Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gavin Newsom's hypocritical, maskless indoor dinner with lobbyists

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    We've had a bunch of different curfews and stages here in MA
    Interesting to read a fellow Masshole’s take.

We in Massachusetts were among the first states to get slammed and there was little information about the virus. We were locked down with businesses shuttered. Then things improved tremendously during the summer. It felt like there already was a cure comparatively.

For me, Covid is an introvert’s paradise. My wife is the social animal. I learned long ago to give her what she wants.

Thus, we have done quite a few day trips. Just went to Newburyport a week ago. A day of shopping overpriced stuff in seaside boutique shops. I now have a big position in a variety of expensive olive oils, for example. In the old days you would sample the oils in the shop. We ate dinner outside.

You’ll love this Crowe:

Another day trip we ended up out in Deerfield, MA. Yankee Candle’s flagship store is out there. Beautiful day and it was a mob scene. They had folks queued up outside the front door as they kept a head count of the number of shoppers in the store at one time. Someone exits the store and someone enters. Masks were mandatory. All very proper and by the book.

Yankee Candle’s raison d'ętre is the scent. Mix half a penny’s worth of perfume to wax and charge $14.95. Every shopper would pull their mask down, put a candle up to their nose then return the candle to the display. The next person would pull down their mask and sniff the same candle. They would keep 6 feet of distance though. Lol. If only you could have seen my face behind my mask. It was the most amazing and kinda funny thing I’ve seen in a while.

I remember actually wearing latex gloves when we went to the supermarket in March. Now I go to the supermarket every day for that evening’s meal.

We had a houseguest this weekend. The guest and my wife went out to lunch. No fear.

I’ve gotten pretty lax and need to smarten up else this will serve as a kind of suicide note.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: our new fresh scent, Honeydew Melon Contagion rep

GambleBotsChafedPenis: HOF/I LOL'ed Rep

rum dick: HALL OF FUCKING FAME POST

gimmick:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-23-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Druff. We've got more toilet paper than we'll ever use. I fucked up an Amazon subscribe and save order a year ago and we've been rolling with it ever since. Literally we were giving dozens of rolls to our neighbors during the April/May USA freak out. So pm your address if you're hurting for tp. I'll throw in a Martha Stewart cookbook to get you through until Spring too.
    I appreciate the offer. However, I also have a lot of TP to my name. I can go awhile without running out of that. It was the paper towels which I accidentally let run low, only to notice the exact day the shortage started.

I might have to take you up on the Martha Stewart cookbook, though.

We have cases of paper towels, masks and bleach wipes. I'm pretty sure I've donated to my local hospital enough N95 masks, hand sanitizer and gloves to last a couple weeks. Basically, I'm terrible at Amazon because i love drunken binge buying. My wife would love it if I freed up our guest bedroom so if you need any supplies for the love of god let me know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    We've had a bunch of different curfews and stages here in MA
    Another day trip we ended up out in Deerfield, MA. Yankee Candle’s flagship store is out there. Beautiful day and it was a mob scene. They had folks queued up outside the front door as they kept a head count of the number of shoppers in the store at one time. Someone exits the store and someone enters. Masks were mandatory. All very proper and by the book.

Yankee Candle’s raison d'ętre is the scent. Mix half a penny’s worth of perfume to wax and charge $14.95. Every shopper would pull their mask down, put a candle up to their nose then return the candle to the display. The next person would pull down their mask and sniff the same candle. They would keep 6 feet of distance though. Lol. If only you could have seen my face behind my mask. It was the most amazing and kinda funny thing I’ve seen in a while.
    So much this. We went to the neighborhood liquor store the other day and there was a model offering tequila tastings in the middle of the store with 3 thirsty old dudes around her who were chatting her up with their masks down while slowly sipping their thimbles of booze.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    To be fair, it was The French Laundry.
    Home of the $50K bottle of wine, totally understandable

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Been there. It's nothing special. Plenty of places like it in SoCal, Vegas and Hawaii that are just as good if not better.

Gold
    Load Metric
    When it is all on the taxpayer's dime anyways money really is no object.

Load Metric

Been there. It's nothing special. Plenty of places like it in SoCal, Vegas and Hawaii that are just as good if not better.
    There’s a better restaurant in Vegas than the French Laundry? Please enlighten me.

