Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The woke left is a cult

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The woke left is a cult

Today's woke left has a lot in common with cult religions.

False sense of moral superiority. By joining the woke left cult, you occupy the moral high ground, and can righteously look down upon anyone with different beliefs.

Isolation from friends and family who aren't believers. People on the woke left are encouraged to cut off all contact with friends and family who are conservative, and to block their social media accounts.

Belief in punishment of the heretics. Since the non-woke are the embodiment of evil, they must be punished, whether via physical force, public humiliation, or ruining of their careers.

Silencing of dissenting voices. Non-believers are agents of evil, thus efforts must be made to remove their ability to spread such evil to the masses. This includes chasing speakers off college campuses, censoring social media, keeping conservatives off of fact-check committees, and not hiring conservatives into prominent media or social media positions. It also includes cancelling former allies who have gone slightly astray.

Complete unquestioning devotion. True devotion means never questioning any position taken by the cult, and always assuming they are well-meaning and correct. Even a disagreement with 1% of the platform indicates hate in your heart, and this cannot be tolerated. Leaders cannot ever be mocked, even as part of a comedy routine, unless extremely gently.

Deriving most or all of your identity from membership in the cult. It's not good enough to simply agree with the woke left cult, you must live and breathe it. Your personal happiness must be tied to election results, and the vast majority of your social media posts must be both uncompromising and political in nature.

Comments

JimmyG_415: LOL, The right has allegiance to one man= cult............I do agree w/2 Because you guys sound like nut jobs just repeating what Trump says. "No one is Tougher on Russia than Donald J Trump",,,,right,,lol

dwai: retard offset

hutmaster: Sounds like every

1marley1: But he has bullet points...

Jayjami: Calm down Karen, the country will be just fine

rum dick: Lol you've literally identified the traits of the cult of trump, ie the majority of the gop

nunbeater: lol this is such complete bullshit

Sanlmar: You need to learn needlepoint or bread making

SuperDegen:

splitthis: You are correct

Load Metric
    Trumpism is a fucking CULT.

Druff has been involved in a cult for the past four years.

Don't worry, you're cult leader will be gone soon.

Comments

JimmyG_415: 100%

dwai: retard offset

1marley1: retard onset

rum dick: Yuuuup

duped_samaritan: yes

nunbeater: MAGA

Load Metric
    Maybe? It’s a far bigger cult on the right. Not even close. I could provide better examples for each of those traits listed on the right. And I could do it without having to look hard, as it’s the damn near majority of your current party. I giggled at Bart, a conservative, kind of going quiet after he pointed that out to you the other night. The MAGA cult wiped the floor with traditional conservatives and the traditional GOP trembles in fear of offending dear leader. The woke left can’t even get a cabinet appointment after a won election. Night and day as to their influence.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Maybe? It’s a far bigger cult on the right. Not even close. I could provide better examples for each of those traits listed on the right. And I could do it without having to look hard, as it’s the damn near majority of your current party. I giggled at Bart, a conservative, kind of going quiet after he pointed that out to you the other night. The MAGA cult wiped the floor with traditional conservatives and the traditional GOP trembles in fear of offending dear leader. The woke left can’t even get a cabinet appointment after a won election. Night and day as to their influence.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 635
Size:  621.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 635
Size:  621.7 KB
    You agree with me is the funny part. You say the GOP was Trump and the party is dead.

Comments

dwai: pretty much

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    See, I disagree.

Of the 6 elements I posted, I'll give you that #1, 5, and 6 also apply to MAGA fanatics.

However, the other three elements don't. It's fairly uncommon for a Trump supporter to abandon friends and family because they're Democrats (usually it's the other way around), and you never see left-wing speakers chased off campuses or silenced in any other venue. In general, there's no conservative movement to silence left-wing speech at all.

