Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Any Glock pistol owners here.

  1. #1

    Cool Any Glock pistol owners here.

    Druff and I were talking about Glock pistols in Messenger and I thought I would bring the conversation here. We both live in California, so the 3rd gen is most common here and my personal favorite. Part of the conversation was a past recall and the only one I know of was the double capture recoil spring on the 4th gen thats been fixed and we cant get here anyways.

    I recommend a Glock 19 for more anyone and mentioned that to Druff. I like the 19 because its big enough to fight, small enough to CCW and ideal for road carry.

    Any other owners or fans here?

  2. #2
    Bought a 9mm 30 years ago and still works like new. Love it.
    he tries to fly under the radar with his gay big words - Big Bird

  3. #3
    Gen 3 Glock 19's are very good...sturdy & reliable, and easier to re-assemble than a M1911 style semi-auto. The ammo used, 9mm, is relatively cheap and readily available. The complaint i have about them is removing the slide is not easy: one needs to pull the slide back a small distance while simultaneously pressing two small release buttons...

    the Springfield XD9 is a similar weapon that is has a slide release mechanism much easier to work (larger release buttons).

    But for most people I would recommend a 6/5 shot revolver .38 caliber with a swing out cylinder...much more simple to clean/maintain than a semi-auto, as or even more reliable, and not as much the offensive threat. Get one with dual action and a hammer spur for cocking to allow light trigger pull. Load a shot shell in the first chamber to give your first shot the best chance of hitting and stopping any attack without killing.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-29-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

    But for most people I would recommend a 6/5 shot revolver .38 caliber with a swing out cylinder...much more simple to clean/maintain than a semi-auto, as or even more reliable, and not as much the offensive threat. Get one with dual action and a hammer spur for cocking to allow light trigger pull. Load a shot shell in the first chamber to give your first shot the best chance of hitting and stopping any attack without killing.
    I think according to Druff you need 2 or 3 of them. Can't really defend yourself properly with less than 10 bullets. In his defense i think that was in the context of semiautos. If only we had a way to reload them fast by using a container of some sorts.

  5. #5
    The only Glock I have right now is a 23 (.40 round vs the Glock 19's 9mm)


    Name:  20201029_194628.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  3.70 MB


    Positives: it is identical in weight and dimensions (empty) to a 19 and imo is still a good CC weapon. It packs much better stopping power than the 9mm.

    Negatives : a little more training possibly needed and better shot placement because there is a little more recoil but again, this is the tradeoff to having more stopping power. The 23 gives 13 rounds in the mag and the 19 gives 15 rounds.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: 40s are way better than 9mm.

  6. #6
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,311
    UGH 9MM BOUNCES OF WINDSHIELDS OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO WITH THE 40

     
    Comments
      
      Gordman: Hank Schrader agrees
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    The complaint i have about them is removing the slide is not easy: one needs to pull the slide back a small distance while simultaneously pressing two small release buttons...
    I gotta tell ya bro, this part in the break down process is rather easy in my experience.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    The only Glock I have right now is a 23 (.40 round vs the Glock 19's 9mm)

    Positives: it is identical in weight and dimensions (empty) to a 19 and imo is still a good CC weapon. It packs much better stopping power than the 9mm.

    Negatives : a little more training possibly needed and better shot placement because there is a little more recoil but again, this is the tradeoff to having more stopping power. The 23 gives 13 rounds in the mag and the 19 gives 15 rounds.
    When Druff and I were talking, I recommended the 19 several times for the road travel gun factor. The 19 pretty much rules the world in mid-size compact pistols.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    UGH 9MM BOUNCES OF WINDSHIELDS OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO WITH THE 40
    Not really, you got any stats on this? In the use against windshields, I would go with the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain as they designed it to work against windshields.


  9. #9
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,311
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    When Druff and I were talking, I recommended the 19 several times for the road travel gun factor. The 19 pretty much rules the world in mid-size compact pistols.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    UGH 9MM BOUNCES OF WINDSHIELDS OF COURSE YOU SHOULD GO WITH THE 40
    Not really, you got any stats on this? In the use against windshields, I would go with the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain as they designed it to work against windshields.


    just some street wisdom from the currency collapse in argentina. when the grey market ammo is all you can scrounge up, its usually your run of the mill NATO issue fare.

    if you have something exotic, ok cool.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    just some street wisdom from the currency collapse in argentina. when the grey market ammo is all you can scrounge up, its usually your run of the mill NATO issue fare.

    if you have something exotic, ok cool.
    I forgot to mention that I run the Critical Duty 135 grain NON +P in my road pistol. So I am sure I will get penetration through a windshield, but who knows, its a total guess. The FBI did select this ammo for their duty weapons with barrier penetration in mind. I think the CD in 135 9mm will work fine if you really have to punch through a windshield. If you get off a full mag, I am sure you'll get some rounds on target.

