Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The woke left is a cult

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quick random thoughts...

- I agree with Druff in the OP, his points are spot on. This is why I am armed and believe in the 2A, these cult members are dangerous.

- I am on several gun boards as well and in all fairness, the hard core right members are also cult like. They will attack you for any reason if you dont fully agree with their thoughts or drink the hard core conservative Kool Aid.

- As time goes on, these cult members will get more and more dangerous and a threat you your personal safety.
    A man that can objectively see there are concerning crazy people on both sides, and doesn't turn a blind eye to the ones that he happens to align with politically. Truly refreshing to see. No whataboutisms, amazing.
    Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 11-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Load Metric
    People were saying that Mint Jewlips had vanished, but what if......

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Today's woke left has a lot in common with cult religions.

False sense of moral superiority. By joining the woke left cult, you occupy the moral high ground, and can righteously look down upon anyone with different beliefs.

Isolation from friends and family who aren't believers. People on the woke left are encouraged to cut off all contact with friends and family who are conservative, and to block their social media accounts.

Belief in punishment of the heretics. Since the non-woke are the embodiment of evil, they must be punished, whether via physical force, public humiliation, or ruining of their careers.

Silencing of dissenting voices. Non-believers are agents of evil, thus efforts must be made to remove their ability to spread such evil to the masses. This includes chasing speakers off college campuses, censoring social media, keeping conservatives off of fact-check committees, and not hiring conservatives into prominent media or social media positions. It also includes cancelling former allies who have gone slightly astray.

Complete unquestioning devotion. True devotion means never questioning any position taken by the cult, and always assuming they are well-meaning and correct. Even a disagreement with 1% of the platform indicates hate in your heart, and this cannot be tolerated. Leaders cannot ever be mocked, even as part of a comedy routine, unless extremely gently.

Deriving most or all of your identity from membership in the cult. It's not good enough to simply agree with the woke left cult, you must live and breathe it. Your personal happiness must be tied to election results, and the vast majority of your social media posts must be both uncompromising and political in nature.

Tell us Lena Dunham hurt you Druff...

Seriously though you're trolling right? No way someone as smart as you believes the above bullshit unless yah know you're the one who has been indoctrinated by a cult.

Comments

ToasterOven: druff is probably not very smart

Load Metric

Comments

Salty_Aus:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Howie Carr. There’s a name I haven’t heard in forever. That plagiarizing, lying alt right fraud. He could only prosper in the age of Trump.

Load Metric
    But he said this trait of a cult didn’t apply to MAGA

Belief in punishment of the heretics. Since the non-woke are the embodiment of evil, they must be punished, whether via physical force, public humiliation, or ruining of their careers.

Fired for doing a good job and executed seems it would fall under ruining of careers, punishment, and physical force

Load Metric
    Today's woke left has a lot in common with cult religions.
    As opposed to the 77% of Republicans who believe anything Trump says, including that he won by a landslide when actually he lost in a landslide.

Comments

SuperDegen: Making shit up gimboid

nunbeater: offset

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Same guy who worked for Dmytro Firtash... and his wife worked for him too.
    Y'all remember Firtash? guy on a hundred million dollars bail who tried to backdoor his way out of trouble with the State Department etc.
    He's a Giuliani associate with links to Lev Parnas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Fired for doing a good job and executed seems it would fall under ruining of careers, punishment, and physical force

These are politicians going after other politicians (or those working with them). That's not the same thing as Average Joe Democrat looking to cancel Average Joe Republican or Average Joe Democrat, which happens all the time on the left. (It also happens to anyone outside of politics who happens to be prominent in some way, where the woke left goes after their careers.)

If I had a job, I'd be terrified to state my political opinions on Facebook, Twitter, or even my own forum. I wouldn't be at all afraid of MAGA types cancelling me for stating that Biden fairly won. I would be afraid of the left pressuring my company to fire me for my unwoke opinions.

In fact, if I were on the left, I wouldn't be afraid of expressing my opinions on social media at all, even if I had a regular job. Aside from extreme rhetoric where people encourage actual crime, how often have you heard of average people on the left getting fired or passed up for promotions because of their politics? Just about never. But try posting mainstream right wing opinion on Twitter, and see how long you last at a place like Google.

It is intellectually dishonest to say that the right cancels people at the same rate and ferocity that the left does. Posting a few extreme outliers or right wing political figures eating each other doesn't prove a pervasive right-wing cancel culture.

Is Noam Chomsky wrong? What about those other 149 liberal intellectuals who also signed that letter? What about Bill Maher? How come all of them seem to admit that the left is cancel-culture-happy -- and far worse than the right?

We even have books being banned by the left now for challenging woke dogma about trans kids. Where is the current right-wing equivalent?

