Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Low energy. Deranged and committed to overthrowing democracy.

Thread can be closed, war is over.

Comments

mickeycrimm: MAGA 2024

garrett: this guys WOKE =)..

MumblesBadly: “Make America a White Supremacist Christo-Fascist Dictatorship!”
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Suck on it "conservative" Republican Trump supporters.

If millions are disenfranchised as the Republicans want, the country is over.

Fuck them. End the filibuster, admit 2 new states, pack the court and deny ANY federal funding to any state that suppresses voters.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Such as defense spending.

some user: all of the above plus tax the rich!!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Enjoy having him as your 2024 nominee. You'll lose even bigger next time. I'm sure Team Retard will say he won again.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Enjoy having him as your 2024 nominee. You'll lose even bigger next time. I'm sure Team Retard will say he won again.
    Trump and Biden will be dead by then, hopefully anyway.

Comments

mickeycrimm: So will ms. nightmarefish the old maid

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Trump and Biden will be dead by then, hopefully anyway.
    Druff is probably secretly praying for the former, but I don’t he wants to see a liberal Black female former prosecutor as the Democratic president.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I read that "only" 68% of CPAC attendees want Trump to be the nominee again. Only! If he runs nobody will be able to touch him in the primaries. He'll get crushed in the general though. Unless millions of votes are suppressed by the state-level Republican cheating they're planning. Any state that tries to suppress voters like that should lose the right to run their elections at all.

Load Metric
    I read that "only" 68% of CPAC attendees want Trump to be the nominee again. Only! If he runs nobody will be able to touch him in the primaries. He'll get crushed in the general though. Unless millions of votes are suppressed by the state-level Republican cheating they're planning. Any state that tries to suppress voters like that should lose the right to run their elections at all.
    God, you're awful. making people show up in person AND with valid ID isn't voter suppression

Load Metric

I've always been in favor of ID's, but how are the rest of these measures defensible?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I've always been in favor of ID's, but how are the rest of these measures defensible?
    Why? A valid state issued ID card or driver's license should be good enough.

You don't need a "voter ID".

Republican leadership in Georgia has come to an end.

So Republicans last option is to surpress the vote.

Stacey Abrams will become the new Governor of Georgia.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Interesting article by John Boehner on how the Republican Party became fully radicalized party of conspiracy theory loons

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...excerpt-478506

Panic Rooms, Birth Certificates and the Birth of GOP Paranoia
    How America’s center-right party started to lose its mind, as told by the man who tried to keep it sane.

John Boehner served as speaker of the United States House of Representatives for nearly five years (January 2011-October 2015), and represented the Eighth Congressional District of Ohio from 1991 to 2015. He now serves as senior strategic adviser for Squire Patton Boggs LLP. This essay is adapted from his book ON THE HOUSE, to be published by St. Martin’s Press on April 13, 2021.

In the 2010 midterm election, voters from all over the place gave President Obama what he himself called “a shellacking.” And oh boy, was it ever. You could be a total moron and get elected just by having an R next to your name—and that year, by the way, we did pick up a fair number in that category.
    Retaking control of the House of Representatives put me in line to be the next Speaker of the House over the largest freshman Republican class in history: 87 newly elected members of the GOP. Since I was presiding over a large group of people who’d never sat in Congress, I felt I owed them a little tutorial on governing. I had to explain how to actually get things done. A lot of that went straight through the ears of most of them, especially the ones who didn’t have brains that got in the way. Incrementalism? Compromise? That wasn’t their thing. A lot of them wanted to blow up Washington. That’s why they thought they were elected.

Some of them, well, you could tell they weren’t paying attention because they were just thinking of how to fundraise off of outrage or how they could get on Hannity that night. Ronald Reagan used to say something to the effect that if I get 80 or 90 percent of what I want, that’s a win. These guys wanted 100 percent every time. In fact, I don’t think that would satisfy them, because they didn’t really want legislative victories. They wanted wedge issues and conspiracies and crusades.

To them, my talk of trying to get anything done made me a sellout, a dupe of the Democrats, and a traitor. Some of them had me in their sights from day one. They saw me as much of an “enemy” as the guy in the White House. Me, a guy who had come to the top of the leadership by exposing corruption and pushing conservative ideas. Now I was a “liberal collaborator.” So that took some getting used to. What I also had not anticipated was the extent to which this new crowd hated—and I mean hated—Barack Obama.

