Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Any Glock pistol owners here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Druff and I both like the Beretta 92FS and the Surefire X300 weapon light...

This is a glock thread idiot.
    Also LOL at you two idiots watching Lethal Weapon and be like Beretta very very good
    LOL. I didn’t know where else to put this gun related item. If I started a new thread, the PFA Complaint Line would blow up.

Speaking of Lethal Weapon, the 92FS got down in this deleted scene...

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you must have the smallest penis ever

Load Metric
    Add, this is slightly true...

Load Metric
    Safety note- If youre going to model a Glock pistol, take your finger OFF the trigger. Thank you.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d2&oe=603F92C8

Load Metric

Any Glock pistol owners here.

Glock chick...

Load Metric
    Druff got a new Glock...

Load Metric
    Name:  glock.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  63.3 KB

favorite amo

Name:  g2.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  68.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post

favorite amo

Name:  g2.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  68.2 KB
    I pretty much agree with this and always considered the Federal Hydra Shocks (HST) in 9mm the "King of All Ammo" (jacked hollow points). About over a year ago, I changed up my home defense loads and wanted to get the Fed HST in 147 grain, but couldnt find them locally at the time, so went with the Sig Sauer V-Crown instead.

Later on I found the HSTs in the next county over. I think I will be ok with the Sig V-Crowns for now, but the Fed HST's have a better track record, as you know. I think the Pawn Shop I found them at were the older generation, but I still wanted them, just didnt need them. I then sold off the Browning BXP in 147 grain, which I think are pretty close to the Winchester Silver Tips, which I also like and have, older generation. (Browning and Winchester are owned by the same company, so their bullets might look the same) In the past, I would have never gone to the 147 grain, but changed my system since they are for home defense.

As for my mid-sized road pistol, I am using the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain and if you know ammo, those are really nice.

For the CCW, I have a few different choices and not sure what I am going to be using yet. Might be 115 or 124 grain.

For the non gun folks, the 9mm round is typically found in three grain weights- 115, 124 and 147. The 135 is somewhat new and considered on the heavier side, IMO.

Comments

snowtracks: Great info!
    Last edited by desertrunner; 02-13-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Load Metric
    This is for some of the non gun type people here, a Jacked Hollow Point (JHP) has an opening in the front of the bullet and it expands. A Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) does not and is a full metal or copper bullet.

JHPs are for home and self defense and FMJs are for target and practice.

Here is one example of JHPs...

Comments

snowtracks: more great info!

Load Metric
    double murder suicide. near scranton pa. 2-1-2021. the problem with 9mm. don't talk shit (go ahead) (i'll make your life a living hell) while throwing your snow into a neighbor's yard.

while the narration is spot on it's too lengthy. many misses, husband is hit and abandons his wife, wife goes down, their still moving and crying for god and cops. shooter gets his rifle and double taps them.

action at 1:16:00, 1:19:00, 1:22:00

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    double murder suicide. near scranton pa. 2-1-2021. the problem with 9mm. don't talk shit (go ahead) (i'll make your life a living hell) while throwing your snow into a neighbor's yard.

while the narration is spot on it's too lengthy. many misses, husband is hit and abandons his wife, wife goes down, their still moving and crying for god and cops. shooter gets his rifle and double taps them.

action at 1:16:00, 1:19:00, 1:22:00

Lets review some things as you’re maybe implying that 9mm is ineffective.

You’re saying that 9mm doesn’t kill the body fast, but no rounds do as you’re used to seeing people go down quickly and die in TV and the movies. It actually takes awhile for a round, any round to penetrate the vital organs and/or CNS to stop body functions.

As for the double tap to the head, a 9mm will do the trick as you’re shorting the head.

I like 9 and gonna stick to it.

Load Metric
    Name:  glock1.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  86.0 KB

No Doubt 100% this is a Glock.
    I always said if good enough for the Police! Good enough for me.

Load Metric
    Druff needs a Glock19 for the Vegas road trips.

Load Metric
    I believe Ventura County, just like Los Angeles, is a may issue jurisdiction. So without a political hook-up, not likely to be allowed to carry in California.

You can thank Kamala Harris for that, as she as attorney general of Calif led the appeal of Peralta v San Diego to the full ninth district court, and reversed a 3 judge panel decision of the ninth circuit that would have made California a shall issue state.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    I believe Ventura County, just like Los Angeles, is a may issue jurisdiction. So without a political hook-up, not likely to be allowed to carry in California.

You can thank Kamala Harris for that, as she as attorney general of Calif led the appeal of Peralta v San Diego to the full ninth district court, and reversed a 3 judge panel decision of the ninth circuit that would have made California a shall issue state.
    Bro, second time here you have posted and been mis-informed on the 2A rules and basics. You can still drive a car anywhere in California and still have a firearm onboard with you. I never said anything about CCW or county specifics. With a few basics, Druff CAN drive from So Cal to Vegas with a protective firearm onboard his personal vehicle. The specifics are- Pistol unloaded, in a locked container and visible. The ammo must be separate.

Load Metric
    Name:  GPRO9.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  72.8 KB

Add a GoPro HERO 9 for recording at the Firing Range.

Name:  fire 2.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  23.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post

Add a GoPro HERO 9 for recording at the Firing Range.

Name:  fire 2.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  23.7 KB
    What night sites did you upgrade to?

Load Metric

Bro, second time here you have posted and been mis-informed on the 2A rules and basics. You can still drive a car anywhere in California and still have a firearm onboard with you. I never said anything about CCW or county specifics. With a few basics, Druff CAN drive from So Cal to Vegas with a protective firearm onboard his personal vehicle. The specifics are- Pistol unloaded, in a locked container and visible. The ammo must be separate.
    my point exactly...those restrictions are equivalent to being unarmed imho...to long required to deploy in response to a threat while driving---thus 'Bro' what you are urging, carrying a firearm for protection on the drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, would be of little value on 200 of the 240 miles of the trip.

Load Metric

my point exactly...those restrictions are equivalent to being unarmed imho...to long required to deploy in response to a threat while driving---thus 'Bro' what you are urging, carrying a firearm for protection on the drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, would be of little value on 200 of the 240 miles of the trip.
    Ha, not at all, so easy to do. I can unlock a lock, open a plastic case, load a mag, rack a slide in less than 25 seconds. Not hard to do at all, youve obviously never done it before.

Load Metric

Ha, not at all, so easy to do. I can unlock a lock, open a plastic case, load a mag, rack a slide in less than 25 seconds. Not hard to do at all, youve obviously never done it before.
    no, i've never done that while driving 70mph nor will i ever...please tell me where you practice deploying while driving so i can avoid that stretch

Load Metric

no, i've never done that while driving 70mph nor will i ever...please tell me where you practice deploying while driving so i can avoid that stretch
    Dude, it’s not that hard to unlock a lock, drop in a mag and rack a slide. Maybe firearms aren’t for you and that’s ok.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: California is not for me...i rest my case

Thread Information