Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gavin Newsom's hypocritical, maskless indoor dinner with lobbyists

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gavin Newsom's hypocritical, maskless indoor dinner with lobbyists

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1328932610169561090

https://www.politico.com/states/cali...-party-1336601

Here are the "Guidelines for Private Gatherings" for the state of California, many of which Newsom violated: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...ngs-10-09.aspx

PARTY OF SCIENCE AND LOGIC!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Straight out of Animal Farm.

I am sure the irony is lost on these oppressive dicators.

Load Metric
    do as they say, not how.....

Load Metric
    Just think, within a decade you'll be calling him President Newsom.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democratic politicians love lockdowns, as long as they are personally excepted.

In addition to Newsom's Lobbyist Dinner, we also have:

- Lori Lightfoot's (maskless) Biden Street Party

- Bill de Blasio's Biden Street Party

- Gretchen Whitmer's Husband's Memorial Day Lake Boating

- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco Haircut

- Andrew Cuomo's Maskless Dog Walking

All of these were in violation of the law or local regulations at the time.

Very easy to restrict the public when the restrictions don't apply to you! LOL limousine liberals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Very easy to restrict the public when the restrictions don't apply to you! LOL limousine liberals.
    Except for the fact that if you don't follow the restrictions you'll make headlines in every conservative media outlet and be the lib that all the Trump supporters pwn for a news cycle or two.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Except for the fact that if you don't follow the restrictions you'll make headlines in every conservative media outlet and be the lib that all the Trump supporters pwn for a news cycle or two.
    Name:  BXDEULZN3RD3FCYKEDKX4UGCYU.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  77.3 KB

Load Metric
    Democratic politicians love lockdowns, as long as they are personally excepted.

In addition to Newsom's Lobbyist Dinner, we also have:

- Lori Lightfoot's (maskless) Biden Street Party

- Bill de Blasio's Biden Street Party

- Gretchen Whitmer's Husband's Memorial Day Lake Boating

- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco Haircut

- Andrew Cuomo's Maskless Dog Walking

All of these were in violation of the law or local regulations at the time.

Stay in your basement and keep doing the Lord’s work Karen.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Got ‘im!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even the NY Times is tired of California's hypocritical limousine liberal Democrats in power: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/u...h-laundry.html

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I just made a run to the grocery store and had to dodge a national guard checkpoint that was setting up to enforce the 10pm curfew. Omg we are so fucked.

Meanwhile in reality Gavin has been preaching universal mask usage from the get go while Trump has been bitch about it because he thinks he'd look silly in a mask deaths be damned. Spoiler alert Trump always looks silly.

Don't get me wrong whataboutism is a ton of fun when people don't die from it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    I just made a run to the grocery store and had to dodge a national guard checkpoint that was setting up to enforce the 10pm curfew. Omg we are so fucked.

Meanwhile in reality Gavin has been preaching universal mask usage from the get go while Trump has been bitch about it because he thinks he'd look silly in a mask deaths be damned. Spoiler alert Trump always looks silly.

The 10pm curfew is idiotic and performative. Curfews can work when there's social unrest, because the bad element of protest groups tends to come out late at night. For pandemics, curfews make zero sense. In fact, by shoehorning everyone into a smaller timeframe, you're encouraging more crowds. Dumb.

"Universal mask usage" also isn't very helpful if it's not accompanied with the message that it's dangerous to be indoors, even with a mask on. If most of the message is "masking is the path to safety", you're going to achieve the opposite effect.

Anyway, Gavin is a huge limousine liberal hypocrite, as are Pelosi and Feinstein.

Load Metric

The 10pm curfew is idiotic and performative. Curfews can work when there's social unrest, because the bad element of protest groups tends to come out late at night. For pandemics, curfews make zero sense. In fact, by shoehorning everyone into a smaller timeframe, you're encouraging more crowds. Dumb.

"Universal mask usage" also isn't very helpful if it's not accompanied with the message that it's dangerous to be indoors, even with a mask on. If most of the message is "masking is the path to safety", you're going to achieve the opposite effect.

Anyway, Gavin is a huge limousine liberal hypocrite, as are Pelosi and Feinstein.
    Gavin obviously is a pos. He was married to gross ass kimberly guilfoyle for Christ's sake. BUT he's done a much better job handling the pandemic than Trump. You'd have to hate math to disagree with that simple truth.

And nobody here thinks the curfew is anything other than a bar shut down plus a passive aggressive threat to shut take out food down too if we don't get our shit together and make a minimal effort to wear masks and not kill our neighbors.

Load Metric
    We've had a bunch of different curfews and stages here in MA, and tbh we're not dealing with things very well here either statewide (our death rate is amongst the worst anywhere), but the hard curfew at 10pm is the most medium of policies in a situation where medium is almost worse than nothing at all. Medium suggests a confidence that shouldn't be there, same deal as when druff talks about mask policies that don't mention not to be indoors with others.

