Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL DANIEL NEGERANU / DOUG POLK HEADS UP (and sidebetting) THREAD ***

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Well one thing we learned from twitter is that wsop.com will be returning the rake generated from this match to the players. Seems like the outside action they bring to the site will more than make up for the lost rake generated.

As I said in my contest thread Daniel made a mistake by just agreeing to Doug's terms. This is like a very good amateur golfer agreeing to a match with a top 20 golf pro to play one match on their home course and the remaining 20 matches on professional courses that the pro golfer has played before with no handicap! Daniel should have either insisted on playing live the entire time to try and even out the edge or adding in a game that Daniel feels is his best game. I think Daniel has an outside chance to win still given the large luck factor in heads up poker between two good players (it's not like Polk is playing a pure fun player here), but it's going to be very hard for him to win now that the rest of the match is in Polk territory. I'd now guess that Polk will probably clear 500k+ from this match alone if not making more than 1 million.

GL to all who have entered the contest thread, obviously it is now closed, and for sake of the betting in this thread let's not bump the other one until a winner has been declared.
    Doesn't surprise me that they were able to get the rake BACK. Daniel has a lot of influence with the WSOP. Not that it's a bad decision on WSOP's part, for the reasons you mentioned.

But yeah, Daniel 100% should have pushed for more live. And he shouldn't have agreed to the charts. I know he wants to keep underdog status, but he could have still claimed underdog if they played more live and didn't have charts online. After all, HUNL is Doug's game, right?

I totally agree with your "home field advantage" theory. This even comes into play in live cardrooms, where the person more familiar with the venue and the other players has an edge over the outside visiting the place.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Tremendous

Blog Entries
    Looks like this will be a beatdown.

Daniel simply can't compete with top online pros, especially at games like HUNL where he's not experienced. He's actually very good with live reads, and could make up some for this skill deficit with that, but you can't do such a thing online.

I'm already kissing my $500 goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like this will be a beatdown.

Daniel simply can't compete with top online pros, especially at games like HUNL where he's not experienced. He's actually very good with live reads, and could make up some for this skill deficit with that, but you can't do such a thing online.

I'm already kissing my $500 goodbye.

Part of me actually wonders, how much of this was actually in a way by design by Polk lol.... If so super slick actually, because its obviously worked at this point lol, to get himself some high stakes HU NL action he went here maybe lol. Polk even had said he wasnt playing online poker recently and for a bit for a while. Sitting on the sidelines obv, lol..... Then gets Dnegs to challenge him in a sense haha, or however it happened, fell right into Polks lap myaybe, or Polks trapped worked. Now hes got high stakes HU action in a match id think he considers himself a fa vorite in, good spot lol..

I wonder how much of this is Doug Polk actually trapped Dnegs into this maybe, and then will run him over HU lol..... That part of it all I do wonder, was this a Polk trap haha....

Comments

SPIT this: lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

PLOL: lol

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Part of me actually wonders, how much of this was actually in a way by design by Polk lol.... If so super slick actually, because its obviously worked at this point lol, to get himself some high stakes HU NL action he went here maybe lol. Polk even had said he wasnt playing online poker recently and for a bit for a while. Sitting on the sidelines obv, lol..... Then gets Dnegs to challenge him in a sense haha, or however it happened, fell right into Polks lap myaybe, or Polks trapped worked. Now hes got high stakes HU action in a match id think he considers himself a fa vorite in, good spot lol..

I wonder how much of this is Doug Polk actually trapped Dnegs into this maybe, and then will run him over HU lol..... That part of it all I do wonder, was this a Polk trap haha....
    There was no ulterior motive or masterplan to trolling Daniel. He was rightly criticized for pulling a Sebok with the SNE debacle and then for making ridiculous shill comments to defend rake increases.

It probably would have ended there, but Daniel is incredibly stubborn and wouldn't let it go. He kept doubling down and made a huge deal out of it. Accused us of lying, and using photoshop, and hurling insults, which just invited more trolling.

I don't know if I've ever seen him admit to being wrong about anything. Even when PokerStars forced him to address the blackface thing, he still tried to justify it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He's actually very good with live reads, and could make up some for this skill deficit with that, but you can't do such a thing online.
    The live reads thing is a myth. Everyone thinks this because there are compilation videos on YouTube of Daniel guessing an opponent's exact hand. People that understand poker know that this is not really a thing, but recreational fans eat it up. If you get a lot of TV coverage and make a lot of guesses, you'll inevitably be right sometimes.

Gold
    Daniel does some strange quarter pot bet sizing on flops and turns which I also see him do in tournaments. Seems to work out well in the tourneys but Doug mercilessly exploits it. He either just calls and bets huge if Daniel checks the next street. Or raises/check raises it huge right on the spot. I realize it's a small sample size thus far so maybe Daniel will get paid in the long run but currently Doug is just crushing him in this spot.

Blog Entries
    i thought dnegs played much better in the 3rd session, well about as good as you could play losing 100k.

but dnegs comes out on top in the 4th session. winning in some ways like he lost previously. it could have been a huge session loss for polk if he didn't suck out wit TT vs JJ as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Wink

Am I The Only one that feels like calling Animal Control.?

I watched this one play out live and first noticed how many bets Doug seemed to get through with no showdown. In a post game interview Daniel said he didn't have anything to call with. Maybe his draws weren't coming through. Obviously hard to analyze this without knowing the hole cards. I don't much about heads up sizing, as the only heads up poker I've played a lot of is limit games or plo. I do think that Daniel missed some value with his AK when spiked the ace on the river.

There were two post game interviews and I watched some of each of them, the one guy on the ggpoker stream who seemed like he would have asked Daniel some tougher questions got disconnected before the interview so that interview was kind of pandering. In the other interview the most interesting thing to me was that Deeb has a bet vs Fee on the winner of the match, but he has it bet on the amount won, so Doug needs to win >1.1m for Fee to win. Now I'm not sure when the bet was made, but it's interesting to see how two poker pros have priced out the match.

Daniel crushed Doug in session 5 per Doug’s Twitter.

Session 5 Result: -$206,994.59 365 hands

Total: -$25,916.87 1,737 hands

Druff (and Mulva against me) you may still be live here.

I am looking to bet on Doug at even money.DN is now in the lead, So I am taking the worst of it. Any takers will have to escrow with Druff as will I. As long as Druff doesn’t mind being the escrow
    -Allergic to the struggle

i threw on the ggpoker youtube to check out some of the match tonight, and I thought it was a joke at first, like the same guy was playing 2 different parts and somehow doing the commentary alone, or with an evil twin. Sure he switched shirts and headphones and added an accent, but the hair and the mustache....

Name:  Screenshot-2020-11-13-at-11-13-45-PM.png
Views: 276
Size:  1.31 MB

Blog Entries
    seems like in these short sessions whoever doubles up first on one table seems to have an advantage. last 2 sessions dougie seemed to chase towards the end of it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries

Comments

shoeshine box: Druff you got a shot man. Negs is manning up.

Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I am looking to bet on Doug at even money.DN is now in the lead, So I am taking the worst of it. Any takers will have to escrow with Druff as will I. As long as Druff doesn’t mind being the escrow
    No longer looking for action on this. DN is up about 200k in the first hour today. Doug is playing against DN coach’s. Match is BS
    -Allergic to the struggle

Gold
    No longer looking for action on this. DN is up about 200k in the first hour today. Doug is playing against DN coach’s. Match is BS
    He's learning between sessions. Did you assume he wouldn't do that? He's still a dog.

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    the question is; what will dn's results look like when he stops running hot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information