There also isn't a large degree of inter-party ideological intolerance. Sure, the MAGA types are fanatics and can't be reasoned with, but I deal with them all the time in conservative Facebook groups and Twitter, and our disagreements are very unenthusiastic. I state my view, they state theirs, we attempt to convince each other, and eventually both give up.
    But rarely does it degenerate into insults or emotional bickering. This is because even MAGA fanatics can recognize someone mostly on their side, and they don't see me as a heretic when I can't go along with everything.

You also don't see conservatives trying to get liberals fired/cancelled over what they wrote on Twitter in 2011.

The right tends to think the left is wrong, and the left tends to think the right is evil. It's a lot easier to keep emotion out of political arguments with someone you think is wrong, as opposed to someone you think is evil.

You should see the difference in the way Facebook people talk to me when they're right-wingers arguing with me versus left-wingers. So often the left-wingers approach me with instant hatred and disdain, and when I don't let them run me over with smug pseudo-intellectualism, it almost always leads to insults and accusations.

The woke left brutally goes after the moderate left whenever they disagree on something. Accusations of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc...

MAGA types can appear to be cultists because of their devotion to one outspoken leader. However, if you look at it closely, you'll see that the woke left has become more cult-like overall.

Comments

splitthis: Correct

Load Metric
    ok boomer.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dan druff - the guy who doesn’t want his site to be a political forum.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol

Load Metric
    Generally a cult is defined by allegiance to a charismatic leader who has all the answers. That’s the entirety of the Trump movement. I’m the only guy who can fix...

I’ve seen complete ostracism of people here where I live for even suggesting Covid is serious. All the conservatives dropping them off Facebook. I’ve seen them calling for taking up arms, civil war, saying anyone who voted for Biden is a pedophile. That’s every day.

Even here on this site. who basically makes it personal and calls you crazy, a pussy living in your basement, mentally ill, for making the decision to ride it out at home?

It’s not those who disagree with you politically. You can agree with your allies on 80% of issues, but since you dare to take this seriously, you violate Trump ideology and it’s a thread full of people who voted the same way as you, that you’re more successful and smarter than, calling you mentally ill and a pussy.

Explain to me the distinction? Some feminist on twitter isn’t for trans rights if it violates women’s rights. The woke left goes after them and calls them whatever.

People you provide a forum for, AT A LOSS, who you argue for the right better than they can because they’re not very smart, immediately lose their mind and it’s a thread full of insults hurled at you for breaking with a Trump tenet. Both are cultish behavior. One is just far more prevalent.

One you need to go find on twitter. The other, you can find half a dozen here to insult you on your own forum.

I could list off a thousand examples of all these points on the right.

Comments

gimmick:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The far left and far right are both cults. If you’re arguing only one is then you’re an active member of the other.

Load Metric
    maga people (the kind that go to rallies) are legit jonestown cultists who would kill themselves if trump asked them to. there is nothing similar to that on the left.

there is no singular force that can unite the left like that.

taking the maga cultists aside, i agree with druff that leftists are more likely to disown you for your views than standard koch brothers' style republicans.

Load Metric
    Generally a cult is defined by allegiance to a charismatic leader who has all the answers. That’s the entirety of the Trump movement. I’m the only guy who can fix...

I’ve seen complete ostracism of people here where I live for even suggesting Covid is serious. All the conservatives dropping them off Facebook. I’ve seen them calling for taking up arms, civil war, saying anyone who voted for Biden is a pedophile. That’s every day.

Even here on this site. who basically makes it personal and calls you crazy, a pussy living in your basement, mentally ill, for making the decision to ride it out at home?

It’s not those who disagree with you politically. You can agree with your allies on 80% of issues, but since you dare to take this seriously, you violate Trump ideology and it’s a thread full of people who voted the same way as you, that you’re more successful and smarter than, calling you mentally ill and a pussy.

Explain to me the distinction? Some feminist on twitter isn’t for trans rights if it violates women’s rights. The woke left goes after them and calls them whatever.

People you provide a forum for, AT A LOSS, who you argue for the right better than they can because they’re not very smart, immediately lose their mind and it’s a thread full of insults hurled at you for breaking with a Trump tenet. Both are cultish behavior. One is just far more prevalent.