By 2011, the right-wing propaganda nuts had managed to turn Obama into a toxic brand for conservatives. When I was first elected to Congress, we didn’t have any propaganda organization for conservatives, except maybe a magazine or two like National Review. The only people who used the internet were some geeks in Palo Alto. There was no Drudge Report. No Breitbart. No kooks on YouTube spreading dangerous nonsense like they did every day about Obama.

“He’s a secret Muslim!”
    “He hates America!”
    “He’s a communist!”
    And of course the truly nutty business about his birth certificate. People really had been brainwashed into believing Barack Obama was some Manchurian candidate planning to betray America.
    Mark Levin was the first to go on the radio and spout off this crazy nonsense. It got him ratings, so eventually he dragged Hannity and Rush to Looneyville along with him. My longtime friend Roger Ailes, the head of Fox News, was not immune to this. He got swept into the conspiracies and the paranoia and became an almost unrecognizable figure.

I’d known Ailes for a long time, since his work with George H.W. Bush in the early 1990s. He’d gone to college in Ohio, and since we had that connection, he sought me out at some event and introduced himself. Years later, in August of 1996, when I was in San Diego for the Republican National Convention, I ended up having dinner with Ailes and a veteran broadcasting executive named Rupert Murdoch. At that dinner they told me all about this new TV network they were starting. I had no idea I was listening to the outline of something that would make my life a living hell down the line. Sure enough, that October, Fox News hit the airwaves.

I kept in touch with Roger and starting in the early 2000s, I’d stop in and see him whenever I was in New York for fundraisers. We’d shoot the breeze and talk politics. We got to know each other pretty well.
    Murdoch, on the other hand, was harder to know. Sometimes he’d invite me to watch the Super Bowl in the Fox box, or he’d stop by the office. Wherever he was, you could tell he was the man in charge. He was a businessman, pure and simple. He cared about ratings and the bottom line. He also wanted to make sure he was ahead of any political or policy developments coming down the line. He was always asking who was up, who was down, what bills could pass and what couldn’t. If he entertained any of the kooky conspiracy theories that started to take over his network, he kept it a secret from me. But he clearly didn’t have a problem with them if they helped ratings.
    At some point after the 2008 election, something changed with my friend Roger Ailes. I once met him in New York during the Obama years to plead with him to put a leash on some of the crazies he was putting on the air. It was making my job trying to accomplish anything conservative that much harder. I didn’t expect this meeting to change anything, but I still thought it was bullshit, and I wanted Roger to know it.

When I put it to him like that, he didn’t have much to say. But he did go on and on about the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, which he thought was part of a grand conspiracy that led back to Hillary Clinton. Then he outlined elaborate plots by which George Soros and the Clintons and Obama (and whoever else came to mind) were trying to destroy him.
    “They’re monitoring me,” he assured me about the Obama White House. He told me he had a “safe room” built so he couldn’t be spied on. His mansion was being protected by combat-ready security personnel, he said. There was a lot of conspiratorial talk. It was like he’d been reading whacked-out spy novels all weekend.

And it was clear that he believed all of this crazy stuff. I walked out of that meeting in a daze. I just didn’t believe the entire federal government was so terrified of Roger Ailes that they’d break about a dozen laws to bring him down. I thought I could get him to control the crazies, and instead I found myself talking to the president of the club. One of us was crazy. Maybe it was me.

I have no idea what the relationship between Ailes and Murdoch was like, or if Ailes ever would go off on these paranoid tangents during meetings with his boss. But Murdoch must have thought Ailes was good for business, because he kept him in his job for years.

Places like Fox News were creating the wrong incentives. Sean Hannity was one of the worst. I’d known him for years, and we used to have a good relationship. But then he decided he felt like busting my ass every night on his show. So one day, in January of 2015, I finally called him and asked: “What the hell?” I wanted to know why he kept bashing House Republicans when we were actually trying to stand up to Obama.
    “Well, you guys don’t have a plan,” he whined.
    “Look,” I told him, “our plan is pretty simple: we’re just going to stand up for what we believe in as Republicans.”

