Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL DANIEL NEGERANU / DOUG POLK HEADS UP (and sidebetting) THREAD ***

Blog Entries
    Actually session 18, but whatever.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1337251004253782016

Doug acknowledges that he got lucky yesterday, as he has in most big spots thus far.

Some people are saying that Daniel will quit at the 12,500 hand mark, as is allowed by the challenge rules. However, I don't think he will. I feel that he truly believes he's losing mostly because of the big hand runbad (which, to be fair, is a real thing so far), so he will keep on truckin'.

Also, if he's getting backed, I'm guessing the well-heeled sources behind him will buy his explanation and let him keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Some people are saying that Daniel will quit at the 12,500 hand mark, as is allowed by the challenge rules. However, I don't think he will.
    Agreed. I tried to bet on this yesterday, but got no takers.

Blog Entries
    seems like the only way he's gonna win back 1 milly is to up the stakes. maybe sit down with $125k instead of $40k
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    seems like the only way he's gonna win back 1 milly is to up the stakes. maybe sit down with $125k instead of $40k
    if we go by online only and exclude the live session at the beginning of this whole deal, he's down over a mil already. his only remedy would be extended live play and a hurricane of variance in his favor, and doug ain't gonna allow them to play thousands of live hands, because why would he?

I'm enjoying the shit out of this whole thing, myself. I watch a portion of almost every broadcast, and I've passively watched more than a few all the way thru late nite.

Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1337601711238606848

Daniel gets a little back, but he's got a long way to go.

Doug Polk is just a better player than Daniel Negreanu.

Daniel is on major tilt.

He is also suffering from "roid rage" and has mental problems.

It's admit defeat and retire from poker.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Doug Polk is just a better player than Daniel Negreanu.

Daniel is on major tilt.

He is also suffering from "roid rage" and has mental problems.

It's admit defeat and retire from poker.

GG

eh, not exactly...

I wouldn't think thats exactly what is going to happen here. Variance happens and nobody just runs directly straight uphill, Dnegs will get his too imo, but the stakes they are playing its getting sizable now for sure. Either way and factor in two actual world class players, and variance built into a deck of cards and I think it will even out more so then it is now. Could be wrong but lots of hands left still..

alex rocha would own both at the same time

Comments

garrett: lol and he would love you for thinking that of him I would think =)

Sheesfaced: lol

Rick Sanchez: alex rocha is GOD
    Hi Lew!!!

12500 hands done....Daniel lost an average of just over $61 per hand.

Iím sure heís learned enough to make $ off the endeavor which is probably his reason for doing itin the first place

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Iím sure heís learned enough to make $ off the endeavor which is probably his reason for doing itin the first place
    what a stupid thing to say. to suggest losing 700k thus far as a means to learn
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    dnegs has outplayed him pretty thoroughly the last few sessions, but all the previous bad showdown variance and him being down quite a bit, makes it harder to comeback. it's hard to walk away from a session +200k

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

what a stupid thing to say. to suggest losing 700k thus far as a means to learn

I canít think of any rational reason for him to play Polk at Polks best game...

Blog Entries
    Halfway there, 12.5k hands, 770k up for Polk.

This low-budget but funny video hasn't gotten much love... yet. Not sure who made it.

Comments

JeffDime: I laughed out loud at the “Blame the all in EV” hook

Blog Entries
    Negreanu chipping away at the lead.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1348827442887028737

Negreanu has been on an upswing (no pun intended) for the past 3500 hands or so.

Might Negreanu have also bought himself out of the endless Polk trolling, by agreeing to this match? Look how sweet this is:

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1349076044012142592

Is SteveDaPimp back? His M/O back in the day was to impersonate well known pros and scam people:

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1348681924735160324

Also, while I don't mind Doug, I have kinda come around to sonatine's thinking that he's a burger:

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1349385711649083393

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    as you posted this, they were finishing up a session where Doug was +120K.

Blog Entries
    LOL of course.

I didn't know they were playing today.

Was actually starting to get hope for my bet.

Gold
    This has to be so painful for Hikaru.

Blog Entries
    dnegs has outplayed polk more than the other way around. sadly, he's on the short end of things. whittling away at -800k is hard work

Blog Entries
    lol @ the wrap up interviews after the match today.

dnegs complained some more about running like shit.

polk rips him a new one saying he's destroying him and denegs is running like a god not running like shit. complete with fish voice and theatrics

hilarious stuff as he likened dnegs to a 1/2 fish running bad and complaining that he wasn't running bad at all (in polks mind)

Comments

Crowe Diddly:
    Last edited by mulva; 01-18-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Thread Information