter lawlessness.

Load Metric

Comments

BCR: What a moron

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think this tweet takes the governors statement out of context since I did listen to this. Maybe he's the bad guy all the democrats seem to think he is, I don't know but its getting very hard to know what's true and what is not true when both sides report something and think nobody would take the time to listen to the spoken words.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    I think this tweet takes the governors statement out of context since I did listen to this. Maybe he's the bad guy all the democrats seem to think he is, I don't know but its getting very hard to know what's true and what is not true when both sides report something and think nobody would take the time to listen to the spoken words.
    There are transcripts of it. What exactly was taken out of context? He claimed to Minority Report style arrest future rapists by I guess thought policing, as if that’s a real thing, and what possible good does that do for a woman raped today?

Any rape law that doesn’t allow for a rape exception is a Taliban level law. Texas was the king of passing no sharia law legislation. I guess they meant for others, not themselves.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

There are transcripts of it. What exactly was taken out of context? He claimed to Minority Report style arrest future rapists by I guess thought policing, as if that’s a real thing, and what possible good does that do for a woman raped today?

Any rape law that doesn’t allow for a rape exception is a Taliban level law. Texas was the king of passing no sharia law legislation. I guess they meant for others, not themselves.
    Name:  33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png
Views: 227
Size:  48.8 KB

deranged leftie blueanon faggot

"what could the MSM possibly have taken out of context"

the detached from reality shitlib says

Comments

splitthis: Lolz

Load Metric

Having been raised Catholic I have been programmed from my own birth to oppose abortion. It’s a position I still side with - within reason.

However when I saw the Texas Governor today my impression was of a guy wanting to do a tough talking John Wayne law and order act for the bleacher seats. He was talking complete nonsense. It’s a shame.

I really haven’t delved into it but that’s my impression. You’d think there are no moderate Republicans anymore. It’ll be years before conservative politics returns to the mean.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Having been raised Catholic I have been programmed from my own birth to oppose abortion. It’s a position I still side with - within reason.

However when I saw the Texas Governor today my impression was of a guy wanting to do a tough talking John Wayne law and order act for the bleacher seats. He was talking complete nonsense. It’s a shame.

I really haven’t delved into it but that’s my impression. You’d think there are no moderate Republicans anymore. It’ll be years before conservative politics returns to the mean.
    It’s nuts. Some is performance as you said. Some is legit crazy. All of it must be swept from the earth.

Comments

splitthis: Ur legit crazy

gimmick:

Gold
    Load Metric

Having listened to what he said I don't believe he said he was going to stop rape and arrest future rapists. It was a little hard to follow I just didn't take it the way it was portrayed. I've almost altogether stopped watching the news so if I'm not current with the narrative about how bad Abbott is and why its for this reason. I'm fed up and disgusted with the constant fighting and the unwillingness of either side to consider the views of the other.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case you're wondering, the lack of exception for rape in the Texas law comes from the concern that women will falsely claim they were raped by some random guy, in order to be able to abort the fetus, thus wasting tons of police man hours and possibly getting dudes falsely jailed. So they decided to close that loophole, which of course is a terrible look.

Honestly I don't know what they're doing over there. Instead of highlighting all the states which allow late term abortion on demand for any reason, Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot by passing a law like this, and then defending it.

The proper strategy as the opposition party is to let the party in power beat themselves -- something Biden and the woke left has been very good at doing. Now the GOP has found a way to make themselves look like the bad guys again, just on the heels of Biden's disasterous Afghanistan performance.

Disappointing, to say the least.

Gold
    Load Metric
    You guys are being super dishonest. He is clearly trying to make some point that (in his mind) Texas is going to turn into Japan, where crimes are actually solved at a high rate, and this result in potential future rapists (who are already out committing other crimes) off the streets. I dont think this is a very accurate thought and there is any chance this actually happens, but it isn't that hard to track what he was trying to say.

It is certainly easier to track that than 90% of the nonsense Biden says when he tries to talk extemporaneously, so obviously the media continually giving Biden a free pass and playing "raised by wolves" here is just complete partisan dishonesty.
    Last edited by Kalam; 09-07-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am pro choice myself. But as some point you have to take at face value that people might actually believe voluntary abortions are killing babies, and dont see a distinction between killing a 6 week old fetus or a 6 week old baby. Once you accept someone actually believes that, the rest is pretty rational.