I guess that wasn’t good enough for him. The conversation didn’t progress very far. At some point I called him a nut. Anyway, it’s safe to say our relationship never got any better.
    Besides the homegrown “talent” at Fox, with their choice of guests they were making people who used to be fringe characters into powerful media stars. One of the first prototypes out of their laboratory was a woman named Michele Bachmann.
    Bachmann, who had represented Minnesota's 6th Congressional District since 2007 and made a name for herself as a lunatic ever since, came to meet with me in the busy period in late 2010 after the election. She wanted a seat on the Ways and Means Committee, the most powerful committee in the House. There were many members in line ahead of her for a post like this. People who had waited patiently for their turn and who also, by the way, weren’t wild-eyed crazies.
    There was no way she was going to get on Ways and Means, the most prestigious committee in Congress, and jump ahead of everyone else in line. Not while I was Speaker. In earlier days, a member of Congress in her position wouldn’t even have dared ask for something like this. Sam Rayburn would have laughed her out of the city.
    So I told her no—diplomatically, of course. But as she kept on talking, it dawned on me. This wasn’t a request of the Speaker of the House. This was a demand.
    Her response to me was calm and matter-of-fact. “Well, then I’ll just have to go talk to Sean Hannity and everybody at Fox,” she said, “and Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, and everybody else on the radio, and tell them that this is how John Boehner is treating the people who made it possible for the Republicans to take back the House.”
    I wasn’t the one with the power, she was saying. I just thought I was. She had the power now.
    She was right, of course.

She was a conservative media darling and, by then, the conservative media was already eyeing me skeptically. She had me where it hurt. Even if I wanted to help her, and I sure as hell didn’t, it wasn’t a decision I had the power to make on my own. That power belongs to a little-known but very important group called the Steering Committee.

I knew there was no way the Steering Committee would approve putting Bachmann on Ways and Means. The votes just weren’t there. If I even pushed the issue, they wouldn’t have let me leave the meeting without fastening me into a straitjacket. But then, Bachmann wouldn’t go on TV and the radio to explain the nuances of House Steering Committee procedure. She’d just rip my head off every night, over and over again. That was a headache I frankly didn’t want or need.
    I suggested the House Intelligence committee to Bachmann as an alternative, and mercifully, she liked it. It would be a good perch for anyone wanting to build up their foreign policy chops for a run for president, which she was already considering— Lord help us all. None too pleased was the man preparing to take up the gavel as chairman of the Intelligence Committee, Rep. Mike Rogers from Michigan, an army veteran who had also served in the FBI. So I took my lumps from Rogers, and Bachmann took her seat on the committee.
    The funny thing is, Michele Bachmann turned out to be a very focused, hardworking member—even though she spent a few months later in 2011 on a short-lived campaign for president. She showed up to the committee, did her homework, and ended up winning over her fellow members with her dedication. Mike Rogers was impressed—and I have to admit, so was I. The whole situation ended up working out well for everyone. As one of those old Boehnerisms goes, “Get the right people on the bus, and help them find the right seat.”

In January 2011, as the new Republican House majority was settling in and I was getting adjusted to the Speakership, I was asked about the birth certificate business by Brian Williams of NBC News. My answer was simple: “The state of Hawaii has said that President Obama was born there. That’s good enough for me.” It was a simple statement of fact. But you would have thought I’d called Ronald Reagan a communist. I got all kinds of shit for it—emails, letters, phone calls. It went on for a couple weeks. I knew we would hear from some of the crazies, but I was surprised at just how many there really were.
    All of this crap swirling around was going to make it tough for me to cut any deals with Obama as the new House Speaker. Of course, it has to be said that Obama didn’t help himself much either. He could come off as lecturing and haughty. He still wasn’t making Republican outreach a priority. But on the other hand—how do you find common cause with people who think you are a secret Kenyan Muslim traitor to America?

Under the new rules of Crazytown, I may have been Speaker, but I didn’t hold all the power. By 2013 the chaos caucus in the House had built up their own power base thanks to fawning right-wing media and outrage-driven fundraising cash. And now they had a new head lunatic leading the way, who wasn’t even a House member. There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless asshole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Senator Ted Cruz. He enlisted the crazy caucus of the GOP in what was a truly dumbass idea. Not that anybody asked me.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Lol they are truly nuts

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There probably isn’t a single person in this country that is against maintaining the integrity of fair elections. However, there is no evidence of significant voter fraud that warrants the measures that are being proposed especially if it disproportionality disenfranchises specific socioeconomic and racial groups. Just because the NEO GOP says that there is “voter fraud” doesn’t make it true. They have never provided any significant evidence supporting their claims.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this

MumblesBadly: But whatabout Druff’s very illuminative hypotheticals showing outrageous levels of voter fraud by Democratic voters???

