Thread: baseball hot stove / free agents 2021

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

baseball hot stove / free agents 2021

some good players out there.

hope the mets get bauer, paxton and realmuto.

mets need another top of the rotation guy. it's imperative. really sad they didn't go after morton

if the mets don't go for bauer, which should be objective #1, they should pivot to paxton,,,imo they should get both.

realmuto is a no brainer...........doesn't even matter the cost. you fill a need and get a catcher that can catch and hit.

trade rosario and alonso..........sign gregorius, and lemaywho

whoever signs dahl is going to get a nice player as well
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

mets need another top of the rotation guy. it's imperative. really sad they didn't go after morton

if the mets don't go for bauer, which should be objective #1, they should pivot to paxton,,,imo they should get both.

realmuto is a no brainer...........doesn't even matter the cost. you fill a need and get a catcher that can catch and hit.

A lot of this is dreaming.

Also, trading Alonso is a mistake. Dude has 69 HR in his first 800 AB in the bigs. He's under team control for like 4 more years.

LeMahieu is an excellent hitter, but he will be close to 33 when the 2021 season starts, so honestly you're not going to get that many great years out of him.

Bauer is weird because he had a great 2018 and an even better 2020, but was mediocre in every other season he played, dating back to 2012. I think he'll be good in 2021, but I wouldn't trust him to be dominant for a long time.

Gregorius is overrated. I could totally see the Mets sinking a ton of $ into him and regretting it.

Dodgers are talking about trading for Arenado. I don't like it. He has injury issues, he's only a .793 OPS hitter away from Denver, and he will be turning 30 just as the season starts.

Justin Turner's expiration date is about to hit (he will be 36 in 2021), but they can probably squeeze out one more year from him as a starter, then put him on the bench in 2022, and he can retire as a Dodger.

Load Metric
    I mean, as long as Bauer can keep getting away with his version of cheating he'll be ok for a bit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

A lot of this is dreaming.

Also, trading Alonso is a mistake. Dude has 69 HR in his first 800 AB in the bigs. He's under team control for like 4 more years.

LeMahieu is an excellent hitter, but he will be close to 33 when the 2021 season starts, so honestly you're not going to get that many great years out of him.

Bauer is weird because he had a great 2018 and an even better 2020, but was mediocre in every other season he played, dating back to 2012. I think he'll be good in 2021, but I wouldn't trust him to be dominant for a long time.

Gregorius is overrated. I could totally see the Mets sinking a ton of $ into him and regretting it.

Dodgers are talking about trading for Arenado. I don't like it. He has injury issues, he's only a .793 OPS hitter away from Denver, and he will be turning 30 just as the season starts.

Justin Turner's expiration date is about to hit (he will be 36 in 2021), but they can probably squeeze out one more year from him as a starter, then put him on the bench in 2022, and he can retire as a Dodger.
    i don't think the mets will move alonso, but i have my doubts about him. he just isn't a good consistent hitter. i just feel he'll be a big power bat that will hit in the 200/240 range for his career. can he be a right handed adam dunn or will he be a richie sexon type?.....i just don't like shitty 220 hitters. so he better deliver 40 -110

i'm still bullish on gregorius. i liked him last year as well. it's rare to find a power hitting shortstop with a nice glove that can hit. he has good seasons left, and would make almost any team better.

dj was such a great yankee. he just hit and hit and hit. and went deep as well. he actually fits on the dodgers. this guy needs to be on a good team.

if i was the gm for the mets my main focus would be bauer/paxton/realmuto.....-......--please don't give springer a contract. that would be a huge mistake

and if i could get gregorious on the cheap and trade rosario for a sp/rp..this mets team gets even better
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I mean, as long as Bauer can keep getting away with his version of cheating he'll be ok for a bit.
    no doubt there is some risk with him for prolly a huge cost. but considering his upside and what he will prolly deliver, teams have no other option.

and if paxton signs with an NL team, lookout. he could outperform bauer at a much reduced cost

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    no doubt there is some risk with him for prolly a huge cost. but considering his upside and what he will prolly deliver, teams have no other option.

and if paxton signs with an NL team, lookout. he could outperform bauer at a much reduced cost
    It's actually a big risk for a team to sink a lot of $ into a starting pitcher. You never know how long they will remain effective. Even Clayton Kershaw lost his magic for a few years before vastly improving in 2020.

The Dodgers did it right by waiting to sink the big money into someone highly likely to play at top level for a long time -- Mookie Betts. Very unlikely that Betts ends up a bust. He will probably have a lot of excellent seasons, and then the final years of his contract will be poor value, but by then the Dodgers will have gotten a ton out of him. They already got a World Series title thanks to his presence.

Too many question marks for with this year's free agent class for long-term contracts -- either due to consistency or age (or both).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It's actually a big risk for a team to sink a lot of $ into a starting pitcher. You never know how long they will remain effective. Even Clayton Kershaw lost his magic for a few years before vastly improving in 2020.

The Dodgers did it right by waiting to sink the big money into someone highly likely to play at top level for a long time -- Mookie Betts. Very unlikely that Betts ends up a bust. He will probably have a lot of excellent seasons, and then the final years of his contract will be poor value, but by then the Dodgers will have gotten a ton out of him. They already got a World Series title thanks to his presence.

Too many question marks for with this year's free agent class for long-term contracts -- either due to consistency or age (or both).
    it all starts with SP. if you're the mets you will not contend without another frontline starter. it's that simple.

they tried to get innings/ swan song with porcello and and that other clown from stl. it was a disaster, especially that matz had zippo as well. 3 SP that couldn't get anyone out for them last year. none of them deserved to trot out there every 4 days.

at the very least sign paxton and hope he's as good as bauer.....and pay realmuto...easpecialy if bauer is too high

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    letsgometsgo

not really a big fan of the catcher they signed, (hope i'm wrong) but they already had a good hitting team before lindor

their only bauer away from being a legit ws team.

Thread Information