Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gavin Newsom's hypocritical, maskless indoor dinner with lobbyists

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've done:

- No live poker since early February

- No vacations since 2019

- No restaurants since mid-March, and only one restaurant from early February to mid March (which was a mistake, but fortunately nothing happened)

- No takeout since early-mid April

- No supermarkets since early-mid April, aside from my brief foray into Target at 10pm last week in a failed attempt to get toilet paper

- No seeing anyone socially outside my household except my parents since early February

All of this sucks. The food I'm eating is incredibly repetitive, I miss live poker, I miss going on vacations, I miss going to Las Vegas, I miss fast food and takeout, I miss seeing friends, and I miss the WSOP (even with the yearly Caesars fail).

What gets me through it is that I can see my parents (because I'm so careful), and I have my girlfriend and son with me the entire time (being alone would suck). Also, I remember two years ago when I was suffering through my severe anxiety/depression, which was 100x worse for me than this. Honestly, that was a miserable day-to-day experience. This isn't miserable for me personally, just frustrating and repetitive, and I feel very bad watching others die and suffer. I am thankful that I'm not experiencing financial problems like so many others right now, because that would be especially awful. I know that I am in a fortunate position here compared to most, and I appreciate that.
    lol. I haven't been here since March but after reading your post why even be alive? What a worthless POS life.

I've done:

Several vacations this year

Been going to restaurants through the entire pandemic

Been to Disney World twice and going again next two weekends

Been to several resorts with OMG buffets!

Stayed at enough hotels to count on two hands

Played around 80 rounds of golf etc etc etc

And guess what?! I've never had the black plague that is corona virus. Do I wear a mask? Sure I do. I'm not an a hole. But I also realize if I do get this thing I have a 99.8% chance of not dying because for somebody of my age group and health it's the flu. My brother in law just got it. I played golf with him Sunday and he didn't feel well Sunday night so he got tested and came back positive. He's 53 and overweight. Says it feels like a cold except he has a metal taste in his mouth. I got tested yesterday. Negative. This isn't to say I won't get it but if I do I deal with it like I deal with the flu. Email I get from CDC after testing basically says if you test positive 99% have little to no symptoms blah blah blah.

Guess the media got to you dude. I'm embarrassed for you. I actually stopped listening to radio because I knew you would get all stupid over this thing and I guess I was right.

Happy Thanksgiving but get a fucking life I mean come on already.
    I get people not wanting to play poker in the pandemic or go on a plane. Everyone has their own tolerance for risk. I'll even give you not eating inside a restaurant since most are not enforcing any social distance rules, at least from what I have seen. I went to Chilis today for pickup and the place was mobbed, not one mask to be seen except staff and they had cloth ones on which have been proven not to work.

But not getting takeout or going to a grocery store or not having a beer in your backyard with a buddy is fucking bizarre. I did some takeout from a Chinese place the other day, and some 300 lbs woman was in the equivalent of a hazmat suit but was still ordering the most caloric items on the menu, and lots of them. How does that make sense as far as health goes?

Probably only 50% of the people are going to take the vaccine by May, there will be the inevitable social media stories that manifest about people ending up in comas, so the number will drop next go around. Corona is going to be here for several years, and there will people who will never leave their homes and just wither away. Most people age 18-30 will probably never take the vaccine since they are effectively symptom free so they don't care. I mean how many Hooters waitresses are going to wait in line to get it, the first dose, then come back 21 days later for the second one? My guess is single digits. I never took a flu shot when I was say 25, and rarely wore a rubber in the 90s when 'the experts' said AIDS was going to kill everyone. It's just the way it is.

My rule is don't go out of your way to get the virus, like go to a Mega Church with 1,000 people or march about some left wing bullshit. But fuck you only live until your 80 or so, how much time do you want to forfeit?

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Especially when you see every democratic leader going to restaurants hair salons or whatever. When you see all these old out of shape dudes in Trump's camp getting this virus yet nobody has gotten severely ill. Even fat fuck Chris Christie got the rona and he lived. Yet under 50, I rarely get sick, Druff is afraid to leave his house. God forbid he is making his son live under the same rules. Borderline child abuse but regardless the kid is scarred for life.
    Not gonna speak for druff because lord knows he will speak for himself but the issue isn't dying but rather inadvertently killing someone else. Plus the dice roll on being healthy one minute and then being fucked for life the next. Have now had two healthy relatively young friends get it and neither one is the same since. Good news is women seem to shake it off so hooray for the like 4 of us who are married on this failsite.
    your two friends sound like two huge faggots who are looking for attention cause they caught the wuflu

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I expect people like Pooh to listen to BS statistics like "99.8% survival rate" and not bother looking into the facts.

Pooh is over 40 and could easily get permanent lung damage from this thing. And by "easily", I mean that you don't even have to get that unlucky to end up with it. I know several people over 40 who got the lung damage from COVID. Basically you feel winded just from walking up the stairs. Enjoy that shit for the rest of your life because you weren't able to hold back and exercise caution for a year. Dumb.

A dude on my Facebook croaked at age 50 while posting on Facebook, "I've had flus worse than this." His own daughter chided him that he was doing "more coughing than breathing", and he dismissed it as her exaggerating.

