Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lmao parler hacked

Load Metric
    ok druff please name 3 things in this image:

Name:  uhhdruff.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  70.9 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think I see My Little Pony somewhere

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also this is no defense of Parler.

I don't even have an account there. Not into echo chambers.
    and yet you still follow that up with

In case anyone forgot:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-giveaway-scam

This was far worse than Parler's screwup in several ways.
    If it's not a defense, it sure is a very clear "but whatabout" subject change, & is definitely an attempt to make this thread about a thing that there's already a thread about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, for those wondering why Parler would have so much personal info on its users, it's because they had this strange obsession with keeping dupes, fakes, and bots off of the platform.

So they apparently required all kinds of intrusive "verification" info, which has now come back to bite them. I never tried to sign up, so I never got to see specifically what they asked for. The whole "we need to totally verify you're a real person before you are validated here" tends to be code for "we want to harvest your info and data", and that's always a big no from me.

That's not the only reason I stayed away from Parler. As I said, it looked like a weak Twitter knockoff and an echo chamber. While the left tends to be more obsessed with isolating themselves from the "evils" of the other side, some of the right are also guilty of this, and I want no part of it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

In case anyone forgot:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-giveaway-scam

This was far worse than Parler's screwup in several ways.
    If it's not a defense, it sure is a very clear "but whatabout" subject change, & is definitely an attempt to make this thread about a thing that there's already a thread about.

The tone of this thread was very clear. It was one of countless attempts on this site to cast the right as stupid, simple, selfish, and ignorant, while the left is portrayed as a collection of rational, scientific, empathetic intellectuals.

If Twitter was doing a bang-up job with security, and then right-wing Twitter knockoff Parler tried to compete and laughably bungled security, such derision would be warranted -- at least on this limited scale.

However, "omg omg look how incompetent Parler's security was, lol dumb conservatives" obviously begs for a response pointing out that Twitter was even dumber on the security front. Since one is a knockoff of the other, this was very relevant.

Load Metric
    Don’t shoot, shoot, shoot that thing at me.

From the day Facebook and Twitter entered the public consciousness I have consistently & without exception characterized them as evil.

Parler deserves equal time for ridicule

Load Metric
    Anyway, for those wondering why Parler would have so much personal info on its users, it's because they had this strange obsession with keeping dupes, fakes, and bots off of the platform.

absolutely incredible analysis druff, tell us more.

also,

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

The tone of this thread was very clear. It was one of countless attempts on this site to cast the right as stupid, simple, selfish, and ignorant, while the left is portrayed as a collection of rational, scientific, empathetic intellectuals.

If Twitter was doing a bang-up job with security, and then right-wing Twitter knockoff Parler tried to compete and laughably bungled security, such derision would be warranted -- at least on this limited scale.

However, "omg omg look how incompetent Parler's security was, lol dumb conservatives" obviously begs for a response pointing out that Twitter was even dumber on the security front. Since one is a knockoff of the other, this was very relevant.

lmao at 'attempts' btw

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

From the day Facebook and Twitter entered the public consciousness I have consistently & without exception characterized them as evil.

I'm willing to say that Parler sucks and their security sucks.

I just want people to realize that Twitter equally sucks, and on a larger scale.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

lmao at 'attempts' btw
    lmao at actually believing your party is a collection of rational, scientific, empathetic individuals

Load Metric
    https://trumpfile.org/parler/

reallllllly good writeup there.

Load Metric
    rebecca mercer yall.
    I prefer the satanic spelling Rebekah

I thought we were done with Trump and the Mercers. I joke. I know we aren’t.

Every turn on the Mercer ride has been entertaining though. Off I go.

TIA

Comments

sonatine: youre right, its rebekah

Load Metric

No, this isn't about "the right" in any sort of big picture, it is very specific to Parler and the extreme brand of shitheads it attracts, which is to say, the type of far right morons that even you wouldn;t want to be associated with, mostly. The worst of the conspiracy theorists, the QAnon community, people who are SO FUCKING SURE, STILL, that this election was stolen, etc. I.E., people who DO need a very tightly controlled echo chamber, and who hand over their info to join a "free speech" site that doesn;t even allow the free speech it claims to stand for.

