Thread: I hate the Bovada/Ignition captchas and black screens

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I hate the Bovada/Ignition captchas and black screens

It is so tilting trying to play poker these days.

Like 60-70% of the time I just get a black screen with nothing.

Then when it does come up, the captcha thing is super-tilting. Either it puts me through about 5-7 agonizing rounds of identifying crosswalks and traffic lights, or it gets to near the end, disappears, and I have to restart the software.

I understand this is in place to help prevent DDoSing, but still, there's gotta be a better way. I'm surprised any recreational players put up with this crap.

BTW here is a tip with the captchas: When the thing they're asking for is only a tiny portion of the square, don't click it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Then when it does come up, the captcha thing is super-tilting. Either it puts me through about 5-7 agonizing rounds of identifying crosswalks and traffic lights, or it gets to near the end, disappears, and I have to restart the software.

I understand this is in place to help prevent DDoSing, but still, there's gotta be a better way. I'm surprised any recreational players put up with this crap.

BTW here is a tip with the captchas: When the thing they're asking for is only a tiny portion of the square, don't click it.

is there any other sites for usa players that actually pay up?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post

ACR and Betonline. Both also have their own idiosyncrasies and issues.

But if you want to be paid, it's basically one of those three if you're in the US and don't have legalized online poker.

I will give Bovada credit for being lightning fast with payouts these days, at least for established accounts.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I have been doing well lately on Bovada, 1-2, 2-5, and 30-60 limit hold 'em. I've wondered if I have played against Druff, considering our time difference (and also the time of day I play). The point is, I have cashed out 3 times in the past week and a half, and have had the money in my hand in two hours or less!

Also, I have never had a CAPTCHA pop up while playing, only when I log in. Fortunately, I have never had a black screen either. ACR and Bovada both have their pros and cons, but are the only two real choices for the games I play.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Veteran View Post
    I have been doing well lately on Bovada, 1-2, 2-5, and 30-60 limit hold 'em. I've wondered if I have played against Druff, considering our time difference (and also the time of day I play). The point is, I have cashed out 3 times in the past week and a half, and have had the money in my hand in two hours or less!

Also, I have never had a CAPTCHA pop up while playing, only when I log in. Fortunately, I have never had a black screen either. ACR and Bovada both have their pros and cons, but are the only two real choices for the games I play.
    The CAPTCHA is only at login, but it sucks.

I get the black screen on login a lot, too.

If you play late at night or early morning (Los Angeles time), you play me. Otherwise, you probably don't.

Load Metric
    yeah I clicked correct captcha then goes to another screen have to click it again finally there is only 1 click to verify and it lets me in finally.

Load Metric

I go through the same shit with the captcha.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ignition sucks, played a sng then signed up for another...black screen.

Couldn’t logout so I got totally out and restarted the iPad...still had me logged in but couldn’t get to the table...POS site.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Ignition sucks, played a sng then signed up for another...black screen.

Couldn’t logout so I got totally out and restarted the iPad...still had me logged in but couldn’t get to the table...POS site.

Finally able to login via incognito...what a shitshow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Online Veteran View Post

The CAPTCHA is only at login, but it sucks.

I get the black screen on login a lot, too.

If you play late at night or early morning (Los Angeles time), you play me. Otherwise, you probably don't.
    BOL captchas so tilting when playing live

If you leave BOL for another window you randomly get bounced. I can’t figure the metric.

I must do captchas 40 times on a Sunday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hardeight View Post

ACR and Betonline. Both also have their own idiosyncrasies and issues.

But if you want to be paid, it's basically one of those three if you're in the US and don't have legalized online poker.

I will give Bovada credit for being lightning fast with payouts these days, at least for established accounts.

I was positivily surprised too, ACR and Betonline pay me quickly and reliably

(in my case with Ecopayz)
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Soo.... tonight I was playing some guy heads up $30/$60 limit holdem. He wasn't terrible, but I was clearly better than him, so I wanted the match to go for awhile.

He was down a few thousand to me, but we had been spinning our wheels around the same point for awhile.

At 1am PST, a notice popped on the screen that the site would go down at 2am for maintenance. Okay. Not thrilled to see that, but I still had an hour.

At 2:05am, here's what happened:

- I had about $4400 on the table to start the hand

- I was in the BB with 44

- He raised, I 3-bet, he 4-bet

- The entire site froze. I had to eventually close the table. Apparently this was the shutdown, albeit 5 minutes too late.

Morons didn't let hands complete -- they just shut it down. This happened once before, and they initially gave me shit about a refund, until I pressed it.

Presumably he "won" the hand because action was on me when it crashed. That was the same weak argument they brought out last time, before ultimately backing down.

I cannot bring up the hand history of that hand -- at least not now. Even more bothersome, my $4400 never returned to my account!

I have no doubt that the money will return when the server comes back up, minus the $90 I put in, which I'm going to demand back. What a clusterfuck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fucking joke this site is.

So they absolutely refuse to call you now. In the summer, they would call you if you asked for a supervisor. Not this time.

This retarded rep, who claimed she was a "supervisor", kept insisting that last hand with 44 never took place. It wasn't in the hand history, so according to them it didn't happen.

She just kept repeating over and over that "another hand wasn't allowed" after the final one in the history, which was false. I definitely played a hand with 44, and I definitely put in $90 before it crashed on me.

She would not acknowledge that this was possible.

After going back and forth on this, she force-quit chat on me because "the conversation wasn't productive". I didn't have time to screen shot it because she closed it so fast.

From what I can see, there isn't $90 missing, so maybe the entire hand was just voided... which is fine... BUT I JUST WANT CONFIRMATION.

She would not even entertain the idea that there was a final hand during the crash, and was getting frustrated with me that I wasn't taking her canned answers as an acceptable response.

Even worse, she was trying to insist that a server crash means you just lose your money (lol), as long as there's "fair warning" that the outage is happening. I asked why they can't simply let all hands complete before shutting down. "That's not possible", she said. What?! Of course it's possible. Deal the last hand at whatever time, wait 10 minutes, and all hands will be done.

Support is such garbage now that you can't call anyone.

Thread Information