One you need to go find on twitter. The other, you can find half a dozen here to insult you on your own forum.

I could list off a thousand examples of all these points on the right.
    That’s pretty funny. His own forum offers evidence of the Trump cult.

On a side note, I stumbled onto the “The Reagans” on Amazon Prime. Made in 2003?

Reagan was my introduction into conservative politics. He influenced a whole generation to come. However, I just couldn’t press play. James Brolin as Reagan? Babs Streisand’s husband? I have good radar for cringe and it was on full alert. Do you know anything about this documentary?

If Biden dies in office, Druff, you have no one to blame but Trump. The rare guy who could fuck up incumbency. He too will affect a generation of politics. Unintentionally. The only out for conservatism would have been a bullet. We weren’t that lucky.

Similarly, if Biden dies in office the State funeral and all the media mourning will lock up Democrat’s for a decade.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-30-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    maga people (the kind that go to rallies) are legit jonestown cultists who would kill themselves if trump asked them to. there is nothing similar to that on the left.

there is no singular force that can unite the left like that.

taking the maga cultists aside, i agree with druff that leftists are more likely to disown you for your views than standard koch brothers' style republicans.
    Give AOC 10 years to become more polished and build her army. You’ll have crazy fucks ready to do whatever she bids.

Load Metric
    Quick random thoughts...

- I agree with Druff in the OP, his points are spot on. This is why I am armed and believe in the 2A, these cult members are dangerous.

- I am on several gun boards as well and in all fairness, the hard core right members are also cult like. They will attack you for any reason if you dont fully agree with their thoughts or drink the hard core conservative Kool Aid.

- As time goes on, these cult members will get more and more dangerous and a threat you your personal safety.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 11-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    MAGATARDS are their own rare breed, but ultimately harmless and powerless.

The WOKE LEFT is only gaining power and strength.

They run and influence traditional and social media, education, local government and bureaucracy.

People in power are tripping over themselves to declare allegiance to BLM, it is the ultimate in in group virtue signaling.

Their bully tactics, and willingness to engage in violence has been validated by the results of the election.

I'm for freedom of speech, thought and movement. I believe in merit, and treating people based on the content of their character, not their skin color. I'm anti censorship and pro capitalism. In woke circles, this would make me a Nazi.

Looking forward to the day Trump is gone, and we can talk about the dangers of wokeism without his name polluting the discussion.

Load Metric
    Lot of delusional people in this thread.

Both parties are a cult. Same church different pew.

Comments

rum dick: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    MAGATARDS are their own rare breed, but ultimately harmless and powerless.

The WOKE LEFT is only gaining power and strength.
    You make two good points there I want to respond to. The MEGA folks are harmless because they believe in following the law and the proper channels of gov and authority will do the right things and make the right decisions. Ex- Build a wall, immigration, military, foreign policies, etc.

The woke left is getting bigger and more powerful....Why- because no one is checking them on their BS, riots, civil unrest and major social issues. Eventually, they will get a slap down some where, but right now, they are the bad child that doesnt get disciplined and the bad behavior keeps going and going.

Solution- Dont know. But Biden and Kamel Toe are not the solution.

Comments

nightmarefish:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quick random thoughts...

- I agree with Trump in the OP, his points are spot on. This is why I am armed and believe in the 2A, these cult members are dangerous.

- I am on several gun boards as well and in all fairness, the hard core right members are also cult like. They will attack you for any reason if you dont fully agree with their thoughts or drink the hard core conservative Kool Aid.

- As time goes on, these cult members will get more and more dangerous and a threat you your personal safety.
    A man that can objectively see there are concerning crazy people on both sides, and doesn't turn a blind eye to the ones that he happens to align with politically. Truly refreshing to see. No whataboutisms, amazing.

Load Metric
    politardalert.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    sites available todger maybe you can even run that one at a profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Thread Information