Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Glock pistol owners here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Cool Any Glock pistol owners here.

Druff and I were talking about Glock pistols in Messenger and I thought I would bring the conversation here. We both live in California, so the 3rd gen is most common here and my personal favorite. Part of the conversation was a past recall and the only one I know of was the double capture recoil spring on the 4th gen thats been fixed and we cant get here anyways.

I recommend a Glock 19 for more anyone and mentioned that to Druff. I like the 19 because its big enough to fight, small enough to CCW and ideal for road carry.

Any other owners or fans here?

Load Metric
    Bought a 9mm 30 years ago and still works like new. Love it.

Load Metric
    Gen 3 Glock 19's are very good...sturdy & reliable, and easier to re-assemble than a M1911 style semi-auto. The ammo used, 9mm, is relatively cheap and readily available. The complaint i have about them is removing the slide is not easy: one needs to pull the slide back a small distance while simultaneously pressing two small release buttons...

the Springfield XD9 is a similar weapon that is has a slide release mechanism much easier to work (larger release buttons).

But for most people I would recommend a 6/5 shot revolver .38 caliber with a swing out cylinder...much more simple to clean/maintain than a semi-auto, as or even more reliable, and not as much the offensive threat. Get one with dual action and a hammer spur for cocking to allow light trigger pull. Load a shot shell in the first chamber to give your first shot the best chance of hitting and stopping any attack without killing.

Comments

Sludge: Great advice.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-29-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

But for most people I would recommend a 6/5 shot revolver .38 caliber with a swing out cylinder...much more simple to clean/maintain than a semi-auto, as or even more reliable, and not as much the offensive threat. Get one with dual action and a hammer spur for cocking to allow light trigger pull. Load a shot shell in the first chamber to give your first shot the best chance of hitting and stopping any attack without killing.
    I think according to Druff you need 2 or 3 of them. Can't really defend yourself properly with less than 10 bullets. In his defense i think that was in the context of semiautos. If only we had a way to reload them fast by using a container of some sorts.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The only Glock I have right now is a 23 (.40 round vs the Glock 19's 9mm)

Name:  20201029_194628.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  3.70 MB

Positives: it is identical in weight and dimensions (empty) to a 19 and imo is still a good CC weapon. It packs much better stopping power than the 9mm.

Negatives : a little more training possibly needed and better shot placement because there is a little more recoil but again, this is the tradeoff to having more stopping power. The 23 gives 13 rounds in the mag and the 19 gives 15 rounds.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 40s are way better than 9mm.

Load Metric
    UGH 9MM BOUNCES OF WINDSHIELDS OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO WITH THE 40

Comments

Gordman: Hank Schrader agrees
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    The only Glock I have right now is a 23 (.40 round vs the Glock 19's 9mm)

Positives: it is identical in weight and dimensions (empty) to a 19 and imo is still a good CC weapon. It packs much better stopping power than the 9mm.

Negatives : a little more training possibly needed and better shot placement because there is a little more recoil but again, this is the tradeoff to having more stopping power. The 23 gives 13 rounds in the mag and the 19 gives 15 rounds.
    When Druff and I were talking, I recommended the 19 several times for the road travel gun factor. The 19 pretty much rules the world in mid-size compact pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Not really, you got any stats on this? In the use against windshields, I would go with the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain as they designed it to work against windshields.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    When Druff and I were talking, I recommended the 19 several times for the road travel gun factor. The 19 pretty much rules the world in mid-size compact pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Not really, you got any stats on this? In the use against windshields, I would go with the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain as they designed it to work against windshields.

just some street wisdom from the currency collapse in argentina. when the grey market ammo is all you can scrounge up, its usually your run of the mill NATO issue fare.

if you have something exotic, ok cool.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    The complaint i have about them is removing the slide is not easy: one needs to pull the slide back a small distance while simultaneously pressing two small release buttons...
    I gotta tell ya bro, this part in the break down process is rather easy in my experience.

Load Metric
    Anyone trying to find ammo in their local area?

Load Metric
    I got a Kimber Custom II in .45 for Christmas. I will do a report for you gents after I take it to the range.

Comments

desertrunner: Awesome, thanks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Anyone trying to find ammo in their local area?
    Name:  glock.JPG
Views: 213
Size:  111.5 KB

I am sitting around 1500 rounds and don't have to venture into a Gun Store for Ammo yet. Covid is still out there!

and Thanks for the info. Added the nebo!

Comments

IamGreek: Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

desertrunner: Awesome, thank you.

Load Metric
    Oh damn, Im gonna probably get that NEBO too because it can be a "Johnny be good stick" How do you like it? And your rolling a Glock 26, nice. I assume you like it?

Load Metric
    i got a 380 this year ive never fired it keep the ammo in the glove box and gun locked in a weird case at home so its probably super useful but just in case yall somehow bingular wireless does come back i will out here rootin and tootin gun in the air

Load Metric
    also getting ammo for it was weirdly hard

Load Metric

Any Glock pistol owners here.

^^^^ Ha Ha, Yep! I was hoping to see that ad again.

Only thing is I rather have the 226 and 228 (both in 9mm, I have them) instead of the 220 in 45.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    FYI Glocks are shit, in all my years of IPSC maybe 1% showed up with a Glock and they were all first timers.
    Try a STI 1911/2011 and get back to me on how good the glock is also that triggerLOL.
    Load your own fucking ammo.
    9mm is faggot, get with the program 38 super or 40SW.

on a side note looking at druffs video he would probably be deadlier with a 22 then again so would probably 99% of the US population
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    FYI Glocks are shit, in all my years of IPSC maybe 1% showed up with a Glock and they were all first timers.
    Try a STI 1911/2011 and get back to me on how good the glock is also that triggerLOL.
    Load your own fucking ammo.
    9mm is faggot, get with the program 38 super or 40SW.
    I can agree on no Glocks at IPSC, I dont know alot about that. I know some people are running Sig P320s. LOL, I love 9mm, all I need for defense. I also like 38 Special, but not super. As for 40, now that IS lame.

on a side note looking at druffs video he would probably be deadlier with a 22 then again so would probably 99% of the US population
    Druff will be an expert once he gets to Front Site. We went to the wrong range that day and things just werent ideal. The range on the other side of town is so much better, but we made it work. Druff will take the Beretta and be nailing it eventually. I think he liked liked my Sig 226r as well, another smooth shooter. But speaking of Beretta, I'd love to fire a 92FS right now.

Add- I love 22lr, the most fun!

Load Metric
    Glock- The official pistol of Poker Fraud Alert...

Load Metric
    DesertRunner: A friend of yours?

he'd be a friend of mine!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information