I mean, given the rest of their platform there is really no advantage for the Texas Republican Party for there to be a bunch of unwanted black and Hispanic kids ushering in a new crime wave, so at some point we have to accept the motives are genuine and it just is what it is.

I mean China allows voluntary abortions at any point in pregnancy, and many Muslim countries have the death penalty for any voluntary abortion under any circumstance. And I don't see Ted Wheeler and the city of Portland calling for boycotts of China or Yemen. So clearly when it is convenient, progressives can grasp that some people may just have different cultural norms and belief systems, and a lot of this is all just partisan posturing.

Edit: I should clarify that I am not sure that Texas Republican leaders themselves actually believe that abortion is murder. I suspect that a lot of them if their daughter got knocked up during a random 1 night stand would advocate for a quiet abortion. But the constituency they are catering I believe at some point we have to accept are genuine believers.
    Last edited by Kalam; 09-07-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Load Metric
    I think most guys don't give a fuck about this law, especially if their girlfriend/mistress/whore gets pregnant.

How about a law that says they can't sue you and they must leave Texas?

The one law that every Texan loves is the right to have as many guns as you want and to shoot black people on sight who attempt to rob you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In case you're wondering, the lack of exception for rape in the Texas law comes from the concern that women will falsely claim they were raped by some random guy, in order to be able to abort the fetus, thus wasting tons of police man hours and possibly getting dudes falsely jailed. So they decided to close that loophole, which of course is a terrible look.

Honestly I don't know what they're doing over there. Instead of highlighting all the states which allow late term abortion on demand for any reason, Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot by passing a law like this, and then defending it.

The proper strategy as the opposition party is to let the party in power beat themselves -- something Biden and the woke left has been very good at doing. Now the GOP has found a way to make themselves look like the bad guys again, just on the heels of Biden's disasterous Afghanistan performance.

Disappointing, to say the least.

The bigger problem is you have multiple other states now lining up to pass similar bills. Florida and Missouri both have said they’ll copy Texas bills verbatim.

With the SC refusing to swat away the Texas bill, if they stand by that choice, it will become the defining issue of a mid terms you were going to crush and kill you in any national election. It was the main concern when the court skewed so conservative, but didn’t materialize, but is now. It will mobilize women and liberals like nothing else could.

Load Metric
    Scoop: Manchin backs as little as $1 trillion of Biden's $3.5 trillion plan

https://www.axios.com/scoop-manchin-...827a61339.html

This is crazy. Senator Joe Manchin is a fucking Republican. President Joe Biden needs to grow a backbone and completely defund West Virginia. Cancel every U.S. government contract and fired every U.S. government worker in West Virginia.

Then renegotiate with the bastard.
    Joe Manchin is not the President.
    He is a piece of shit Republican Senator who needs to be taught a lesson.

Fuck you, you piece of shit motherfucker.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: This

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This was just such a dumb political move. Mobilizes the other side, takes a position where the majority of centrists disagree, and drowns out a big mistake made by the sitting Democrat prez.

If conservatives really want to attack abortion, they need to go for the glaring weak spot in leftist pro-choice dogma. Start highlighting all the blue states which allow fully formed, viable, healthy late term babies to be killed, even if the mom's health isn't in jeopardy. Then highlight all tons of other blue states which allow the same, provided the mom claims she's depressed. That shit will outrage a ton of people, especially if GOP operatives do some research and find some egregious cases of abortion-murder by women who simply didn't want the kid anymore.

Start hammering the point home that Democrats literally passed legislation to kill babies, and then challenge prominent Dems to take a position on it.

This was weakly tried in 2020, but never done effectively, and slick politicians like Pete Buttigieg basically shut it down with trite 1-liners.

In politics, if the opposition party hits hard where the party in power is weak, they do well. If they fail to do so, they lose. This was effectively done by the GOP in 1994 (credit Newt Gingrich for having a great feel regarding the optimal way to get this done), and a lesser version in 2010, though the '10 version was flawed because it was dominated by the idiotic Tea Party faction, which held back what could have been a much bigger beatdown.

Anyway, I feel much less confident of a huge 2022 for the GOP than I did a few weeks ago. Lots of conservatives are cheering this aboriton law because it's "finally doing something about abortion" and giving a big FU to the left, but they're missing the bigger picture.

I imagine this is how sensible Democrats felt when there was all of that idiotic talk about defunding the police.

Load Metric

Thread Information