I went to 1 restaurant since this shit began, not talking takeout but sitting down at an establishment. It was mid-summer, I could look it up but it was when covid was down and places in Boston were doing outdoor shit by reservation. It was me, my bro, his wife, and a girl who almost literally hadn't left her apartment since mid-March. We were at Dorchester Brewery, on the roofdeck, everyone was super-spaced like we used to do before fatigue set in, it was in the high 70s/low 80s I think, and the place was like a wind-tunnel with how the roof was set up, so I was super not concerned with catching anything from other guests, all ordering was thru their app and the servers dropped it off, I started to get the feeling like "maybe we can make shit like this work for a while." I order a flight of beer, others got their drinks, and a few chicken sandwiches and fries were ordered. Was good. (Not the chicken sandwiches, it was weird to have dark meat fried chicken, wasn't a hit.) Like 45 minutes in, the girl we were with got a call, and it was movie-like in it's obvious seriousness, like "Hello? Yes? Yes? Oh" then she's like "BRB" to us and walked away to take the call. Turns out, she was being told both her parents just tested positive for covid. I'm not religious or superstitious or particularly poetic, but all I could think of in my mind was "girl, god's telling you to stay home until this shit's over." I also took that advice myself, and haven't eaten or drink in any bars or restaurants since, no matter how safe they feel. I can wait. They can some pretty great stuff these days.

Comments

Sanlmar: TR rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've done:

- No live poker since early February

- No vacations since 2019

- No restaurants since mid-March, and only one restaurant from early February to mid March (which was a mistake, but fortunately nothing happened)

- No takeout since early-mid April

- No supermarkets since early-mid April, aside from my brief foray into Target at 10pm last week in a failed attempt to get toilet paper

- No seeing anyone socially outside my household except my parents since early February

All of this sucks. The food I'm eating is incredibly repetitive, I miss live poker, I miss going on vacations, I miss going to Las Vegas, I miss fast food and takeout, I miss seeing friends, and I miss the WSOP (even with the yearly Caesars fail).

What gets me through it is that I can see my parents (because I'm so careful), and I have my girlfriend and son with me the entire time (being alone would suck). Also, I remember two years ago when I was suffering through my severe anxiety/depression, which was 100x worse for me than this. Honestly, that was a miserable day-to-day experience. This isn't miserable for me personally, just frustrating and repetitive, and I feel very bad watching others die and suffer. I am thankful that I'm not experiencing financial problems like so many others right now, because that would be especially awful. I know that I am in a fortunate position here compared to most, and I appreciate that.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Druff. We've got more toilet paper than we'll ever use. I fucked up an Amazon subscribe and save order a year ago and we've been rolling with it ever since. Literally we were giving dozens of rolls to our neighbors during the April/May USA freak out. So pm your address if you're hurting for tp. I'll throw in a Martha Stewart cookbook to get you through until Spring too.

Load Metric
    Druff is battling torture haha....

Just look at it like this Druff, at least this time around your actually, truly, going to be itching and excited to get back. A little excitement never hurts right lol, its should all be a blast, well at least for that first time around of course. Oh, and your Cali Governor, sometimes i'll just hear, or catch some of what California is planning, or laws and I think LOL that will never work lmao.

Like your new and coming Everyone is expected to buy an Electric Vehicle sometime in the near future, LOL, no more gas engines in California (yea right lol). That's hilarious, and obv never will work. But the idea behind it is good. Maybe it's just because I really am, a thru and thru 'Beast Coast' boy in ways lol. I'm pretty much born and raised, lived on the East Coast my entire life now lol, between New Jersey and Florida now. So maybe im just super bias anyway from East to West, but your Governor and some of the California ways just get on my nerve. Im not a big fan or lover of that "were the best" whole California attitude historically maybe, but IDK, its just noticeable to me in ways. I always can pin-point the one from Cali in Vegas lol, and im usually right =)...

Druff you need to come East for 5 or 10 years, absorb some of these pretty beach's =)
    Last edited by garrett; 11-23-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff. We've got more toilet paper than we'll ever use. I fucked up an Amazon subscribe and save order a year ago and we've been rolling with it ever since. Literally we were giving dozens of rolls to our neighbors during the April/May USA freak out. So pm your address if you're hurting for tp. I'll throw in a Martha Stewart cookbook to get you through until Spring too.
    I appreciate the offer. However, I also have a lot of TP to my name. I can go awhile without running out of that. It was the paper towels which I accidentally let run low, only to notice the exact day the shortage started.

I might have to take you up on the Martha Stewart cookbook, though.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Most of the kids in public schools, including mine, haven't gone to school in almost a year, supposedly because it isn't safe.

So I did find it interesting, but not surprising, that Newsom's kids still go to school (super elite private school of course).

It really does seem like the elite ruling class (mostly Democrat FWIW) is using this pandemic as a pretense to solidify and expand their own wealth and power, and make sure their children have the same privilege over the commoners that they do.

Load Metric
    California Governor Gavin Newsom will completely lockdown California. If you leave the state, you are subject to a 14-day quarantine. If you break quarantine, you will be shot.

The Governor will be partying at several nightclubs with known rappers, movie stars and celebrities without masks.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    To be fair, it was The French Laundry.

Comments

Jayjami: Agree 100%

Thread Information