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    There probably isn’t a single person in this country that is against maintaining the integrity of fair elections. However, there is no evidence of significant voter fraud that warrants the measures that are being proposed especially if it disproportionality disenfranchises specific socioeconomic and racial groups. Just because the NEO GOP says that there is “voter fraud” doesn’t make it true. They have never provided any significant evidence supporting their claims.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So if Democrats hammer advertisements everywhere that they're going to be at polling places handing out food and water to people in line to vote, you think that's okay?

Because there's obviously some very big problems with that.

Load Metric
    So if Democrats hammer advertisements everywhere that they're going to be at polling places handing out food and water to people in line to vote, you think that's okay?

Easy solution: ensure nobody has to stand in line for more than 15-20 min, unlike the average of over an hour in many mostly black urban voting places.

Comments

MumblesBadly: But that would result in Democrats getting more legitimate votes! Very very bad!!!

Bronze
    Load Metric

I'm posting this again because it got buried in a Sydney Powell thread, and I'm unsure if you read it:

Druff, this is the thing I don’t get about you. I’m going to assume that you are in favor of democracy even if you don’t agree with party in power (correct me if my assumption is wrong).

Whereas its patently obvious that a significant portion of the GOP would rather stay in power and have their policies in place at all costs regardless if they lost a democratically held election. But you continue to support the GOP because you agree with their policies. So which is more important, the policies or the democracy? Do you favor a more autocratic type system if the people in power are more aligned with your political beliefs?

A good parallel would be if the GOP suddenly wanted to throw all of the jews out of the country. You would agree with them on almost all their policies, except the jewish exile, so would this be a disqualifying ideal for you to stop supporting the GOP? How is this any different from agreeing with all of the GOPs policies accept them not upholding democratically held elections?

And don’t kid yourself if you think that my premise is a flawed. Most of the entire GOP house were willing to throw out the results of the election.
    Last edited by BartHanson; 04-06-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Load Metric

Whuddabout this hypothetical scenario to balance out the actual flagrant voter suppression tactics of the GOP?

I don't get it?

Load Metric
    John Boehner threw Trump apologists like Druff under the bus.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Sorry, I hit red on one of your posts, that was meant it for a different post.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm posting this again because it got buried in a Sydney Powell thread, and I'm unsure if you read it:

Druff, this is the thing I don’t get about you. I’m going to assume that you are in favor of democracy even if you don’t agree with party in power (correct me if my assumption is wrong).

Whereas its patently obvious that a significant portion of the GOP would rather stay in power and have their policies in place at all costs regardless if they lost a democratically held election. But you continue to support the GOP because you agree with their policies. So which is more important, the policies or the democracy? Do you favor a more autocratic type system if the people in power are more aligned with your political beliefs?

A good parallel would be if the GOP suddenly wanted to throw all of the jews out of the country. You would agree with them on almost all their policies, except the jewish exile, so would this be a disqualifying ideal for you to stop supporting the GOP? How is this any different from agreeing with all of the GOPs policies accept them not upholding democratically held elections?

And don’t kid yourself if you think that my premise is a flawed. Most of the entire GOP house were willing to throw out the results of the election.
    The Georgia voter law thing is now split into two threads. I have been posting about it mainly in the other one.

Here's a writeup I did yesterday about the Georgia law, and why it's not "voter suppression":

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post970218

So yes, I'm in favor of democracy. However, democracy doesn't necessarily mean that we have to go along with every Democratic-formed modification to longtime voting procedures, or we're racist and anti-democracy. It means we have a different opinion on voter law.

Would many Republicans have wanted to throw out the results of the Biden/Trump election, believing in phantom "voter fraud"? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

Would many Democrats have wanted to throw out the results of the Hillary/Trump election, believing that Russia interfered and handed the election to Trump? Yes. Would that be wrong? Yes.

See? It goes both ways. The fashionable thing to do these days is to find a reason to claim you were cheated, instead of just taking your L and moving on. I don't agree with that shit on either side.

Regarding your example about the GOP exiling Jews, it's absurd and not worthy of a serious answer. But also note that, again, you're talking about policy here. That would be a MAJOR policy change, and obviously at that point I couldn't claim to agree with the major policies of the GOP.

As it stands today, I do agree with the major policies of the GOP, including most of the Georgia voter law. Go to the link I posted above to see why.

Load Metric
    More legitimate voting equals no more GOP.

It's unequivocally meant to make voting harder, despite every attempt to uncover fraud.

Babble away about calling it racism or suppression, it's just designed to make legitimate voting harder for Americans, because Republicans can no longer win otherwise.

That's the only reason.

Thread Information