  11. #11
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,311
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    just some street wisdom from the currency collapse in argentina. when the grey market ammo is all you can scrounge up, its usually your run of the mill NATO issue fare.

    if you have something exotic, ok cool.
    I forgot to mention that I run the Critical Duty 135 grain NON +P in my road pistol. So I am sure I will get penetration through a windshield, but who knows, its a total guess. The FBI did select this ammo for their duty weapons with barrier penetration in mind. I think the CD in 135 9mm will work fine if you really have to punch through a windshield. If you get off a full mag, I am sure you'll get some rounds on target.

    again if youre branching into specific rounds its a whole other conversation.

    because, and this is well documented, when things start to get sporty you will not have options when it comes to ammo. like i was tempted to get a FN five-seven for all the obvious reasons but unless i was prepared to drop several grand on ammo, im going to be in a bad way once all i can get my hands on are hand loads from whomever has surplus brass.

    so when im ranting about windshield penetration im basically doing so with the perspective of cycling through whatever the greasy dude has in stock that he's willing to trade for antibiotics, toothpaste, shitty gold jewelry, so on.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  12. #12
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,311
    also there's a great line from 'you cant win' by jack black about how you never want to be caught with a wonky, outlier caliber/weapon/bullet on your way back from a situation the cops are investigating.

    and when i kinda throw shade at 9mm, know that i was real serious about IPSC in the early 90s and was considering making race guns as a career. i fucking love 9mm for that stuff. but it wouldnt be my first choice if i had to only pick one gun.

    etc etc.

    but also be advised i havent given a real shit about guns in 20 years so if my information seems out of date it probably is.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  13. #13
    My apologies, I had to go back and reread your op. I thought you were maybe asking for opinions n shit, and I was wrong.

    I didnt realize this was strictly the:
    **** OFFICIAL "I have a Glock 19 with a specific grain, and Druff and I were talking" thread ****

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: KAPOW

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also there's a great line from 'you cant win' by jack black about how you never want to be caught with a wonky, outlier caliber/weapon/bullet on your way back from a situation the cops are investigating.

    and when i kinda throw shade at 9mm, know that i was real serious about IPSC in the early 90s and was considering making race guns as a career. i fucking love 9mm for that stuff. but it wouldnt be my first choice if i had to only pick one gun.

    etc etc.

    but also be advised i havent given a real shit about guns in 20 years so if my information seems out of date it probably is.
    Our experiences and backgrounds are way different and I try to be up on the current stuff. For me, I love the 9mm and it is my #1 go to.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    My apologies, I had to go back and reread your op. I thought you were maybe asking for opinions n shit, and I was wrong.

    I didnt realize this was strictly the:
    **** OFFICIAL "I have a Glock 19 with a specific grain, and Druff and I were talking" thread ****
    You are wrong and I never said I have a Glock 19. I was asking options and sharing info as well. Your troll job rating- 4/10.

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: UH OH
      
      shoeshine box: ty

  16. #16
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,311
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also there's a great line from 'you cant win' by jack black about how you never want to be caught with a wonky, outlier caliber/weapon/bullet on your way back from a situation the cops are investigating.

    and when i kinda throw shade at 9mm, know that i was real serious about IPSC in the early 90s and was considering making race guns as a career. i fucking love 9mm for that stuff. but it wouldnt be my first choice if i had to only pick one gun.

    etc etc.

    but also be advised i havent given a real shit about guns in 20 years so if my information seems out of date it probably is.
    Our experiences and backgrounds are way different and I try to be up on the current stuff. For me, I love the 9mm and it is my #1 go to.

    word. toss some glasers (or whatever the contemporary equivalent is) in it or something and you have all the stopping power you need, i expect.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs


  17. #17
    Gold gauchojake's Avatar
    Reputation
    528
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zipolite
    Posts
    2,293
    SHUT IT DOWN GORDO

  18. #18
    Had to throw this in just for fun....


  19. #19
    Just how much can you stock up on ammo, if you are thinking long term? Not like how much can you get your hands on, but how long can you expect it to last? Is it like if you keep it dry and at a stable temp, you're good for decades? Does ammo go bad?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Just how much can you stock up on ammo, if you are thinking long term? Not like how much can you get your hands on, but how long can you expect it to last? Is it like if you keep it dry and at a stable temp, you're good for decades? Does ammo go bad?
    - Quality ammo in a dry and stable environment can last a lifetime.

    - You can stock up as much as you want, its just a matter of money you want to spend, how much do you shoot and storage.

    - Ammo is super hard to get now, but its good have a nice stock on hand. Have atleast 1000 rounds of target/training FMJ (full metal jacket) on hand and a good batch of JHP (jacketed hollow points) in stock.

    - I started stocking up and stockpiling in 2006, Im good now. But once the ammo crisis ends, get what you can. Its also a good idea to slowly buy and save over time instead of panic buying at once.

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Attention All Website Forum Owners
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2019, 12:09 AM
  2. CHECKMATE SLAVE OWNERS
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM
  3. Tekashi69 Pistol Whipped, Kidnapped, Robbed and Hospitalized
    By FPS_Russia in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2018, 09:40 AM
  4. First time home owners dos and don'ts???
    By handicapme in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-15-2016, 12:31 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 10:06 PM