Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Any Glock pistol owners here.

Load Metric
    Yum...

Load Metric

Any Glock pistol owners here.

Awhile back, Druff and I were taking about Glocks and the different generations, that’s what started this thread. Druff was asking about the 4th gen recall and I stated that I only like Gen3 and that is the current California standard.

So I just found this Gen3 video review and Sooth00 is a good and long time reviewer. Had to share his Gen3 review...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    sorry how do you read into it was hard to get ammo in california i have a box in my car and ive never fired the gun leads you to be like bro you need more ammo walk me through your thought process
    Right now, there is a massive ammo shortage across the nation. Prices are inflated by 3-4x, so any time you can get a little bit of ammo, you grab it. Every store in every state is sold out right now to where people are standing in line outside of stores for hours just to get any ammo. So if i can help a PFA friend out, I will. I've helped Druff with ammo in the past.

Shelves are still Empty. Only 3 boxes left on shelf at 21.99 per box.
    Also very few handguns on shelf.

Name:  silver.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  110.7 KB

Comments

WillieMcFML: Flashlight rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i was going to ty to make the case that in a SHTF situation it would be much better to buy 6-8 cheap 9mm carbines than 1 gucci AR but these cheap hi-point like carbines have almost doubled in price (if you can even get them). you used to be able to get them for under $200, or $150 used at a pawn shop

example:
    https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...unds/p/1528903

palmetto has been shitting out some good "blem' deals

i bought this:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...a3-pistol.html

$560 no tax

"blem" relates to only cosmetic imperfections, not functionality, but i still couldn't find any - maybe i'll see some discoloring or minor scratches when i take it apart but either way this is a great deal
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 08-18-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    maybe it's just me but, I look at heavy weapons, and even more so the Assault Rifle type stuff and hate it. Maybe it is because AR-15 type weapons are also what the M4 and actual Military stuff is. But I just feel like in Society across the board weapons, especially heavy weapons do more harm than good, and are bad for Society. Weapons were meant for a job, and to kill people quite possibly, as far as I ever knew or cared to know I guess, but maybe I am different.

Not I get how some also feel adamantly about the complete opposite, and want Arsenals imo, in their homes. And that of course is stupid to ever let anyone have, or do

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    maybe it's just me but, I look at heavy weapons, and even more so the Assault Rifle type stuff and hate it. Maybe it is because AR-15 type weapons are also what the M4 and actual Military stuff is. But I just feel like in Society across the board weapons, especially heavy weapons do more harm than good, and are bad for Society. Weapons were meant for a job, and to kill people quite possibly, as far as I ever knew or cared to know I guess, but maybe I am different.

Not I get how some also feel adamantly about the complete opposite, and want Arsenals imo, in their homes. And that of course is stupid to ever let anyone have, or do
    honestly i completely agree.

i get having a good deer hunting rifle. and getting a barrett or lapua to blast at manhole covers from a mile away has always been on my 'rich guy bucket list'. but the ubiquity of assault rifles essentially as fashion statements is some real death cult shit.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i get having a good deer hunting rifle. and getting a barrett or lapua to blast at manhole covers from a mile away has always been on my 'rich guy bucket list'. but the ubiquity of assault rifles essentially as fashion statements is some real death cult shit.
    I used to have some ARs but got rid of them all. I don’t have a problem with them, but I just never shot them. They just sat in my safe, and I could say to someone “yea I got a Sig m400 pistol with brace ect”. At this point I just collect the pistols I like, deer rifles, and a couple shotguns.

My deer rifle now is a Tikka T3 Lite in 300 WSM. I love that damn thing.

Load Metric
    This is why the taliban is winning
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

I used to have some ARs but got rid of them all. I don’t have a problem with them, but I just never shot them. They just sat in my safe, and I could say to someone “yea I got a Sig m400 pistol with brace ect”. At this point I just collect the pistols I like, deer rifles, and a couple shotguns.

thats a fine looking gun imo.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

I live about 50 miles from Lapua. Tikkas are made few hundred miles south. Tikka means either dart or woodpecker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

I live about 50 miles from Lapua. Tikkas are made few hundred miles south. Tikka means either dart or woodpecker.
    Yes, that’s the rifle I have. Except mine has the stainless barrel.

Load Metric

oh my gosh, you could be an alright guy with some training!!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Mine irl

Name:  6D8A3A31-D868-415E-9D07-756C06426BA5.jpeg
Views: 266
Size:  3.65 MB

Comments

sonatine: very handsome stuff

Load Metric
    Update:

Just got a Browning A5 in real tree for turkey and other game. Haven’t shot it yet but will update again when I do. Pic included

Name:  90A70EBE-1EA7-4282-880E-AAE11BEBC07A.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  1.97 MB

Comments

snowtracks: Sweet

Load Metric
    Update:

Just got a Browning A5 in real tree for turkey and other game. Haven’t shot it yet but will update again when I do. Pic included

Name:  90A70EBE-1EA7-4282-880E-AAE11BEBC07A.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  1.97 MB
    I bought two vintage Auto 5s at an auction ten years ago and have never fired them.

Waiting for the hoards to scale the parapet.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    I don't have a Glock, tho I did seriously consider it on the recommendation of several police officer friends of mine.

I went with a Wilson Combat Carry Comp. There's just something about a 1911.

Name:  IMG_8221.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  593.2 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    I don't have a Glock, tho I did seriously consider it on the recommendation of several police officer friends of mine.

I went with a Wilson Combat Carry Comp. There's just something about a 1911.

Name:  IMG_8221.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  593.2 KB
    I never believed anyone was really paying thousands of dollars for 25 cents worth of upgrades. Now I see it's true.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefcatcher View Post
    I never believed anyone was really paying thousands of dollars for 25 cents worth of upgrades. Now I see it's true.
    Believe it! Wilson Combat has a massive waiting list, even back in 2012 when I ordered mine. I can't even imagine what it's like today.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefcatcher View Post
    Believe it! Wilson Combat has a massive waiting list, even back in 2012 when I ordered mine. I can't even imagine what it's like today.
    My 1911 is the Kimber two-toned full size in 45. I love it.
    Last edited by tommyt; 01-16-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Thread Information