Load Metric
    I've done:

- No live poker since early February

- No vacations since 2019

- No restaurants since mid-March, and only one restaurant from early February to mid March (which was a mistake, but fortunately nothing happened)

- No takeout since early-mid April

- No supermarkets since early-mid April, aside from my brief foray into Target at 10pm last week in a failed attempt to get toilet paper

- No seeing anyone socially outside my household except my parents since early February

All of this sucks. The food I'm eating is incredibly repetitive, I miss live poker, I miss going on vacations, I miss going to Las Vegas, I miss fast food and takeout, I miss seeing friends, and I miss the WSOP (even with the yearly Caesars fail).

What gets me through it is that I can see my parents (because I'm so careful), and I have my girlfriend and son with me the entire time (being alone would suck). Also, I remember two years ago when I was suffering through my severe anxiety/depression, which was 100x worse for me than this. Honestly, that was a miserable day-to-day experience. This isn't miserable for me personally, just frustrating and repetitive, and I feel very bad watching others die and suffer. I am thankful that I'm not experiencing financial problems like so many others right now, because that would be especially awful. I know that I am in a fortunate position here compared to most, and I appreciate that.
    lol. I haven't been here since March but after reading your post why even be alive? What a worthless POS life.

I've done:

Several vacations this year

Been going to restaurants through the entire pandemic

Been to Disney World twice and going again next two weekends

Been to several resorts with OMG buffets!

Stayed at enough hotels to count on two hands

Played around 80 rounds of golf etc etc etc

And guess what?! I've never had the black plague that is corona virus. Do I wear a mask? Sure I do. I'm not an a hole. But I also realize if I do get this thing I have a 99.8% chance of not dying because for somebody of my age group and health it's the flu. My brother in law just got it. I played golf with him Sunday and he didn't feel well Sunday night so he got tested and came back positive. He's 53 and overweight. Says it feels like a cold except he has a metal taste in his mouth. I got tested yesterday. Negative. This isn't to say I won't get it but if I do I deal with it like I deal with the flu. Email I get from CDC after testing basically says if you test positive 99% have little to no symptoms blah blah blah.

Guess the media got to you dude. I'm embarrassed for you. I actually stopped listening to radio because I knew you would get all stupid over this thing and I guess I was right.

Happy Thanksgiving but get a fucking life I mean come on already.

Comments

dwai: GODLIKE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I've done:

- No live poker since early February

- No vacations since 2019

- No restaurants since mid-March, and only one restaurant from early February to mid March (which was a mistake, but fortunately nothing happened)

- No takeout since early-mid April

- No supermarkets since early-mid April, aside from my brief foray into Target at 10pm last week in a failed attempt to get toilet paper

- No seeing anyone socially outside my household except my parents since early February

All of this sucks. The food I'm eating is incredibly repetitive, I miss live poker, I miss going on vacations, I miss going to Las Vegas, I miss fast food and takeout, I miss seeing friends, and I miss the WSOP (even with the yearly Caesars fail).

What gets me through it is that I can see my parents (because I'm so careful), and I have my girlfriend and son with me the entire time (being alone would suck). Also, I remember two years ago when I was suffering through my severe anxiety/depression, which was 100x worse for me than this. Honestly, that was a miserable day-to-day experience. This isn't miserable for me personally, just frustrating and repetitive, and I feel very bad watching others die and suffer. I am thankful that I'm not experiencing financial problems like so many others right now, because that would be especially awful. I know that I am in a fortunate position here compared to most, and I appreciate that.
    lol. I haven't been here since March but after reading your post why even be alive? What a worthless POS life.

I've done:

And guess what?! I've never had the black plague that is corona virus. Do I wear a mask? Sure I do. I'm not an a hole. But I also realize if I do get this thing I have a 99.8% chance of not dying because for somebody of my age group and health it's the flu. My brother in law just got it. I played golf with him Sunday and he didn't feel well Sunday night so he got tested and came back positive. He's 53 and overweight. Says it feels like a cold except he has a metal taste in his mouth. I got tested yesterday. Negative. This isn't to say I won't get it but if I do I deal with it like I deal with the flu. Email I get from CDC after testing basically says if you test positive 99% have little to no symptoms blah blah blah.

Guess the media got to you dude. I'm embarrassed for you. I actually stopped listening to radio because I knew you would get all stupid over this thing and I guess I was right.

