Thread: WSOP Deepstacks floorman Casey Jones dies of heart attack at age 29

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

WSOP Deepstacks floorman Casey Jones dies of heart attack at age 29

On Thursday, August 2, Casey Jones fell into a coma while travelling through New Mexico. He has remained in ICU in Las Cruces, without improvement since that time. As his family has gathered around him, the doctors have broken the sad news that there is little or no hope for any sort of recovery.

Today Casey passed away.

Casey was only 29 years old

Casey, as an independent, travelling poker dealer and supervisor, worked hard to provide a future for his young family, but like most of the people in that field didn't have the luxury of health or life insurance.

Casey loved his family (especially his 3 years old twins Sadie and Kennedy), his career, sports (especially basketball) and his friends.
    Didn't know him, but supposedly he was one of the supervisors of the WSOP Deepstacks tournaments over the past few years.

Despite the weird "fell into a coma while traveling" language, it has been said that he actually had a heart attack while sleeping.

Comments

shoeshine box: a Decent man,..he had just left Reno..Glad I saw him that morning in elev. RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Didn't know him, but supposedly he was one of the supervisors of the WSOP Deepstacks tournaments over the past few years.

Despite the weird "fell into a coma while traveling" language, it has been said that he actually had a heart attack while sleeping.

read significant coke habit made possible by unsuspecting WSOP participant fees

laughed all the way to the hospital

:whocares

HONESTLY IF I DIE TONIGHT/TOMORROW DO YOU GIVE A SHIT? Naw I don't think so......
    why so harsh Les he had two little girls you can help here

http://www.giveforward.com/caseyjones
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

read significant coke habit made possible by unsuspecting WSOP participant fees

laughed all the way to the hospital

:whocares

HONESTLY IF I DIE TONIGHT/TOMORROW DO YOU GIVE A SHIT? Naw I don't think so......

I have to agree with Limitles' sentiment here. Thousands of people die every single day with pomp or fanfare. Why are we expected to care about this one unknown guy just because he was on the fringes of the poker community? I played in a couple of those deepstacks and I have a small child. If I die today of a heart attack at 30, I highly doubt that you guys are clammoring to donate to my memorial fund (dont use me as the example, just a random poker player, dealer, etc).
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I have to agree with Limitles' sentiment here. Thousands of people die every single day with pomp or fanfare. Why are we expected to care about this one unknown guy just because he was on the fringes of the poker community? I played in a couple of those deepstacks and I have a small child. If I die today of a heart attack at 30, I highly doubt that you guys are clammoring to donate to my memorial fund (dont use me as the example, just a random poker player, dealer, etc).
    Name:  8e31328a-b825-4686-aa68-3f1b7515a94f.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  34.9 KB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric

Load Metric

His age makes you think. We dont expect to have to worry about this stuff until were at least in our 40s. If anyone wants to know what tests to have done that will give you an idea if your heart is in bad shape theres a few that dont cost alot that you can order over the internet, and go in and get your blood taken and have the results in a few days.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=JUSTIFIEDhomicide;76787]

Name:  8e31328a-b825-4686-aa68-3f1b7515a94f.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  34.9 KB
    Engage Number 1
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Angry

I cannot believe it been almost 8years... man..I was with Him in the elevators at Grand sierra right before he was checking out and started out for his last road trip, A beautiful Person man.. Shameful how folks speak on the dead that were never a public figure to be jeered at nor even knew the individual.. I hope his Pop aint read this sh*t..Man..that was sad.. til this last opening day of WSOP i bet a parlay Texas/Mets i think i won like 3 times. good kid.. Bad rap man. You guys can do better.. i hope so after 8 years you have seen some improvemnet in yr morale compasse's. fk my spellin ..Amen.Shalom.

Thread Information