The denial going on here is very unfortunate.

Instead of saying, "But whatabout this one incident on the right?", how about agreeing that the far left of your party has become cultlike and obsessed with cancel culture, and that you hope cooler heads prevail soon enough?

You can still hold all of your liberal values and say that.

Comments

splitthis: Correct, we need to stay strong against the insanity

Load Metric

These are politicians going after other politicians (or those working with them). That's not the same thing as Average Joe Democrat looking to cancel Average Joe Republican or Average Joe Democrat, which happens all the time on the left. (It also happens to anyone outside of politics who happens to be prominent in some way, where the woke left goes after their careers.)

If I had a job, I'd be terrified to state my political opinions on Facebook, Twitter, or even my own forum. I wouldn't be at all afraid of MAGA types cancelling me for stating that Biden fairly won. I would be afraid of the left pressuring my company to fire me for my unwoke opinions.

In fact, if I were on the left, I wouldn't be afraid of expressing my opinions on social media at all, even if I had a regular job. Aside from extreme rhetoric where people encourage actual crime, how often have you heard of average people on the left getting fired or passed up for promotions because of their politics? Just about never. But try posting mainstream right wing opinion on Twitter, and see how long you last at a place like Google.

It is intellectually dishonest to say that the right cancels people at the same rate and ferocity that the left does. Posting a few extreme outliers or right wing political figures eating each other doesn't prove a pervasive right-wing cancel culture.

Is Noam Chomsky wrong? What about those other 149 liberal intellectuals who also signed that letter? What about Bill Maher? How come all of them seem to admit that the left is cancel-culture-happy -- and far worse than the right?

We even have books being banned by the left now for challenging woke dogma about trans kids. Where is the current right-wing equivalent?

The denial going on here is very unfortunate.

Instead of saying, "But whatabout this one incident on the right?", how about agreeing that the far left of your party has become cultlike and obsessed with cancel culture, and that you hope cooler heads prevail soon enough?

You can still hold all of your liberal values and say that.
    Once again, you defined cult in some weird way which also applies to the right. I don’t know any left or right wing people who spend a minute on twitter trying to cancel anything. They have zero effect on my life because I don’t give a fuck about some dorks on twitter other than to laugh at the occasional one, left or right.

You just made this post about the left being a cult at a time when we are witnessing the most insane personality cult in history on the right that is all about worshipping at the altar of Trump and total agreement with whatever he says, however idiotic.

That does affect my every day life as it’s a cult half the people I know have joined. You have nutjobs like split right here in the thread green repping you who think you are being manipulated into staying in your basement and wearing your mask. She thinks you’re an idiot being controlled by globalists while she isn’t. That’s your side. Those people live next door and all around me. They aren’t twenty something twitter people with a bunch of pronouns listed.

Your entire party leadership is afraid of offending his cult because they know it’s the real GOP. It’s the majority.

It actually is the same thing as your problems with the left, just 100x bigger. While Joe can’t come out and say these BLM protestors are idiots, he can say he’s against defunding the police and ignore them for any seats of power. These are people on the street or on twitter who are nutjobs. Completely unimportant.

The actual leader of your party is a nutjob. The leader of the GOP and the free world is on tv every day calling Brian Kemp and Doug Ducey enemies of the people, and saying the FBI and DOJ are working in tandem with Republican governors for some globalist agenda to defeat him. You want me to worry about some twitter clowns when the fucking President is the biggest cult leader and nutjob in the world? I mean, let’s get real. He’s the damn president and I’m supposed to get worked up by late shows I didn’t even know existed being mean.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Quality post

adamantium: game set match

gimmick:

Sloppy Joe: Druff is merely an aggregation of Team Retard twitter by now

Muck Ficon: :this

Walter Sobchak: BOOM

nunbeater: BANG
    Last edited by BCR; 12-01-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Load Metric
    Woke white male actors, writers and producers in Hollywood have been put out to pasture. They only have themselves to blame. They were the ones screaming racists, fascists, nazi's, the most about conservatives.

The first to the revolution are the second to the guillotine. The coup wipes out the establishment. Then the insurrectionists start killing each other off to consolidate power. Those that win the power consider the ones they killed off as useful idiots. When they become expendable they lop their heads off. It happens in every revolution.

So what happens when BLM, Antifa, Me Too and all these far left elite woke assholes take over Hollywood? Well, now that they've taken over the woke white male actors, writers and producers are out. Women and minorities are in. They get all the jobs. The white guys can fuck off and die. ONLY MINORITIES NEED APPLY!!

Now, a white dude can't even get a job as a janitor in Hollywood. And they are bitching and crying about it. Those woke white assholes have only themselves to blame. They were the ones screaming racist, fascist, nazi, the most. The first to the revolution are the second to the guillotine.

