Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL DANIEL NEGERANU / DOUG POLK HEADS UP (and sidebetting) THREAD ***

Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Anyone have the current rules for the match?
    Nothing below the belt or above the neck
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Credit to Srsly for telling me this stuff instead of just taking action from me, which of course would have been fair if he wanted to do it. That was honorable of him.
    No problem. I already have a lot wagered, so no need to hustle anyone out here.

If anybody else wants to do a friendly bet, I will of course lay 4-1. I wouldn't recommend taking me up on it though!

I predict Doug will win $210,000 on this challenge. Let me get five big macs! I'm actually rooting for Daniel, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i'll take dnegs @ 4-1 if any one of dummies want action as well. in fact i'll take less
    Mulva Iíll give you some action. How much you wanting to bet?
    Mulva you want action here?

12.5k hands with ability for the loser to extend the match to 25k hands essentially means Daniel is fucked. Without knowing if you can reload to match I'd say Daniel is looking at something like 15%. If you can match your opponents stack for reloads that number becomes very small for Daniel.

Blog Entries
    Negreanu gets the edge today after just 200 hands played live.

He won $116k, mostly at the end. Doug apparently ran two bad bluffs into Daniel's strong hands.

Just 24,800 left, guyz.

Of course, now it moves to online, where Doug has more of an edge.

WOW Daniel is now on pace to win $14,500,000 in this challenge!

If anyone would like to bet on him to win, I will lay you 3-1.

if they dragged out the live bit, I'd 100% sub to pokergo for a few months. Fast paced, talkative heads up poker? fuck yeah. Will they be live mic'ed and/or video broadcast during the rest of it? I hadn;t really payed any attention before tonight, and I only saw from hand ~130 onward, but I enjoyed the shit out of it tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    if they dragged out the live bit, I'd 100% sub to pokergo for a few months. Fast paced, talkative heads up poker? fuck yeah. Will they be live mic'ed and/or video broadcast during the rest of it? I hadn;t really payed any attention before tonight, and I only saw from hand ~130 onward, but I enjoyed the shit out of it tonite.
    There will be 360-degree cameras in the room for both players at all times, but I believe that's just for security purposes and not for the general public.

Upswing Twitch and DougPolkPoker YouTube will be streaming the online matches, but not with player video and hole cards only at showdown.

There will be another live session torwards the end of the challenge, and possibly another in the middle.

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

Polk won 218k up 101k in match now.

bill perkins is an idiot masquerading as someone sharp

his training system he has named 'GOD' apparently doesn't teach you to value bet with top pair heads up
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Polk won 218k up 101k in match now.
    My mood right now

At least the guy who's going to win it from me is a PFA listener.

Well one thing we learned from twitter is that wsop.com will be returning the rake generated from this match to the players. Seems like the outside action they bring to the site will more than make up for the lost rake generated.

As I said in my contest thread Daniel made a mistake by just agreeing to Doug's terms. This is like a very good amateur golfer agreeing to a match with a top 20 golf pro to play one match on their home course and the remaining 20 matches on professional courses that the pro golfer has played before with no handicap! Daniel should have either insisted on playing live the entire time to try and even out the edge or adding in a game that Daniel feels is his best game. I think Daniel has an outside chance to win still given the large luck factor in heads up poker between two good players (it's not like Polk is playing a pure fun player here), but it's going to be very hard for him to win now that the rest of the match is in Polk territory. I'd now guess that Polk will probably clear 500k+ from this match alone if not making more than 1 million.

GL to all who have entered the contest thread, obviously it is now closed, and for sake of the betting in this thread let's not bump the other one until a winner has been declared.

It's a freeroll for Daniel and whatever happens he's still getting payed.

He gets to play the underdog and someone else foots the bill. It's was never going to be anything else.

Blog Entries
    the last session was a beat down. dnegs would of had a better chance playing 50 dollar slots.

i don't know if the match still being in it's infancy is a bad thing or a good thing.

dnegs should push for more live play..not only because it strengthens his chances but it's better for us to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Are there any teaser clips or highlight videos? Or should I just ignore this completely?

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    the last session was a beat down. dnegs would of had a better chance playing 50 dollar slots.

i don't know if the match still being in it's infancy is a bad thing or a good thing.

dnegs should push for more live play..not only because it strengthens his chances but it's better for us to watch

im only half joking when i say it gave me ptsd.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Are there any teaser clips or highlight videos?

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

nunbeater: dude this is insanely hilarious post needs more love

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Are there any teaser clips or highlight videos?

Thread Information