Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Glock pistol owners here.

Load Metric
    When I went to a gun range a few weeks ago, I wanted to try a CZ 75 or derivative to try out what shooting double action/single action was like, as well as because I’ve seen a number of vids that speak to its reliability and accuracy while being cheaper than a Beretta 92FS. But the only DA/SA models they had was the Beretta.

In case you missed my post in in the other thread of Druff going to the range, here’s a vid I put together showing the highlights, with a lot of the fail I experienced in loading and unloading the gun edited out.

But what got me super interested in trying a CZ 75 was that it was the basis for a very cool 2018 model by CZ, the Shadow 2, that is apparently almost as accurate and as fast as much more expensive custom Model 2011s. The higher grip relative to the bore axis, the super smooth trigger, and lighter weight of the slide are said to what makes this gun a relative breeze to shoot well with.

I’m going home for a week early next month and and hoping that I can find a gun range there to check it out.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WSPreadHead View Post

yes I get a discount and are able to usually get 2 a year
    We've all heard of the small cock, own Glock theory.

Do you guys require records of mental stability and or cock size?
    Same thing basically
    we are required to have a large cock to work there... getting a picture of my BIL's was embarrassing to say the least

Load Metric
    I’ve shot a glock 9mil and 40 cal. Both were decent but I didn’t really like the feel of the guns. Glocks are tanks but I just don’t like them. I still prefer SW for my CC gun but it’s a feel thing.

Honestly the smoothest gun I ever shot was a Kimber 1911 but I wouldn’t carry it.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    All you need to "protect your house" is a shotgun. If you own anything else you're just being a asshole.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    All you need to "protect your house" is a shotgun. If you own anything else you're just being a asshole.
    I’m one of PFA’s ardent libs and I disagree. A shotgun might be too big to wield in some homes. And not necessarily readily available in part of the house you might be in when you detect a threat that likely requires being armed. So, one should locate easily retrievable handguns all over ones home, preferrably in hidden compartments.

Comments

shoeshine box: great video.ty.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've said it before, I'll say it again These boys/girls are among the smartest breed of dogs
    who are not just everyday companions but loyal defenders of the entire family.

They are better than a burglar alarm in that they will alert you far in advance to any intruder and god help those who proceed.

You can pet your Glock all day long it won't make a difference in the middle of the night when "they" come for you. Think of them as heat seeking missiles.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I’m one of PFA’s ardent libs and I disagree. A shotgun might be too big to wield in some homes. And not necessarily readily available in part of the house you might be in when you detect a threat that likely requires being armed. So, one should locate easily retrievable handguns all over ones home, preferrably in hidden compartments.

I get you and you make great points but if we are talking home invasion I'm not worried about it happening while I'm making waffles or using the bathroom. I figure it'll happen when we're in bed and then it's just a matter of protecting a doorway. So that's why I love shotguns. Also, skeet shooting is a blast. Obviously there's like a 0.00001% chance of a home invasion happening so end of day ehh.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    btw, you mention having a car gun...if you have to fire while inside your car, you ears & eyes will suffer huge without protection...so bring that along and put it on if you see a hot situation developing. (and watch out for the hot shell ejecting from your semi)
    The idea here is I like to travel the wide open desert and just having a firearm on board is big peace of mind. No one can anticipate a gun battle or time of need, but having a pistol onboard is the only way for me to desertrun in the Mojave, I-15 or around Vegas.
    I agree for piece of mind in the desert or anywhere.
    I use to own a ruger but this is far better.
    Name:  glock3.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  41.4 KB

You can also take it work.

Name:  glock1.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  glock2.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  82.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post

The idea here is I like to travel the wide open desert and just having a firearm on board is big peace of mind. No one can anticipate a gun battle or time of need, but having a pistol onboard is the only way for me to desertrun in the Mojave, I-15 or around Vegas.
    I agree for piece of mind in the desert or anywhere.
    I use to own a ruger but this is far better.
    Name:  glock3.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  41.4 KB
    You really cant loose with a Glock 19, it fits the bill, many bills.

Funny video on the Glock 19...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I get you and you make great points but if we are talking home invasion I'm not worried about it happening while I'm making waffles or using the bathroom. I figure it'll happen when we're in bed and then it's just a matter of protecting a doorway. So that's why I love shotguns. Also, skeet shooting is a blast. Obviously there's like a 0.00001% chance of a home invasion happening so end of day ehh.
    I’m not against the idea of having a shotgun for home defense. But not everyone faces the same type of threat at home in which a firearm would be useful for home defense. And why limit yourself to ONLY a shotgun in the bedroom? Can you not afford to own more than one firearm? That’s like only having one way to exit your home in the event of fire and planning how to do so for only a particular kind of fire that would allow using that exit.

Load Metric
    For years, I had a pistol for home defense and still do, but the home defense firearm is now an 870 shotgun with a nice light.

Load Metric
    Any new Glock owners here, they are getting harder to get.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Anyone trying to find ammo in their local area?

Load Metric
    I got a Kimber Custom II in .45 for Christmas. I will do a report for you gents after I take it to the range.

Comments

desertrunner: Awesome, thanks.

Load Metric
    Anyone trying to find ammo in their local area?
    Name:  glock.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  111.5 KB

I am sitting around 1500 rounds and don't have to venture into a Gun Store for Ammo yet. Covid is still out there!

and Thanks for the info. Added the nebo!

Comments

IamGreek: Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

desertrunner: Awesome, thank you.

Load Metric
    Oh damn, Im gonna probably get that NEBO too because it can be a "Johnny be good stick" How do you like it? And your rolling a Glock 26, nice. I assume you like it?

Load Metric
    i got a 380 this year ive never fired it keep the ammo in the glove box and gun locked in a weird case at home so its probably super useful but just in case yall somehow bingular wireless does come back i will out here rootin and tootin gun in the air

Load Metric
    also getting ammo for it was weirdly hard

Load Metric

Any Glock pistol owners here.

Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    also getting ammo for it was weirdly hard
    I had some 380 here locally. If you need some, please PM me and I can maybe send some to you.

Last edited by desertrunner; 12-26-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Thread Information