All you woke ass white males on this site better watch your asses. They're coming for you next.

Comments

adamantium: have another

Walter Sobchak: I'm not worried

Kuntmissioner: Hollywood still run by white males
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-01-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Who gives one fuck about Hollywood? How do they impact your life? You’re an old man in Montana grinding slots. How does the employment status of white Hollywood writers impact your life?

Druff wants me to ignore politicians that are in a cult that run the world, when those are people who make decisions that impact my life every day, and focus on twitter trolls and late night show hosts.

We are run by a cult leader. His decisions, and fear from other republicans to not offend him, impacts the health and safety of us and both our parents. Someone like split, and others like her, and that noisy cult having sway over decisions politicians make have a direct impact on the health of our loved ones, and I’m supposed to give a fuck about the cult of trans people on twitter, some tech leftists getting some right wing tech guy fired(when they usually did something idiotic and anyone smart keeps their shit to themselves at work) and late night show hosts mocking the right more heavily and that being unfair. I can’t think of anything in this world less important than that shit.

Comments

Kuntmissioner:

Load Metric
    Who gives one fuck about Hollywood? How do they impact your life? You’re an old man in Montana grinding slots. How does the employment status of white Hollywood writers impact your life?

Druff wants me to ignore politicians that are in a cult that run the world, when those are people who make decisions that impact my life every day, and focus on twitter trolls and late night show hosts.

We are run by a cult leader. His decisions, and fear from other republicans to not offend him, impacts the health and safety of us and both our parents. Someone like split, and others like her, and that noisy cult having sway over decisions politicians make have a direct impact on the health of our loved ones, and I’m supposed to give a fuck about the cult of trans people on twitter, some tech leftists getting some right wing tech guy fired(when they usually did something idiotic and anyone smart keeps their shit to themselves at work) and late night show hosts mocking the right more heavily and that being unfair. I can’t think of anything in this world less important than that shit.
    TDS placeholder

Banned
    Load Metric
    This thin-skinned baby is so triggered about trending topics making fun of his diapers that he's threatening to veto a national defense bill.

Banned
    Load Metric
    btw that bill passed 86-14 in the senate and is veto-proof.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Once again, you defined cult in some weird way which also applies to the right. I don’t know any left or right wing people who spend a minute on twitter trying to cancel anything. They have zero effect on my life because I don’t give a fuck about some dorks on twitter other than to laugh at the occasional one, left or right.

You just made this post about the left being a cult at a time when we are witnessing the most insane personality cult in history on the right that is all about worshipping at the altar of Trump and total agreement with whatever he says, however idiotic.

That does affect my every day life as it’s a cult half the people I know have joined. You have nutjobs like split right here in the thread green repping you who think you are being manipulated into staying in your basement and wearing your mask. She thinks you’re an idiot being controlled by globalists while she isn’t. That’s your side. Those people live next door and all around me. They aren’t twenty something twitter people with a bunch of pronouns listed.

Your entire party leadership is afraid of offending his cult because they know it’s the real GOP. It’s the majority.

It actually is the same thing as your problems with the left, just 100x bigger. While Joe can’t come out and say these BLM protestors are idiots, he can say he’s against defunding the police and ignore them for any seats of power. These are people on the street or on twitter who are nutjobs. Completely unimportant.

The actual leader of your party is a nutjob. The leader of the GOP and the free world is on tv every day calling Brian Kemp and Doug Ducey enemies of the people, and saying the FBI and DOJ are working in tandem with Republican governors for some globalist agenda to defeat him. You want me to worry about some twitter clowns when the fucking President is the biggest cult leader and nutjob in the world? I mean, let’s get real. He’s the damn president and I’m supposed to get worked up by late shows I didn’t even know existed being mean.

None of my post was concerned about a few freaks on Twitter saying mean things to me. Obviously I can handle that, because I run a forum with freaks saying mean things to me every day.

I think your proximity to a lot of crazy MAGA types in Ohio has led to your opinion that they're a lot more dangerous and influential than they really are. At the end of the day, these are people with no power and no influence anywhere. They're also not trying to take tangible action against everyday human beings. No rioting, no looting, no arson, no attempt to get average people's careers ruined for something they said on Twitter in 2011.

I'm not kidding when I say that I wouldn't be able to freely express my political opinions on Twitter if I worked in Silicon Valley, or even for a major corporation outside of Silicon Valley. How can you think this isn't a problem for the average citizen? Why should regular Joes like me be afraid to state their political opinions on social media if they have a job? I'm not even talking about being political at work. I'm talking about how I'd probably have been fired from any Siilcon Valley software job if I kept my mouth shut while there, but tweeted my right wing politics while at home.

