Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master Scalir has COVID-19

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Master Scalir has COVID-19

Master Scalir engaged in some reckless behavior I warned him against, and unfortunately he had the result I was fearing.

He got COVID.

Not 100% verified yet, but the symptoms all match, and it's been this way for a week. He was so fatigued that he slept through his test time (which I arranged for him) on Friday, so now he has a new appointment later today.

One of his friends (a guy I also know from a long time ago) saw him on the night of October 31 (about 36 hours before Ken's symptoms), and also caught it. That guy hasn't been tested yet either, but he has had a dry cough for a week and completely lost taste, so I think we know the answer. It is likely he caught it from Ken.

Master Scalir is 50, but does not have any preexisting conditions. His only health issue is a moderately high cholesterol level, but that is inconsequential when it comes to COVID.

So far he has moderate-mid level symptoms, but has no breathing issues. He has no thermometer and cannot take his temperature. He's now had symptoms for about 8 days. Given that it hasn't yet escalated to anything terrible, he will probably get away without being hospitalized. It remains to be seen if he gets lung damage, but the lack of breathing issues speaks well for avoiding that.

Sadly, this could have been avoided if he had just listened to me, but you know how Master Scalir is. I cannot give the details regarding how he caught it, because he doesn't want them out here. However, I can tell you that it has nothing to do with anything sexual, and nothing to do with Starbucks.

Comments

splitthis: Starbucks so sexual

rum dick: Nonsexual covid rep

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Godspeed living meme, Kenneth. Thoughts and prayers.

Load Metric
    Lining up for Coachella 2022?

Get well soon Master Scalir.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Master Scalir engaged in some reckless behavior I warned him against, and unfortunately he had the result I was fearing.

He got COVID.

Not 100% verified yet, but the symptoms all match, and it's been this way for a week. He was so fatigued that he slept through his test time (which I arranged for him) on Friday, so now he has a new appointment later today.

One of his friends (a guy I also know from a long time ago) saw him on the night October 31 (about 36 hours before Ken's symptoms), and also caught it. That guy hasn't been tested yet either, but he has had a dry cough for a week and completely lost taste, so I think we know the answer.

Master Scalir is 50, but does not have any preexisting conditions. His only health issue is a moderately high cholesterol level, but that is inconsequential when it comes to COVID.

So far he has moderate-mid level symptoms, but has no breathing issues. He has no thermometer and cannot take his temperature. He's now had symptoms for about 8 days. Given that it hasn't yet escalated to anything terrible, he will probably get away without being hospitalized. It remains to be seen if he gets lung damage, but the lack of breathing issues speaks well for avoiding that.

Sadly, this could have been avoided if he had just listened to me, but you know how Master Scalir is. I cannot give the details regarding how he caught it, because he doesn't want them out here. However, I can tell you that it has nothing to do with anything sexual, and nothing to do with Starbucks.
    Ken's Lord and savior Bernie Sanders would be very disappointed with him. Get well soon, Ken! We need to keep laughing at your comic misadventures for many more years to come.

Last edited by David USF; 11-10-2020 at 03:01 AM.

Load Metric
    Wishing Ken a speedy recovery.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You should get him a thermometer and a pulse oximeter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Can you even get these quickly anymore?

Last I looked, they weren't easily available without waiting 2 weeks for shipping from China.

I already have them anyway, so I wasn't looking too closely. I didn't own a pulse oximeter until 2018, but fortunately I bought one that year because the severe anxiety/depression was also doing all kinds of weird physical things to my body, and I felt it was good to have one. Fortunate purchase.

Load Metric
    Master Scalir engaged in some reckless behavior I warned him against,
    He left his apartment?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Master Scalir engaged in some reckless behavior I warned him against,
    He left his apartment?
    Pretty much all day every day.

Comments

shoeshine box: wow.what result did he expect.stay home a lot kids.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My guess is he went to one of the crowded street gatherings celebrating the election results. Get well soon Ken!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    My guess is he went to one of the crowded street gatherings celebrating the election results. Get well soon Ken!

Looks like he’s had it since before Halloween.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Walgreens seems to have them for online ordering.

Load Metric

Comments

dwai: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update: He missed the second test because he forgot to check his text messages in time to know when I scheduled it.

I told him he had one final chance, and then I was giving up. He managed to make that testing time, and he got it done.

They will let him know on Thursday or Friday.

The test performed was the "easy" one, which has about a 50% false negative rate (but 0% false positive). He was upset when I told him this. The better test (the awful one up your nose) still has a 20-30% false negative rate, though.

His symptoms have lessened. He still has fatigue and a cough, but they aren't as bad. It is likely he won't get worse, and will get over it okay. He probably won't get permanent lung damage, but we will have to see what happens once he recovers. If he can walk around the San Fernando Valley as he normally does, then his lungs are probably okay. Most people with lung damage had breathing problems at one point during their COVID symptoms, but there are some who got the lung damage after a mild-to-moderate COVID-19 case.

Load Metric

He got COVID.

One of his friends (a guy I also know from a long time ago) saw him on the night of October 31 (about 36 hours before Ken's symptoms), and also caught it. That guy hasn't been tested yet either, but he has had a dry cough for a week and completely lost taste, so I think we know the answer. It is likely he caught it from Ken.

It's pretty obvious how he got coronavirus.

He came in contact with infected people.
    The only question is how many?
    More than ten?

Unless you work at a job, stay home.
    Work from home. Avoid contact with people.

Always wear a mask when you are around people.

Wash your hands. Avoid sit down restaurants, gyms, bars, hotels and churches.

Load Metric
    When all is said and done the threat of COVID will run at least 15 months. I’m not sure how long you think you are guaranteed on earth but that’s a fairly good chunk of life to be locked away.

Scalir takes shots and lives life. He’s one of those who prolly will have no regrets when the day comes. God bless him.

The public health I suppose demands it but it’s a hell of a sacrifice for your fellow man. Most aren’t worth it.

Comments

splitthis: Got that shit right

Silver
    Load Metric
    I've been trying to catch this for months, no luck.

What sort of risky behavior must one engage in?

Load Metric
    Make a post asking if you can find a Female who has got Covid, and start swapping tongues with her, problem solved you then got Covid right =)....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    I've been trying to catch this for months, no luck.

What sort of risky behavior must one engage in?
    Go to a big city BLM rally and burn things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Can you even get these quickly anymore?

Last I looked, they weren't easily available without waiting 2 weeks for shipping from China.

I already have them anyway, so I wasn't looking too closely. I didn't own a pulse oximeter until 2018, but fortunately I bought one that year because the severe anxiety/depression was also doing all kinds of weird physical things to my body, and I felt it was good to have one. Fortunate purchase.
    Wife bought an infrared thermometer for her to use for her home health job at Sams week or so ago. SpO2 monitors I’ve seen in CVS and Walgreens.

Thread Information