Nobody here is defending twitter, and you sure as hell won;t find me doing it in almost any circumstance. (Matter of fact, in the twitter thread you linked to, I'm pretty sure it was me who posted the most in-depth explanation of how they got their shit fucked up, the krebs article.) This isn;t about them, tho.

But its your board obv, you talk about what you want. I won;t complain too much. Just some.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

absolutely incredible analysis druff, tell us more.

also,

Yeah if you click on that thread (which is now 10 days old, and before the hack), you get a lot of far-fetched Russian conspiracy nonsense because the dude found some Russian accounts on Parler.

Yes, we know, Dave. Russians make fake accounts on US social media to influence elections. Groundbreaking reporting! Welcome to 2016!

But Dave was alleging in these tweets that Russia is basically funding this.

Then at the end, he tweets, "Boom. @WSJ has just confirmed that the Mercers and their hedge fund are behind Parler. This is Rupert Murdoch’s outfit, mind you. Now to dig into Psyclone and Market-Rithm, per @VickerySec research."

Boom? That just disproved your conspiracy theories. Instead, it seems to be funded by a US family which gave heavily to conservative causes over the past 5 years. Yawn.

So conservatives were funding a conservative version of Twitter? Shocking, I tell you!

Great political exposure from sonatine, as per usual.

Load Metric
    cool ill be sure to tell the professional disinfo tracker with tens of thousands of followers and years of experience lecturing and educating on the subject that a .. [ checks notes ] alt-right poker player who won a bracelet in a limit holdem event 25 years ago just ended his whole career.

Comments

dwai: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, this isn't about "the right" in any sort of big picture, it is very specific to Parler and the extreme brand of shitheads it attracts, which is to say, the type of far right morons that even you wouldn;t want to be associated with, mostly. The worst of the conspiracy theorists, the QAnon community, people who are SO FUCKING SURE, STILL, that this election was stolen, etc. I.E., people who DO need a very tightly controlled echo chamber, and who hand over their info to join a "free speech" site that doesn;t even allow the free speech it claims to stand for.

Nobody here is defending twitter, and you sure as hell won;t find me doing it in almost any circumstance. (Matter of fact, in the twitter thread you linked to, I'm pretty sure it was me who posted the most in-depth explanation of how they got their shit fucked up, the krebs article.) This isn;t about them, tho.

But its your board obv, you talk about what you want. I won;t complain too much. Just some.
    Of course this thread is about "the right".

Do you think sonatine would have entitled the thread "lmao parler hacked" if it were a left-wing hangout?

I'm all for laughing at incompetence of arrogant tech ventures, and Parler is deserving of such derision here. However, the derision should be aimed at Parler itself, and not being symbolic that conservatives in general are incompetent. That's the obvious point of this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I'm willing to say that Parler sucks and their security sucks.

I just want people to realize that Twitter equally sucks, and on a larger scale.
    People have been decrying twitter for YEARS now. On a massive scale.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    cool ill be sure to tell the professional disinfo tracker with tens of thousands of followers and years of experience lecturing and educating on the subject that a .. [ checks notes ] alt-right poker player who won a bracelet in a limit holdem event 25 years ago just ended his whole career.
    So when has this "professional disinfo tracker" exposed disinfo attempts from the left?

Has that ever happened? Even once?

Let me guess... it hasn't happened because there's never any disinformation from the left.

Load Metric
    However, the derision should be aimed at Parler itself, and not being symbolic that conservatives in general are incompetent. That's the obvious point of this thread.
    Parler doesn;t attract conservatives. They attract radicals and retards and racists and the people who rile them up and make money off them, and THEY are generally incompetant. THAT is the obvious point of this thread.

Load Metric
    So when has this "professional disinfo tracker" exposed disinfo attempts from the left?

Has that ever happened? Even once?

Let me guess... it hasn't happened because there's never any disinformation from the left.
    yeah and why doesnt my dermatologist fix my teeth? has that ever happened? even once?

what a big stupid ripoff scam it is.

Thread Information