How about the intense pressure put upon corporations, where they've been browbeaten into allowing/supporting obnoxious woke messaging? Did you see what the 2020 NBA looked like? Dreadful. I don't mind actual left wing companies (like Ben 'n Jerry's) taking such positions, but in 2020 we had tons of apolitical corporations repeating the BLM messaging out of fear of consequences for not doing so.

So yes, this is far more than a few idiots on Twitter bitching at people, and yes, it affects everyday Americans.

If MAGA followers are such cultists, why don't we see much violence from them? Why aren't they chasing down left-wing speakers and silencing them? Why aren't they disowning friends and family who voted for Biden?

You only see this type of crazy behavior on the left, for the most part.

Remember all of the business owners boarding everything up on election day? They weren't doing it because they feared the consequences of a Biden win. That should tell you a lot.

That's what cults do. They cause their followers to isolate themselves from the non-believers and the doubters, even close friends and family. They justify violence and other harsh consequences against the heretics. They demand full ideological compliance -- not just from the leaders, but from all followers.

That's today's left. Today's MAGA right is more a dedicated group of followers who treat their leader like an infallible hero. That's not healthy either, but it's missing the cultist elements of isolation and punishing non-believers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

None of my post was concerned about a few freaks on Twitter saying mean things to me. Obviously I can handle that, because I run a forum with freaks saying mean things to me every day.

I think your proximity to a lot of crazy MAGA types in Ohio has led to your opinion that they're a lot more dangerous and influential than they really are. At the end of the day, these are people with no power and no influence anywhere. They're also not trying to take tangible action against everyday human beings. No rioting, no looting, no arson, no attempt to get average people's careers ruined for something they said on Twitter in 2011.

I'm not kidding when I say that I wouldn't be able to freely express my political opinions on Twitter if I worked in Silicon Valley, or even for a major corporation outside of Silicon Valley. How can you think this isn't a problem for the average citizen? Why should regular Joes like me be afraid to state their political opinions on social media if they have a job? I'm not even talking about being political at work. I'm talking about how I'd probably have been fired from any Siilcon Valley software job if I kept my mouth shut while there, but tweeted my right wing politics while at home.

How about the intense pressure put upon corporations, where they've been browbeat into allowing/supporting obnoxious woke messaging? Did you see what the 2020 NBA looked like? Dreadful. I don't mind actual left wing companies (like Ben 'n Jerry's) taking such positions, but in 2020 we had tons of apolitical corporations repeating the BLM messaging out of fear of consequences for not doing so.

So yes, this is far more than a few idiots on Twitter bitching at people, and yes, it affects everyday Americans.

If MAGA followers are such cultists, why don't we see much violence from them? Why aren't they chasing down left-wing speakers and silencing them? Why aren't they disowning friends and family who voted for Biden?

You only see this type of crazy behavior on the left, for the most part.

Remember all of the business owners boarding everything up on election day? They weren't doing it because they feared the consequences of a Biden win. That should tell you a lot.

That's what cults do. They cause their followers to isolate themselves from the non-believers and the doubters, even close friends and family. They justify violence and other harsh consequences against the heretics. They demand full ideological compliance -- not just from the leaders, but from all followers.

That's today's left. Today's MAGA right is more a dedicated group of followers who treat their leader like an infallible hero. That's not healthy either, but it's missing the cultist elements of isolation and punishing non-believers.
    The fact that you take Twitter seriously is enough. Twitter is an app. Nothing more.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think I see the disconnect here, though.

Trump acts more like a cult leader, but his supporters don't really act in a cultish manner. They don't isolate from others, they don't punish the heretics, they don't commit acts of violence in the name of their cult.

The woke left acts like a group of cult followers (see original post), but with no clear leader.

So it's much easier to call MAGA types cultists, since they have an identifiable leader they follow. However, the behavior itself from the woke left is MUCH more cult-like, and even some liberals are waking up to this (though apparently not on this forum, sadly).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think I see the disconnect here, though.

Trump acts more like a cult leader, but his supporters don't really act in a cultish manner. They don't isolate from others, they don't punish the heretics, they don't commit acts of violence in the name of their cult.

The woke left acts like a group of cult followers (see original post), but with no clear leader.

So it's much easier to call MAGA types cultists, since they have an identifiable leader they follow. However, the behavior itself from the woke left is MUCH more cult-like, and even some liberals are waking up to this (though apparently not on this forum, sadly).
    On October 8, 2020, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) announced the arrests of 13 suspects accused of plotting to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, the Governor of Michigan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The fact that you take Twitter seriously is enough. Twitter is an app. Nothing more.
    If I worked for someone else, I'd have to take Twitter very seriously. Otherwise I'd get fired for tweeting non-woke opinions.

Thread Information