You do have to get pretty unlucky to die of this when you're under 50 (unless you have major preexisting conditions), but the potential for permanent damage is very real. Too many people dismiss this because they are so obsessed with their idiotic ideas of "freedom", rather than acting with common sense. I don't believe in these shutdowns, but I think people need to take a lot more personal responsibility than I'm seeing.

Pooh thinks I'm going to get agoraphobia from this. No chance. Even at my very worst in 2018, I never once had the slightest hint of agoraphobia or social anxiety. If I didn't get it then, I won't get it now.

The disease is highly contagious and affects each person differently. People under 30 have nothing to sweat. 30-39 will be relatively safe but a small percentage will run bad and get permanent damage from it. People over 40 need to take care. I'm close to 50, so yes, I'm taking it seriously. Fortunately my girlfriend and Benjamin are both supportive of this. They both agree I'm doing the right thing. Ben plays Roblox online with his friends, and talks on the phone to them, so he doesn't feel socially deprived. He's actually happy that he gets to wake up much later during the week for school.

GL Pooh. I'm sure the permanent lung damage will be totally worth it when you think back to all those fun lines you stood in at Disneyworld.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: don't overlook the heart issues that follow a lot of the infected rep

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I expect people like Pooh to listen to BS statistics like "99.8% survival rate" and not bother looking into the facts.

Pooh is over 40 and could easily get permanent lung damage from this thing. And by "easily", I mean that you don't even have to get that unlucky to end up with it. I know several people over 40 who got the lung damage from COVID. Basically you feel winded just from walking up the stairs. Enjoy that shit for the rest of your life because you weren't able to hold back and exercise caution for a year. Dumb.

A dude on my Facebook croaked at age 50 while posting on Facebook, "I've had flus worse than this." His own daughter chided him that he was doing "more coughing than breathing", and he dismissed it as her exaggerating.

You do have to get pretty unlucky to die of this when you're under 50 (unless you have major preexisting conditions), but the potential for permanent damage is very real. Too many people dismiss this because they are so obsessed with their idiotic ideas of "freedom", rather than acting with common sense. I don't believe in these shutdowns, but I think people need to take a lot more personal responsibility than I'm seeing.

Pooh thinks I'm going to get agoraphobia from this. No chance. Even at my very worst in 2018, I never once had the slightest hint of agoraphobia or social anxiety. If I didn't get it then, I won't get it now.

The disease is highly contagious and affects each person differently. People under 30 have nothing to sweat. 30-39 will be relatively safe but a small percentage will run bad and get permanent damage from it. People over 40 need to take care. I'm close to 50, so yes, I'm taking it seriously. Fortunately my girlfriend and Benjamin are both supportive of this. They both agree I'm doing the right thing. Ben plays Roblox online with his friends, and talks on the phone to them, so he doesn't feel socially deprived. He's actually happy that he gets to wake up much later during the week for school.

GL Pooh. I'm sure the permanent lung damage will be totally worth it when you think back to all those fun lines you stood in at Disneyworld.

Load Metric

How on earth after a few months of this virus, after a couple anecdotal cases of your friends, this is permanent lung damage? What a ridiculous claim. If you want to remain in your house indefinitely, nobody is stopping you but you are literally making things up to support your position of staying indoors. Stop saying everyone over 40 is going to have lifelong symptoms, you are trying to justify locking your family up for another year. I agree with Pooh on this one, nobody cares if you want to stay in prepper mode in 2021. It's a personal choice. By the way you got a root canal the other day with a dentist one inch from your mouth with a mask you rightfully says does not work and you did not self quarantine for 14 days. But you won't get a pizza from Dominos. Makes sense.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

How on earth after a few months of this virus, after a couple anecdotal cases of your friends, this is permanent lung damage? What a ridiculous claim. If you want to remain in your house indefinitely, nobody is stopping you but you are literally making things up to support your position of staying indoors. Stop saying everyone over 40 is going to have lifelong symptoms, you are trying to justify locking your family up for another year. I agree with Pooh on this one, nobody cares if you want to stay in prepper mode in 2021. It's a personal choice. By the way you got a root canal the other day with a dentist one inch from your mouth with a mask you rightfully says does not work and you did not self quarantine for 14 days. But you won't get a pizza from Dominos. Makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Didn't have a choice about the root canal. That had to happen. Dentist already had COVID in March, though, so I wouldn't have gotten it from him.

The widespread lung damage to people with COVID over 40 is well known, if you want to look into it. It's not just anecdotal, though I personally know several people who experienced this.

Not worth a Domino's pizza or bringing a plumber into the house.

Load Metric

Didn't have a choice about the root canal. That had to happen. Dentist already had COVID in March, though, so I wouldn't have gotten it from him.

The widespread lung damage to people with COVID over 40 is well known, if you want to look into it. It's not just anecdotal, though I personally know several people who experienced this.

Not worth a Domino's pizza or bringing a plumber into the house.
    Oh right, bottomset is a plumber. Can you get covid from dipping your head into a bowl of diarrhea?

Comments

dwai: rofl

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information