Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

Banned
    Load Metric

*** Official Republican CIVIL WAR Thread ***

The GOP won the White House for 4 years, but at what cost? Republican lawmakers quickly learned that crossing Trump meant angering his base, and could get you primaried. And so they fell in line.

Now that base is the lifeblood of the party. And with Trump's refusal to accept the 2020 election results, it's causing the GOP to eat itself alive.

Republican officials in key swing states have insisted on doing their jobs and certifying the results. Millions of Americans that voted for Trump see this as a betrayal, as the majority of them believe that Biden did not legitimately win the presidency. Sydeny Powell has even suggested that the governor and secretary of state in Georgia might have been paid off by Democrats to help steal the election.

Senators Loeffler and Perdue are in an absolutely brutal spot. With runoffs looming, they have to choose between incurring the wrath of Trump's base or playing along with the conspiracy that communists and mexicans hacked the election. They chose the former and made a joint statement joint statement saying the election was rigged and demanding the Georgia SoS resign.

Comments

big dick: .

Banned
    Load Metric
    But PLOT TWIST, Perdue doesn't really believe any of that

Meanwhile, as election workers face death threats and conservative politicans face intense pressure to help overturn the results, GA Governor Brian Kemp is now backtracking. He had initially backed up his Secretary of State, who ran the most secure and transparent election in the country. But now...

Georgia Gov. Kemp claims GOP secretary of state has yet to order signature audit

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bri...ignature-audit

Banned
    Load Metric

Kemp had endured a lot of heat from the President and it looks like he's been whipped into submission.

So now there is a line drawn in the sand. You're either with the Qanon/Newsmax/Trump conspiracy theorists or you're against them. And it seems that cooler heads have not prevailed

How destructive can one man's narcissism be? There's still 6 weeks to go! BUCKLE UP

Load Metric
    I like reading the comments to their tweets. That tells me more than the politicians who are obviously going to lie and do whatever. Yesterday Kemp and that Geoff dude made tweets about bringing some corporation and a ton of jobs to Georgia. So I scrolled down to comments. It was just 90% negative. Fuck your jobs, who cares shit. I click on the people commenting to see if they are organic, or they are trolling like I would if I commented. They are largely organic with years long history of Trump support. Maybe 25% aren’t, and are having fun trolling. I still wouldn’t bet on the Dems winning either, as this shit has a tendency to motivate both sides, and it’s still GA, but it is a glimpse into the future and basically every race when Trump is playing kingmaker.

I am also curious what he does when he knows he’s out of options and the SC shoots him down. Logically you assume he wants to be a voice on the right for a whole lot of money, but his people love him, and we can have a much larger version of the freedom caucus with his people who made Paul Ryan just say fuck all this noise.

I mean their election is 1/5. If he’s going to go full tantrum mode and pissed at the GOP, that’s bad timing. He will know he’s out of luck by then.

Load Metric
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 1812
Size:  621.7 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    LOL what on earth is going on with the DOJ? Trump is publicly furious that William Barr isn't finding any hard evidence of major election fraud (because there isn't any), and now this...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There won't be a civil war. This will die down after Trump realizes that it's completely over, and that will be that.

I also have my suspicions about Lin Wood, who has given money to Democrats on several occasions over the past 15 years. If Lin Wood is a Democrat pretending to be an insane Republican in order to help Democrats, that's some next level shit. I almost have to give him credit.

Remember, 10 years ago there was talk about the party imploding when the Tea Party became a big thing. Then Republicans lost 5 Senate seats they should have won due to terrible Tea Party candidates winning the primary, and that was the beginning of the end.

Now you don't even think of the Tea Party anymore. Some of that contingent converted into Trump followers, but it's not really the same thing.

In any case, I think the bigger civil war will be in the Democratic Party, between the AOC type progressives and the old school liberals. It's already stirring given the cabinet appointments which are mostly Obama-era entrenched government types.

Load Metric
    The focus amongst the logical, substance-based elements of the party seems amiss:

The various presentations of Biden Derangement Syndrome surely will have to coalesce around protesting mask wearing come January!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Is it too early to start the Trump 2024 thread? Because it looks like he's running again.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Trump Republicans have destroyed the party with the finger pointing and name calling. Oh him - he doesn't like Trump? RINO. Dem. Libtard.

Add the QAnon conspiracy nonsense and it's impossible to identify with that party. There are two Republican parties right now. You could see a significant shift to the Libertarian party if this stuff persists.

I agree that the Democrats have a similar problem with the moderates and the young radicals but that seems more like a transitional phase not a splintering.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    The focus amongst the logical, substance-based elements of the party seems amiss:

The various presentations of Biden Derangement Syndrome surely will have to coalesce around protesting mask wearing come January!

just fyi to druff, i didn't immediately get the "lots of hair to sniff" reference. you might want to change it to "lots of hair for biden to sniff" cause you look creepy as hell

Load Metric
    also my god if republicans actually don't turn out to vote in this runoff. if trump's "rigged election" stuff leads to court packing, i will be the first in line to taste druff's tears.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There won't be a civil war. This will die down after Trump realizes that it's completely over, and that will be that.
    Unfortunately for you and I, your personal desire doesn’t square with reality.

Trump is the undisputed face of the GOP. He is enormously popular amongst Republicans. Cult? Whether he actually runs in 2024 is something he can ad lib when the time comes.

He loves the attention and he has power and respect. He will nurture or repair his brand. He is not quietly taking up needlepoint.

In fact, noise is an essential element of his act. Yeah, civil war.

You can and should quietly root for an indictment.

Load Metric
    Trump has always fucked over his business partners when their use to him ended. The Republican party, and America in a sense, are now his former business partners.

Comments

Sanlmar: Never heard this before but obviously a thing.

Load Metric
    Here is the GOP’s problem. If Trump is not in jail in 2024 he is going to run. His opponents can’t attack him without alienating the 25% of the party who are Trumptards, and they need these people to show up in the general election, en masse, to have a shot.

Comments

Sanlmar: Echo

Load Metric
    dan crenshaw hit the panic button this morning and called lin a democrat seeking to destroy the republican party from within and honestly if you could see the smile on my face...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Is it too early to start the Trump 2024 thread? Because it looks like he's running again.
    No he's not. He's just threatening to.
    I doubt that Trump would go through the Republican primaries all over again. The only way Trump would run for President again is if he is the only name on the ballot.

Trump is hoping the Queen of England will make him a King so he can rule his own country like the Falkland Islands.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    No he's not. He's just threatening to.
    I doubt that Trump would go through the Republican primaries all over again.
    Your missing the point. It’s an act at this point. Little bit of saving face. Staying relevant & being a brand. Harness the cult.

Primaries are something he can sort out on the fly.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information