POOH IS GOD

AND CORRECT

Comments

big dick: POOH IS GOD NO DOUBT

Load Metric
    I don't mean to rip on Druff but he is being ridiculous with his cautiousness. I heard on the latest radio he won't even get takeout food "because someone might touch it or cough on it".

I get being protective and shit but you've gone full mong for someone with a "great immune system", but to each their own, i just feel bad for your gf and kid cause chances are they're not as scared of this as you are, although it is nice that they're supportive of you during this tough time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

I've done:

POOH IS GOD

AND CORRECT
    The thing that pissed me off the most this entire year was what assholes we were here in Florida because heaven forbid our great governor didn't want to shut down the entire states economy. The thing was we all wore masks down here. Since March we've been wearing masks. Literally everyone wears masks indoors in Florida with little to no exceptions. But the media portrays it completely opposite because we're a red state. Clown show. I get Druff's parents not wanting to go outside. It's a personal choice and I respect it. What I don't respect is a dude in his 40's literally afraid to go out into the public because he's afraid of being infected. He should want to get infected this way he won't get infected again at least until vaccines are readily available to him. Jesus Christ what a faggot way to live life. 100% media driven panic. If they kept a daily running of cancer cases and deaths at 600k a year it would probably put Druff in a padded room for life.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Jayjami: Love you Pooh, my redneck friend

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    POOH IS GOD

AND CORRECT
    The thing that pissed me off the most this entire year was what assholes we were here in Florida because heaven forbid our great governor didn't want to shut down the entire states economy. The thing was we all wore masks down here. Since March we've been wearing masks. Literally everyone wears masks indoors in Florida with little to no exceptions. But the media portrays it completely opposite because we're a red state. Clown show. I get Druff's parents not wanting to go outside. It's a personal choice and I respect it. What I don't respect is a dude in his 40's literally afraid to go out into the public because he's afraid of being infected. He should want to get infected this way he won't get infected again at least until vaccines are readily available to him. Jesus Christ what a faggot way to live life. 100% media driven panic. If they kept a daily running of cancer cases and deaths at 600k a year it would probably put Druff in a padded room for life.

Load Metric
    Don't get me wrong I don't really give a fuck what Druff does with his life but this is a messageboard and I'm not here much so.....Here's my next prediction. If he hasn't left his house in months, or hasn't been in public besides his parents, then he will have panic attacks and agoraphobia when he finally decides its the time. Someone with his mentality this has done long lasting damage to his brain but he doesn't realize this yet. He will though.

Load Metric
    Especially when you see every democratic leader going to restaurants hair salons or whatever. When you see all these old out of shape dudes in Trump's camp getting this virus yet nobody has gotten severely ill. Even fat fuck Chris Christie got the rona and he lived. Yet under 50, I rarely get sick, Druff is afraid to leave his house. God forbid he is making his son live under the same rules. Borderline child abuse but regardless the kid is scarred for life.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Load Metric
    GET EM

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

There’s a better restaurant in Vegas than the French Laundry? Please enlighten me.

Things are subjective obviously but we liked vic and anthony's more.

Best dinner I've ever had was here though

https://www.halekulani.com/la-mer-restaurant

Comments

Jayjami: Ty. Will check them out

Load Metric
    Just a heads up if you're a keller fan, per se is ass

Load Metric
    Ass you'd want to eat, like OSA would? Or ass you should avoid, like Vanessa Selbst?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Ass you'd want to eat, like OSA would? Or ass you should avoid, like Vanessa Selbst?
    Yes

Load Metric
    Especially when you see every democratic leader going to restaurants hair salons or whatever. When you see all these old out of shape dudes in Trump's camp getting this virus yet nobody has gotten severely ill. Even fat fuck Chris Christie got the rona and he lived. Yet under 50, I rarely get sick, Druff is afraid to leave his house. God forbid he is making his son live under the same rules. Borderline child abuse but regardless the kid is scarred for life.
    Not gonna speak for druff because lord knows he will speak for himself but the issue isn't dying but rather inadvertently killing someone else. Plus the dice roll on being healthy one minute and then being fucked for life the next. Have now had two healthy relatively young friends get it and neither one is the same since. Good news is women seem to shake it off so hooray for the like 4 of us who are married on this failsite.

Thread Information